Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Fear Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fear Of God? (984 Views)

Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ / Abortion In Nigeria: Legality, Morality And The Fear Of God (theists, Deists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Of God? by jagunlabi(m): 10:28pm On Jan 12, 2007
Do humans need to FEAR God to be good?What about those humans who are really good people but do not believe in God's existence,let alone fear him?I know i have met so many such people in my lifetime and still meeting them.
I always have this feeling that folks who have to fear some omnipotent deity to be good,aren't really good folks,naturally.A situation of being good under duress.But that is just my own view.What do you guys think?
I hope everybody,from all belief system can contribute their opinions.
Re: Fear Of God? by monshege: 5:07am On Apr 08, 2007
the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Fear Of God? by jagunlabi(m): 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2007
I would say,"The love of God is the beginning of wisdom".
monshege:

the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Fear Of God? by Seun(m): 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2007
So the bible is wrong? I knew it!!
Re: Fear Of God? by stimulus(m): 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2007
Lol, Seun. You certainly know that jagunlabi didn't make any reference other than what he thought.

The question is easy enough to grasp if one takes the time to understand the context of words used as we read them in our English Bibles. Here's an offer - the word 'fear' in the verse (Prov. 1:7) as proffered by monshege is properly to be understood as 'reverence'.
Re: Fear Of God? by monshege: 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2007
hahaha Seun, you are silly. its like you were waiting for that comment to be made so you can jump to that conclusion.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is God? / The Gospel According To Satan / It's in the package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.