Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,082 members, 7,849,392 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense (5315 Views)

10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy / 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense / A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by johnydon22(m): 7:44am On Jan 10, 2017
MrMontella:

the baba wan vanish like dat oo..

Johnydon22 sire...are you now married grin grin grin??
4kings:

Oga, you are very rare this days ooo, not even Science and Technology section.
Happy new year!

Lol i rarely have time to argue these days, money got my time now.

And the religious board has degraded to a level too low in terms of intellectual discussions..

Take a look up there, sassy remarks and silly memes are not arguments - i no get that energy again.

But i am still there, if you guys need me anytime just mention me (not the usual group mention thingy)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by raquel97: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2017
Special furnace for special candidate
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by hopefulLandlord: 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
raquel97:
Special furnace for special candidate

Interpretation: I have no sensible rebuttal to the OP so I'll comfort myself with images of him burning in hell forever for not sharing in my delusions

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by MrMontella(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
johnydon22:

Lol i rarely have time to argue these days, money got my time now.

And the religious board has degraded to a level too low in terms of intellectual discussions..

Take a look up there, sassy remarks and silly memes are not arguments - i no get that energy again.

But i am still there, if you guys need me anytime just mention me (not the usual group mention thingy)
okay sire!
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by ElectGINeer(m): 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Hehehe
Na self-diagnosis.
Did you read on christian atheism?
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by chibenn(m): 8:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
Are you trying to change the Christian belief?
if yes,
i put it to you ,you are the anti- Christ sir .
some of you said , ADAM did not eat the fruit from any tree , but the bible says
Adam ate the fruit.
John 1:1- 8 ,said ,Jesus is God and you say he was your fellow man,
now the death of Jesus Christ as a random to our own death in sin is now worthless you,

Mathew 23:13.
But woe unto you, the scribes and the Pharisees, hypocrite !
for your shut up the kingdom of heaven
against men : for you neither go in your selves , neither suffered ye them that are entering to go in ..
Now , what will you say about the ancient sacrifices of human blood ,
which Christianity abolished and the blood of Christ supersits all
What will you say about the slave trade that stop for Christianity sake
which I believe that by now many ox us would gave been sold to babalawo
but now , our faith and believe in Christ has make us free .

so pastor , I still believed what the Bible say about Jesus,
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Rankine(m): 2:05am On Jan 11, 2017
seems Christianity gives these atheists sleepless nights....no day passes by without a thread on Christianity or GOD....sometimes I wonder how something that doesn't exist will be what I will engage most of the hours of my day on.....I think each day the atheists always try hard to convince them
selves that GOD doesn't exist and hence having sleepless night over GOD
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by hopefulLandlord: 2:29am On Jan 11, 2017
Rankine:
seems [s]Christianity gives these atheists sleepless nights....no day passes by without a thread on Christianity or GOD....sometimes I wonder how something that doesn't exist will be what I will engage most of the hours of my day on.....I think each day the atheists always try hard to convince them
selves that GOD doesn't exist and hence having sleepless night over GOD
[/s]

address the OP
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by folly22(f): 2:51am On Jan 11, 2017
For the word of the cross seems foolish to those who are on the way to destruction, but to us who are on the way to salvation it is the power of God. 1 corinthians 1:18.

I pray you know the thruth and the truth set your feet towards the salvation he made available for us on the cross
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Ranchhoddas: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

Did you read on christian atheism?
Yes I did. It's not remotely close to what I believe.
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Yes I did. It's not remotely close to what I believe.
Damn. You're on a whole other level
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Ranchhoddas: 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
Na so I see am o.
Lennycool:
Damn. You're on a whole other level

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
If Jesus died for humanity, he should remain dead and not to wake up again.

And if his ultimate sacrifice is to save people from his father's hell, then he should be in hell burning forever while men should be free.

But a man dying for the sins of men only to wake up three days later and start cruising in heaven?

Then lastly, if jesus paying for our punishment was a day torture of beating and then dying on the cross.. Then humans should be given the same treatment, a sinner after death should be flogged and hung for a day after which he shall be set free to enjoy heaven not the everlasting torture in hell.

someone should tell uncle Yaweh dat he did not burn his son forever, why should he burn men forever

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 9:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
Wilgrea7:
@ OP.... your post is very long so i could not quote everything... so I'll just reply... let me start with the resurrection of Jesus.. it has been a controversy among many people... Christians inclusive.. please not that what i am about to say should be tagged as my personal opinion and should not be used to generalise the whole Christian view and i admit to not understanding it fully.. so i will explain to the best of my limited knowledge

ok

Christians point to the part in the bible that says “he was bruised for our iniquities"... he indeed was.. but he was not a kind of alter sacrifice as you may call it.. you will agree with me that its not every time you hear the word sacrifice that it has to do with someone burning something waiting for the aroma to get to God.. a sacrifice can be like a scenario where you risk your life to go into battle.. but when you come out victorious, the sacrifice was worth it.... so the question goes.... why did Jesus die??... everyone will say it was to pay for our sins... if he died to pay for our sins? then why did he wake up?
does it cancel the deal? no!

" For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life " (Romans 5:10).

we were reconciled to God by the death of Christ... we are saved by his resurrection... if you deserve to be shot and someone takes the bullet for you and he/she survives... does it mean he/she didn't take the bullet for you?.. the bible always refers to Jesus as the lamb that was slain for the sins of the world.. please note its the word "slain".. you find words like.. “killed"... these are verbs.. to represent something done to something... it was Jesus's death(verb) that was the payment for our Sins... not the noun.. payment for our sins isn't about him staying dead... its about the “death"... that's why you hear “he was bruised for our transgressions"... that's why you see that the death of Jesus was completely humiliating and painful.. with the crown of thorns.. the whips, spits, etc... its not about him being in a state of death that counts for our sins being payed.. its about actually dying and how the death is.. that's why lambs are "slain" not "poisoned".. its still the same death(state of death) the lamb arrives.. but its the significance of the "slain" that accounts for the sins.. that's why Jesus was not simply poisoned or just quickly stabbed to death.. the significance of the death that mattered.. that was the "death" for our sins...

i stepped in to take the bullet... i did take the bullet.. your punishment was being shot.. i
offered to take your punishment... i was shot... if i died and came back to life... it doesn't mean i didn't die at all.. the wages of sin is death(as in force) not death(as in state)... a state of death isn't the punishment for sin... it is the death itself.. the part of you dying.. losing your life... not the state you are in after you lose your life...

like i said... this is from my own understanding and should not be generalised to Christians as a whole.. this is the best i could give from my limited knowledge on the subject as i myself do not claim to understand it 100%

cc: hahn .. Ranchhoddas

Then sinners dat die should be given the same treatment and not everlasting torture.

Uncle Yaweh didn't burn his son, did he?

But why must the almighty have his son slain in the first place to ease his anger? does he not have other intelligent ways to solve the world problems other than bloodshed and torture?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by jonbellion(m): 9:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
realmindz:
If Jesus died for humanity, he should remain dead and not to wake up again.

And if his ultimate sacrifice is to save people from his father's hell, then he should be in hell burning forever while men should be free.

But a man dying for the sins of men only to wake up three days later and start cruising in heaven?

Then lastly, if jesus paying for our punishment was a day torture of beating and then dying on the cross.. Then humans should be given the same treatment, a sinner after death should be flogged and hung for a day after which he shall be set free to enjoy heaven not the everlasting torture in hell.

someone should tell uncle Yaweh dat he did not burn his son forever, why should he burn men forever
lol
Yahweh has no common sense na

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by hahn(m): 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
realmindz:

Then sinners dat die should be given the same treatment and not everlasting torture.

Uncle Yaweh didn't burn his son, did he?

But why must the almighty have his son slain in the first place to ease his anger? does he not have other intelligent ways to solve the world problems other than bloodshed and torture?

You forget Jehovah loves the smell of suya

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 9:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
hahn:

You forget Jehovah loves the smell of suya
lol, that guy is a psychophat...
Imagine someone that sniffs roasted meat to appease his anger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Wilgrea7(m): 8:05am On Jan 14, 2017
realmindz:

this everlasting torture you're talking about... not every Christian believes in it.. even going by biblical books, i wouldn't still believe in it... so let's leave the afterlife till when we get there... cuz the afterlife is still a mystery.. all i know is that God's judgement is just and all men will either be rewarded or punished according to their deeds.. God is just

Uncle Yahweh didn't burn his son, did he?

no he did not

he didn't kill Jesus to ease his anger.. Jesus was a sacrifice.. he usually told his disciples that he is laying down his life at his own accord.. he made the decision to lay down his life before coming to earth... the masoretic texts show God as angry at the time of crucifixion.. but the Septuagint shows a rather loving God in sorrow at that time.

thats why john 3;16 said “for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son..." and not “for God was so pissed with the world that he killed his son to ease his rage"... the former is true.. the latter is a lie
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 8:40am On Jan 14, 2017
Wilgrea7:

this everlasting torture you're talking about... not every Christian believes in it.. even going by biblical books, i wouldn't still believe in it... so let's leave the afterlife till when we get there... cuz the afterlife is still a mystery.. all i know is that God's judgement is just and all men will either be rewarded or punished according to their deeds.. God is just

no he did not

he didn't kill Jesus to ease his anger.. Jesus was a sacrifice.. he usually told his disciples that he is laying down his life at his own accord.. he made the decision to lay down his life before coming to earth... the masoretic texts show God as angry at the time of crucifixion.. but the Septuagint shows a rather loving God in sorrow at that time.

thats why john 3;16 said “for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son..." and not “for God was so pissed with the world that he killed his son to ease his rage"... the former is true.. the latter is a lie

So what do u think is the punishment for those who do not believe Jesus?

And why must someone even be punished in the first place for not believing something? that's weird.

also, with all the supposed wisdom of Yaweh, the best method to save the world is to offer his son has sacrifice through torture and death....
And the method is not even working because majority of the world won't meet that condition.

And Yaweh couldn't predict the confusions, religious wars, hatred, divisions and several contradicting doctrines all these will cause in future. Yahweh is not that wise after all
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Wilgrea7(m): 8:59am On Jan 14, 2017
realmindz:

So what do u think is the punishment for those who do not believe Jesus?

And why must someone even be punished in the first place for not believing something? that's weird.

i already told you... i don't have full details.. all i know is that the reward or punishment will be just

also, with all the supposed wisdom of Yaweh, the best method to save the world is to offer his son has sacrifice through torture and death....
And the method is not even working because majority of the world won't meet that condition.

i don't understand this point.. please expatiate

And Yaweh couldn't predict the confusions, religious wars, hatred, divisions and several contradicting doctrines all these will cause in future. Yahweh is not that wise after all

we humans have a way of complicating things.. that's what caused the above.. did God tell them to start forming doctrines and starting wars? people do this to claim monopoly of truth and way.. or to conquer and rule.. obviously ignoring when Jesus preached against things like this
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 10:06am On Jan 14, 2017
Wilgrea7:

i already told you... i don't have full details.. all i know is that the reward or punishment will be just

i don't understand this point.. please expatiate

we humans have a way of complicating things.. that's what caused the above.. did God tell them to start forming doctrines and starting wars? people do this to claim monopoly of truth and way.. or to conquer and rule.. obviously ignoring when Jesus preached against things like this

So Yaweh in his infinite wisdom could not come up with better options that won't result in contradicting doctrines and wars.. The all wise Yaweh should ve predicted all these.

And I asked why must someone be tortured and killed for humanity to be saved, and it's obvious that majority of the world won't even be saved.
So Jesus dying is useless.

Lastly, why must someone be punished for not believing something?
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Rilwayne001: 10:08am On Jan 14, 2017
realmindz:
If

You seem scared. I thought hell doesn't exist, why are you scared of something that doesn't exist? I
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by hahn(m): 10:24am On Jan 14, 2017
Rilwayne001:

You seem scared. I thought hell doesn't exist, why are you scared of something that doesn't exist? I

It would seem he is scared because you are reading it from your own perspective of fear of hell

The fact that you fear hell does not mean others who talk about how absurd the idea is share the same feelings
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by Rilwayne001: 10:50am On Jan 14, 2017
hahn:

It would seem he is scared because you are reading it from your own perspective of fear of hell

Wrong. From whatever perspective that one may be reading it from, obviously, he believes there's hell.

The fact that you fear hell does not mean others who talk about how absurd the idea is share the same feelings

I'm not scared of hell.

And he wasn't talking or viewing the idea of hell as absurd, rather he believes the judgement of God from the biblical perspective as absurd.

I'm most saying he believes in hell or something or doesn't really find the idea as ridiculous, all I'm saying is that, in that particular post of his; he was faulting the idea of Jesus dying for our sins and not really about hell.
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by hahn(m): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Wrong. From whatever perspective that one may be reading it from, obviously, he believes there's hell.

I'm not scared of hell.

And he wasn't talking or viewing the idea of hell as absurd, rather he believes the judgement of God from the biblical perspective as absurd.

I'm most saying he believes in hell or something or doesn't really find the idea as ridiculous, all I'm saying is that, in that particular post of his; he was faulting the idea of Jesus dying for our sins and not really about hell.

Let's ask him

Realmindz, do you believe in hell?
Re: 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense by realmindz: 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
hahn:

Let's ask him

Realmindz, do you believe in hell?

lol, do u believe I have a magic wand that can turn you to a goat if you dont follow my orders...?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Athiesm The "No God" Religion / Explaining The Animosity Between Atheists And Theists / The Garden Of Eden Is In This EXACT Location. Secrets Declassified.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.