Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood (36995 Views)

Borno Government Set To Demolish Brothels And Illegal Beer Parlours(photos) / Sambisa Forest As Tourist Centre As Nigerian Army & Borno Government Collaborate / Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by DIKEnaWAR: 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ok
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by dsocioemmy(m): 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
Most of it is associated with the opposite religion...
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
And these people want to collect VAT from alcohol sale. I'm loving Nnamdi KANU the more
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by adioolayi(m): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
Borno government should not share from tax collected from Alcohol manufacturers, import duties, VAT or any other proceeds from importantation, distribution and consumption of luxury spirits

2 Likes

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by AkinPhysicist: 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
shocked charcoal and firewood? I am not understanding. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by idupaul: 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
mengho:
Hehehe, gud, I remember when I went to low-cost near Giwa barack, the shops are just full of star, Hynessy, Gulder & gunnes. it was even hard for me to get common malt drink

Which one did you eventually drink?
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by KVC1970: 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hypocrisy they ban in open and patronize them in secret.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by idupaul: 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
shocked charcoal and firewood? I am not understanding. shocked

Yes because of desert encroachment in Borno
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by AkinPhysicist: 5:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
idupaul:

Yes because of desert encroachment in Borno
okay - environmental preservation. I see. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by napoleon77(m): 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2017
Illegal operator of motor parks
• Patent medicine stores
• Baby factories
Brothels
• Sales of alcohol
Illicit drugs
• Use of shanties and illegal structures
• Charcoal and firewood
• Use of wrong plate number or unregistered vehicles

How can you ban what is already illegal, wrong, unregistered or illicit?

Soon we would be told that armed robbery, murder and rape have been banned!!

3 Likes

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by lord3plex(m): 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
arewaboy01:
we'll still gt high on our Grass
lol
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Dailyfavour(m): 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
All these are some of the conditions needed to get Saudi Arabia salafis gov't financial support. ..

More of the sharia rules are coming

Is there any law that lasted one month in Nigeria? it's just noise and cheap attention
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by NotComplaining: 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
MrAJQ:

http://www.channelstv.com/2017/01/12/borno-government-bans-sale-consumption-of-alcohol/

Which constitution regulates the army? And why should the army be allowed to use illicit substances and patronize prostitutes?

Borno is just creating the next saga in the Boko haram series.

Northerners and using Sharia to subjugate the poor like p's and q's.

There is a distinct difference between one who believes in Islam and one who uses Islam, the latter being a criminal.

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by brightalo17: 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
ALTERNATEID:
Prostitution is illegal and that's understandable. But stopping people from selling and consumption of alcohol is illegal and a breach of the fundamental human right of the people who desire to sell and consume alcohol. The prohibition should be challenged before a court of competent jurisdiction.
Under which Constitution
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by DonCortino: 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
All of u are just talking about alcohol and prostitutes. What of firewood and charcoal? How will d poor in d state cope mind u kerosene is about 400 per litre.

3 Likes

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by salbis(m): 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
Justdulla:

Is it APC or MIYETTI that fayose answers to?
He answers to his people and the Federal Government that allocates resources to him.
In Nigeria if tou wana take everyones opinion into consideration, you will use 4 years to settle dispute.
He is not answerable to both.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by dazlingpamela(f): 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
That's insensitive
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by matrixme(m): 5:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
Meanwhile this is the state worst hit by Boko Haram that needs serious efforts at rebuilding. Instead of making the place more attractive to potential investors, they keep banning this and that.

2 Likes

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by tillaman(m): 5:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
So you are saying liquor is bad, we know prostitution isn't cool, buh liquor?? You Wrong
Justdulla:

They banned sale of alcohol, they didn't say you cant drink it but they banned it.
They banned prostitution as well, you can engage in it but they say they dont want in their state.
Nigeria is secular we agree but who has alcohol or prostitution helped lately
What is wrong is wrong and every state government has a say to how things are being run in their territory cos if any social vice escalates via this, the same people will come here to ti criticize the government for not being proactive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
salbis:
He is not answerable to both.
so who then is he answerable to?
Who voted him into power?
Who validates his leadership and allocates resources so that he can run his state??
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by bleskid: 5:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
mengho:
Hehehe, gud, I remember when I went to low-cost near Giwa barack, the shops are just full of star, Hynessy, Gulder & gunnes. it was even hard for me to get common malt drink
abi
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Donopsiano(m): 5:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
more money for black marketers grin
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by HAH: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ironically the Governor and from rumours the commissioner of justice take Alcohol
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by DeMarvelConsult: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
Milonis:

Sahel Guest Inn is still operating, I don't know who they are lying to

Did you read to see the date given? I don't think we have passed 20th of January expect am lost then please correct me
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
tillaman:
So you are saying liquor is bad, we know prostitution isn't cool, buh liquor?? You Wrong
Liquor Advantages:Nil
Liquor Disadvantages:Get high
Hang over
Drunk driving
carelessness
Health issues
et al. These are some of the harms that liquor may cause to an individual. Being tipsy is a no no for me.. i dont see anything wrong with the government banning it afterall they are not like Kano that goes behind to receive tax for liquor consumption, but still dey placed a ban on it.

2 Likes

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
wat of ban of bet9ja shop also in borno abi na kuk ban everytin dere tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
Please what has firewood and charcoal have to do with Islam?
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
DeMarvelConsult:

Did you read to see the date given? I don't think we have passed 20th of January expect am lost then please correct me
It's still 12th...my point is this: this isn't the first time such has been said
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by HomeOfMe(f): 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2017
MrAJQ:

http://www.channelstv.com/2017/01/12/borno-government-bans-sale-consumption-of-alcohol/
They want to chase Guinness and nigerian breweries off to ghana,Angola and other secular african countries.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Deicide: 5:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
Who said Nigeria is a Secular country?? Yes to Us living in The country we might consider it as a secular country but to the Outside world Nigeria is seen as An Islamic Country. You can check Wikipedia to confirm..
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by eflintsone(m): 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
I dnt get dis drugs nf alcohol part ..my stay in borno frm 2008 to 2014 ... Sales of alcohol have always been banned ... We only get to buy alcohol frm barracks, its been like dah for ages, dunno were dis present ban is coming frm mehn

2 Likes

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Jime88: 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
Good develop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Chasing Voters Away In Enugu State During The Announcement Of Results / Traditional Ruler, Emeka, Reacts To Video Of Nnamdi Kanu And Wife In Bed / President Buhari's Message To Nigerians On 2023 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.