Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

How Do I Configure An IP Address For The Management Interface Of A Switch? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Configure An IP Address For The Management Interface Of A Switch? (1530 Views)

How To Hide Your IP Address And Prevent Being Tracked Down Or Monitored / How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? / Who Can Change My Laptop's IP Address To That Of China? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Configure An IP Address For The Management Interface Of A Switch? by honesorry: 7:54am On Jan 13, 2017
Configure an IP Address for the Management Interface of a Switch
The management interface is a Layer 3 interface that can be configured with an IP address. To configure an IP address for the management interface, run the following commands:
<HUAWEI> system-view
[HUAWEI] interface meth 0/0/1
[HUAWEI-MEth0/0/1] ip address 192.168.1.2 24
[HUAWEI-MEth0/0/1] NOTE:
Only some switch models have management interfaces. On these switch models, other physical interfaces cannot be configured with IP addresses.
Re: How Do I Configure An IP Address For The Management Interface Of A Switch? by Yoshy: 8:36am On Jan 13, 2017
honesorry:
Configure an IP Address for the Management Interface of a Switch
The management interface is a Layer 3 interface that can be configured with an IP address. To configure an IP address for the management interface, run the following commands:
<HUAWEI> system-view
[HUAWEI] interface meth 0/0/1
[HUAWEI-MEth0/0/1] ip address 192.168.1.2 24
[HUAWEI-MEth0/0/1] NOTE:
Only some switch models have management interfaces. On these switch models, other physical interfaces cannot be configured with IP addresses.
unless u are talking about hybrid switches, switch ports/interfaces cannot be assigned an IP address. In case of the former, you can do that by logging into the device and change the settings and (or) use the device manual. Let me know how it goes.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD OUT Uk Used Dell Vostro 15, Core I5 (5th Gen), 500 Hard Drive, 4gb Ram @65k / Sold **New Alienware 17 R5 17.3-inch FHD Laptop Intel Core I7 8th Gen / How To Find Out Which Flash Drives Have Been Used On Your Computer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.