Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

CAN Reacts To Buhari's Sack Of Jim Obazee, FRCN Boss - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Reacts To Buhari's Sack Of Jim Obazee, FRCN Boss (36632 Views)

CAN Reacts To COZA Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Video Of Jim Iyke Deliverance: You Judge For Yourself / “Jim Obazee Vowed To Oust Adeboye” – RCCG Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Reacts To Buhari's Sack Of Jim Obazee, FRCN Boss by patjane(f): 9:11am On Jan 11, 2017
Government can't interfere with the church but Churches always have rights to interfere in government matters abi

The church is a no-go Zone 4 government that's why all kind of evil act is done freely cry

The nation is already confuse rite 4m time.. undecided

If Jesus came back and saw what was being done in his name, he'd never stop throwing up undecided

I don't know how you feel, but I'm pretty sick of church people. You know what they ought to do with churches? Tax them. If holy people are so interested in politics, government, and public policy, let them pay the price of admission like everybody else. The Catholic Church alone could wipe out the national debt if all you did was tax their real estate cry

1 Like

Re: CAN Reacts To Buhari's Sack Of Jim Obazee, FRCN Boss by TheAlchemist: 9:12am On Jan 11, 2017
mayoor15:
You are right, churches should do more for the society I agree with that but if government were doing their work maybe, MAYBE this debate won't be going on, but I disagree with you that we can't involve government in this, government involved themselves in religion the moment they started rolling out policies that affect people religion. Have you noticed that most of the policies affect Christians most times than the 2 major religions we have in Nigeria, also Islamic bodies have also started establishing private universities and I tell you they don't come cheap, we shouldn't attack churches alone, it's goes far beyond churches, but fact is this, it's not compulsory even if you are a church member that your wards must attend those schools, if you can't afford it, you live within your means, even the whites the brought education, schools isn't cheap in their countries, I tell you 500k is not too much if things were right in the country, in a country where minimum wage is 18k, definitely people can't afford it except those that work where they get millions per month, minimum wage in other countries is far better than ours, let government make life comfortable for people and watch if people will still complain about sending their wards to private schools, remember what ATIKU ABUBAKAR said, "My secondary school students are better than federal university students", for that standard you know how much they pay talk less of his university, is it his money or our collective money, these wicked souls mesmerized our educational system, and will still rub it in our faces.. I put it to you, churches would not have involved themselves in many things if the government were doing well and doing the right things.

I believe what you wanted to say in your last sentence is thus " I put it to you, churches would not have involved themselves in many things MONEY MAKING VENTURES like creche, nursery & primary school, pure water biz, universities, exhibitions etc. if the government were doing well and doing the right things.
Re: CAN Reacts To Buhari's Sack Of Jim Obazee, FRCN Boss by mayoor15(m): 9:29am On Jan 11, 2017
TheAlchemist:

I believe what you wanted to say in your last sentence is thus " I put it to you, churches would not have involved themselves in many things MONEY MAKING VENTURES like creche, nursery & primary school, pure water biz, universities, exhibitions etc. if the government were doing well and doing the right things.
Well, this is right
Re: CAN Reacts To Buhari's Sack Of Jim Obazee, FRCN Boss by Origin(f): 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2017
Corporate governance codes is approved globally. Nigeria is one of the last to implement theirs.

If its imposed on all non profit organization, how does that become a fight against the church. undecided

Public funds is not anybody's birthright
Re: CAN Reacts To Buhari's Sack Of Jim Obazee, FRCN Boss by orisa37: 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
Obazee is an Idiot. Emefiele is a Fraud. The Government is fake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Ways Youths React When Their Pastors Say They Should Not Engage in Sex / Bishop Fernandez Muzik Crushed To Death By Truck In Port Harcourt (Graphic Pics) / Download Messages By Pastor David Ogbueli, Pastor E A Adeboye & Dr. D K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.