Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man (7301 Views)

List Of Countries That Are Smaller Than Biafra By Size / U .S . Classified Files Reveal Untold Story Of Ojukwu, Biafra By Americans / James Ibori Conferred With Chieftaincy Title "Ezi-Oyi Anioma" In Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man by Dedetwo(m): 11:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ugomba:
my name is ugomba, an indigene of Ogwashi ukwu,Aniocha. am a proud Delta Igbo.
I want to talk about Biafra, many of our anioma fathers fought in the war, but the focus now is on the METHODOLOGY OF NNAMDI KANU.
1) why must the ijaws,ogoni,urhobo ,itsekirietc be included in biafra map when its obvious that they are not interested?they will betray Igbos again if war breaks out.
2) during regionalism, urhobos,isoko,itsekiri were under midwest and not eastern nigeria, so when did their land become biafra territory?
3) why do you insist on refrendum on the land of people who never asked for one. eg ijaws, ogoni etc?
4) Midwest was formerly under western Nigrmeria YET I dont see yorubas including urhobos,isokoetc in anything oduduwa..
5) why are the Igbos making the igbos look like a desperate tribe? can't we agitate without including South south minority tribes?
6) why do you Igbos insult anyone with a contraditing view to your agitation?
7) even if Nigeria breaks today, why not a nation for the Igbos only.kh
cool that Asari dokubo is supporting biafra does not mean that the ijaws want Biafra. stop living in delusion.

I can go on and on. Nnamdi kanu methods has many flaws in it.
We are not a desperate tribe,Igbos Leave the South South minorities alone!
thanks

Are you mentally steady? On what earth have Yoruba remotely agitated for Oduduwa Republic talk less the boundary? Why would any reasonable fellow offer a cup of palm wine to any moronically dingbat that kicks against one's interest? Please try to grow up.
Re: Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ngozi123:

Just for the sake of logistics, I think that every state in the South-East and South-South should take part in the referendum but the non-Igbos in the South-South (maybe including the Ikwerre) should be given the option to have their own country instead of joining the Igbos. This is one of my biggest criticisms of IPOB too but thankfully, they're not the only group out there.
You shouldn't add the Ikwerres because they are part and parcel of the Igbo nation. They themselves know this. The grudges of an Ikwerre man towards Ndigbo is different from the natural hatred of the Ijaws. The Ikwerres can blend in an Igbo country as long as we take care of their fears regarding their identity and spoken dialect. We can suggest the Hong Kong autonomy just like China and all gudges will die naturally. Even among the Ikwerres, they dread sharing the same country with the likes of the Ijaws and be dominated like an hopeless minority. So their best bet is staying with their Igbo cousin, this I know from my study of the Ikwerres. But for the Ijaws and others, they should stay put in their Niger-Delta republic

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man by 0xtr200r: 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
Chiwude:
If you represent a voice of IPOB, then am afraid the organisation is a nuisance and deserves to be disbanded. Why must you impose your will on others? Who gave you the right to forcefully join uninterested minority groups into your map? Some of these groups - like the Itshekiri, Urhobo and Ijaw - have told you times without number that they weren't interested, yet you claim dumb, kept drowning their voices, calling them afonjas at the slightest chance and painting them as saboteurs.
Keep deluding yourselves until it stares you right at the face. The Igbo nation just as spoken by Ugomba is a large one, and comprising the states in the SE as well as Igboid groups in the SS. We are big enough to stay on our own, rely solely on our God giving human capabilities and don't need a forceful alliance with some minorities to attain our heights? We dont. You guys should stop making it look as if there is an ulterior agenda behind your agitation. However, if IPOB continues on it's path of self-ignorance and foolishness, then it may become obvious that an IPOB led Igbo republic is a mission on disaster, and that staying put for now under an indivisible Nigeria is our best bet until a charismatic group with a well cut out plan emerges.
You can as well gather your boys and call me an Afonja if you like! I won't bulge.

Stop being silly and confused just because you dread to hear the name NK, IPOB or Biafra! If in this 21st century you still believe a sane fellow can be cajoled or hoodwinked into joining a union s/he detests then you are of all men most miserable.

The Igbos quest for nationhood is not for ass-licking minions who cannot tell their right from their left.

Tell your cotravellers to face OduaArewanistan republic or MOSUNDI.

Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic: https://www.nairaland.com/2355622/mosundi-demands-niger-delta-peoples

Re: Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man by Ngozi123(f): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
Chiwude:
You shouldn't add the Ikwerres because they are part and parcel of the Igbo nation. They themselves know this. The grudges of an Ikwerre man towards Ndigbo is different from the natural hatred of the Ijaws. The Ikwerres can blend in an Igbo country as long as we take care of their fears regarding their identity and spoken dialect. We can suggest the Hong Kong autonomy just like China and all gudges will die naturally. Even among the Ikwerres, they dread sharing the same country with the likes of the Ijaws and be dominated like an hopeless minority. So their best bet is staying with their Igbo cousin, this I know from my study of the Ikwerres. But for the Ijaws and others, they should stay put in their own lane in their Niger-Delta republic

I don't want anyone complaining later on that we 'forced them' to join us so they should be given a choice on whether to join us or join the South-South minorities in a separate country. No one should be given preferential treatment; that'll just cause more unnecessary problems along the way imo.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ngozi123:

I don't want anyone complaining later on that we 'forced them' to join us so they should be given a choice on whether to join us or join the South-South minorities in a separate country. No one should be given preferential treatment; that'll just cause more unnecessary problems along the way imo.
I agree! Maybe a referendum would give us the right answer. Getting the Igbo nation united under one banner should be the task of true nwafors and not the nonsense attachment with some hateful minorities that IPOB is agitating.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man by Cjrane2: 12:28am On Jan 11, 2017
Another Afonja forming wanna be anioma guy spotted. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man by zendy: 10:10am On Jan 11, 2017
Chiwude:
If you represent a voice of IPOB, then am afraid the organisation is a nuisance and deserves to be disbanded. Why must you impose your will on others? Who gave you the right to forcefully join uninterested minority groups into your map? Some of these groups - like the Itshekiri, Urhobo and Ijaw - have told you times without number that they weren't interested, yet you claim dumb, kept drowning their voices, calling them afonjas at the slightest chance and painting them as saboteurs.
Keep deluding yourselves until it stares you right at the face. The Igbo nation just as spoken by Ugomba is a large one, and comprising the states in the SE as well as Igboid groups in the SS. We are big enough to stay on our own, rely solely on our God giving human capabilities and don't need a forceful alliance with some minorities to attain our heights? We dont. You guys should stop making it look as if there is an ulterior agenda behind your agitation. However, if IPOB continues on it's path of self-ignorance and foolishness, then it may become obvious that an IPOB led Igbo republic is a mission on disaster, and that staying put for now under an indivisible Nigeria is our best bet until a charismatic group with a well cut out plan emerges.
You can as well gather your boys and call me an Afonja if you like! I won't bulge.

You have everything twisted on its head. Do you know what the rising sun on the Biafra signifies? The Sun has 11 Rays signifying the 11 Regions of Biafra and just one of those Regions is Igbo, what do you think the other 10 are? Biafra has never been just about Igbos. Quite right that the great Igbo nation, Igboids and Igbo speaking people are large enough to go it alone but thats a completely different thing. At the end of the day, Biafra remains a proposition and a proposition is not a forceful thing. Referendum remains one of the most democratic instruments in the world, how can referendum be regarded as something forceful when it allows people to choose their destiny? A priviledge no Nigerian has ever enjoyed. You said the minorities are not interested? How did you reach this conclusion? I listend to Radio Biafra last night, part of the broadcast was in Urohbo language. Urohbos were calling in, speaking their language and pledging allegiance to Biafra. This is not about some Yoruba guy creating a false monika and coming here to shout 'our Oil', Im talking about what I heard last night. It was even last night that I learnt that blood means the same in Urohbo and Igbo. Im not even talking about the Akwa-Cross callers. There are more than 40 tribes in the South of Nigeria, anyone who tells you he speaks for all of them is a lier. So thats why they should be given the chance, via referendum, to speak their mind. If you call that 'by force' then you had better rethink. As anyone plans for a new life of independence, they should put into consideration who their neigbours will be because that might determin if you will know peace.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
zendy:

You have everything twisted on its head. Do you know what the rising sun on the Biafra signifies? The Sun has 11 Rays signifying the 11 Regions of Biafra and just one of those Regions is Igbo, what do you think the other 10 are? Biafra has never been just about Igbos. Quite right that the great Igbo nation, Igboids and Igbo speaking people are large enough to go it alone but thats a completely different thing. At the end of the day, Biafra remains a proposition and a proposition is not a forceful thing. Referendum remains one of the most democratic instruments in the world, how can referendum be regarded as something forceful when it allows people to choose their destiny? A priviledge no Nigerian has ever enjoyed. You said the minorities are not interested? How did you reach this conclusion? I listend to Radio Biafra last night, part of the broadcast was in Urohbo language. Urohbos were calling in, speaking their language and pledging allegiance to Biafra. This is not about some Yoruba guy creating a false monika and coming here to shout 'our Oil', Im talking about what I heard last night. It was even last night that I learnt that blood means the same in Urohbo and Igbo. Im not even talking about the Akwa-Cross callers. There are more than 40 tribes in the South of Nigeria, anyone who tells you he speaks for all of them is a lier. So thats why they should be given the chance, via referendum, to speak their mind. If you call that 'by force' then you had better rethink. As anyone plans for a new life of independence, they should put into consideration who their neigbours will be because that might determin if you will know peace.
The Biafra that you talk about is the Biafra of the 60's. The Biafra of feigned trust, and of which our poor fathers got the greatest betrayal of their lives. Whether we like it or not, the Biafra of then was always about Igbos and to a lesser extent the Akwa-Cross. Who were the major fighters of the Biafran army during the civil war? Who donated both finance, manpower and other relief materials to the cause? The genocide that were perpetrated by the vandals, which areas were targeted? Which areas got rains of ariel bombardment on a daily basis? Which areas were highest hit by starvation? Which areas, even in the eve of surrender held on to the last. And lastly, which areas were humilliated at the end of the war with the 1 pounds policy, civil service marginalization and the abandoned property theft. Contrary to your argument, the Ijaws busied themselves with the task of leading the federal troops through our southern flank, with a large chunk of Adekunle 3rd marine commando being of Ijaw extraction. Many Ijaws fought gallantly on the side of the vandals and were duly compensated by federal government after the war. Only the Igbos and to an extent the Akwa-Cross were left to lick their wounds.
The 11 rays of the sun in the Biafran flag was a mistake. So I think. It was a mistake because we didn't really gauge the real feelings of the minorities before secceding with them. We were deceived by the individual feelings of the likes of the Opigo's, the Dokubo's etc and not the overall rejections of the riveriners. Had Ojukwu carried out a grassroot referendum and not the consultation assembly bullshit, we would have known the true wishes of the minorities towards Biafra and avoided the greater after thought of a failed seccession, largely undone by betrayal and starvation.
Finally, did I hear you say you listened to Radio Biafra and heard callers calling in Urhobo. How are we sure we aren't manipulated again by the operators of the station? So because a few spoke in Urhobo and pledged to the cause, suddenly means Urhobo people as a whole accepted to join Biafra. Who carried out the survey? Well I can't fall for the gimmick employed by IPOB. Until I see those Urhobo people who claimed to call live on TV, live in Urhobo towns, speaking the Urhobo language, making those calls, only then shall I believe a little.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man by Cjrane2: 2:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
Chiwude:
The Biafra that you talk about is the Biafra of the 60's. The Biafra of feigned trust, and of which our poor fathers got the greatest betrayal of their lives. Whether we like it or not, the Biafra of then was always about Igbos and to a lesser extent the Akwa-Cross. Who were the major fighters of the Biafran army during the civil war? Who donated both finance, manpower and other relief materials to the cause? The genocide that were perpetrated by the vandals, which areas were targeted? Which areas got rains of ariel bombardment on a daily basis? Which areas were highest hit by starvation? Which areas, even in the eve of surrender held on to the last. And lastly, which areas were humilliated at the end of the war with the 1 pounds policy, civil service marginalization and the abandoned property theft. Contrary to your argument, the Ijaws busied themselves with the task of leading the federal troops through our southern flank, with a large chunk of Adekunle 3rd marine commando being of Ijaw extraction. Many Ijaws fought gallantly on the side of the vandals and were duly compensated by federal government after the war. Only the Igbos and to an extent the Akwa-Cross were left to lick their wounds.
The 11 rays of the sun in the Biafran flag was a mistake. So I think. It was a mistake because we didn't really gauge the real feelings of the minorities before secceding with them. We were deceived by the individual feelings of the likes of the Opigo's, the Dokubo's etc and not the overall rejections of the riveriners. Had Ojukwu carried out a grassroot referendum and not the consultation assembly bullshit, we would have known the true wishes of the minorities towards Biafra and avoided the greater after thought of a failed seccession, largely undone by betrayal and starvation.
Finally, did I hear you say you listened to Radio Biafra and heard callers calling in Urhobo. How are we sure we aren't manipulated again by the operators of the station? So because a few spoke in Urhobo and pledged to the cause, suddenly means Urhobo people as a whole accepted to join Biafra. Who carried out the survey? Well I can't fall for the gimmick employed by IPOB. Until I see those Urhobo people who claimed to call live on TV, live in Urhobo towns, speaking the Urhobo language, making those calls, only then shall I believe a little.

Afonja people always losing so much sleep over Biafra just because they want free oil.

Ivory Coast is africa's fastest growing economy and they did it with cocoa.

Whoever brainwashed afonjas that they would not survive without oil.
Nigeria with all its oil is in recession and its people dying from hunger if not the huge diaspora population senfing in hard currency every month.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
Chiwude:
You shouldn't add the Ikwerres because they are part and parcel of the Igbo nation. They themselves know this. The grudges of an Ikwerre man towards Ndigbo is different from the natural hatred of the Ijaws. The Ikwerres can blend in an Igbo country as long as we take care of their fears regarding their identity and spoken dialect. We can suggest the Hong Kong autonomy just like China and all gudges will die naturally. Even among the Ikwerres, they dread sharing the same country with the likes of the Ijaws and be dominated like an hopeless minority. So their best bet is staying with their Igbo cousin, this I know from my study of the Ikwerres. But for the Ijaws and others, they should stay put in their Niger-Delta republic
@Bolded - LMAO!!
Re: Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
Chiwude:

You shouldn't think it too far-fetched to find Urhobo people at IPOB family meeetings. Though obviously not many of them,they do attend. These ones never fail to tell you that they're not part of those who have been deceived.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alleged N2.2bn Fraud: Fayose’s Trial Begins Today / President Buhari Assures On Credible Elections / Why Is Orji Uzo Kalu Kneeling Down In This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.