Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,465 members, 7,864,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian (3690 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Top 10 Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by PastorAIO: 11:33am On Nov 28, 2009
I discovered recently that there were 2 Dionysus' from Areopagus. The one whom paul converted in Athens and then the 5th century philosopher. Obviously being separated by a good 400 years means that they could not have been the same person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudo-Dionysius_the_Areopagite
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2009
bawomolo:

Another question, why do you refer to this "first cause" as "him".  where did your knowledge of god's gender come from? 

Does the first cause have to be a man?

We use "him" only for convenience. It could be she or it.

But if you actually reflect closely, you might relize that light is a positive element, as opposed to darkness. The Masculine is a positive element (forward, thrusting) and the feminine negative - (recessive, receiving) and for this reason "somethingness" is postive and masculine, as oppossed to "nothingness" which is recessive and femine.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by bawomolo(m): 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2009
Deep Sight:

We use "him" only for convenience. It could be she or it.

But if you actually reflect closely, you might relize that light is a positive element, as opposed to darkness. The Masculine is a positive element (forward, thrusting) and the feminine negative - (recessive, receiving) and for this reason "somethingness" is postive and masculine, as oppossed to "nothingness" which is recessive and femine.

Why does femininity have to be associated with nothingness but masculinity with somethingness? I find that strange.

Using "him" for God seems to be an attempt to attach masculine characteristics to God. Also a way to support sentiments such as the man being considered the head of an household.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2009
^^^ Remember that i said that personally i use "him" only as per convenience. It could be "she" or "it" i repeat.

Indeed years back when i was in university i remember having smoked some serious marijuana one day, and i was contemplating as i love to the meaning of existence and God. Somewhere in that trance i had what i felt to be a unique revelation (or insight) that the first vibration of all existence is actually a feminine vibration. I wrote a poem about it. Perhaps i will share that poem with you. Its titled "black satisfaction."

Nevertheless i still think there is something to the positive / negative idea i shared with you above. The feminine is negative by definition, as negativity in philosophical terms receives while positivity gives. The sexual organs even bear this out. Light is positive, and accordingly masculine.

Just thoughts though. In pure truth, God being beyond all time and space cannot really have a gender, even in abstract terms - i recognize that. Rather he ( cool) is teh compound of all things and so must be a hermaphodite! grin grin grin
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by bawomolo(m): 11:43pm On Nov 28, 2009
point taken
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by viaro: 11:52pm On Nov 28, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I discovered recently that there were 2 Dionysus' from Areopagus. The one whom paul converted in Athens and then the 5th century philosopher. Obviously being separated by a good 400 years means that they could not have been the same person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudo-Dionysius_the_Areopagite

Ahh, you anticipated me! And thanks. wink
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2010
Quote from Viaro -

It is also interesting that some notable personalities were mentioned as among those who believed: Dionysius the Areopagite. Phew! That blew my mind, folks. I've always wondered how someone (especially a philosopher of no meager standing) could come to believe the Gospel of Christ for himself.

What is this? ? ? A concession that it is rare for intelligent persons with logical minds to accept bizzare Christian spin dogma?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by viaro: 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2010
Deep Sight:

Quote from Viaro -

What is this? ? ? A concession that it is rare for intelligent persons with logical minds to accept bizzare Christian spin dogma?

^^ The thread is about Deep Sight's Fundamentalism, not about Dionysius the Areopagite. You only came here yapping because I made reference to my regrets in initially trying to see you as a reasonable fellow, whereas you have turned out to be the most illiterate braincell on Nairaland. Next time I'd look twice thrice before trying to help give your CV a facelift.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by bawomolo(m): 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2010
viaro:

^^ The thread is about Deep Sight's Fundamentalism, not about Dionysius the Areopagite. You only came here yapping because I made reference to my regrets in initially trying to see you as a reasonable fellow, whereas you have turned out to be the most illiterate braincell on Nairaland. Next time I'd look twice thrice before trying to help give your CV a facelift.

he he i thought you two were deist buddies. take am easy o
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by jagunlabi(m): 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2010
Deep Sight:

Deep sight, the women folk are going to love and appreciate you for this very . . . how should i put it . . . "demeaning" description of their gender.Darkness, negative, nothingness, . . . WOW!Absolutely awesome . . .
The threadstarter might have a point here about you being a closet christian fundermentalist because you did sound like one with that horrible description.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2010
^^ how does that description make deepsight sound like a fundamentalist Christian?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by jagunlabi(m): 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2010
tpia.:

^^ how does that description make deepsight sound like a fundamentalist Christian?
An unabashed display of extreme male chauvenism to start with.That is the trademark of christian fundies.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2010
^^ that statement of deepsight's has nothing to do with Christian analogy. It's more of a new age/buddhist/far eastern school of thought.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by jagunlabi(m): 10:43pm On Feb 20, 2010
tpia.:

^^ that statement of deepsight's has nothing to do with Christian analogy. It's more of a new age/buddhist/far eastern school of thought.
No, eastern school of thought does not demean the feminine to that extent.That has to be the classical christian fundie stance and attitude.The new age movement cherish the sacred feminine and what she represents and will never demean it the way deep sight did, but christian fundies always do that, always.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2010
jagunlabi:

No, eastern school of thought does not demean the feminine to that extent.It has to the classical christian fundie stance and attitude.The new age movement cherish the sacred feminine and will never demean it the way deep sight did, but christian fundies always do that.

you're wrong.

Please point out any Christian themes in the bolded statement:

Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by bawomolo(m): 11:17pm On Feb 20, 2010
tpia.:

what buddhist school of thought associates femininity with nothingness?
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by viaro: 12:03am On Feb 21, 2010
bawomolo:

Haha. . . nope, DeepSight can keep his deism as long as he's willing to let others be.

tpia.:

bawomolo:

what buddhist school of thought associates femininity with nothingness?

Some deem that would be Theravada Buddhism (I may be wrong, though). I've listened to and read a few Buddhist philosophers argue the 'nothingness of feminity' (or 'feminity-nothingness') from various Buddhist texts; an example being the verse that reads "Women are the stain of the holy life …" - *Samyutta Nikaya, Devaputtasamyutta (135:76).

I'm not saying that I agree with them; but just observing that those I've listened to often refer to that text and from there argue such things as the 'feminity-nothingness' of their discourses. One that I spoke with said I got his gist all wrong and that I should try and think in the Eastern way - so that contrary to the Western philosophy of debasing women to be 'nothing', he was rather seeing 'women as the stain of the holy life' in an esoteric ideal that necessitates the thirst for mankind's salvation. I didn't cough, but just let him be.

* The Samyutta Nikaya ("Connected Discourses" or "Kindred Sayings"wink is a Buddhist scripture, the third of the five nikayas, or collections, in the Sutta Pitaka, which is one of the "three baskets" that compose the Pali Tipitaka of Theravada Buddhism.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by nuclearboy(m): 2:56am On Feb 21, 2010
Nice to finally have it from the horses mouth that the source of his inspiration is trances occasioned by "smoking serious mari juana" cheesy
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by ilosiwaju: 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2010
nuclearboy:

Nice to finally have it from the horses mouth that the source of his inspiration is trances occasioned by "smoking serious mari juana" cheesy
Nuclearbobo, did you have to enunciate that? grin grin grin
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2010
jagunlabi:

Deep sight, the women folk are going to love and appreciate you for this very . . . how should i put it . . . "demeaning" description of their gender.Darkness, negative, nothingness, . . . WOW!Absolutely awesome . . .
The threadstarter might have a point here about you being a closet christian fundermentalist because you did sound like one with that horrible description.

Jagunlabi -

I am surprised at your remarks. Associating me with chavinism could not be further from the truth.

Let me just say this - the remarks i made associating the feminine element with "darkness" and "nothingness" are an esoteric philosophical dissection of the nature of self-existent and highly abstract qualities. So far from being demeaning, the initiated would recognise that it places the femine at the summit of all existence. Perhaps you missed the part where i had stated that i sensed the first vibration of all existence to be a feminine vibration.

This is a very very deep subject, but considering my failure thus far to effectively communicate my ideas on other areas i also consider profound (Oneness of Infinity. . .etc) i am hesitant to discuss it fully, as it might just lead to further confusion from those who do not understand it: and even insults from those who hate the fact that one dares to think beyond borders.

"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

Knowledge may be grasped within teh mind: but is almost impossible to communicate in words having regard to certain esoteric subjects.

But i will offer you a poem i wrote on this. . .i sincerly hope it tickles some understanding. . .

Origin

A stagnant nothingness of black
No time, no space, just dark
Mother of being is naught
The bastion of light this fought

Perfect, serene and tempered
Beauty unremembered
The bastion of light dismembered
Beauty darkly rendered

From such a state serene
Did commence our being
The force of light to hover
The unseen divine lover
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2010
Here's another one i wrote on the same subject. . .

A Serene Naught

At passion’s strenuous height
We’re nearly near the light
When we reach that core
Passion struggles no more
The jerky climax wrought
A serene naught

A perfect beauty one
To light it lost its crown
Mother of being is naught
A serene naught

And serene wrought
The essence of all BE
The bastion of light it brought
For all men to see…

From the woman’s womb
Where we dwelled serene
To the woman’s tomb
Is life’s final win…
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by nuclearboy(m): 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2010
@DeepSight:

Lovely poems. Only I wonder where the inspiration for these came from ;Hopefully, another set of trances, ehn! grin
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 9:09am On Feb 22, 2010
nuclearboy:

@DeepSight:

Lovely poems. Only I wonder where the inspiration for these came from ;Hopefully, another set of trances, ehn! grin

^^^ yes o!
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 9:15am On Feb 22, 2010
bawomolo:

Viaro is not a Deist. He is Christian: or better put: he claims to be christian.

Indeed we used to be great friends; but somewhere along the line he arrogated to himself the right to muzzle free speech - the fact that i openly vaunt my disdain for Christian dogma annoys him to the extreme - in return he baths me with a steady stream of the most vile abuses ever heard.

I am not able to mortgage my convictions or my freedom of speech so i guess i must gird my loins and brace up for an eternity of insults from Viaro.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by nuclearboy(m): 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2010
@Ilosiwaju the "Deep" chairman,

my enunciation only attempts (and poorly so) to mirror an ICBM coming from you. grin
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by viaro: 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2010
Deep Sight:

Viaro is not a Deist. He is Christian: or better put: he claims to be christian.

It were better you simply left it as that viaro is a Christian. It does not hurt you; nor have I tried to interject that 'DeepSight "claims" to be a deist'.

Indeed we used to be great friends; but somewhere along the line he arrogated to himself the right to muzzle free speech - the fact that i openly vaunt my disdain for Christian dogma annoys him to the extreme - in return he baths me with a steady stream of the most vile abuses ever heard.

I did not arrogate anything to myself in regards to 'free speech'. If you like expressing such caustic lingoes at others for what they believe, then it is also an exercise of my own rights to 'free speech' to express my disgust at your hideous fundamentalist attitude in the multiplied vitriol you have used directly against Christians for what they believe.

Your waving the victim's card here is quite below you; or otherwise scores another feather to your liturgical headdress as a classic hypocrite - if you're pretending to have been 'nice' and all school-boy-tidy in the way you discuss Christian issues. I've not yet examined your shallow deism, and you're whimpering here?? Would we be reading your necrology by the time I waste your illiterate deistic 'oneness of infinity' that has never taken off from the ground with all the dubious prose you garnered for it?

Look, just stop trying to impress yourself with these pity-parties. You played deaf to any objective manner of reasoning with others, not withstanding my calling your attention to it several times - and the 'fundamentalist' that you are, is what this thread is about. Enjoy.

I am not able to mortgage my convictions or my freedom of speech so i guess i must gird my loins and brace up for an eternity of insults from Viaro.

Free yourself - your "convictions" do not include a subscription to deriding Christian beliefs. I didn't register on Nairaland to hound a faceless goon going by the username of 'Deep Sight', so there's no 'eternity of insults' from viaro anywhere. You either learn to amicably discuss what is not your worldview, or keep getting drunk on your miserly cries for help - the choice is yours!
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2010
viaro:

I've not yet examined your shallow deism, worldview

You will have chance to do so shortly: I have been thinking of opening a thread to discuss the Essentials of DEISM - Don't worry, nothing so esoteric as your much hated Oneness of Infinity - Just a chat on Deism.

Later today, i think.

Ciao for now ol boy.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2010
[size=13pt]Christianity finds it hard to win new converts without reducing them emotionally to such wretchedness of self-depreciation that they surrender the last remnants of reason and human worth. . . . wink
[/size]
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by viaro: 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2010
Deep Sight:

You will have chance to do so shortly: I have been thinking of opening a thread to discuss the Essentials of DEISM - Don't worry, nothing so esoteric as your much hated Oneness of Infinity - Just a chat on Deism.

The 'essentials' of your deism, that is. . . don't have any qualms with that, but I certainly would not be taking that as a one-size-fits-all deisms, sorry.

Hehe, you really don't have a clue, DeepSight - it's not what you would float in a thread of your own that would sort this saga out for you, bro. I'm not impressed by your opening threads here and there and using all cosmetic 'prose' to impress yourself on your small subjects.

And no, viaro does not 'hate' your nebulous 'oneness of infinity'. .  me - "hate"?? Hahaha!! Dude, your OOI is flat-footed, heavily still in the murky swamps of your perennial excuses dressed up as 'prose' - or you would long have progressed that thread, helped it to breathe fresh air so it survives your mathematical 'dark nights' to see a glorious dawn! English translation: your OOI is D-E-A-D. grin

You just go on and post whatever you wanna post on 'essentials' of your deism - when viaro is ready, he's gonna open a thread by himself and ask you to smart up! Just dress warm until then.

Later today, i think.

Ciao for now ol boy.

No worries my pal, no worries. grin
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by DeepSight(m): 6:03pm On Feb 22, 2010
viaro:

And no, viaro does not 'hate' your nebulous 'oneness of infinity'. . me - "hate"?? Hahaha!! Dude, your OOI is flat-footed, heavily still in the murky swamps of your perennial excuses dressed up as 'prose' - or you would long have progressed that thread, helped it to breathe fresh air so it survives your mathematical 'dark nights' to see a glorious dawn! English translation: your OOI is D-E-A-D. grin

Well in all honesty i realized not everything one apprehends in one's mind can be easily communicated in words.

This point must be all the more appreciated when dealing with the ultimate mystery: GOD.
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by MyJoe: 6:06pm On Feb 22, 2010
Deep Sight:

the ultimate mystery: GOD.

The ultimate mystery. *nods head*
Re: Deep Sight Is A Closet Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 22, 2010
Does deepsight do anything else besides post on his confusions here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Money Ritual-facts Or Fictions / Why Russia Is Afraid Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / Yvonne From Girlfriends Now An Evangelist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.