Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

I Can't Connect Php To Mysql - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Can't Connect Php To Mysql (887 Views)

How Do I Connect Php With Oracle 11g? / Why I Can't Start A New Topic? / Mysql: Cannot Connect To Mysql, Access Denied For Root@localhost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Connect Php To Mysql by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2009
WHENEVE I WANT TO CONNECT MY PHP TO MYSQL I ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THIS PROBLEM HOW CAIN SOLVE IT PLEASE
HTTP ERROR CODE 404 FILE NOT FOUND.HERE ARE SOME POSSIBLE REASONS FOR THE PROBLEM
1.THERE IS NO TESTING SERVER RUNNNING ON THE SERVER MACHINE
1.THE TESTING SERVER SPECIFIED FOR THIS DOES NOT MAP TO THE HHTP://LOCALHOST/_MMSERVERSCRIPTS/MMHTTPDB.PHP URL.VERIFY THAT THE URL PREFIX MAPS TO THE ROOT OF THE SITE.
Re: I Can't Connect Php To Mysql by DualCore1: 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2009
If you could IM me on yahoo chat now, we could work something out together there and post the fix here for any who experiences this kinda problem.

Yahoo ID: k_frill
Re: I Can't Connect Php To Mysql by yawatide(f): 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2009
Dual: any way you can stop posting for at least 3 months so I can catch up with you, with respect to number of posts? tongue

Poster:
I hope Dual can help you because I find your topic rather ambiguous. Are you having problems pulling up php pages in a browser or you are having problems connecting to a database, or both?

Again, I hope Dual can be of help.
Re: I Can't Connect Php To Mysql by DualCore1: 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

Dual: any way you can stop posting for at least 3 months so I can catch up with you, with respect to number of posts?  tongue
Sure thing, ban me  grin
yawa-ti-de:

Poster:
I hope Dual can help you because I find your topic rather ambiguous.  Are you having problems pulling up php pages in a browser or you are having problems connecting to a database, or both?

Damn i'm whack! Do u know at the time of my making that post above I was just looking for the word "ambiguous" to describe the problem, the word never came into ma head!  undecided

Thought of the words generic, broad, wide angled, e.t.c it just didn't click, kai!

yawa-ti-de:

Again, I hope Dual can be of help.
Na wa o, why're you killing my morale na  angry
I will fix it! oya ginger my MySQL swagger!  tongue
Re: I Can't Connect Php To Mysql by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2009
it actually.depends on hoe you,re running yoir page php pages can,t be opened directly like file://a.html it should be localhost://a.html also did you link to.an unknown file thats a 404 error.[color=][/color]
Re: I Can't Connect Php To Mysql by askphantom(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2009
You got a 404 error while trying to connect to your mysql database.

wus:

WHENEVE I WANT TO CONNECT MY PHP TO MYSQL I ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THIS PROBLEM HOW CAIN SOLVE IT PLEASE
HTTP ERROR CODE 404 FILE NOT FOUND.HERE ARE SOME POSSIBLE REASONS FOR THE PROBLEM
1.THERE IS NO TESTING SERVER RUNNNING ON THE SERVER MACHINE
1.THE TESTING SERVER SPECIFIED FOR THIS DOES NOT MAP TO THE HHTP://LOCALHOST/_MMSERVERSCRIPTS/MMHTTPDB.PHP. URL.VERIFY THAT THE URL PREFIX MAPS TO THE ROOT OF THE SITE

The part in italics mean that you are not hand coding but using dreamweaver to generate php codes. If that is the case, YES your problem is double ambigious. If you want i can send you php manual or go to w3schools.com to learn how to hand code php, it will save you alot of stress like this one. I hand code from scratch and only recently am trying my hands on Zend Framework.

Let me know whats up.
Re: I Can't Connect Php To Mysql by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2009
yes i got 404 error anyone in the house who guide me through
Re: I Can't Connect Php To Mysql by DualCore1: 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2009
404 :->
any cally brotha here? grin

dude Wus, IM me

(1) (Reply)

Using Custom Domain On Blogger / Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver / Have You Start Using Your 9ija Paypay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.