Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

The Devil's Reaping Fork - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil's Reaping Fork (1424 Views)

A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit / The Devil Wears Okrika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
PROLOUGE
.....We finally found the marked spot in the middle of the forest and we started digging with our powerful pick axes.Our arms ached and we were sweating profusely but we didn't stop digging.The seer had told us that whatever was buried beneath that spot was capable of ending the epidemic that was destroying our kingdom.We refused to give up,the lives of thousands of people could be saved,the king will be free from his sickness and our kingdom will be liberated from the powerful curse which had bedeviled us.
We had no idea what we would find but we continued digging fast.Finally we found the crown jewel except it wasn't a jewel,we had expected a charm or a dark object but what we found was suprising and held us spellbound......It was old and rotten and held the smell of death....what we found was a dark secret that had been buried for more than 25 years....the key to liberating our kingdom...the answer to all our prayers...what we found was....a dead body!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 11, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE 1
......7 years ealier......
"Kouyate my son,are you trying to tell me your proposed marriage with Sanya will be cancelled?"my father growled with his bloodshot eyes glaring at me,his countenance had suddenly changed and anger was written all over his face but i was not moved by this reaction.My father, King Tsonga,was often feigning anger.He did it many times when i was still a child and he was so good at it that it was difficult to know when he was really angry.
I was young man or should i say a young prince.My father ,Tsonga,was the king of Makunga kingdom.I was not the only prince,i have a younger brother named Zuba.I was the heir to the throne and therefore i must get married and produce a grand-son for my father to ensure that his lineage would continue.My father had planned for me to marry princess Sanya of Esiri Kingdom,it was a bid to unite both kingdoms-Makunga and Esiri,but i was self-willed and would not be forced into marriage.
My father was old,nonetheless and my mother had died long ago while giving birth to my brother Zuba.I grew up in a royal family.I always enjoyed my 'royalty' in my teenage years but with time i grew up psychologically into adulthood and royalty slowly became dead weight for me.I wished to be like my age mates who were not royalty.I wished i was born into an average family.I wish i could have a normal life.
But i was destined to be a King someday.I hated my destiny but i couldn't change it.Royal life bored me and all the frivolities that came with it was nothing but a heavy burden.I have to marry a princess because of my royal blood.I was not allowed to be intimate with an average girl.It wasn't a taboo,it was a custom,royal blood can only bond with another royal blood.Such fallacy made my life boring.
My brother Zuba seemed to bask in his royalty.He was happy with his life besides there were too many foods and drinks,too much respect and comfort.He loved being a prince and he lived his life to the fullest.He was stubborn and lazy.He was the spoilt prince.
I felt my status as prince was bondage and i longed to see the world,the world outside royalty,the real world.I wanted freedom and i was determined to get it.
The next day i decided to talk to my father,after the proposed marriage saga was dead and forgotten.
It was a bright morning and my father was sitting on his throne drinking wine.I came in and bowed before him.He asked to me to sit up.I was his favourite son and he was always happy to see me.We joked a little and talked about kingdom affairs.But after a while i cleared my throat and made my request.
"Father there is something i want to discuss with you"i said
He drew closer and asked what was bothering me.
I picked up courage and began "father i'm tired of staying in the palace.I want freedom.i would love to go out and see the real world.I know i'm the heir to your throne and one day i will rule the kingdom.But how can I do that when i dont know my people.I seldom leave the palace and i hardly socialize with the people i'm going to rule.Father i need some freedom.I want to go out and see entire kingdom.I want to see the world.I want to know my people better,if i'm going to be king one day i need to expirience life outside the palace"
My father chuckled,a smile played on his face and then he said"Kouyate my son,your request is granted"
I couldn't believe my ears.I tried to control my joy.
"i will let you see the kingdom and expirience life outside the palace"my father said"you can travel to other kingdoms as well,from now on you are my representative and you will take more responsibility if you can handle it".
"i can handle the responsibilities father"i said
"i will not disappoint you"
I couldn't contain my joy,finally i'm free to explore the kingdom.I would spend less time in palace unlike before.I was free to travel beyond the kingdom as well.I would finally meet ordinary people who are not royalty.I was free to explore.I could already feel the dead weight of royalty lifting off my shoulders.I was optimistic but i had no idea what the outside world held in store for me.It's a new day in my life,a new beginning.
I spent a few days in the palace getting ready to leave.My father insisted i must take bodyguards with me.I agreed but i didn't want to draw too much attention to myself as the prince so i took only 6 guards.My father wanted me to take charge of the trade and foreign exchange between Makunga kingdom and the portugese merchants.I had never seen a white man before and i relished the oppourtunity.Before i left i begged Zuba to follow me but he refused.He was hoodwinked by the riches and luxury in the palace,i shook my head in disapproval.At long last i took my first steps to the outside world,the world outside royal life,the real world.
LIKE,SHARE AND PLEASE COMMENT....this is my first official story...my first real test....pls comment....more coming!
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE TWO

Life outside the palace wasn't idyllic in any way.I had an assignment to do but my father allowed me to take a few weeks off and see the kingdom.He gave me a tour giude to show me around the kingdom.In the first few days of my tour,i was oppourtuned to see the good side of Makunga Kingdom.My tour guide showed me giant waterfalls and mountains.I also met rich plantation farmers who owed large cocoa and oil palm plantations.Makunga kingdom was indeed rich in agriculture.
But i wasn't satisfied.I knew the kingdom was bigger than i thought,my tour guide only took me to special and good places.When i asked him why,he said my father the king instructed him to do so.He said i would not be comportable on the 'other side' of the kingdom.
I couldn't believe that my father still wanted to hold me back from exploring the kingdom.I was upset but i wasn't suprised by father's attitude.I insisted i would see the other side of the kingdom.My tour guide had to carry out my command besides i'm the crowned prince.
Before we set off i asked myself 'what was so special about the other side' that my father didn't want me to see.I was about to find out.
The other side of Makunga kingdom was heavily populated by poor people.People who could barely eat thrice a day.They were mostly peasant farmers who owned a small plot of land and craftmen,silver-smiths and carpenters.The place was unhappy .I met little children with pot bellies and big head;they were hungry and spent the day looking for menial jobs to do.The rate of crime in the area was alarming.The criminals were mostly children who had lost their parents.The area was also dirty and unkempt and it was no suprise there were so many sick people and when they died their bodies were buried in dirty mass graves.I couldn't believe my eyes.
I always thought life in Makunga kingdom was peaceful and beautiful.I didn't know that the poor outnumbers the rich.The class distinction in Makunga Kingdom was bad.The poor were jampacked in one part of the kingdom and the rich were the rulers.Indeed my father was not king of Makunga,he was the king of the rich.
I spent the remaining days of my tour helping the poor but in asmuch as their situation touched my heart,they was nothing i could do to help them all.I swore to change their lives when i become king.
A few weeks later i proceeded with my assignment.The king wanted me to oversee the trade between Makunga kingdom and the portugese merchants.Makunga kingdom produced large quantities of palm oil which they sold to the white people in exchange for their machineries.I was the new Head of Trade.The prevoious manager had to vacate his position for me.He stayed with me and became my personal assisstants.His name was Traore and he wasn't happy because i would take his position.Traore was a grumpy man.He seldom smiled and only spoke when spoken to.He tried to respect me as the prince but i knew that deep inside his heart he despised and envied me.
The portugese merchants exchanged their foreign products for our palm oil.Everything was moving smoothly and i continued to help the poor but i wasn't satisfied.I felt that i was incomplete,that something was missing in my life.But i couldn't fathom it out.
The Trade with the Portugese merchants continued smoothly.Sometimes i would follow them on their big ships to white man's land.It was a wonderful expirience and slowly i started learning their tongue and another popular foreign tongue called 'English'.
After a few months the Portugese stopped bringing foreign products.Their mighty ships were filled with people-black people like me.They were bound with chains.These blacks were to be sold as comodities.My father said it was a popular trade and Makunga kingdom will benefit from the wealth that came from it.He called it 'Slave Trade'.
The unfortunate blacks we sold were not citizens of Makunga kingdom but prisoners of war and fugitives.They were men,women and children and would be transported to a land known as the New World,a land called America.
I pitied those slaves but my hands were tied.I couldn't stop the slave trade.I had to stand and watch my fellow blacks get sold.
One day i was sitting near the docks collecting the money made from the slave trade.The Portugese merchants suddenly started shouting in anger.Their leader emerged from one of the ships,brandishing a whip.He was a tall man and his muscles stood out perfectly.He was flogging a slave....a young girl.She had tried to escape but was caught and was being toutured severely.I pitied her.This girl was my fellow African and i couldn't stand and watch her suffer.I summoned courage and conftonted the Portugese.I asked him to free the slave girl but he refused.I offered him a large amount of money and he released her.The slave girl was crying,there was blood stains on her clothes.I consoled her and took her to my house near the docks.Her name was Ona.
LIKE,SHARE,COMMENT
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE THREE
I took Ona to my house.She looked pale and hungry.Her clothes were dirty and her hair was unkempt.She was wounded by the slave traders and blood was dripping from the cuts on her body.She needed a makeover.
Ona was shy and could not look at my face,she bowed her head.She was always staring at the floor.I instructed my servants to give her a perfect makeover.She took a bath,wore new clothes and my servants treated her wounds and plaited her hair.
I made arrangements for her to stay with me for a while until she fully recovered.I ordered her to sit next to me at the table while my servants brought food for her.
But Ona kept staring at her food without eating.I knew she was shy and sad.She must have passed through a lot in the hands of the slave traders.I took a good look at her from head to toe and realized how beautiful she looked after her makeover.Ona had a light flawless skin,beautiful eyes and pitch black curly hair.Her body curved graciously in her clothes and her breasts stood out perfectly.She was really beautiful and i had feelings for her, strong feelings which i've never had before.My heart was beating faster.I was suprised because my heart never beat like that for anybody before.
I was in love.
I started a conversation with her

ME:what is your name?
ONA:i told you before,my name is Ona.
ME:where are you from?
ONA:Makunga kingdom.
I was taken aback by her reply,i never knew citizens of Makunga kingdom were being sold into slavery.
ME:you say you are from Makunga kingdom,why are you a victim of slave trade.Only outsiders and prisoners of war are sold as slaves.
ONA:my father was a fugitive,a law breaker.Fugitives in Makunga kingdom are punished with slavery.
ME:But your father is the fugitive not you,why are you a slave.
ONA:Moments before my father was captured,he commited suicide so they took me.
I was angry and confused,why would a young,innocent girl be punished for the sins of her father.It wasn't fair.

ME:do you have any other family member apart from your father?.
ONA:no,my father is all i have now he's gone...
Tears rolled down her cheeks.I didn't pursue the matter further.
ME:i'm going to take care of you.You 're no longer a slave.
Ona had started eating and she no longer felt ill at ease.She looked at my face for the first time since we met.
ONA:why are you helping me?I know you are one of the slave traders.
ME:i dont force people into slavery.i just collect the money made from the trade.It's not easy for me to watch people get sold like mere comodity.
ONA:you sound like you dont have a choice but you always have a choice.
ME:its not easy for me,my hands are tired.I'm the prince,the heir to the throne.
ONA:so you are royalty...your kind has made life difficult for poor people in this kingdom.
ME:what do you mean?
ONA:the king collects tax every year.one third of our earnings go to him.That is why my father became a fugitive,he was tired of poverty.
ME:i'm sorry,i didn't know that my father collect too much tax from poor people.
ONA:it's okay.
Ona got rid of her shyness.She spoke freely to me and told me her life's story.I felt sorry for her.
We became friends but i never told her how i felt about her,not yet.Ona convinced me to desist from slave trade.She told me that even if i couldn't stop slave trade i should not have anything to do with it.
Ona became my personal assisstant and i restored Traore to his former position as head of trade.Ona excorted me on my travels and our relationship grew.
Ever since i was born,i've always felt that part of me was missing.There was a deep void in my heart but ever since i met Ona that void have been filled.The part of me that was missing have been replaced by Ona.I felt whole with Ona in my life.She completes me.Ona brought out the best in me,she made me a better person.
Ona and I were like a couple.People thought she was my wife and that worried me.
It wasn't long before the rumours spread like wild fire.The prince was romantically attached to an average girl.
It was a custom that the prince must have nothing to do with average girls who were not of royal blood.I could only spend the rest of my life with a princess,that was the custom but Ona was not an average girl to me.She was my heart,my princess,my queen.But i still haven't told her how i feel.I haven't confessed my love to her,not yet.
News reached my father that i have an intimate relationship with a girl who was not of royal blood.
My father was angry with me and he summoned me immediately.
He wanted an explanation and i was prepared to give it to him.
I was prepared to face my father.
THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE...CHINENYE....THE CHARACTER 'ONA' WAS INSPIRED BY HER....I MISS YOU DEAR....RIP
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by empress101(f): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2017
cry awwww sorry for your loss dear.... and nice story u hav got... following..
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by anakadrian: 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
Nice story idea, and the telling isn't bad, but it comes off a bit rushed. The post is all kinds of clumped. You should like to give a bit more spacing in the structure, more paragraphs and employ better punctuation use. Makes reading easier.
Yeah, you want to get the exciting story all out at once 'cos you've written it and want to share it with the world, but you should give a few breathers with the updates.
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by theorbiters: 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
Okay, it is obvious you have a very interesting story to share, and would can't wait to get it out, but I will just advise that you take your time,and you don't rush it.

Don’t just report the events or the emotions, try to describe them, give them quite an explanation, this way your readers can connect with your characters.

Use paragraphs, they will make it more presentable.
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
[quote author=theorbiters post=52757233]Okay, it is obvious you have a very interesting story to share, and would can't wait to get it out, but I will just advise that you take your time,and you don't rush it.

Don’t just report the events or the emotions, try to describe them, give them quite an explanation, this way your readers can connect with your characters.

Use paragraphs, they will make it more presentable.

I understand what you mean.But the story is quite long and this is my first attempt.I know how to weave a good story but my intention was to put it in shorter form because of the story length.I haven't written 10% of the story.But i'm willing to take your advice.I will take it slow from now on even if it will take more time to reach the climax of the story.
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by theorbiters: 12:03am On Jan 13, 2017
[quote author=liepzig post=52758060][/quote]

Believe me, your story is beautiful, and with this being your first attempt, I am very much enjoying it, but the advice I will give is that, you should forget about the length, and focus on the quality. Enjoy your writing, fall in love with your story, this way you will embed the emotions within the story.

I am definitely sticking to this story.
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 13, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE FOUR

My father was angry and had summoned me but i wasn't thinking about what he would say to me or do to me.He could lock me up in the palace or banish me,i really didn't care.I was prepared to spend the rest of my life with Ona.And speaking of Ona;My father may want to see her as well,to accuse her of bewitching me and maybe punish her or forbid us from seeing each other.
I did not think seriously about this.Ona would be the real victim of my father's fury,not me.My father could punish her severly.Ona was,afterall,a slave girl whose father was a fugitive.
Ona,like other wretched people in Makunga,is a 3rd class citizen.She would be,in the eyes of of my father,a piece of trash waiting to be thrown away.My father had little regard for poor people and wouldn't want me to associate with them.Ona was the one in big trouble,not me.
I wish my mother was still alive.Maybe she would understand my predicament but she was long gone and everytime i try to picture her in my mind i see Ona instead.Ona,sometimes,behaved like a mother.I remembered the day i first saw her motherly side.
It was a sunny day and the unforgiving sun showed its fury.Ona and i were going to donate food to some starving families.We were passing through Makunga market to purchase food.The market was large and it afforded the oppoutunity for the rich citizens to meet the poor.The market was a bee hive of activities but someone caught my attention.In a small corner stood a man of middle age.He was shouting to the crowd that gathered around him.Ona and i went closer to hear the man.
"its high time the poor people of Makunga fought for their rights"the man was saying."We cannot live to see the rich ones eat the fruits of our labour while we kiss their feet and beg for food"
The strange man was actually talking about the class distinction between the rich and poor in Makunga and how the poor were suffering too much.More people had gathered to listen to the man.
"We the poor people toil everyday to survive and yet the king demands tax from us,even if we are sick and dying he will force us to pay tax."The man was now talking about the king and his wicked policies,i was ashamed of my father and everybody knew who i was so i tried to hide my face.
"The king does not give us anything good in return and yet he demands tax.It's time to stand up and fight for a better life,a better future for the sake of our children.It's time to stop paying tax.No more tax."
By then a multitude of people had gathered and they were all screaming with angry voices in unison."No more tax!".I dont know who that man was but he was surely starting a riot.The multitude of people that had gathered were capable of bringing down the walls of the palace.They could tear my father into peices if they tried.
Suddenly someone from the multitude pointed at me and screamed.
"Look,there's the king's son"
The people were advancing towards me.I tried to convince them i'm on their side but they said.
"We know you've been helping people but your father has been maltreating us.Maybe if we kidnap you,the king may listen to us"
Their reaction was actually borne out of anger towards the king,not me.Two men made to grab me,i was scared and Ona held my hand. Just then one of my guards, assigned by the king to protect me,came to my rescue.But the angry crowd grabbed him and started beating him.They kicked,punched and wounded him and when they came back to their senses,they left him and dispersed.
Ona and i tried to help him but he couldn't stand up.He had a deep cut on his head and his right leg was broken.He was bleeding.This innocent guard was wounded because of me and my father.I took him to my house near the docks.Ona said she could stop the blood that was oozing from his forehead.I stared in amazement as she washed his wounds with clean water and bandaged his head.She had stopped the bleeding and applied a medical substance on his broken leg.I was amazed,i had never seen such care before.The poor guard was feeling better.
"Ona we need to talk."I whispered to her.
"Is there a problem,Kouyate?"Ona asked.
She looked into my eyes,she could tell i was worried.
"We cant talk here.Follow me,i know a place where we can talk."I whispered to her.
I took Ona to the most beautiful place in Makunga kingdom.It was in the middle of the forest,a place adored by a small waterfall that stretched into the river.Hundreds of beautiful Rose flowers grew near this place and butterflies bred in the area.
I would be off to the palace to see my father the following day.Ona could be in big trouble and i need to tell her.I need to tell her the kind of man my father really was.I need to tell her my life's story.
LIKE,SHARE,COMMENT
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 13, 2017
theorbiters:

Believe me, your story is beautiful, and with this being your first attempt, I am very much enjoying it, but the advice I will give is that, you should forget about the length, and focus on the quality. Enjoy your writing, fall in love with your story, this way you will embed the emotions within the story.

I am definitely sticking to this story.
Thank you for your support.It gives me the strength and confidence to continue.I'm still new at this and this is my first story.I promise to make it as interesting as possible.
Kouyate's backstory will be explored in the next episode and hidden details about Ona's life will be revealed as well.Its going to be an exciting journey.SO WATCH OUT.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by anakadrian: 1:29am On Jan 13, 2017
Okay... Your space bar and enter keys need to be pressed more often wink

That said, the transition from internal thoughts to real life action was too sudden... like... "I am the chosen one, my people need me, they hate the two headed spirit of the evil forest, I've been trained since birth to defeat him and then we started fighting at the weekend so I defeated him and the five other ones that jumped out of the surrounding bush to attack us while we fought..."
(re: the Ona and guard scene) Hope you get my drift.

Pause. Pace. Narrate. Show. Build some backstory, a bit of info about the world of Makunga that isn't directly dependent on the next scene to come, so that your narrations don't come off as... "This is happening, its happening, its really happening... and oh, yeah by the way that happened too..." lol.

Following.
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE FIVE

"My father wants to see me."I opened up to Ona. "I 'll be off to the palace tomorrow"
"That's okay.But is that what you wanted to talk about.?" Ona looked into my eyes.She always did that whenever she wants to decipher my mood.
"Does your father wanting to see you have anything to do with me?"she asked.
"yes,it does." I replied with a woebegone expression on my face.
Ona drew closer to me and held my hand.My spirit was somewhat lifted and I relaxed.
"Kouyate,is there a problem? Talk to me please."
I cleared my throat and began
"Ona,we 've been working together for quite some time now.We 've become very close and people are starting to take notice.Plus i'm the prince and news about me travels fast"
"what are trying to say,Kouyate?" Ona asked.
"what i'm saying is,my father wants to see me and he may want to see you as well."
"But what for, have i anything wrong?"
"No,you did no wrong.I'm the one who erred."
"But how?"
"According to the customs of Makunga,a crowned prince must never make personal contact with ordinary people."
"What does that mean?"
"The customs say we cant be friends"
"Oh!"
It was Ona's turn to be crestfallen,i stole a glance at her face.She seemed pertubed because she took me as a friend.
"Your father would seek an audience with me anytime soon?"Ona asked.
I nodded in affirmation.
"I'm in trouble?"
"sort of"
I drew closer to Ona and wrapped my arms around her,she rested her head on my chest.
"Ona you dont have to worry,i wont let anything bad happen to you.I promise."
"Your father,what is he like.People hate him and you dont seem to like him very much"Ona asked.
I could tell she was worried.
"My father is more of an animal than a human.Growing up under him was tough.I'm his firstborn son and heir to the throne.I was born six years before my younger brother Zuba.At that time my grandfather,the last king before my father was old and dying.My grandfather had two sons,my father Tsonga and his late elder brother Mustafa.Mustafa was the heir to the throne but he went missing and was presumed dead.The mystery sorrounding his death remains unsolved till this day and his body was never found.My father became king after my grandfather died.
At that time Makunga kingdom had seers,sprititual leaders who could predict the future and reveal
the most hidden secrects.These seers accused my father of murdering his brother to take throne but my father dismissed these accusations and banished every seer in the land.From that very day my father changed,he became dark,twisted and brutal and any man who oppossed his authourity was put to death.He started maltreating the poor by collecting taxes.
As a kid i lived in fear and awe of him.I was not allowed to leave the palace.My mother,on the other hand, was kind and loving but she died after my brother Zuba was born.My father was a very powerful disciplinarian,he was strict especially to me because of my status as his heir.My brother Zuba was free to misbehave.He is only a second son and had no special inheritance like me.He became a spoilt prince and he started drinking too much lately.
My childhood was not fun.I was sad and i felt lonely.My father is a wicked man but i wont let anything happen to you".
Ona was silent after i finished my story.She looked into my eyes and gave me a reassuring smile.My heart was at peace and i smiled.
"Your life is no different than mine." Ona said "You were born lucky but i was lucky to be born.My mother was among the very first slaves.She was captured along with my father.They were married and my mother was a few weeks pregnant.The slave traders did not know this when they took her.My parents worked on the ships that transports slaves to foreign lands.When my mother discovered her pregnancy,she told my father and they tried to keep it secret.If the slave traders discovered a pregnant slave woman on the ship,there would be severe consequences.My mother stayed hidden until i was born.But one day the slave traders discovered me and they tortured my father.They threatened to throw me into the sea but my father convinced them to allow him return to Makunga with me.My mother was left behind and my father returned with me to Makunga."
I marvelled at Ona's life story.I wiped the tears that were rolling down her cheeks.I had to tell her the truth.It was time to confess my love for her.We would face my father...together.
"Ona,the real reason my father wants to see me isn't because we are just friends". I said
"It's because you are more than a friend.Ever since i met you i felt an emotional connection to you.A connection i never felt since my mother died.I'm attracted to you and it's not just because of your beauty.You have an amazing character,you're so filled with love and compassion.Ona,my hearts beats for you."
I stared at Ona.She was silent.I continued.
"Ona,i just want to say 'i love you'
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 14, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE SIX

I didn't know what came over me.A new feeling had suddenly overwhelmed me,it was like love and excitement rolled into one.My next action was swift,it was prompted by impulse.
I bent over Ona and i kissed her.The kiss lasted for a few seconds and then Ona suddenly withrew her lips and pushed me aside.I was a little bit confused. Ona stood up and grabbed my hand. "come on,lets go to the river" she said.
I followed her like a sheep.The river was very close by.We stopped at the bank of the river and this time Ona wrapped her arms around and kissed me passionately.I was happy and my mind was literally blown away,i felt i could float in the air or walk on water.
I had the idea to dive into the river for a swim with Ona besides we were alone and the river was completely deserted.Ona and i removed each other's clothes frantically and i dived into the river.The water was a bit cold but i didn't mind.Ona was having second thoughts.She had felt the cold water with her feet.I swam closer,grabbed her hand and yanked her into the water.Ona shrieked with delight and we both had a good laugh.
When we quietened down.Ona placed her hand on my cheeks.I stared at her unclad body and gulped.
"We shouldnt do this,Kouyate" Ona whispered with a worried look on her face. "what if someone catches us?"
"Dont worry,no one will see us"i replied.
"This is so awkward,your father will probaly kill me". Ona said and chuckled. "What about the customs?"
To hell with the customs,i was going to break both Ona's hymen and the stupid custom.And i did!
"Take it easy,Kouyate.I'm a first timer"Ona whispered in a seductive voice.
"I love you,Kouyate"
"I love you too,Ona"
Midway through,Ona knocked me on the head playfully and said."Bad boy,try not to scare the animals away."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The next day,i journeyed to the palace with Ona beside me.I was prepared for whatever punishment my father would mete out to me.I was not afraid of father anymore.
At the entrance of palace,my alchoholic brother Zuba came out to welcome me.He was holding a gourd of wine in his hand and his hair was unkempt.He was normal.
"So the rumours are true,my brother is flirting with a beautiful chick"Zuba said
"Father awaits"
I noticed Ona's fear even though she tried to conceal it.
"Ona everything is going to fine"I said as we appeared before my father.
My father was sitting on his throne.He wasn't smiling.Ona and i bowed before him.
"So it's true,my son has been hanging out with a strange girl." My father growled.
"Father,i can explain"
My father signalled me to shut up,he continued in an angry tone.
"Explain what?You want to explain how you soiled your fingers by associating with this girl.How you want to break the custom.A hundred-year-custom that has been respected by every crowned prince for many generations.I will not let you bring disgrace upon our family by associating with an average bush girl"
I was boiling with anger,how could he call Ona a bush girl.I have tried to respect my father by politely explaining myself to him but he had crossed the line.The time for respect is over.
"How dare you abuse her." I thundered in fury.
My father was taken aback by my non chalant attitude but I wasn't finished yet.
"Father,i have always respected you right from my childhood but i cannot have you interfere with my love life.I love Ona and i will spend the rest of my life with her".
My father sighed.He stood up from his throne and walked over to Ona.
"Do you love my son?" My father asked Ona.
She was trembling with fear.
"Yes,i love kouyate"
"If you love my son,you would leave him and never come back.You see,i'm not a kind man and i dont take lightly to problems in my family.You are a problem and when i handle a problem,the problem dies."My father said to Ona in a soft tone.A sinister smile played on his face and he chuckled.I wrapped my arms around Ona.
"Leave her alone,i will marry Ona and nothing will stop me"
My father burst out laughing
"You might want to rethink that,because according to the customs if you marry your precious Ona your birthright as heir to the throne will be revoked."
I was suprised because i had always wanted to be king someday for the sake of the poor and less privileged in Makunga.Being the king was the only chance i had at changing their lives for better.But there could be another way.
"You can revoke my birthright,i dont care" I said.
The words flew out of my mouth and my father was suprised at my decision.
"Guards!" my father screamed.11 guards appeared immediately.
"Take that bush girl away.Lock her in the dungeons.Let her rot!"
The guards grabbed Ona and took her away.
"Kouyate dont let them take me away"she cried.
"Free her immediately" I shouted at my father.
"You can help her,Kouyate.Break your relationship with Ona and i 'll free her.Your choice."

I 've never felt so helpless.
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by empress101(f): 7:15am On Jan 14, 2017
angry y Wil dey take Ona? ?
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE SEVEN

Ona was taken away from me and thrown into the dungeons.I begged my father to release her but he vehemently refused.My father would not let me see her,he stationed guards to watch Ona day and night,to make sure she wont excape.I was worried.Ona had passed through so much pain and agony in her life and all i ever did was bring back agony and suffering into her life again because of love.I could not imagine what she could be passing through inside the dark dirty dungeon and the only way i could free her is to let her go."Break your relationship with Ona and i'll free her"...my father's words tormented me everyday.But i couldn't leave Ona,i'm in love with her..madly.
The only way i could contact Ona,i figured,is to send my alchoholic brother Zuba.He was allowed to roam about unguarded and he could walk into the dungeons without a fuss.He wasn't considered a threat.
I managed to convince Zuba to do my bidding.The only problem was Zuba's habit of getting drunk.Ona may not listen to a drunkard but getting Zuba to quit drinking was like asking a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.
At the end i had to send him anyway.I had no choice.The first time Zuba went to the dungeons, the guards took little notice of him.When he came out he told me Ona was fine and even though the dungeon was cold and dark,our love kept her warm.I was happy Zuba remembered what Ona told him desspite his drunkeness.
The second time Zuba went to the dungeons,he came with the message that Ona was getting desperate and sad.Her usual smile never came and she was loosing hope.She longed to see me.
After many visits to the dungeon,Zuba started changing.He barely took wine and he started dressing well.His hair was no longer unkempt and he became cheerful and bright.At first the changes were scary,i thought Zuba was sick but soon i realized that Ona had touched his heart the same way she touched mine.I started plotting to save Ona.I spied on the guards daily,i noted their movements and their routine.
Eventually i was allowed to see Ona,under the guise that i was going to end our relationship.
When i set foot in the dungeon,i shivered in cold.Ona gave me a bear hug with tears rolling down her cheeks.
"I thought i 'd never see you again,Kouyate"she said.
"I told my father i would end our relationship,that's the only way i could be allowed to see you"i said.
"You are not going to end our love,are you?"
"No,but how are you feeling?"
"I'm not comfortable here.This dungeoen is cold and dark.Mosquitoes feast on my body everynight.This place is horrible,when am i getting out?"
"i dont know"
"Kouyate,you have to get me out of here.I love you but i cant stay here anymore.You have to get me out."
"I promise,i 'll get you out but my father promised to free you if we break and i cant do that"
"Then pretend to break up with me"
"If i do that i'll never see you again.If my father frees you,he will banish you from the kingdom and i cant leave the palace."
I wiped her tears and kissed her passionately.
"You are not alone.I 'll set you free when i get the chance.Even if it means breaking the rules."
"You 're right Kouyate,i'm not alone.I have a cell mate"
I looked behind me.I never knew there was another prisoner.
In the darkest corners of the dungeon sat a man.I went closer to see his face and i recognized him immediately.
"Hey,i know you.You are the man at the market.The one who tried to start a riot.The 'no more tax' man.Your friends tried to grab me and my guard got beat up." I said.
The man drew closer. "Just call me Idris,your father the king got me arrested.He's going to cut off my head tomorrow for protesting against him"
I marveled at Idris's revealation.I never knew that my father beheads people who criticise him.I 've never seen him do it.My father was a tyrant.He needs to be stopped.I thought about what would happen to Ona if my father's patience runs out.It would be horrible.He could put her to death as well.I had to do something ,i had to save her.
I stared at poor Idris,he was bound with chains unlike Ona.I pitied him.This man has a family,brothers,sisters even children and father would kill him anyway.I couldn't save him.
If i was king,life will better for the people but my birthright had been revoked.Zuba would have to take my place as heir to the throne.
The only way i could save Ona is to break her out and sneak away.We would run away fro Makunga and never come back.
I touched Ona's cheeks and she placed her head on my chest.Our heartbeats could be heard in the interlude.
"Ona,the only way i can save you is to break you out and escape.I have plotted every move to this day.It's time leave this place.We can ran away from Makunga.We would get married,have children and start a happy family together.
But i need is your consent"
Ona looked into my eyes,she kissed me passionately and said.
..."No!"
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE EIGHT

"What do you mean by 'no'?."I asked Ona with a woebegone expression on my face.One moment she wanted to get out of the dungeons,the next moment she rejects the oppourtunity.
"Kouyate,maybe we can ran away,get married,have children,start a big happy family but we will never truly be happy.Your father will do everything possible to find us and we would live the rest of our lives with a target on our backs,we would have to look over our shoulders everyday.We would always be suspicious of strange things that happen around us and our children would not be safe as well.Is that the life you want?,a life of fear and uncertainty.Think about it Kouyate."
Ona had a point.If we ran away,my father will do everything possible to find us.We wouldn't know when we are safe or not because of the target on our backs.
"So what do you suggest we do?."I asked Ona.
"We have to break up.As much as i love you,i dont want anything to come between you and your father.You have a duty to him,to this kingdom.You are beacon of hope to your people,are you going to abandon them because of me"
I thought about what Ona said.I couldn't abandon my kingdom,my people.
While we were still speaking,my father walked in.He frowned at the sight of Ona and i.
"Come with me,Kouyate.I need to show you something."He said.
As i made to follow him,two guards walked into the dungeon,grabbed hold of Idris and led him out to the coutyard.
I followed my father there,he was going to behead Idris and he wanted me to watch.There was another prisoner in the coutyard,a young man with white hair.
"I assume you already met Idris at the market.He tried to challenge me and i will deal with him.The young man with white hair is a seer."My father said patting me on the back.
I had never met a seer before.My father banished them long ago.
"I thought seers were banished?."I asked.
"Yes,but that young seer stupidly came back to challenge me.He said he brought a message from the future.These seers can predict the future but i dont trust them and unfortunately for him,i destroy things that i dont trust"
The seer was screaming "your family is cursed,the kingdom is cursed.You are doomed unless you make ammends for the crime you commited years ago.I see darkness.I see suffering.I see death"
I was puzzled and i asked my father. "What is this crime you commited years ago?"
My father waved it off as nothing.I went closer to the seer,maybe i could find out what the future held for Ona and i.The seer glanced at me and said,"i see death."
"Thats enough.If you can see future,you should be able to see your future.But let me show it to you."My father said picking up an axe.He lifted the axe and it came down.In the end the seer's head lay on the ground.Idris was next.
"You think because you are the king you are untouchable.One day the people will revolt.They will take back what belongs to them..." before Idris could finish his statement his head was separated from his body.
A guard brought a bowl of water and my father washed his bloody hands.He patted me on the back and said with a proud voice.
"You see that,Kouyate.Thats how it's done.This is what you need to strive for.You need to be tough and unmovable like a rock.You have to be strong and willing to cross any boundry.You must be a stone cold killer like me.Life is not all about love,if you love too much you 'd be suprised by your own weakness.When you are king you must show the people how strong you are.You must sniff out any opposition and eliminate it,you must never be afraid to kill your rebelious subjects,you must...."
My father coughed and tried to continue but he coughed again and this time,he covered his mouth with the palm of his hands.When he withdrew his hand,he was shaking like a leaf.There was blood on the palm of his hands.
"Father are you sick?" i asked.
"I'm not sick,i'm as strong as ever"he replied with a worried look on his face.
While we were still speaking,Zuba ran to us.He was panting and sweating profusely trying to catch his breath.
"Is there something wrong Zuba".I asked.
"Yes there....is"Zuba replied."Thousands of people are at the palace gates,they are revolting.The guards are trying to hold them off but i dont know how long they can keep it up...They want your head".Zuba said turning to father.
"We are in danger,we all are!"
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Odionsp: 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2017
Interesting one dia
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE NINE

"They want my head?"father asked.
"Yes" Zuba replied.
"Fine,i 'll show them who's the boss"
My father coughed again,blood spurted out each time he coughed.He was really sick even if he wouldn't admit it.The atmosphere was getting tense.
"Father are you allright" Zuba asked.
"I'm fine,you people should stop worrying about me" father growled. "The people think they can dethrone me,i'm the most powerful man in this kingdom and no one will challenge me."
My father is the craziest man i have ever seen,even in sickness he still thought he was powerful.
"Father you have to stay behind while i go out and see what's going on"i told him but he vehemently refused to back down.
He strodded off to the palace gates to face the people,what he saw had him rooted to the ground.At the gates of the palace stood a multitude of people,hundreds and thousands of angry people.Many of them had weapons in their hand-from big stones to clubs and matchetes.They were screaming "down with the king".My father was afraid,we all are.
The palace guards had their muskets,a weapon we bought from the portugese merchants,pointed at the people.Ready to open fire.The people were afraid to come closer because of our powerful weapons and we were afraid to open fire to avoid bloodshed.The people,nevertheless never wanted too much bloodshed,all they wanted was the king.
"Open fire,open fire!" my father screamed at the guards.I interrupted him.
"If they fire those muskets,it will cause a stampede!"
My father didn't listen,he grabbed a musket,aimed it at the crowd and fired.There was confusion-someone was hit by the bullet.
The people ,instead of running helter skelter,stormed out towards the palace.Towards us.It was a full blown stampede.
The guards tried to hold them off by firing their muskets but it was of no use.We had escape into the palace and close the door behind us.The people tried to break it down.
"You see what you 've caused,you shouldn't have fired that musket"i barked at my father.
"My life is in danger,if those people get their hands on me i'm a dead man" he replied.
"You caused all these,you were maltreating the people and now their tolerance has ran dry"i barked at him.He kept quiet.
"Zuba,you and father must escape through the back" i said.
"Where are you going?"he asked.
"I'm going to rescue Ona,i cant leave her here.Make sure father is safe" i made to go but Zuba held my hand.
"I'm scared Kouyate what if we never make it?"
"Dont worry,you have to be strong.I know we will survive.I believe in you,now make sure father is safe.Wait for me at river,i 'll be there in no time" I hugged Zuba and made for the dungeons.
When I got there Ona was confused.The dungeon was directly below the palace and we could feel the earth shaking.
"Kouyate what is happening?"
"There's no time.I'll explain on the way but right now we need to get out of here"
I grabbed her hand and we tried to escape.By the time we reached the palace it was already overun with angry men with weapons.We had to escape through the back but it wouldn't be an easy task.Our trouble was compounded by the fact that i'm the prince.If the angry people saw me,they would capture me and demand to see my father.I had to escape with Ona while hiding my face.
The palace was a war zone.There was dust everywhere and dead bodies of some of the guards littered the floor.The men had grabbed the muskets and now bullets were flying over our head.
"Kouyate,i'm scared."Ona whispered.
"Dont be.We can still make it,we just have to escape through the back.Once we are out of the palace,we 'll be safe.You just have to trust me" i assured her.
The angry crowd had started looting the royal treasury.They were still screaming "down with the king."
They were desparately searching for the king.Everything was overturned,every nook and cranny.I managed to blend into the crowd with Ona and we made our way to the back door.The people had started setting the palace on fire.They were burning everything to ground.Smoke filled the air and we could hardly see where we were going.It was terrible.
I coughed,the thick smoke blurred my vision.I needed fresh air.I held Ona and we made for the back door.
At last we got out,I stopped and gasped for fresh air.
"We made it Ona,we just have to get to the river.Zuba will be....."
I stopped abruptly.Ona was on her knees,she right hand was on her abdomen.She was bleeding.A stray bullet must have hit her.She collapsed into my arms.She was half-conscious.
My heart was torn in half.
"Ona,you have to stay with me....please stay with me...i need you to stay with me.......
"Kouyate,i'm....i'm"
"You are not going to die...please dont go...stay with me Ona...stay with me...
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE TEN

I carried Ona to the river,Zuba and my father were there waiting.Ona was still bleeding.The only way to save her is to dig out the bullet inside her body and stop the bleeding.It was one hell of a task and i haven't done it before.
I was desperate to save Ona and there was little time to do that.Ona had started fading,she was loosing consciousness and her body was getting cold.I couldn't stop the tears that was flowing down my eyes.I couldn't loose Ona,if i lost her my world will be torn apart.
"Oh no!" Zuba exclaimed as soon as he saw Ona,he helped me lay her on the ground,he felt sorry for her.Father couldn't say anything,he was lost in thought and he stood there staring at a dying Ona.
"Zuba,i need you to find a medicine man immediately.Hurry,there's no time!"
Zuba dashed off to find the medicine man.
I did not know how to dig out the bullet in Ona's body.The only thing i could do is stop the bleeding.
I tore out a piece of my cloth,dipped it in water.I carefully cleaned the wound and strapped a piece of my cloth around it.The bleeding reduced.
My father was rooted to the ground,his mouth was agape.He had something to say but didn't know how to say it.Ona was getting cold,she was slowly loosing consciousness and Zuba had not returned.The bullet was still in her body.If i tried getting it out myself,i might make things worse.
I could hear the noise of angry people,they had left the palace and they were advancing towards the river.I didn't care,my father didn't run.He was tired of running.
"Ona,look at me..everything is going to be okay.You just have to hold on a little bit longer,you have to hold on"i said with tears in my eyes.
"Kouyate,....i dont....know how...long..i can hold on" Ona whispered.
"Ona dont say that,you are not going die...just hold on.Everything will be allright i promise."
"Dont make promises you cant keep,Kouyate.We both know how this is going to end."
"Ona,please dont say that"
"It's okay.If i'm going to die,i'll be happy to spend my last moment with you"
My father sank to his knees,he was shedding tears.He tried to come closer.I was angry.
"Stay away from us father,do not come any closer" i growled at him.
"Kouyate,i just want to...."
"I said 'stay away'!"This time i shouted at him.He cringed like a kid.
"Ona,you are not going to die.Just have a little faith"i said to her.
"I dont think i'm going to survive Kouyate.I can feel my spirit leaving my body"
"Ona stop saying that"
"Kouyate,i need you to promise me something.Promise me you 'll forgive your father.Family is important,you have to forgive him."
"I dont know if i can do that but i 'll try"
"Promise me you 'll bring peace back to this kingdom.The people need you to be a beacon of hope.You will do whatever it takes to restore peace."
"I 'll do that."
Zuba had arrived with the medicine man but he was too late.
The angry people had found us but they did not attack my father.They stopped abruptly,their noise ceased.They were held spellbound by the sight of poor Ona and suddenly one man dropped his weapon.Another person did the same and slowly everybody followed suit.It was incredible.The people had learnt a vital lesson..'violence does not pay.'
I looked at Ona,her death was near.
"I love you Ona.I 'll never forget you"
"I love you too Kouyate.I want you to have this" Ona opened her palm,she was holding a bracelet.
"This bracelet belongs to my mother.I want you to have it Kouyate,something to remember me by"
I took the bracelet and wore it on my left wrist.It fitted perfectly.
Ona smiled,tears rolled down her cheeks.It wasn't tears of sorrow.It was tears of joy.She was happy to spend her last moment with me.There was an awkward silence even with the thousands of people that had gathered around us.Everybody was touched.
I kissed Ona passionately.The kiss lasted for a few minutes.It was our last kiss.My right hand was on her chest,i could feel her heartbeat.It was slowing down.
"I love you Ona,i 'll always do."
"I love you too,Kouyate"
"When you get to the spirit world,send my regards to my mother.Promise me you 'll do that"
"I promise you Kouyate.I will tell her about you,your love,your compassion and what a good man you turned out to be."
"Goodbye Ona.You are going to live on in my heart"
"Goodbye Kouyate.I will always be with you"
Ona slowly closed her eyes,her heart stopped beating.She was gone.
I was overcome by grief.The love of my life was gone.My source of joy was gone.Ona,the only girl i have ever loved is gone.
I cried bitterly.Tears continously flowed down my cheeks.I remembered Ona's requests before she died.It's time to mend broken fences.It's time for a new beginning.
I stood up and faced my father.He was crying as well.He stood up and faced the people.
"I need to say something,i need to reveal my darkest secrets."
TO BE CONTINUED
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 19, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE ELEVEN

Father faced the people and started to address them.Everybody was silent and listening attentively.
"I have been a very bad man right from my youth.I let the darkness in my heart clowd my judgement.
When i was young,as you all know,i had an elder brother.His name was Mustafa and he was the heir to the throne.Mustafa and i were more than brothers,we were best friends and the brotherly love we shared among us was very strong.Mustafa was very fond of me and,as my elder brother,he was always looking out for me.He was gentle,kind and caring.
But then things started to change.My father was very proud of Mustafa,he was his favourite son.I was the least loved.My father somewhat despised me.I was young and weak,i couldn't do anything right.I was fragile and naive.My father taunted me by saying i would have been better off if i was born as a girl and not a boy.
But Mustafa was special,he had my father's love and admiration.He was strong and brilliant unlike me.My father treated him like an only son even though we were two.Mustafa was born lucky.He was the heir to the throne and everyone loved him.I was lucky to be born and i was often overshadowed by Mustafa's popularity.
After some time,Mustafa and i started drifting apart.The brotherly love we shared seemed to have vanished.Mustafa was obsessed with his destiny as future king,he spent more time with my father.Mustafa was happy and proud.I was lonely and sad because my father bullied me and treated me like a pauper.He said i was not man enough to be his son and i should emulate Mustafa.I spent years trying to please my father but i always failed.He cast me off into the cold.He showered love on Mustafa and hatred on me.
I became jealous of Mustafa's popularity,it overshadowed me.Something changed inside me.I started becoming dark and twisted.I was full of hate for my brother.He bested me at everything,he had father's love and admiration while i was left out in the cold and treated like a slave.I tried to make myself feel better but the sight of Mustafa increased the darkness in my heart and i let this darkness consume me.The only way i could have a better life was to eliminate Mustafa.
And one day,while we were taking a walk in the forest.I murdered him in cold blood.The job went well,no one saw me and i buried Mustafa in the forest.I came back to the palace and acted normal but later Mustafa was declared missing.A search party was sent to find him but it was of no use.Mustafa was declared dead.My father was never himself,he was torn apart by grief and a few years later he died.
I became king after my father's death and i tried to do well in my new position.But it wasn't long before the seers in the kingdom accused me of killing my brother.They said my brother's spirit was crying out for vengence and my family was cursed.My brother's spirit wouldn't rest until i suffered for my crimes.I didn't want the seers to tell everyone about my crime so i banished them all.
Our family was cursed and anybody that got deeply involved with our family would die.
That is why your mother died,Kouyate.Her fate was sealed as soon as i married her.She died giving birth to Zuba but i knew it was the curse taking effect.
Ona died because of the curse too,she got deeply involved with our family and paid the price.I knew she would die if she continued her relationship with you.That is why i tried to break your relationship,i wanted to save her from the curse.After your mother died i didn't want anymore death in our family.
I'm responsible for your mother's death and Ona's death as well.Everything that happened so far,the people's revolting,the stray bullet hitting Ona-It's all connected with the curse.
My brother's spirit is punishing us.The seers warned me about this but i didn't listen.I thought i could survive but my brother's spirit tormented me.
The only way to end this curse is to find Mustafa's body and perform the neccesary rites.If i dont do this soon enough,his spirit will keep tormenting us and very soon it's going to destroy us.
Kouyate,i have been a very bad person.I let my father's hatred contaminate my mind.I let the darkness in my heart to consume me.I killed innocent people just to make myself feel better.I'm a monster.I dont deserve forgiveness....
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Odionsp: 10:35am On Jan 20, 2017
Interesting one there... Mk we try at least dy read lik two episodes a day..
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by siliobah24: 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
nice 1 dear carry on, waiting 4 d next episode
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Blessytee(f): 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
wow. this is interesting
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
THE DEVIL'S REAPING FORK
EPISODE TWELVE

I hugged my father immediately,i didn't wait for him to say more.He was taken aback by my gesture.
"I dont understand Kouyate,how can you forgive me so easily?" he asked.
"I promised Ona i would forgive you". I replied.
"But you were angry at me"
"I was angry because you had lost your way but now you 've found it and you did it on your own."
"I cant believe this,i'm so ashamed of myself.I dont know what to say."
"You dont have to say anything else father,your sins are forgiven"
It was an emotional scene and at the end we both had tears welling in our eyes,even Zuba shed tears.
Father hugged Zuba.
"I'm sorry your mother died even before you got a chance to see her,it's all my fault."
"It's okay father,but how do we find Mustafa's body and end this curse once and for all" Zuba implied.
"You mean the body i buried 45 years ago in an unmarked grave.Finding it will be a daunting task" father said with a worried look on his face.
We hardly thought of that.If we dont find that body,Mustafa's spirit will never stop wreaking havoc in our family.
Someone from the multitude of people stepped out and spoke out.
"I know a seer that lives on the outskirts of the kingdom.He can help you."
My father bowed his head in shame he remembered the day he banished the seers.The day he beheaded one of them.But he looked up with confidence written on his face.He sent messengers to bring the seer.It took a long time before the seer finally came,an old man with white hair and grumpy look on his face.
My father was ashamed of himself,he didn't know what to say.He knelt down at the feet of the seer.He was humbled for the first time in his position as king.
"I need your help"he managed to blurt out with tears in his eyes.But the seer looked away and hissed.
"I cant help you,not after you banished every seer in the land."
"Please you have to help me.My family is in big trouble."
"You are nothing but a tyrant.You killed one of us,your heart is full of darkness." The seer was boiling with anger but when he looked up and saw me,his countenance changed.He walked towards me,stared into my eyes and sized me up.
"I see no darkness in your heart.You are not like your father.I'm suprised"
"Please you have to help us for her sake" I pointed at Ona's body.
The seer was touched.He walked over to Ona.
"She is a special person just like your mother" he said.
"How did you know my mother?" i asked.
"I know many things and i can see that you love Ona"
I didn't bother asking him how he knew Ona's name.Seers are way too mysterious.
"I will tell you where to find the body".
My father blossomed with joy.
"Thank you seer.I dont know how to thank you enough"
"Dont thank me,thank Kouyate.I'm doing it for him not for you.
Go to the middle of the forest,you will find a rose flower growing alone on the the ground.It's in an open space,that's where you 'll find the body.Uproot the flower and dig the ground.Then bring the body to me so i can perform the burial rites.If you do this,Mustafa's spirit will be at rest.But it comes with a price."
"What price?"
"Your father must vacate the throne"
My father put up his hands in resignation.
"I'm tired of being king" he said.
"We have to go to the forest immediately,we have to find that body"
Two men volunteered to help us,they brought pick axes with them.
"Thank you" i said to the seer.
He looked at me and then at Ona's body.
"She was hit by a stray bullet,wasn't she?"
"yes" i wiped the tears in my eyes.
"Did you dig out the bullet?"
"Yes,after she died.The medicine man took out the bullet.Ona will be buried tomorrow"
"Maybe i can bring her back from the dead"
My face brightened.I was shocked.I didn't know Ona could return,i had already lost hope.I thought i 'll never see her again.
"You can do that?"
"I said 'maybe'.Find that body then we 'll talk"
I set off with my father,my brother Zuba and two volunteers.
The forest was so big,it was bigger than i imagined.Getting to the middle sapped our energy but we kept going.
At last we got to the middle of the forest and we searched for the rose flower.It was a daunting task.
"There!" Zuba exclaimed "there's the flower"
We ran towards the site,a rose flower stood in the middle of an open space.The body would be under the ground.The problem with our family,the source of our problems.The curse.
We smiled.Hope has been restored.
"We have to start digging immediately" my father declared.
We uprooted the flower and started digging the ground.Our arms ached,we were sweating profusely but we never gave up.We kept digging until we found something......something scary....it was rotten and held the smell of death.....we marveled at the sight....my father sank to his knees and cried.....we found the body......a dead body......
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Odionsp: 7:42am On Jan 21, 2017
Good work..
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by siliobah24: 11:14am On Jan 24, 2017
hlo dear pls upload d next episode
Re: The Devil's Reaping Fork by Odionsp: 1:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
We dy wait ooh cool

(1) (Reply)

The Tale Of My Greedy Neighbor By Tosan Tarre / Anybody Who Knows About PTI Admission? / A Night Of Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 245
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.