Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West (6736 Views)

PDP North West Mega Rally (Live Photos) / Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) / Laziness Responsible For North’s Opposition To Restructuring –atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 10, 2017
Adesina meets with Tambuwal to put finishing touches on agreements

The African Development Bank (AFDB) will partner with the Sokoto State Government in its plans to establish an agro-industrial park for the North West geo-political zone, its President, Dr. Akinwumi Adeshina, has said.

As a starting point to the realization of the overall objective of the project, cotton production would be given priority attention in order to resuscitate the ailing textile industries in the region.

Speaking when he visited Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, Adeshina said the bank was interested in partnering with Sokoto State in particular and the North West states in general because of the huge potentials in agriculture, solid minerals and energy.

He urged Tambuwal to mobilize governments of neighboring states to key into the idea of the agro-industrial zone, saying it will better serve the interest of the nation if the governments enter into partnership with AfDB as a collective.

A statement issued Tuesday in Sokoto by Tambuwal’s spokesman, Malam Imam Imam, quoted Adeshina as saying that the AfDB would also facilitate the state government’s efforts to engage with the private sector to mobilize resources for a number of projects in sectors like medical tourism, healthcare delivery, renewable energy, agriculture and especially harnessing the state’s potential in the manufacture of fertiliser.

“We hope to partner with the Sokoto government to develop drugs and other solutions to tackle the disturbing problem of malnutrition and stunting growth in children. This is critical because malnourished or stunted children would be mentally or intellectually challenged and cannot contribute to the building of a new African society,” Adesina added.

Adeshina urged Tambuwal to sensitize and mobilize Sokoto youths to key into the bank’s new initiative “Youth in Agriculture,” under which about 1,000 youths in each state of the federation would be supported to take to agriculture and make it a life-long endeavour.
The bank chief commended Tambuwal for his exemplary leadership and people-oriented approach to governance, which he said has endeared the Governor to people across the country and beyond.

“It is heartening that you have not departed from inclusive and consensus building approach which made your tenure as Speaker of the House of Representatives worthy of emulation by leaders and aspiring leaders,” he added.

In his remarks, Tambuwal commended Adeshina for his zeal and contributions to the development of Nigeria and Africa.

He assured the bank of the State Government’s commitment to the realization of the partnership, and revealed that the state government was ready to host AfDB’s delegation which will visit Sokoto later in the year to concretise the agreements reached.

http://politicsngr.com/african-devt-bank-fund-agro-industrial-park-north-west/

3 Likes

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by Decapo: 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
My 1st FTC in about 3 years...

The poster below me has something to say
Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
This will definitely lead to increase of food and agricultural produce in Nigeria. Kudos to the North East and the bank too. Thank God everybody I not like a particular set of people who are only known for fraud, wayo and jibiti

2 Likes

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by KingGBsky(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
this surely will boost agricultural activities in the north. Great deeds from Adesina the agro business man.

5 Likes

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by Pavore9: 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
A good development.

4 Likes

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by aminho(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
Very good operation feed the nation

4 Likes

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by chinoify: 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
Bleep givers, where at thou?
Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by repogirl(f): 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
Na only Northwest get farm? Mtcheww! Everything na North East or North West.
The North will keep taking but remain dry as ever tongue, lol.

Nobody should quote me o, cos I don't give even half of a f**k.

6 Likes

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by DropShot: 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
Nice one. What is the south looking at?

Governance is getting better in the North while South keeps retrogressing, except Lagos and perhaps Cross River.

4 Likes

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by DecemberIV: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
repogirl:

You are just ignorant and need exposure. No region has better public infrastructure than the North and this is a fact.

If you like don't ask your Governor to wake up instead of trying to bash the rapidly developing North.

8 Likes

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by wandeay: 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
The South should follow this example, we really need developments like this instead of endless promises
Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by repogirl(f): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
DecemberIV:

You are just ignorant and need exposure. No region has better public infrastructure than the North and this is a fact.

If you like don't ask your Governor to wake up instead of trying to bash the rapidly developing North.
since I am ignorant you are purposefully and foolishly naive. Where has all their public infrastructure taking them so far? Still the poorest region in the country.

Like I said earlier, 'THE NORTH WILL KEEP TAKING BUT WILL REMAIN DRY AS EVER'

If you like, good
If you don't like, Hang.

6 Likes

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
DropShot:

Governance is getting better in the North while South keeps retrogressing, except Lagos and perhaps Cross River.
Governance is only getting better in Anambra if u compare its revenue with Lagos
Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by Emu4life(m): 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
Gud.
Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by Sibrah: 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
DropShot:

keep running ur mouth. If Nigeria stops importing today, where does that leave Lagos and NCS ? Except Lagos keep attracting the Dangote refineries and keep up with the Lake rice trend to help shore up revenue no progress is made in the real sense.

1 Like

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by DropShot: 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
[s]
Sibrah:
keep running ur mouth. If Nigeria stops importing today, where does that leave Lagos and NCS ?
[/s]
Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by NaMeAboki: 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
repogirl:

But would no doubt give a full f**k, as per representing Mazi Kanu's 99.9%ters, shildren of hate.SMH. angry angry

@TOPIC:
Very commendable development, the north consolidating; while others look on in anger and hate.

1 Like

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by Phaytte(f): 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
was thinking op was talking about Kanye's kid
Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by Blue3k(m): 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
Speaking when he visited Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, Adeshina said the bank was interested in partnering with Sokoto State in particular and the North West states in general because of the huge potentials in agriculture, solid minerals and energy.

He urged Tambuwal to mobilize governments of neighboring states to key into the idea of the agro-industrial zone, saying it will better serve the interest of the nation if the governments enter into partnership with AfDB as a collective.

A statement issued Tuesday in Sokoto by Tambuwal’s spokesman, Malam Imam Imam, quoted Adeshina as saying that the AfDB would also facilitate the state government’s efforts to engage with the private sector to mobilize resources for a number of projects in sectors like medical tourism, healthcare delivery, renewable energy, agriculture and especially harnessing the state’s potential in the manufacture of fertiliser.

I'm very interested in this project. The do need to curve the rampant smuggling that holds back northern manufacturing. Anyway Interesting move. I'm glad in focused on private development. I'm am wondering how they came up with idea they have high potential in fertilizer manufacturing. I remember Natural gas being big part of the process.

repogirl:

If they are serious the will invest in irrigation tech. Btw you do care since your responded.

repogirl:
since I am ignorant you are purposefully and foolishly naive. Where has all their public infrastructure taking them so far? Still the poorest region in the country.

There's no question northern region is laggard region and if you look statisticly they don't have same standard of living. Anytime I bring stats they act like the don't know how to read again.

The pojet still good none and has other ambitious aims at mineral and energy and manufacturering. The power supply still weak and infastrure questionable. I will wait and see though.
Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by DecemberIV: 9:00am On Jan 11, 2017
repogirl:

If you like, good
If you don't like, Hang.

Though numbers might indicate that the North is statistically the poorest due to the sheer size of its population and inhibiting cultural practices of the masses, but it does not change the fact that the North boasts of the widest band of the wealthiest Nigerians, including the wealthiest black man on earth. It also doesn't change the fact that the North is the most powerful influential political bloc in this country which is an attribute of its political intelligence.

You claim the North is dry yet your brethren troop there daily in their thousands in their escape young shall grow/chisco buses to look for their daily bread.

You claim the North is dry but that's where the Kainji Dam that was the source of electricity for your fathers is located.

You claim the North is dry yet it is the source of most of the food you survive on from beef to tomatoes, onions, potatoes, grains, rice, beans etc.

I'm sure you can now see that I was not insulting you by telling you how helplessly ignorant, unintelligent and unexposed you are.

2 Likes

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by repogirl(f): 10:07am On Jan 11, 2017
DecemberIV:

Though numbers might indicate that the North is statistically the poorest due to the sheer size of its population and inhibiting cultural practices of the masses, but it does not change the fact that the North boasts of the widest band of the wealthiest Nigerians, including the wealthiest black man on earth. It also doesn't change the fact that the North is the most powerful influential political bloc in this country which is an attribute of its political intelligence.

You claim the North is dry yet your brethren troop there daily in their thousands in their escape young shall grow/chisco buses to look for their daily bread.

You claim the North is dry but that's where the Kainji Dam that was the source of electricity for your fathers is located.

You claim the North is dry yet it is the source of most of the food you survive on from beef to tomatoes, onions, potatoes, grains, rice, beans etc.

I'm sure you can now see that I was not insulting you by telling you how helplessly ignorant, unintelligent and unexposed you are.
lmao! You people keep dashing yourselves consolation prizes and feel good about it. Having a handful of wealthy men from your dry North doesn't suddenly make it prosperous. True wealth is when the citizens of a place live comfortably and not malnourished and dying like flies every day. This has nothig to do with population r size. Just proper care, management and ofcourse not being greedy. All your wealthy men who have raped this country's wealth dry cannot come together and help your malnourished brothers and their children?

Too bad.

Your wealthy masters will keep getting wealthier while your poor will keep dying. Exactly what I said before, your North will keep taking but remain dry as ever, it's not an insult either just fact from years past and that you are helplessly naive and quite purposefully foolish enough to think that it will ever change for good is really pitiful. Pathetic even.

Please you people can keep your food and feed it to your malnourished poor people who can't even afford it even though it is right there in front of them. This country is blessed with good land, even I plant and harvest tomatoes, pepper,okra, corn in my own backyard while my neighbours do beans, corn and potatoes respectively. Food is all over this country and yet your people still starve, grossly shameful.

As for power generation, you mentioned the few hydro electric dams in the north but conveniently forgot the numerous other fossil fueled power plants in the south south and south east which are in better shape than the hydro ones. If you doubt, use Wikipedia and then compare the power output between the hydro and the natural gas power plants.

Ofcourse the rest of us will keep trooping in enmasse to see what we can milk for ourselves since most of your poor malnourished brethren and their children have decided to beg alms Instead of work the work.

So, while your greedy elite who are never satisfied keep milking the nations resources dry as you and your brothers purposefully remain daft like brainless zombies cheering them on.....The rest of us will be truly developing our regions and making sure our children are well catered for.

Lastly, unlike what your small mind thinks, I have lived in the south west, south east and Abuja, I have lived long enough to know that hardly anything good comes from the North. Afterall all aren't your most famous exports your Bokoharam and Fulani herdsmen ambassadors? That's the best you people can do for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by DecemberIV: 10:52am On Jan 11, 2017
Further proof of your ignorance and lack of exposure grin

That you've never even been in the North and think your opinion is relevant exposes the shallow limits of your rationality.

repogirl:
[s]lmao! You people keep dashing yourselves consolation prizes and feel good about it. Having a handful of wealthy men from your dry North doesn't suddenly make it prosperous. True wealth is when the citizens of a place live comfortably and not malnourished and dying like flies every day. This has nothig to do with population r size. Just proper care, management and ofcourse not being greedy. All your wealthy men who have raped this country's wealth dry cannot come together and help your malnourished brothers and their children?

Too bad.

Your wealthy masters will keep getting wealthier while your poor will keep dying. Exactly what I said before, your North will keep taking but remain dry as ever, it's not an insult either just fact from years past and that you are helplessly naive and quite purposefully foolish enough to think that it will ever change for good is really pitiful. Pathetic even.

Please you people can keep your food and feed it to your malnourished poor people who can't even afford it even though it is right there in front of them. This country is blessed with good land, even I plant and harvest tomatoes, pepper,okra, corn in my own backyard while my neighbours do beans, corn and potatoes respectively. Food is all over this country and yet your people still starve, grossly shameful.

As for power generation, you mentioned the few hydro electric dams in the north but conveniently forgot the numerous other fossil fueled power plants in the south south and south east which are in better shape than the hydro ones. Your shiroro/kainji dam doesn't go past Abuja. If you doubt, use Wikipedia and then compare the power output between the hydro and the natural gas power plants.

Ofcourse the rest of us will keep trooping in enmasse to see what we can milk for ourselves since most of your poor malnourished brethren and their children have decided to beg alms Instead of work the work.

So, while your greedy elite who are never satisfied keep milking the nations resources dry as you and your brothers purposefully remain daft like brainless zombies cheering them on.....The rest of us will be truly developing our regions and making sure our children are well catered for.

Lastly, unlike what your small mind thinks, I have lived in the south west, south east and Abuja, I have lived long enough to know that hardly anything good comes from the North. Afterall all aren't your most famous exports your Bokoharam and Fulani herdsmen ambassadors? That's the best you people can do for Nigeria.[/s]

1 Like

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by repogirl(f): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2017
DecemberIV:
Further proof of your ignorance and lack of exposure grin

That you've never even been in the North and think your opinion is relevant exposes the shallow limits of your rationality.

lol, afterall the time I have taken to explain to you with cool facts, you still choose to be daft.

Well, I can't help your case any more. If your stupidity gets too much for you to bear, help yourself with this.

1 Like

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by DecemberIV: 11:24am On Jan 11, 2017
repogirl:
lol, afterall the time I have taken to explain to you with cool facts, you still choose to be daft.

Well, I can't help your case any more. If your stupidity gets too much for you to bear, help yourself with this.

Re: African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West by Blue3k(m): 1:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
Is anyone actually interested in topic?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Oby Ezekwesili To Sign 2019 Election Peace Accord / LASG Reiterates Commitment To Timely Delivery Of Lekki Regional Road / Zamfara Governor Declared $12 Billion In Assets & Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.