Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” (21268 Views)

INEC Tenders Tinubu's Biodata Form, BVAS Report For 36 States, FCT / INEC BVAS Will Affect Our Tribunal Case. We Have 10 Days Left. Obi Lawyers / Some Of The Errors Of The INEC’s BVAS Machines, And The Suggested Remedies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 4:13am On Feb 01, 2023
Dear NIGERIANS..

We Should Not just brush-off all these issues about the INEC’s “BVAS-Report” so quickly.

(The irregularities in the recent Osun Tribunal Judgement are just too glaring for us to just quickly ignore them).

INEC is keeping so quiet about these irregularities, and their silence is no more healthy for us any longer.

Granted that the Electoral Act 2022 gave them the powers to use any technological innovations for the sake of elections (which we have no problems with), it does not mean that INEC can come anytime in the middle of the game to introduce “Anything” they like, without prior sensitisation and “Public Notice”, and hope it would be accepted by us.

INEC released the Guidelines for the elections, and made it very clear that Polling-units results would be transmitted directly to the “Collation Support and Result Verification System (CSRVS)” -- (which, in normal terms, is supposed to mean the “Elections Results-Collation Server”), and from this central CSRVS-Server, all the other Collation Centers (both at the Ward levels, LGA levels, {and State levels -- in the case of Presidential Elections}) MUST CONFIRM their collated results before transferring to the next higher Collation Center.

This directly implies that the information about the whole Polling-units which is contained inside the CSRVS-Server must have been completed before the announcement of the Final Results by the INEC.

Thus, any person that requests to have the “BVAS-Report” is actually most-definitely requesting for the CSRVS-Report, and that is, “the electronically transmitted and collated results” which INEC supposedly used to cross-check and confirm the collated election-results as the election was going on..
And this CSRVS-Report is supposed to be very much available immediately the Official Results are declared, because it means that the results that were Officially Declared are also supposed to fall in line with the CSRVS-Report too.

So now, there are lots of questions that are begging for answers..

1. What exactly is INEC supposed to mean by the term “BVAS-Report”, and why didn't they produce the “CSRVS-Report” instead.??

2. Even if the so-called BVAS-Report is different from the expected CSRVS-Report, then, why was it that the CSRVS-Server got all its data completely transmitted from the BVAS-Machines before the results were declared, yet the same BVAS-Machines couldn't also immediately transmit the accreditation details that were contained inside them to the so-called “Back-end BVAS-Server”??
In other words, why did the so-called “SYNCHRONISATION of BVAS Data” in the recent Osun Election take INEC 40 days to complete, whereas the e-transmission and e-collation of results took them less than 24-hours to complete.??

3. Why then did the INEC not produce the CSRVS-Report together with the so-called “Synchronised BVAS-Report” when they were trying to defend themselves with regards to the earlier incomplete “BVAS-Report” which they released to the APC.??
(Or are they trying to claim that the CSRVS-Report is such a useless document, and would not have done well in defending their claims.?)

INEC SHOULD STOP HIDING IN SILENCE, AND COME OUT AND EXPLAIN ALL THESE FOR US..

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by seunmsg(m): 4:24am On Feb 01, 2023
Good points.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 4:27am On Feb 01, 2023
INEC shouldn't be playing with our intelligence this time around ooo..

4. If the CSRVS-Server didn't have all the results from the various Polling-units completely transmitted to it before the Results were declared, then they should let us know on time, let us know how we are judging them.

5. If the information that was contained inside the CSRVS-Server (that is, the final CSRVS-Figures after the results-transmission from the various BVAS-Machines were naturally completed) was totally different from the election results which they officially declared, then, they should also let us know about it.

We are tired of being kept in the dark.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 4:40am On Feb 01, 2023
seunmsg:
Good points.
Thanks so much..

It just dey pain me so much, that Nigerians are not just asking the right questions at the right time.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 5:28am On Feb 01, 2023

I am NOT Emotionally attached to my race, tribe, religion, ideas, political inclinations, or ideologies.

My thoughts EVOLVE as new information becomes available to me.
I am intellectually attached to FACTS, and not to sentiments.

The things I said in the past were based on the amount of information and enlightenment I had as at then.

(Copied from CHARLES AWUZIE)

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 5:46am On Feb 01, 2023
Lalasticlala, Seun, Nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by SmartPolician: 6:18am On Feb 01, 2023
If I say that I am not troubled that Festus Okoye, national commissioner for information of the INEC, is not clarifying what transpired in Osun State, I am deceiving myself.

That's because I have repeatedly asked myself the same question. This is the first election conducted with the almighty BVAS being contested in court and all this drama is unfolding.

That said, I am impressed with how much you know about what INEC is doing. Truth be told, we need someone who understands the technical details of that technology to satisfactorily respond to the salient points you raised.

Yes, INEC say they are too overwhelmed to punish offenders in election, but they must have in-house policy that metes out stiff penalties to their main and ad-hoc staffers, considering that the destinies of over 200 million depend on these people.

I cannot believe that we should be talking of over-voting at this time, given that BVAS is being used for accreditation, not human beings issuing incident forms!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Naajjii: 7:01am On Feb 01, 2023
Are we not in Nigeria, all of you shouting BVAS this and that believing in Bvas more than God will be shocked. Yes Bvas will help a lot but it won't solve all the problems. The politicians will find a way around it.

7 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Sammy07: 7:08am On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Thanks so much..

It just dey pain me so much, that Nigerians are not just asking the right questions at the right time.

They won't, but will keep on saying.

BVAS will do the Magic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 7:15am On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Dear NIGERIANS..

We Should Not just brush-off all these issues about the INEC’s “BVAS-Report” so quickly.

(The irregularities in the recent Osun Tribunal Judgement are just too glaring for us to just quickly ignore them).

INEC is keeping so quiet about these irregularities, and their silence is no more healthy for us any longer.

Granted that the Electoral Act 2022 gave them the powers to use any technological innovations for the sake of elections (which we have no problems with), it does not mean that INEC can come anytime in the middle of the game to introduce “Anything” they like, without prior sensitisation and “Public Notice”, and hope it would be accepted by us.

INEC released the Guidelines for the elections, and made it very clear that Polling-units results would be transmitted directly to the “Collation Support and Result Verification System (CSRVS)” -- (which, in normal terms, is supposed to mean the “Elections Results-Collation Server”), and from this central CSRVS-Server, all the other Collation Centers (both at the Ward levels, LGA levels, {and State levels -- in the case of Presidential Elections}) MUST CONFIRM their collated results before transferring to the next higher Collation Center.

This directly implies that the information about the whole Polling-units which is contained inside the CSRVS-Server must have been completed before the announcement of the Final Results by the INEC.

Thus, any person that requests to have the “BVAS-Report” is actually most-definitely requesting for the CSRVS-Report, and that is, “the electronically transmitted and collated results” which INEC supposedly used to cross-check and confirm the collated election-results as the election was going on..
And this CSRVS-Report is supposed to be very much available immediately the Official Results are declared, because it means that the results that were Officially Declared are also supposed to fall in line with the CSRVS-Report too.

So now, there are lots of questions that are begging for answers..

1. What exactly is INEC supposed to mean by the term “BVAS-Report”, and why didn't they produce the “CSRVS-Report” instead.??

2. Even if the so-called BVAS-Report is different from the expected CSRVS-Report, then, why was it that the CSRVS-Server got all its data completely transmitted from the BVAS-Machines before the results were declared, yet the same BVAS-Machines couldn't also immediately transmit the accreditation details that were contained inside them to the so-called “Back-end BVAS Server”??
In other words, why did the so-called “SYNCHRONISATION of BVAS Data” in the recent Osun Election take INEC 40 days to complete, whereas the e-transmission and e-collation of results took them less than 24-hours to complete.??

3. Why then did the INEC not produce the CSRVS-Report together with the so-called “Synchronised BVAS-Report” when they were trying to defend themselves with regards to the earlier incomplete “BVAS-Report” which they released to the APC.??
(Or are they trying to claim that the CSRVS-Report is such a useless document, and would not have done well in defending their claims.?)

INEC SHOULD STOP HIDING IN SILENCE, AND COME OUT AND EXPLAIN ALL THESE FOR US..

Voters accreditation is bigger than the results. The result is only a picture captured after votes have been sorted, counted verified at the polling units, recorded and signed by the party agents. This is just a small file. But the accreditation take place on the BVAS itself. It needs to be synchronized to get all the details.

You need to read all the electoral process. There is nothing wrong with the INEC or the BVAS.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by inoki247: 7:19am On Feb 01, 2023
I tell people nothing is changing in this 2023 dem say mak I shut up that BVaS is here for the rescue....

The same BVAs is now confusing us oh Feb no too far all u dreamers will wake up no go concentrate on ur life u wey wan japa face am u wey wan develop ur life in Nigeria face am no miracle will happen this 2023….

Politicians wey use the 3 election or so wey dem conduct lately to check the BVAS loopholes u dey dere dey play,...

9 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 7:23am On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

Voters accreditation is bigger than the results. The result is only a picture captured after votes have been sorted, counted verified at the polling units, recorded and signed by the party agents. This is just a small file. But the accreditation take place on the BVAS itself. It needs to be synchronized to get all the details.

You need to read all the electoral process. There is nothing wrong with the INEC or the BVAS.

So,, why did the Synchronisation of the Osun details take 40 days?
And by extension, how long would the Synchronisation of the Presidential Election Details take.??

**Meanwhile...
Once Election is still ongoing, the results cannot be recorded in the BVAS and transmitted.
Therefore, the Election must end before the transmission can progress.
So, why wouldn't the BVAS Automatically Start the transmission of the BVAS Details immediately the PO opened the page for the recording of results and transmission.??

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by inoki247: 7:25am On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

So,, why did the Synchronisation of the Osun details take 40 days?
And by extension, how long would the Synchronisation of the Presidential Election Details take.??

maybe 3years plus 40days each for every state 😏😏😏

12 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by sangresan(m): 7:40am On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

You're confused.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by SmartPolician: 7:44am On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

It's safe to say that you didn't understand the points the OP raised. cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by JAMO84: 7:55am On Feb 01, 2023
The only reason why INEC declared Adeleke was because, they wanted to avoid inconclusive, otherwise, they would have cancelled some polling units due to over voting and declare re run, Adeleke would still have won.

11 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by SmartPolician: 7:56am On Feb 01, 2023
inoki247:
I tell people nothing is changing in this 2023 dem say mak I shut up that BVaS is here for the rescue....

The same BVAs is now confusing us oh Feb no too far all u dreamers will wake up no go concentrate on ur life u wey wan japa face am u wey wan develop ur life in Nigeria face am no miracle will happen this 2023….

Politicians wey use the 3 election or so wey dem conduct lately to check the BVAS loopholes u dey dere dey play,...

That we show interest in what happens in our country doesn't mean we don't live our normal lives. People show interest in what matters to them.

But then, there are basic things our country ought to do for us to save the people who carry the green passport some shame and embarrassment. Those changes cannot take effect if the evil people who run this country now know that the good ones don't care or have given up on the country.

As for BVAS, I think this February election is just 50/50. Then again, I don't think any over-voting can take place if INEC officials are not compromised. So, INEC must start purging itself of bad eggs by handing down not less than 10 years imprisonment to its permanent and ad-hoc staffers whose polling booths were used to rig elections.

This is a good place to start. If we don't go after these bad eggs, they will always think it's business as usual, including corps members whose polling booths were compromised. I always say that wrongdoings must have consequences in this part of the world!

In conclusion, I think that INEC shouldn't be under pressure to declare results. They need to do their homework and get all their reports right before declaring the result, even if it's going to take one week. BVAS technology will get better with time.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Afamed: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

Is there anything like synchronized BVAs in the new electoral law?

The synchronized BVAs results were gotten after 40 days of the election.
Where did INEC now get the results they announced Adeleke as the winner of the election on the second day after the election from?

Most of una are just clever by half

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Afamed: 8:03am On Feb 01, 2023
JAMO84:
The only reason why INEC declared Adeleke was because, they wanted to avoid inconclusive, otherwise, they would have cancelled some polling units due to over voting and declare re run, Adeleke would still have won.

Read the new electoral law. Where there is over voting , the law says , the units should be canceled and winner announced .

How do you deter elections riggers , when you still allow them to do re run in polling units where they have earlier commit crime of over voting?

That is what the judges have done

9 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by pedel: 8:06am On Feb 01, 2023
You are commenting on a topic that is way beyond your knowledge.
If I were you I would just read comments and maybe learn something along the way.

rolams:

7 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by SmartPolician: 8:10am On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

Is there anything like synchronized BVAs in the new electoral law?

The synchronized BVAs results were gotten after 40 days of the election.
Where did INEC now get the results they announced Adeleke as the winner of the election on the second day after the election from?

Most of una are just clever by half

BVAS is not used for voting; it's only used for accreditation. There's a difference, sir. grin

Yes, INEC can declare results without BVAS reports. What BVAS report does is to confirm that the number of people who voted is EQUAL to number of people it cleared to vote.

Where there's an overage, it's called over-voting, and Section 51 of the 2022 Electoral Law says that fresh election should be conducted there.

Instead, those two yeye judges who sat over Osun State guber tribunal (excluding one whose dissenting verdict didn't even show he understood that section of the law) declared Oyetola the winner. They deserve to be tied to a big tree in a marketplace and flogged 50 lashes of koboko each cheesy

I hope this helps....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by JAMO84: 8:16am On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

Read the new electoral law. Where there is over voting , the law says , the units should be canceled and winner announced .

How do you deter elections riggers , when you still allow them to do re run in polling units where they have earlier commit crime of over voting?

That is what the judges have done
Really? So there's nothing like inconclusive anymore?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Afamed: 8:34am On Feb 01, 2023
SmartPolician:

BVAS is not used for voting; it's only used for accreditation. There's a difference, sir. grin

Yes, INEC can declare results without BVAS reports. What BVAS report does is to confirm that the number of people who voted is EQUAL to number of people it cleared to vote.

Where there's an overage, it's called over-voting, and Section 51 of the 2022 Electoral Law says that fresh election should be conducted there.

Instead, those two yeye judges who sat over Osun State guber tribunal (excluding one whose dissenting verdict didn't even show he understood that section of the law) declared Oyetola the winner. They deserve to be tied to a big tree in a marketplace and flogged 50 lashes of koboko each cheesy

I hope this helps....

This is one of the problems I am having with people like you, who come online with confidence and say rubbish.

You are so confident with this rubbish you posted when the new electoral law is clear enough
Are you going to tell me what BVAs is used for? In the new electoral law, can you vote without Bvas?

All these LP lite and PDP mole quoting law that they do not understand.

The electoral law is written in simple language. It did not say, election should be re run, it said in a clear language, that the presiding officer shall cancel the polling unit,

under the Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2) says over-voting occurs “where the number of votes cast at an election in any polling unit exceeds the number of accredited voters in that polling unit, the presiding officer shall cancel the result of the election in that polling unit.”

Next time do not put your mouth in matter that is beyond your knowledge and understanding

21 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 8:36am On Feb 01, 2023
JAMO84:
I would have preferred that.
At least,, that was what the BVAS was supposed to do.
And that would have caused a better rerun that had no polling-units with over-voting

1 Like

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Afamed: 8:40am On Feb 01, 2023
SmartPolician:

I hope this helps....

Before you sound stupid next time , read Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2)
so that you dont promote your ignorance on social media

You can consult your lawyer, if you have one
And you were so confident telling me rubbish in your post above

14 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by anomaly20: 8:43am On Feb 01, 2023
SmartPolician:

I hope this helps....

Saying something that is not correct with confidence 😂.
Section 51 subsection 4 states that after a result was cancelled, and it does not affect the outcome of the election a return can be made .

9 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Northernblood8(m): 8:49am On Feb 01, 2023
sangresan:

You're confused.

No, rolams is not confused but you are the one that is.

I have used that BVAS and I know how it works. You are not supposed to vote if either of the following fails.

Authentication using Thumbprint or Surname or last 6 digits of your card number

AND

Verification by facial recognition.

If either or both fails, you are not supposed to vote. If you vote, the result from that polling unit will be cancelled as number of Accredited voters will become less than total votes.

It is very important that people are educated properly before the election day so that you won't end up destroying the chances of your preferred presidential candidate.

Sterope:
Are you staying that BVAS can't disregard the non accredited votes? How are they able to vote with a failed facial and thumbprint authentication?

They will be sent back, The instruction is blank. It will never count until a voter passes these two. I refused more than 20 people from voting because of this. You need to educate the voters very well.

benedictuyi:

Regarding this BVAS, I have a question.

For example, let's say party A has strong hold in a particular polling unit. In order to nullify the result from that unit, won't it be easy for party B to send unregistered agents to cause over voting?

Well during my time, I was the PO (Presiding Officer) My APO 3 was the one directing crowd and if he didn't allow you, you wont be able to move over to APO 2 that is with the BVAS for Authentication. One person at a time and who ever that APO 2 Clears will then step forward to the PO to take a signed Ballot to cast vote.

If a PO is Corrupt and not educated on the implication of not authenticating voters, he will end of destroying his units result and ought to be punished if he didn't write a convincing report on reason for the overvoting (Threat to life) .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Afamed: 8:51am On Feb 01, 2023
anomaly20:

Saying something that is not correct with confidence 😂.
Section 51 subsection 4 states that after a result was cancelled, and it does not affect the outcome of the election a return can be made .

My brother, that is the problem I am having with children of these days. Just look at the way he was sounding confidence with the false information he ditched, If not one is vast in knowledge and information, one would have swallowed the false information

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Ventura1: 8:53am On Feb 01, 2023
Reasons sane minds are pushing for full e-voting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Afamed: 8:54am On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
I would have preferred that.
At least,, that was what the BVAS was supposed to do.
And that would have caused a better rerun that had no polling-units with over-voting

Go and read what inconclusive means first.

1 Like

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Afamed: 8:59am On Feb 01, 2023
Ventura1:
Reasons same minds are pushing for full e-voting

We will get there.

Even Almighty US , they do not have full e- voting

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo Governorship Dispute: INEC Tenders Obaseki’s Nomination Form As Evidence / Bandits Convert Classrooms To Hideout In Zamfara / Sallah Homage To President Goodluck Jonathan{pictures}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.