Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,674 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore (54202 Views)

Universities That Pull Out Of Strike Will Regret Their Actions – ASUU / Categories Of People That Won't Pass Jamb This Year / Private Universities That Are Not Owned By Religious Institutions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by muller102(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
Law no de for CRUTECH abeg.
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Donkunxex(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
Abeg will it affect we that are presently studying there or it's just for the recent admission?
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by iluvdonjazzy: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
y
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by femi4: 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
shizzy7:
What's going to happen to those currently studying it In those unis?

With all the expensive school fees of bells uni, they are also affected. ...
They will either complete it or move them to other schools that could offer those courses. Never knew Bell is a University of Technology
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Longman6(m): 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
I dont know the person advising the Minister to take certain decisions, MIT and Imperial College London both have Business Schools,are they going outside their scope on engagement? No, Am waiting for the day we would have a minister that would initiate a policy that would make those who went to college of education serve in the NYSC program since what most corpers do is teaching.

It is this same administration backed with the morons in the senate that told universities not to conduct post Jamb, saying there was no need for it since jamb was already in place forgetting the fact that the American SAT idea they copied does allow universities to conduct post examination on students they want to admit which has more layers than the one we have in Nigeria..clueless leaders everywhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by remzor(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
NNVanguard:
I pity Esut
bros na me pity esut pass o. na dia i finish from o. studied accounting.
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by comos: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
Accounting is a technical course, they should be allowed to offer it.

but Law, no way
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by VictorRomanov: 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
Sorry for all those law students for UST. they'll be forming on-top-of-the-world. Now no more.
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by ONITIJU1: 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
WHAT ABOUT STUDENTS THAT ARE ALREADY TRAPPED IN THE COURSES?
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Arjeeni: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2017
Klamour:
This automatically means sack of the whole staff of their respective Faculty of Law and Department of Accounting. Creating further unemployment and gross loss of jobs.
I'm aware that the Council of Legal Education regulates universities that offer law courses, using certain criteria to ensure that they are qualified to offer law. If CLE had accredited such faculties based on manpower and facilities, it defeats the power of reason how they are now asked to relief their staff, especially, lecturers of their appointments because it contradicts their mandate. Methinks the best approach is to have their mandates (Acts or Laws) establishing them amended to reflect the current realities, by eliminating Science and Technology in their respective names. Imagine having only UNN (UNEC) offer Law in the whole of Enugu State. Thats worrisome.

Why now let us be rational for once
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by cee001(m): 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
ONITIJU1:
WHAT ABOUT STUDENTS THAT ARE ALREADY TRAPPED IN THE COURSES?
to ur 'tents'
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by fineyemi(m): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
See full gist here:http://www.guru9ja.com/2017/01/nigerian-universities-that-wont-offer.html

Also See List of Illegal universities: http://www.guru9ja.com/2016/12/nuc-list-of-illegal-universities-in.html
Also Read: JAMB Aspirants Should Avoid Choosing Schools That Have Run Programmes That Are Not Within Their Mandate - FG
http://www.guru9ja.com/2017/01/jamb-aspirants-should-avoid-choosing.html
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2017
RSUST will not find this news funny
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by smoby(m): 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
Futo don't offer law or accounting oooo...... Mr op.
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Divay22(f): 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hmmm...
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by ONITIJU1: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
cee001:
to ur 'tents'
THE ONE U BUILT ABI?
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Mpotomisticai(m): 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
FUTO no dey offer law and accounting na... Abeg make una commot futo name from that list abeg.
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
Mrnoniz:

@Op

not only Accounting... " Law and Management Courses"

such as Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business
Administration, among others...

good idea tho....

some hv changed the nomenclature of some of their courses to read Banking Engineering, Accounting Technology and so on...

grin

bro most of the time you only find accounting law and other management field in most advertised job vacancies. you hardly find vacancies for those in science. the other day one science graduate was told away from a printing press that he has no business there, that he is supposed to be teaching in primary school.
at this rate accountants and HR personnel will soon be performing surgery in naija medical centres.
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by ademijuwonlo(f): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
i don't know of FUTA but LAUTECH dey offer LAW before? How technologies school will be offering law sef
Lautech does not offer Law but Accounting technology.
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by waluga(m): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2017
see mumus dem,how come technology universities will be offering Law.....most of this listed schools are technology institutions,so no way they will give lectures or have law and bus. admin dept....i graduated from FUTA and never and will never dream that will happen.
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by waluga(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
Donkunxex:
Abeg will it affect we that are presently studying there or it's just for the recent admission?
this just shows yuh are not even studying in any of this mentioned institutions....
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Adelaide2: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
Dundee Nigeria. Business Admin could be agri business admin
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by MizJanet(f): 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
Funaab will no longer offer Management courses like Accounting ?

one of my friends is currently running her programme there. I hope this apply to the next admission scheme not those who are presently studying there .
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by holytribe(m): 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
i don't know of FUTA but LAUTECH dey offer LAW before? How technologies school will be offering law sef
LAUTECH dont offer LAW. But they offer Management and Accounting instead of the misinformed accounting technology
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by holytribe(m): 2:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
Adedolapo1406:

LAUTECH offers Accounting Technology

please stop the misinformation!
LAUTECH offers Management and Accounting in negation to Accounting technology that you stated. Am an Alumni of that Department in LAUTECH. #fact
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by dorofresh: 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Klamour:
This automatically means sack of the whole staff of their respective Faculty of Law and Department of Accounting. Creating further unemployment and gross loss of jobs.
I'm aware that the Council of Legal Education regulates universities that offer law courses, using certain criteria to ensure that they are qualified to offer law. If CLE had accredited such faculties based on manpower and facilities, it defeats the power of reason how they are now asked to relief their staff, especially, lecturers of their appointments because it contradicts their mandate. Methinks the best approach is to have their mandates (Acts or Laws) establishing them amended to reflect the current realities, by eliminating Science and Technology in their respective names. Imagine having only UNN (UNEC) offer Law in the whole of Enugu State. Thats worrisome.
You have a point there. I like the angle upon which you hinged your thoughts....
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Adedolapo1406(m): 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
holytribe:

please stop the misinformation!
LAUTECH offers Management and Accounting in negation to Accounting technology that you stated. Am an Alumni of that Department in LAUTECH. #fact
School of Science and Technology offering Management and Accounting.
I hear o!
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
proud uniben alumnus. rep osasogie
jazinogold:
smiley

uniben can never be on this list.....

If you know you are a UNIBEN graduate or students click LIKE others click share

I SELL BITCOIN AT AN AFFODABLE RATE!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Mogenerous(f): 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2017
Adedolapo1406:

LAUTECH offers Accounting Technology

Management and accounting not accounting technology that it used to be.

I don't know why this wasn't done 9years ago when my dad pushed me to goan study Accounting in lautech..
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Mogenerous(f): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
MizJanet:
Funaab will no longer offer Management courses like Accounting ?

one of my friends is currently running her programme there. I hope this apply to the next admission scheme not those who are presently studying there .

This should only apply to new intakes
Re: Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
Mrnoniz:

@Op

not only Accounting... " Law and Management Courses"

such as Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business
Administration, among others...

good idea tho....

some hv changed the nomenclature of some of their courses to read Banking Engineering, Accounting Technology and so on...

grin
Lolzzz, futo also offer financial management technology. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) / Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship / Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.