Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood (36991 Views)

Borno Government Set To Demolish Brothels And Illegal Beer Parlours(photos) / Sambisa Forest As Tourist Centre As Nigerian Army & Borno Government Collaborate / Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
Emekamex:

If various states can have their own laws, why was Fayose condemned by the north and some APC folks for banning grazing?
It is therefore clear to say that each state should be allowed to make and implement its own laws regardless the feelings of other citizens in different regions.

You can enact any law you want so long as it doesn't impinge on my constitutional rights as a Nigerian. Grazing is different because the herdsmen encroach on private land. Your right to free movement does as enshrined in the constitution does not grant you free movement onto another man's property. No state govt has the right to ban a non-muslim from drinking alchohol anywhere in Nigeria, the most you can do is ban the sale. As far as muslims, they already have sharia law so this law is a bit pointless. .
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
ALTERNATEID:
Prostitution is illegal and that's understandable. But stopping people from selling and consumption of alcohol is illegal and a breach of the fundamental human right of the people who desire to sell and consume alcohol. The prohibition should be challenged before a court of competent jurisdiction.
Open a shop in ur state where india hemp and cocaine is sold since its no violation of anybdy's human rights.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by mengho(m): 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
idupaul:

Which one did you eventually drink?
Malt ofcourse, anything alcoholic is no gud

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by DeMarvelConsult: 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
Milonis:

It's still 12th...my point is this: this isn't the first time such has been said

Ok your point is noted but check the news again it says from 20th January 2017
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by idupaul: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
mengho:

Malt ofcourse, anything alcoholic is no gud

Are you a Muslim?
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Enyimbamercedes: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
They should also ban codeine and sales of glue and seal up all gutters. They ban alcohol then proceed to get high on every other substance you can think of. Ban brothels but they have the highest rate of sodomy.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by vincentcena22: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
This is madness
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by samazagudu(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
how can this govt banned selling of charcoal and fire wood. this man want to engaged youth in bokoharam activities.

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Goahead(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
Saudi wahhabis enacting laws in the north... Nothing less sad
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by eflintsone(m): 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
mengho:
Hehehe, gud, I remember when I went to low-cost near Giwa barack, the shops are just full of star, Hynessy, Gulder & gunnes. it was even hard for me to get common malt drink
dat na barracks area na.. Na der i dey go drink frm my jiddari area
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by alezzy13: 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
most people dont know owning a brothel is illegal in EVERY state in Nigeria.

Question: why are those well known brothels--you know their names--allowed to operate with full impunity?
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by erico2k2(m): 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
Emekamex:

If various states can have their own laws, why was Fayose condemned by the north and some APC folks for banning grazing?
It is therefore clear to say that each state should be allowed to make and implement its own laws regardless the feelings of other citizens in different regions.
WEll I think it is wrong, this is religion getting in the way of democracy.check all the countries with these laws,the have no election.You can not force your religion or way of life on others, so if I was not religious and from same state why can I not sell and consume alcohol??
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by OBAGADAFFI: 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
Any state that bans Alcohol should exempted from the Revenue generated from Breweries and Tobacco companies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by sizzlers(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
WHERE R DE Bleep GIVERS

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by erico2k2(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
vodutive:

You can enact any law you want so long as it doesn't impinge on my constitutional rights as a Nigerian. Grazing is different because the herdsmen encroach on private land. Your right to free movement does as enshrined in the constitution does not grant you free movement onto another man's property. No state govt has the right to ban a non-muslim from drinking alcohol anywhere in Nigeria, the most you can do is ban the sale. As far as muslims, they already have sharia law so this law is a bit pointless. .
Well said, These guys do not know we have our own fundamental human right which is enshrined into the Nigerian constitution that over sees all law made.This would be thrown out of court if taken upon.They should just stick to sharia law, if they dont wanna drink alcohol so be it but allow others who want to do so.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by curvilicious: 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mammy market pple don happy o
Army go beat civilians/gentlemen taya
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by queencalipso(f): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
Why is everyone talking only of alcohol and prostitution, no one is talking about charcoal and firewood. How will the poor masses there cope? Kerosene is #400 per litter.

This govt is the most useless of all, misplaced priorities every where beggining with the commander in chief.

Anyway, the ban on firewood and charcoal will not hold even for a day.

Elrufai tried it in kaduna, when blues change to regea no be person tell am mk him unbanned.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by galaxy2020(m): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hmmmm.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Blue3k(m): 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
queencalipso:
Why is everyone talking only of alcohol and prostitution, no one is talking about charcoal and firewood. How will the poor masses there cope? Kerosene is #400 per litter.

This govt is the most useless of all, misplaced priorities every where beggining with the commander in chief.

Elrufai tried it in kaduna, when blues change to regea no be person tell am mk him unbanned.

We didn't catch that. Make a separate topic about it.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
erico2k2:

Well said, These guys do not know we have our own fundamental human right which is enshrined into the Nigerian constitution that over sees all law made.This would be thrown out of court if taken upon.They should just stick to sharia law, if they dont wanna drink alcohol so be it but allow others who want to do so.

I'm not a lawyer but I'm not even sure constitutionally they can ban the sale of alchohol.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by iukpe: 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
Down south everything is OK.
Alcohol, street women, brothels, night clubs, illegal motor parks, mushroom churches and mosques.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
Blue3k:
Prostitution legal before? Alcohol sale banned oh well. Please bann yourself from collecting vat from alcoholic beverages as well.
I got you there on VAT grin
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by LoveJesus87(m): 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
You for try ban am for military barracks em na make dem put u back for ur place grin
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Arsasee(m): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
Justdulla:

They banned sale of alcohol, they didn't say you cant drink it but they banned it.
They banned prostitution as well, you can engage in it but they say they dont want in their state.
Nigeria is secular we agree but who has alcohol or prostitution helped lately
What is wrong is wrong and every state government has a say to how things are being run in their territory cos if any social vice escalates via this, the same people will come here to ti criticize the government for not being proactive.

I can see you are a chronic hypocrite. Why not support the ban of female child sex abuse you paedophile, and also dissociate totally from enjoying revenue generated from Alcohol since what is wrong is wrong Spit
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by ALTERNATEID: 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
Open a shop in ur state where india hemp and cocaine is sold since its no violation of anybdy's human rights.

Indian hemp is a banned substance, alcohol is not.

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by omolakaka(m): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
lacking idea? meet people like Ambode
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Blue3k(m): 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
Arsasee:

I can see you are a chronic hypocrite. Why not support the ban of female child sex abuse you paedophile, and also dissociate totally from enjoying revenue generated from Al ohol since what is wrong is wrong Spit

Is sex abuse illegal? I believe it's called sexual assult and rape.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
Any state that bans Alcohol should exempted from the Revenue generated from Breweries and Tobacco companies.
I pray oh but such policy wouldn't work
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by suyamasta(m): 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
This Borno governor is just a big fowl! brainless decision
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
queencalipso:

If he wants to firewood and charcoal, he should be ready to provide cheaper alternatives for the poor Masses. If he bans alcohol then the state shouldn't have share in VAT since they're enjoying other states sweat especially vat on alcoholic drinks. That's the way it's, you scratch my back I scratch yours
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
DeMarvelConsult:

Ok your point is noted but check the news again it says from 20th January 2017

In other words, we should give them a chance?
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
bastarrds why ban charcoal and firewood? as poor as that state is they want their poor to start buying kerosene they cant afford.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NSCDC Officer Joins In Looting Of Palliatives / #EndSARS: Emmanuel Iloanya Testifies At Judicial Panel Of Inquiry / Traditional Ruler, Emeka, Reacts To Video Of Nnamdi Kanu And Wife In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.