Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

My 6600 Keeps Turning Off - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My 6600 Keeps Turning Off (5550 Views)

My GPS Keeps Turning On Automatically After Turning It Off. / Turn Off Whatsapp Without Turning-off Data On Your Symbian And Java Phones / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by Kave(m): 4:54pm On Apr 01, 2006
Hey pple pls help me out.Recently my phone has been turning off by itsef.
I suspect its because i use it to brows always. Has ur phone acted like that b4?
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by Oracle(m): 1:56am On Apr 03, 2006
well i don't know or can't say what the cause is
but Gbenga just spoke about a nokia 6600 he intends to sell so if u interested please go for it
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-9542.0.html
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by jones007(m): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2006
i had that problem ones with mine. what u do is to avoid running too many softwares at the same time. to check softwares running on ur phone at a particular time,hold down the menu botton then select and close only leave the telephone application. then do not browse for a long time cos ur phone will simply time itself out by going off when u browse that long. this happens if u did not save the wap settings sent to u by the service provider properly. try these first if it d not work then u ll have to flash ur phone or get a new battery it might be a virus problem.
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by Kave(m): 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2006
I tink its a viral problem cos i dont have an antivirus
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by wormedup(m): 2:29pm On Apr 04, 2006
u can alwasy do a soft format of your phone memory.
this will reset your phone memory to the way it comes from the factory.

But before u soft-format your phone, here a a list of things u have to do

1. make a full back up of your phone memory to a pc. u can do that with nokia's pc suite, it work over bluetooth and/or infrared connections.

2. make sure your phone's battery is fully charged.

3. remove your memory card if u don't want to format it.

when u've done all of the above just punch in the codes " *#7370# " without the quotation marks, and follow instructions.

works fine.

cheers.
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by lobinetech: 1:09am On Aug 14, 2006
your phone is infected with multi viruses which will destroy it.I can get this viruses off your phone if you will be willing to pay a norminal fee.contact me on 08027182909 and lets talk or mail lobinetech@yahoo.co.uk
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by Neoteny(m): 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2006
@the guy above

thats not the essence of a forum, asking for money. besides, theres no symbian virus that restarts the fone as its primary attack. the nearest is caribe which rapidly drains batteries but it does not restart. then theres doomboot which prevents the fone from booting once its down. but formating/resetting wipes them all clean. i dont suspect u have a resident virus causing this, most likely its a software glitch but if indeed its a virus just format the fone as most of the so-called antivirus apps for fones are rubbish anyway. their definitions files are way out of date.
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by larry007(m): 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2006
hello
Neotony, I diasagree with point u just made that symbian virusse don't restart phones Please when u are posting in the room use facts, Have you heard of commwarrior
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 14, 2006
Larry007 iz right

I don't think Neotony has encountered the commwarrior virus. My phone (nokia ngage qd) hd it once and i tell u it was a very upleasant experience. It got the Q-variant of the virus (commwarrior has a lot of variants and the Q-variant is the latest one). Men, that virus is a pain in the neck.

Here is what it does:

Once it gets into your phone
1. It reboots your phone
2. You now see a logo "MATRIX HAS YOU COMMWARRIOR INSIDE" where u r supposed to be seeing your operator's logo eg. glo, mtn
3. Then it copies itself to strategic files througout your phone's internal memory and even memory card.
4. Now it sends infected .sis files of itself to other bluetooth enabled device in range.
5. It then goes through your address book and sends infected .sis files at random via mms to your contacts.
6. It even replies sms messages sent to you or those you send to others with an mms containing an infected .sis file of itself

In fact that commwarrior of a thing does a lot of baaaad stuff to your phone. You can read more about the virus on this site http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/commwarrior_q.shtml . I got over the virus by flashing my phone. Unfortunately I lost my phone some days ago.
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by Neoteny(m): 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2006
commwarrior IS NOT A VIRUS, ITS A WORM much like a mass email worm that attempts to send copies of itself. for a virus to restart a fone it must have threads running that can shut down the SYSTEMAMS ({101f96c}0001, id:29) as well as the third MAIN process running from the z(or rom) drive. commwarrior DOES NOT have access to system watcher threads from that drive thanks to the WATCHERMAIN thread and SYSTEMMOb which all have a process priority of 350 and handle count of two. commwarrior, whatever variant, cannot have a process priority close to even 300 because SECURITY OBSERVER thread (even though its unprotected) does not allow any process that has access to cbs or connection monitor(CONNMONEXE) to have priority of more than 250. and commwarrior needs those conn threads to initiate its mms/BT attack.

look, i research and sometimes write viruses in VB and though im just starting coding C++ viruses, im deeply into the symbian OS platform to know commwarrior cant restart a fone (yet). all it does is to attempt to send itself via the bluetooth connection or mms, and mostly it succeeds via bluetooth because of an implementation error in the bluetooth stack of earlier s60 fones, the same flaw that makes possible bluesnarfing attacks on certain fones. if u want i can give you what u may consider the stack "window" of this flaw so u can design ur own bloover if u r so inclined.

the deadliest virus ive seen so far is doomboot and commwarrior B working togetjher in cocktail mix to drain ur bateries and prevent u from booting, but thats only cos doomboot runs a process at startup that shuts down the unprotected security observer thread so that a secondary thread prevents MAIN thread (phone, id:103) from running. thus, no booting!!
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by Douzy(m): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2006
Well, my brand new Nokia 6680 restarts sometimes when I'm fiddling with it (doesn't restart when left alone. . . lol). I suspect memory or battery problem. The internal memory is only 9mb and I'm still using the supplied 64mb MMC (too small for a power user of my type). I hope to get a bigger MMC (say 512mb, like I had on my 6600), but for now, the internal memory still has about 3mb and the MMC about 1mb free. The piece has the latest firmware on Nokia website, though I had to flash it myself to be sure. I took it to the seller today, but he replaced the battery and asked me to bring it back tomorrow for a replacement if the problem continues. I haven't fiddle much with it today since then. I just pray and hope it doesn't restart again.
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by zuvay313: 4:45am On Sep 03, 2009
i have the problem i try *#7370# and the *+3+call+power but seen does not work when i turn on my phone after few mins. not morethan 5 min. it just turn off itself i try get my mmc to my phone but still turning off, and i don't think is the battery. tell me whats the problem w/my phone. and where and WHAT IS THE BEST antivirus for nokia 6600 i brought my phone year 2004 i think i got the first batch model. pls. help me, i don't know what really happen to my phone.

jsbbersabal@yahoo.com
that my email u can reach me there i wish someone can help me
i thank nairaland.
Re: My 6600 Keeps Turning Off by Wayne4uall(m): 6:53am On Sep 04, 2009
Na wa o dis is my frist time of seeing dis frum on dis site, anyway, about ur fone dat offs, wat u have to do is find a small paper and give ur batt a good pack and it will not off again, about d virus, can u belive dat i have commwarior inside matrix have, on my fone b4, i even open a forum 4 it dat i did not know d meaning and my fone use to send masg via bluetooth without sending gud thing, it will be sending, SEX mp3, when i format my fone and i insert my mmc it start sending again, with out opening d browser, it will be connecting by it self but now i don sell my mmc so my fone is free 4rm send mgs, pls guys help me i hope if i buy another mmc i mean new one, it will not be sending again

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Mobile Week Has Started Buy Phone @ 50% Off Cool Price / Airtel Smart TRYBE Night Plan / List Of All 4G LTE Band Frequencies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.