Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React (41395 Views)

E-Money And Juliet Okonkwo Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Davido’s Son Models For Mario And Juliet As Brand Ambassador, Hours After Birth / Mike Godson And Juliet Ibrahim Pictured Together After Yesterday's News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Just30: 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2017
Phobia1:

M arguing whether or not they own d Afro shit or not. what am saying is he can't just woke up one morning and say their then Afro shits influences what we have now. Why are they not influence by it their self and e reckon with? instead of running to naija to be know.
Why hin no use the influence foe Ghana, why come back to naija? craze dey worry him and juliet
I guess musicians in Nigeria have been doing Nigeria beats and not Afro beats
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
Michellla:
Lol,whats with the emoticon
Nothing really. Are u on whatsapp? Wanna talk 2 you. cool
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Just30: 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
Sprumbaba:

Yes I might but you are silly.
or you simply don't have vocabulary
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Blonchilli(m): 10:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
Dongreat:

Crap is an understatement. And worse is they (Nigerian Artists) always feel on top of the world while artist like Sia, Adele, Miguel, Ed Shareen, the late Marvin Gaye, and a few I can't remember with music that would leave footprints forever are calm and doesn't show off. Well empty drums sound loudest.
grin grin grin
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by BrutalJab: 9:14am On Jan 13, 2017
Temysteve:
come give me my mama own na. #StupendiousIdiota!!!

#30 condom could have prevented this disaster o. Chai. Learn to respect ur parents. olodo
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by King44(m): 11:19am On Jan 13, 2017
Dongreat:
Music is a food to the soul but does that include music from either Ghana or Nigeria? I have listened to the guy songs and one word "TRASH". He just murmured all over his songs while repeating rubbish lyrics with no meaningful rhymes and still shouting "Mr EAZI". He use one beat pattern to cover all these flaws and like many Nigerians with no sense for the importance of lyric but mad over beats, they called and crowned him Next Rated, just like they did to Mr Skibo and Rekedo banks but where is the rated among these mentioned.
Well people music taste are different but for music to be a food then it has to deliver meaningful lyrics. The great Fela has no sense of rhymes but his lyrics are heart touching, making his Afro songs original. I listened to Titanium, Bang your Head, The Greatest, Elastic Heart by Sia and even as she is no preacher, her words on those songs are powerful than any man of God I have encountered.

"They call me Mr Eazi and Life is Easy because I roll with Wizzy, oya zagga that". And you call that music??
am sure dis guy mean easi wella, check all is tracks na so so woman mata he does not sing somtin realistic Na gels even dey make mata worse
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by King44(m): 11:22am On Jan 13, 2017
BrutalJab:
Nigerians no dey like hear the truth maybe because their leaders don brainwash dem with too much lie sha.

Mad over you by Runtown sounded Ghanaian. fact
because he mentioned Ghana gels u guys are somfyn else
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Temysteve(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2017
BrutalJab:

#30 condom could have prevented this disaster o. Chai. Learn to respect ur parents. olodo
Wow!! Even though common sense s uncommon to some pple, thaught u've sometin upstairs b4, but now i can see 'm to composed to deliberate with a low self esteem pple like you.. Its a freedom of speech anyway, keep running like corrupt file.
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Noblewhiz(m): 3:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
Dongreat:

You like one beat. Interesting. But great artists don't indulge in similar beats for their songs. It's tiring lusting to similar beats man. Even DJs don't use one beat.
I didn't say I like... he should be versatile..

but his pattern is kinda cool tho
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by calberian: 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
That's like saying Nigerian music influenced american music because Destiny's child did ''WHEN JESUS SAYS YES'' or because JayZ remixed a Fela song with a Felaesque beat.

(1) You see, sometimes to gain more international reach, artistes travel out to certain places that they feel might have the kind of audience that they seek and create works to suit those audiences. It doesnt necessarily mean that theyre being influenced by those foreign places to the point that their sound has changed accordingly. It only means that they did a good job of speaking the musical language of that new audience.

(2) Michael Jackson's Percussion remix of ''They dont really care about us'' and ''Beautiful by Pharell Williams and Snoop Dogg'' were Brazillian styled but, although im not saying it did or it didnt, no one ever claimed that Brazillian music influenced American music.

(3) How about the foray of Wizkid, Iceprince, Yemi Alade and co into South Africa? Does that say South Africa is influencing Nigerian Music too?

ovaRAYted:

It'll be a very long list my mann

-Baba fela in '67 after stayin in ghana for a while and soaking up their style,returned to Nigeria with a new musical direction he tagged "afrobeat"..hence its birth in nigeria and fusion in our music.
-olamide_first of all
-wande coal-bumper 2 bumper and kiss your hand
-wizkid-azonto
-yemi alade-kofi annan
-psquare_alingo
-lynxx-ghana girls
-viktoh-skibii that....etc

Fact enough for yo?? undecided
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by moshould(m): 4:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
bros, dem don reach ur side shine ur eye o, naija guys MTN O ! everywhere you go, if you slack they can change ur face from smile to frown...
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by ushiesamuel(m): 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2017
i blame HEADIES 4 dis if not dem him 4 get mouth d tok?
Misterpaul:
Mr Eazi and Juliet Ibrahim got the bashing of their life from Nigerians for saying Ghana influenced Nigerian music.

see tweets below.

http://www.fab.ng/2017/01/mr-eazi-juliet-ibrahim-says-ghana-influenced-nigerian-music-nigerians-react/
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Phobia1: 10:37am On Jan 14, 2017
Zedoo:

Your question makes no sense. .because Nigerian artists can simply sell tens of millions due to the sheer size of population.

Having more followership and crowd following in an industry doesn't mean you cannot be influenced by a smaller industry. Ghanaians come to expand their base and make more money.....Nigeria get population....its the same way we are the largest importers of products too

To u it doesn't to me it does.
I never said they can't influence it. but it shouldn't be coming from someone made by Nigeria. If e sure for am say E good. why not stay and produce in Ghana? since they got the influence. rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Phobia1: 10:40am On Jan 14, 2017
Zedoo:

If you are a true follower of music and an ages long music fan you will not have your warped view... But its ok....
The truth is still there untouched...
Whether the Nigerian ego is bruised or not...
Same reaction when Cameron made the fantastically corrupt reaction...

Goodnight.
Well that's ur own warped view too.
Did u know how many country influenced many of the Europe and America music?
why are those countries not shouting "influence shit" up and down?
rubbish. #byebye
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 19, 2017
what is this Mr eazi saying, Ghanian music influenced naija music. and yet u had to come to naija to blow. y u no stay Ghana dey sing na, na only u for dey listen to ur music

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 19, 2017
BrutalJab:

lol funny
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 08, 2017
enyi225:
run town mad over you has Ghana written all over it,gv or tak a couple of other songs. but to say they influenced 9ja music? dats just trash
becos he sed, Ghana girl, wache and shitoh. chaaai
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
uzzyfire:
becos he sed, Ghana girl, wache and shitoh. chaaai
I tire oo, Ghanaians can misyarn olorun!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eniola Badmus Celebrates Her 36th Birthday, Rocks Cleavage-Baring Camouflage / Stephanie Okereke And Husband, Linus Idahosa Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary / Legacy Peculiar Rhema Okwuchi Marries Peace Victoria Akpan Traditionally (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.