Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election (21898 Views)

Governor Yahaya Bello Assures Buhari Of Support For His Re-election Bid / Why The Next Election In Ekiti Will Be The Most Competitive In Nigeria(Reasons) / President Buhari Is Not Thinking About Next Election – VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by idris93(m): 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
The governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, says Ebonyi people will vote overwhelmingly for President Muhamadu Buhari if he contests any election in the future.
The governor, elected on the platform of the People Democratic Party (PDP), poured encomiums on President Buhari, saying that he was the only recognisable APC member in Ebonyi State.
The president, said the governor, regards Ebonyi State with deep affection unlike APC members from the state who do not care about the welfare of the people.
Pledging the unflinching loyalty of the people of the state to the Buhari administration, Mr. Umahi said the only vote APC would get in the state would be for the president.
“I have always said that APC is one man and that’s the president. The president is a man with good character and that’s why we are supporting him and he is supporting Ebonyi State.
“Ebonyi State is very dear in the heart of the President but not in the hearts of the masquerades who have not given anybody chalk.
“If APC will get a vote in Ebonyi State, it will get vote by the President alone and nobody else”.
The governor spoke when a delegation from Ohaozara, Onicha and Ivo Federal constituency as well as leaders from Onicha-East constituency paid him a New Year homage in Ohaozara LGA.
He said that his efforts to transform the state had made it impossible for the APC to be useful.
Referring to the APC and its symbol, broom, the governor added jokingly that “our people doing handiwork have refused to produce brooms again”.
Mr. Umahi, according the statement, said: “When you have broom in Ebonyi State where will you sweep? Is there any place to be swept? Is Ebonyi not clean? Is Ebonyi not neat?
“There is nothing to sweep. They have to take it (broom) to places that are dirty and continue their sweeping. But in Ebonyi State and because of the kind of people in APC, our people doing handiwork have refused to produce brooms again. So, there are no brooms in Ebonyi State because we have made everywhere to be very clean.
“When you’re walking on our roads you will be seeing yourself because the light will be on. So you will be seeing your shadow on the road. So there is nothing to sweep,” he said.
Mr. Umahi advised the people not to be deceived by those who had opportunity to help others but rather used it to care for themselves alone.
“We have seen the need for unity in Ebonyi State. We’ve seen the need for equity and fair play in the land of Ebonyi and God is helping us so much in this direction because that’s why we have absolute peace in Ebonyi State and that’s why there is no other party.
“People have been deceiving our people for years. Every time they deceive our people and they have had opportunity to buy houses in Abuja. Whom have they sent to school? Whom have they paid their school fees? The time of deceit is gone.”
------------
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/219972-pdp-governor-assures-buhari-of-states-vote-in-next-election.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by olaolulazio(m): 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
Seun, please how do I get a visa to the Republic of Benin?
No mod should delete my comment and remove me from this FTC position.. Poster below me should try harder.

Meanwhile, I think the governor was in the other room receiving blowwwwwwww job before the statement.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by Obijulius: 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
In other words...Buhari is the only broom in Ebonyi state.

Buhari don chop insult sha...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by spartan50(m): 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
Rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by krasican(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
EBONYI FOR BUHARI 2019 grin grin grin grin WHICH STATE IS NEXT FROM S EAST

wink wink

“I have always said that APC is one man and that’s the president. The president is a man with good character and that’s why we are supporting him and he is supporting Ebonyi State.
“Ebonyi State is very dear in the heart of the President but not in the hearts of the masquerades who have not given anybody chalk.
“If APC will get a vote in Ebonyi State, it will get vote by the President alone and nobody else”.

17 Likes

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by emmasege: 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
Umahi may be speaking for himself alone. Does a tree make a forest? Has Buhari as an individual been above average in terms of governance to be able to win the votes of Ebonyians? As at the last time I checked, neither APC nor their evil master Buhari was popular in Ebonyi and I don't see Buhari winning any election in that zone. Not until he starts behaving like a democrat who obeys the rule of law and a nationalist who does not place one region/religion above the other.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by seunseye(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
wrong act
Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by themonk(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by Ekpekus(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
Political statement grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by Heavance(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
How can we grow? This man is yet to spend 2 years as president, and that governor is talking another election.
na wa o

1 Like

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by abeffiom(m): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
lwkm
Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by Philistine(m): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
Igbos=Agip

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by Mysticluv(f): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
Accept my sympathy in advance Mr. Governor!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by ajoskele(m): 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
If states are buoyant enough, without taking bags to Abuja begging for money, there would be no need singpraising the president.

Lagos doesn't need this.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by ITbomb(m): 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
This is what happens when you have an all powerful center that gives development only to the side that lick its asz

2019 is still months away, a lot would change before then

Atiku

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by George2016(m): 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
Am coming
Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by WebSurfer(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by temitemi1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
this cant be true because no reasonable person will support buhari second coming.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by Kelvin3028(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
Gov Mimiko also assured Jonathan of reelection in Ondo state but he only delivered 30% of votes... beware of fake promises...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by Thisis2raw(m): 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2017
Me am not understanding oo
Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by scachy(m): 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2017
Tissue paper politician, give him overwhelming support with your mouth but know that the people of Ebonyi State ll vote their choice in 2019. Or force them to vote for Buhari at gunpoint. Political hypocrite

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by laidian(m): 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2017
sharp IBO man...look for ****** when he knows the truth.
Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by Odkosh: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
Kelvin3028:
Gov Mimiko also assured Jonathan of reelection in Ondo state but he only delivered 30% of votes... beware of fake promises...
u too dey jump. Why u go write wetin dey my mind. grin

1 Like

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by ogundeleai(m): 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2017
Truth is bitter

1 Like

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by Goahead(m): 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2017
Comic relief cheesy
Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by morbeta(m): 2:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
Umahi's body is in pdp but is soul is with Apc. Remember the spiritual controls the physical. Soon wedding bell of defection will ring and ebony will become Apc's eastern beautiful brided state. Enugu state loading.........

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by Enice(m): 3:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
spartan50:
Rubbish!
you are here again!

1 Like

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by mccoy47(m): 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2017
Shameless politicians
Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by UchaNwababa: 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
Sorry my governor, it is possible for Abubakaar Shekau to become a Christain than for Buhari to win Ebonyi State, He can win Umahi family and not Ebonyians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by shammah1(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
If true then I'll assure the sold out governor that he'll not even win his local government talk more of winning the state election again if he dares try to switch. Foolish polithieftians. They don't care about us a bit

1 Like

Re: Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election by AkinPhysicist: 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
grin many ipob yoots will not sleep 2nite grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo PDP Chieftains Fight Over Atiku’s Visit / Borno Residents Berate Atiku Abubakar Over Claims Of Election Fraud / Atiku Will Win Without G-5 Governors - Campaign Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.