Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood (36997 Views)

Borno Government Set To Demolish Brothels And Illegal Beer Parlours(photos) / Sambisa Forest As Tourist Centre As Nigerian Army & Borno Government Collaborate / Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by 1Dray(m): 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
Even firewood? I guess they will have to make sure they provide the financial needs of those in the IDP camps especially in Monguno, where the major occupation of the men there is fetching firewood and selling them for money.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Ghost447(m): 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
mengho:
Hehehe, gud, I remember when I went to low-cost near Giwa barack, the shops are just full of star, Hynessy, Gulder & gunnes. it was even hard for me to get common malt drink
Who will buy Hennessy in that place you mentioned?; oh, you said "Hynessy" actually. Well done!
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by DeMarvelConsult: 6:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
Milonis:

In other words, we should give them a chance?

Probably, because we all know that state has been under attack for years now and they have specific reasons for such decisions. It might have to work this time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by erico2k2(m): 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
vodutive:

I'm not a lawyer but I'm not even sure constitutionally they can ban the sale of alchohol.
Yeh, I dont think so too, they can control where it is being consumed ie in public, times it is sold, whom it is sold to.SOme councils in teh UK have similar laws where the consumption is banned in certain areas.But there are clear signage to enfoce these.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by sevenhundred(m): 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
Justdulla:

They banned sale of alcohol, they didn't say you cant drink it but they banned it.
They banned prostitution as well, you can engage in it but they say they dont want in their state.
Nigeria is secular we agree but who has alcohol or prostitution helped lately
What is wrong is wrong and every state government has a say to how things are being run in their territory cos if any social vice escalates via this, the same people will come here to ti criticize the government for not being proactive.
GOOD they should stop the vat also.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by queencalipso(f): 6:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
Blue3k:

We didn't catch that. Make a separate topic about it.

I won't make a separate topic about it bcz they are listed in this same article. Oh! You didn't read the article, you just followed with the comments.

Follow follow tongue
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by queencalipso(f): 6:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

If he wants to firewood and charcoal, he should be ready to provide cheaper alternatives for the poor Masses. If he bans alcohol then the state shouldn't have share in VAT since they're enjoying other states sweat especially vat on alcoholic drinks. That's the way it's, you scratch my back I scratch yours

Well said bro
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Blue3k(m): 6:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
queencalipso:

I won't make a separate topic about it bcz they are listed in this same article. Oh! You didn't read the article, you just followed with the comments.

Follow follow tongue

He didn't post whole story the first time. He added later it after he edited it. That's why first page is about alcohol and brothels. Second how did I follow comments when I'm first to respond to post. Trying to sound smart without knowing whole story.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by GodShowmemercy(f): 6:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
Y ve d ban firewood and charcoal?
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
Emekamex:

If various states can have their own laws, why was Fayose condemned by the north and some APC folks for banning grazing?
It is therefore clear to say that each state should be allowed to make and implement its own laws regardless the feelings of other citizens in different regions.
And that's the restructuring and true federalism we are talking about including resource control.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by queencalipso(f): 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
Blue3k:

He didn't post whole story the first time. He added later it after he edited it. That's why first page is about alcohol and brothels. Second how did I follow comments when I'm first to respond to post. Trying to sound smart without knowing whole story.

Well, I didn't note of you being first to respond as I don't take note of people's moniker. I only noticed your mention of me.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by grandstar(m): 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
DDeliverer:
I thought Nigeria is a secular state...cos I'm not understanding what alcohol has got to do with anything.

The state is even 40% " Christian"

Arab countries where they have Christian minorities, alcohol is legal such as Iraq, Lebanon, Syria
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by NemzySeries(m): 7:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
doctokwus:
Is a man marrying @least 4wives not a form of prostitution?
Hypocrites.The highest percentage of gays and prostitutes loving men are in the North,and they are mostly amongts the élites there who dont seem to control their obsession with male buttholes.
Shameless hypocrites that do horrible things behind the religion they cover themselves with.
Epic..... may ur balls neva run dry
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
Milonis:

Actively operating! (if there's anything like that). I don't know if you know anything about Maiduguri city but all the popular 'red light' districts are if anything bubbling the more.
My hatred for the media is only increasing

Oga they said till January 20
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Lastborn12(m): 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2017
mengho:
Hehehe, gud, I remember when I went to low-cost near Giwa barack, the shops are just full of star, Hynessy, Gulder & gunnes. it was even hard for me to get common malt drink

The last time I checked is only Federal low cost near physical CHEZ-CORN.
And Shagari low cost near Maimalari barracks so which low cost again dea near Giwa barracks?
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by segola7(m): 7:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
enjoy urslf with this
74.years old grandma spoted in nysc outfit.
click to view
http://betternewsblog.com/2017/01/11/betternewsblog-pic-week74-years-old-grandma-nysc-outfit/
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Thedrebaba: 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
If this is true, it's a war against Christians
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Ajikobi1: 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
This is nice.... Kudos to BSG
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
ALTERNATEID:

Indian hemp is a banned substance, alcohol is not.
And now it is banned.
Can u tell why indian hemp shud be banned and not alcohol.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by mengho(m): 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
Lastborn12:

The last time I checked is only Federal low cost near physical CHEZ-CORN.
And Shagari low cost near Maimalari barracks so which low cost again dea near Giwa barracks?

yap dats the one, Maimalari & besides whats with you & chez corn, u dey go clubbing 4 dat area ne, is that club even still working, pls enlighten us
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by yedidiah(m): 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
This has never stopped the consumption of alcohol, use of drugs or patronage of prostitutes in the North.

Ai mun San yan da Ana yi ta.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by mengho(m): 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2017
idupaul:

Are you a Muslim?
Tambaya kake ku neman sane, didn't my profile answer dat
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by nwakibie3(m): 8:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
shocked charcoal and firewood? I am not understanding. shocked

Even me sef
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by nnamdismart25(m): 8:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
please forgive my ignorance oh, but why the ban on charcoal and firewood na
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by idupaul: 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
mengho:

Tambaya kake ku neman sane, didn't my profile answer dat

Sorry I never check people's profiles ..My bad..have a great day
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by ALTERNATEID: 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
And now it is banned.
Can u tell why indian hemp shud be banned and not alcohol.

Indian hemp is a hard drug that can lead to mental instability when abused. Alcohol is just a recreational drink that will make you trendy. They are different.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by NaMeAboki: 8:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
Emekamex:

If various states can have their own laws, why was Fayose condemned by the north and some APC folks for banning grazing?
It is therefore clear to say that each state should be allowed to make and implement its own laws regardless the feelings of other citizens in different regions.

Has it ever occurred to you that, that is exactly the reason why every state has its own House of Assembly: to make its own laws according to the needs and interest of its citizens; as long as such laws do not clash with the constitution or Federal laws.

Has it ever occurred to you that any state, region or country that experienced war (such as Borno State) is considerably vulnerable to moral decay and dislocation e.g. prostitution, drugs, crimes of violence etc?

Do you also know that Borno is currently being inundated with fake medicinal drugs; while above mentioned vices are already rearing their heads?
What the government is trying to do is to nip the problem in the bud before it gets out of hand.

Do you also know that at one time many of the states in the USA banned alcohol for similar reasons - google prohibition in the USA?

For example: Nigeria never had a significant problem of armed robbery until after the civil war; suddenly civilians including ex-fighters began to have access to the surplus weapons from the war and many particularly from the SE took to armed robbery - a problem which it has remained with that region ever since.

Pls try to be object and allow sentiments to unduly influence your judgement.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Chilug(m): 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
Here in Makurdi. Benue state that is, we don't have brothel. That's old fashioned and dirty plus disgusting
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by NaMeAboki: 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
Emekamex:

Has it ever occurred to you that, that is exactly the reason why every state has its own House of Assembly: to make its own laws according to the needs and interest of its citizens; as long as such laws do not clash with the constitution or Federal laws.

Has it ever occurred to you that any state, region or country that experienced war (such as Borno State) is considerably vulnerable to moral decay and dislocation e.g. prostitution, drugs, crimes of violence etc?

Do you also know that Borno is currently being inundated with fake medicinal drugs; while above mentioned vices are already rearing their heads?
What the government is trying to do is to nip the problem in the bud before it gets out of hand.

Do you also know that at one time many of the states in the USA banned alcohol for similar reasons - google prohibition in the USA?

For example: Nigeria never had a significant problem of armed robbery until after the civil war; suddenly civilians including ex-fighters began to have access to the surplus weapons from the war and many particularly from the SE took to armed robbery - a problem which it has remained with that region ever since.

Pls try to be object and not allow sentiments to unduly influence your judgement.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Blue3k(m): 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Sorry have to nit pick. No state has banned alcohol sale or consumption. There has been a few counties that have banned sale. Prohibition on Federal and state level ended badly. Led to creation of mafia bootleggers.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dry_communities_by_U.S._state

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Boss347(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
MrAJQ:

http://www.channelstv.com/2017/01/12/borno-government-bans-sale-consumption-of-alcohol/

Boko Haram wants sharia, bornu helping them to implement the sharia law before hand. Who are they all deceiving?
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Topccy007: 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
Milonis:

They are bunch of hypocrites. In Maiduguri there's a bubbling night-stripper-adult club called 'Sahel' and it's still operating
Yeah we rocked Sahel well. Thanks for reminding me of this bro....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#PMBFailuresAt2 Trending On Twitter As Nigerians Rate President Buhari / FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair / Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.