Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Just This Morning - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Just This Morning (1096 Views)

God Saved Me From Thunder This Morning / See What A Facebook User Saw In Her House This Morning (pics) / What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just This Morning by Davidflight: 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
BETWEEN POPOOLA AND HIS FATHER

I leave in a "face-me-I-face-you" house where everything goes. You could wake up looking for your slippers you left at your doorstep or your pant you forgot to take inside last night. Pieces of meat and fish missing in pots of soup still on fire was a daily single story; you would understand why my younger brother was always assigned to keep watch whenever we were cooking. But aside the insecurity, nothing could be heart aching than the deafening sound of condemned and smoke pumping small generators some neighbours would stubbornly struggle to kick on at that time sleep seems to have penetrated your skull. More so, the interesting fight between mama Okoro and her husband, and the abusive nagging mama Idowu wakes her children with early in the morning confront a decent mind with the option of stealing in order to rent a self-contained apartment and pack out the next hour.
Just this morning, Mama Popoola was on it again. I had barely ended my morning devotion when her voice started paying homage to the still gently resurrecting early morning of 6. The harshness and thunder in her voice would make even the lunatic maintain decorum. I hope God would understand why my prayers were discontinued. By the time I went out, the whole neighbours had already assembled. Popoola was in the pool of blood. Last term it was his elder sister and today, the first day of the second term, when other children were preparing to resume school, the poor boy would fall victim of his father's callousness and transferred aggression. To help out, we, the concerned neighbours needed to calm his mother and get the real gist especially to aid the trade of certified gossipers in the house.
Well, Popoola, a 15year old, SS2 student of Government Secondary School, Idiapo, woke up with his siblings this morning feeling excited and very eager to resume school. He had helped his two younger brothers with bathing as his elder sister bathed the other three. Aside unveiling him as the class captain today for his outstanding performance in school in the previous term, Popoola was to receive his class materials so he needed to resume early. In the heat of this exuberance, he approached his father to remind him, of course, very politely as his nature was, of the books he promised to purchase for him and his siblings. The rest was the story that created the scene we saw. His father made him his morning punching bag; at least he saved his father the stress and money of going to the gym. Popoola's mother who was in the kitchen watching over the fish-less soup and "eba" she was preparing at the time, couldn't hesitate to save her son. Popoola was already lying almost lifeless on the rough floor at her intervention and, you could now understand why her voice thundered.
The best we could do as neighbours was obvious. We rushed him to the hospital and the old hopeless father of his who was just good in producing children was assisted to offset the bills.
This is just one example of the unimaginable, numerous little things that deny children good education in Nigeria. With important issues as inability to purchase books and other education materials, Government is offering to feed students. Of course, we should be prepared to turn our schools into restaurants.
Re: Just This Morning by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 10, 2017
What a life

1 Like

Re: Just This Morning by Laird(m): 11:55am On Jan 10, 2017
DONT GIVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO PROPERLY TAKE CARE OF

DONT MARRY WITHOUT MONEY

CHILDREN ARE EXPENSIVE AND COST MONEY TO DELIVER AND MAINTAIN

I AM NOT MARRIED BECAUSE I AM A MAN AND I PERSONALLY CHOOSE TO BE VERY FINANCIALLY STABLE BEFORE MARRIAGE SO THAT MY CHILDREN CAN BE comfortable

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just This Morning by chriskosherbal(m): 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2017

1 Like

Re: Just This Morning by sexymoma(f): 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
to save pple from the stress!!
popoola asked his father for some unpaid bills buh cos popoola's father doesn't have he transferred his agression to popoola.
then popoola's father made popoola a punching bag.
all thanks to the neighbors that took popoola to the hospital
mind you...the op said popoola's father is only good at producing children...

1 Like

Re: Just This Morning by Davidflight: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lol...@sexymoma...atleast producing kids was only laudable
Re: Just This Morning by EfemenaXY: 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
This is such a nasty story.

@op, what did the poor boy's mother do after the incident i.e. her reaction?

What was done to the boy's dad? Was he arrested and / or held accountable for his actions??

1 Like

Re: Just This Morning by jashar(f): 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
Laird:
DONT GIVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO PROPERLY TAKE CARE OF

DONT MARRY WITHOUT MONEY

CHILDREN ARE EXPENSIVE AND COST MONEY TO DELIVER AND MAINTAIN

I AM NOT MARRIED BECAUSE I AM A MAN AND I PERSONALLY CHOOSE TO BE VERY FINANCIALLY STABLE BEFORE MARRIAGE SO THAT MY CHILDREN CAN BE comfortable

But esqueeze me seh,

'Comfort' is a relative term.

5 million Naira may be 'comfort' to one but 'broke' to another.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Just This Morning by Ezionye(f): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
I would have loved this funny writeup to be just fiction. However, it is unfortunate that this is the experience people have almost on a daily basis. A father had to transfer aggression to the poor boy who only wanted to go to school.

What a life to live

1 Like

Re: Just This Morning by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
All I see is Popoola. grin

1 Like

Re: Just This Morning by Laird(m): 9:16am On Jan 11, 2017
jashar:

But esqueeze me seh,

'Comfort' is a relative term.

5 million Naira may be 'comfort' to one but 'broke' to another.

smiley

You are right. Taste , Specification and standard differ;

That's why there is Geely, Nissan, Toyota, Audi, Benz, Rolls Royce and Ferrari

Different strokes for different folks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See How A Dead Man Punished Disloyal Son-in-law From The Grave / Drama As Bride To Be Refuses To Kiss Husband In Port-hacourt (video, Pic) / Man Builds A House For Widow In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.