Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

How Do I Format Nokia 6600 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Format Nokia 6600 (2653 Views)

6600 Cant Download Wit Opera Mini.opera's File Manager Doesnt Show The Phone & Mmc Folders(c:/ & / Opera 2.00 And 2.06 Has Refused To Download On Nokia 6600 ::::help Needed! / My 6600 Keeps Turning Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by tonitone1(m): 2:41am On Jan 13, 2007
Hi

Any one know the code to use to re format 6600?, mine got this virus, 4got the name now, u know when it boots, it comes on it, and i have lots of stuff and contacts on it, but i cld easily copy that to my laptop.

so if any one knows the format code or how to format and make it work better, cos' now the battery power does not last due to this problem

thks
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by hayprof(m): 3:29am On Jan 13, 2007
U can only Format the Memory card, jst go to memory card under Organizer and u will see the format option what u can do to the phone is to do a reset to factory settings. that shuld be somewhere in the settings but ur data stays intact.

-I av tried to format my 3250 too but after going thru the manual i discovered that only a reset can be done. MAKE SURE U BACK UP UR DATA 1st wink
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by tonitone1(m): 12:11am On Jan 14, 2007
Thks haprof

is the reset to factory code that i actually need, but its not as simple as usuggest, i was informed that a reset code do exist
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by joraelly4g(m): 12:31am On Jan 14, 2007
This is the code [color=#990000]< *#7780# >[/[/b]color]
Try to download Anticon-worrior anti-virus. If u need it contact me at [b]joraelly@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by hayprof(m): 3:14am On Jan 14, 2007
i was informed that a reset code do exist
All I know is dat ur phone ask for ur lock code to initialized the reset. Failure to provide a Correct code, that means no reset for u
The factory lock code is 12345 thats if uve not changed it smiley
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by Mikados(m): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2007
*#7780# is a minor reset. Type *#7370# 4 a hard reset to completely format d phone memory. If prompt 4 lock code after typin code 4lo hayprofs advice.
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by hayprof(m): 2:47pm On Jan 14, 2007
Type *#7370# 4 a hard reset to completely format d phone memory
-I see! i shuld try that myself wink
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by tonitone1(m): 1:16am On Jan 15, 2007
@hayprof & Mikados

thanks i will try them, but i will ensure i back up all data to my pc. if successful, i'll feed u guys back
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by tonitone1(m): 1:18am On Jan 15, 2007
@ jorally4g

thks a million for the codes, but is your anti virus software for sale?
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by Mikados(m): 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2007
Toni tone, did d code work? U did not state.
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by hayprof(m): 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2007
but i will ensure i back up all data to my pc.

-Dont bother doing dat & come back here to tell us uve lost ur entire phone data cheesy wink
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by joraelly4g(m): 1:11am On Jan 16, 2007
No Probs Bro. I have a new code for you (soft reset-*#7780#)(hard reset-*#7370#) Default code is 12345 . pls before doing any of this reset,remove your MMC
You can Download the antivirus at www.cracking.to.
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by tonitone1(m): 2:58am On Jan 16, 2007
@mikados
Toni tone, did d code work? U did not state.

i have not tried the code yet, i gave the phone to my wife, while i now use a 9300, she ask me to give her some time, when she's ready i'll transfer useful data to my laptop and apply the codes(i can't wait to try it, i am very adventurous)

thks all for the codes, if successful i'll come back to the house, but if it fails and i lose the phone, Hmm then i need to replace madam's phone or else tongue me,,u know women!1
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by Neoteny(m): 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2007
well all the codes given above only serve to reset the phone to default settings/factory settings. it does not really wipe out pieces of malicious code which persist in the system safely hidden. to completely format your phone and wipe out all traces of malware, do the following:
1. switch off the phone
2. press and hold the following buttons- 3, green call key, *(asterisk)
3. while still holding down these keys, switch the phone on.
4. the word 'formatting' will appear onscreen. wait about 5-10 mins. your phone will restart, good as new but this hardformatting wipes out all data in the phone memory. be advised that even if you installed your apps in mmc and removed it prior to formatting,most of those apps will malfunction. why? because the stupid symbian installer will place bits of app components (mostly .ini files) in c/sytem/apps, ie the phone memory. thus, hard resetting wipes off these initialization files and render most apps that call them useless. my suggesstion: reinstall the apps all over, as backing up the phone and restoring after formatting stands the risk of reinserting the virus BACK into the phone. also, this formatting takes care of most software glitches, and works for all nokia symbian fones. for the sendo x smartphone you just switch off, press and hold 5, and switch on.

hope this helps, and cheers.
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by tonitone1(m): 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2007
@Neoteny

your codes are the best, a good friend of mine once gave me this ur code a year ago, according to him he used it succesfully to format his 6600, along the line i lost the code, but now that u've reminded me i'll go ahead and try it, hoping it works
i'll get back, just want to be sure all data are copied
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by beckybabes: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2007
Hi, my sister has bought her BF a nokia 6600 off ebay. Its working fine but things seem weird on it and after trying to format the memory card its now NOT recognising the memory card. Could you please tel me if theres any way i can restore the phone back to its original factory settings from how it was ORIGINALLY.  If I take it to a shop it will cost around £30 same as what the phone cost lol. Please can you help x
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by hayprof(m): 12:30am On Jan 23, 2007
beckybabes:

Hi, my sister has bought her BF a nokia 6600 off ebay. Its working fine but things seem weird on it and after trying to format the memory card its now NOT recognising the memory card. Could you please tel me if theres any way i can restore the phone back to its original factory settings from how it was ORIGINALLY. If I take it to a shop it will cost around £30 same as what the phone cost lol. Please can you help x

I think wot actually happened to d memory card not being recognised is dat there r some apps dat d phone needs to confirm and set them up and runnig but since uv formatted d Card. U Will av to do same to the phone,Then u r good to go undecided wink

I mean do a Hard reset for the phone. cool
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by beckybabes: 12:38am On Jan 23, 2007
OK the fone is working fine i also formatted the memory card again and its all working now. It didnt have any applications on it anyway only alot of games so we deleted them. Thanks x
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by nadico(m): 1:35pm On Feb 19, 2007
can anyone please tell me what to do.my 6600 loses MTN service at random.i ve tried resetting it back to factory settings,but the problem persists.
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by ewons1(m): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2007
HELLO NEOTENY,
just wanna specially thank u 4 ur solution on re-formatting phones.
BOY d stuff worked 4 my send-x just like that.my set is now back 2 life.
and guess what,my baby'S PIX is now gracing the front of my screen.(laughs)
thanks 2 u.
ciao-ciao
Re: How Do I Format Nokia 6600 by jackpotnumber: 7:29am On Dec 14, 2013
toni tone: Hi

Any one know the code to use to re format 6600?, mine got this virus, 4got the name now, u know when it boots, it comes on it, and i have lots of stuff and contacts on it, but i cld easily copy that to my laptop.

so if any one knows the format code or how to format and make it work better, cos' now the battery power does not last due to this problem

thks

To format your Nokia 6600 do the following steps.
Step 1: Backup your contacts
Step 2: Backup your all SMS and Multimedia messages,Photos and other necessary information.
Step 3:Master reset the phone.
To master reset you can approach Unlocking4free.com where they provide the master rest service for free.

(1) (Reply)

About To Buy A Tablet / How To Change Imei Of Stubborn MTK Android Phones With Chamelephon / Camon X Pro Camera Vs Camon CX Camera: Which Is D True Selfie King?(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.