Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria (11556 Views)

Introducing HR Master, (automated Solution For Recruitment Processes) / N-power Reveals Additional Processes After Application / Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) Processes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by blackprowler: 7:59am On Jan 11, 2017
The soul of the Nigerian is evil. OP is 99% likely to be part of Nigeria's problems if you investigate. We complain when such wicked ways from others affect us. That's how we're brought up, so we don't realise and when we're told by a microscopic few who are different, tantrums flare. I apologise for saying the truth.

3 Likes

Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 11, 2017
youngibe:
This is one great piece. At times I begin to wonder what is going on in this country. Funny enough when you go for any exam or abtitude test you never knew that u are sitting in for the son or daughter of one elite. God is watching[color=#000099][/color]
Your matter serious

#u no dey write name on top?hahahaha
Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 11, 2017
beacon02:
There is one thing I lernt from Robert Schuller,s Tough time never last,... and that is, ability to be always positive in tough times. There are some things you don't need to agree to, or else your spirit and destiny will agree to them. No matter the hardship, people still get job without connection. I've read many testimonies here. I'm also a living testimony. These people are positive minded people. They never get discouraged by what others are saying about recession or unemployment.
Anyone that wish to move far must start thinking positively.
we mean real job
Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 8:18am On Jan 11, 2017
Fautly recruitment process in a faulty country undecided
Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 11, 2017
nmreports:
Nice perspective but please read the below carefully.

I would like to come from another perspective in other to motivate you and let you know some other peoples reality is different.

3. Sometimes its about good CV. No good HR would ignore a clean, good and interesting CV.

E be like na another dimension u dey. But the reality in Nigeria is different. Which HR Manager has the time to go through 10000 CVs? Even those who use keyword search to screen out irrelevant CVs still dont do justice to the few they go through.

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by nlugliest: 8:45am On Jan 11, 2017
Any system that adopts outright nepotism over technocracy will lose focus.

2 Likes

Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by jericco1(m): 8:57am On Jan 11, 2017
The hustle is real
Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by nmreports: 9:20am On Jan 11, 2017
careytommy7:

E be like na another dimension u dey. But the reality in Nigeria is different. Which HR Manager has the time to go through 10000 CVs? Even those who use keyword search to screen out irrelevant CVs still dont do justice to the few they go through.

I get your point and you are right. So let me add this:

I recently posted a vacancy to received CVs and yes, most were rejected because I used a screening technique. So those who did not follow the instructions were automatically taken to spam. Lots.

Those with luck who found their way in as a result of some bug were manually deleted by me. Reason is I have enough CV already and I cant start looking at someones own who did not even follow instructions in the first place.

The next step for me is to go from the beginning to see those who applied first (Its my own technique) then I start from there.

I look at the contents, the structure before I even open the attachment.

My point is yes, we cannot look through all CVs but each HR person has a technique to ensure that fairness is implemented.

2 Likes

Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by EAZY2422(m): 9:37am On Jan 11, 2017
simple,short an precisely on point.....well said op
Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by sirusX(m): 9:51am On Jan 11, 2017
The reality we see now is man know man

I recall a day I got to a company regarding a job search and after much talk, the next question was; who do you know here?

Like I had to know someone, that my education, knowledge and skills were not good enough to even earn an interview.

Even if one was opportune to drop a CV there, what are the chances of a fair process?

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by lakeside30: 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
but people are still getting good job even without knowing anybody. Just put ur hope in God and trust him, like me sometimes 10yrs ago I was looking for job, do you know despite my connection with a certain power n steel minister then and with all his promises he could not get me a job .

Nevr put hope in man rather trust God with your ur heart, and he will fix u up
Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by sholay2011(m): 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
yorex2011:
To be really honest, we have witches and wizards at the helm of affairs in government. Look back at years past, the majority of our leaders grew up in a Nigeria that made sense. They grew up and became leaders of their tomorrow, but decided to unleash their inner witchcraft and plunge Nigeria into obscurity. And the worst thing is that they keep inculcating this witchcraft into their "boys" who they hope will succeed them.

This is just pure daylight wickedness in my opinion
Holy Sh*t!! grin grin grin
Re: The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria by sholay2011(m): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2017
lakeside30:
but people are still getting good job even without knowing anybody. Just put ur hope in God and trust him, like me sometimes 10yrs ago I was looking for job, do you know despite my connection with a certain power n steel minister then and with all his promises he could not get me a job .

Nevr put hope in man rather trust God with your ur heart, and he will fix u up

You have a point but the OP is talking of a dilapidated recruitment system here, not just an unlucky individual. It will be quite selfish to come from the perspective of 'but some people still get job without connection' -which is true by the way, I am a living example- while ignoring the structure that has hindered gainful employment in the nation as a whole. You (or someone close to you) might just be part of those that are 'not lucky enough' to get job without connection, despite good grades, prayers and fasting. Even some that are currently unemployed/under-employed trust God with their heart than you do. We should stop using the religious toga to cover up the problems in our structures and instead, face them head on.

The government as well as our labour unions should please intervene in this matter. Labour unions should be known for things other than going on incessant strikes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAR Recruitment.interview/test / How Did You Spend Your First Salary? / Discountenance Job Offers From Us, INEC Warns Job-seeking Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.