Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:31 AM

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b - Satellite TV Technology (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (405735 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / 2in1 Set Up ( W4/7 And Astra 2b ) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 31, 2010
@ejike those tps are for badr @ 26 'E it was posted by a member few days back .U are hitting green simply becos d difference is small i.e 28'E for astra2b.it is active on my 1m pan @ saki,oyo state.
@twinskenny .i am sure u can hit it with a 80cm,just move 'ur dish up by 1inch once u get d multi tv tp active.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 31, 2010
@ejike those tps are for badr @ 26 'E it was posted by a member few days back .U are hitting green simply becos d difference is small i.e 28'E for astra2b.it is active on my 1m pan @ saki,oyo state.
@twinskenny .i am sure u can hit it with a 80cm,just move 'ur dish up by 1inch once u get d multi tv tp active.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by alancruise(m): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2010
@ejike,are u saying with 1mtr dish, i could nailed d bird here in ibd or lagos? Also are they al encrypted or free?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by alancruise(m): 11:46am On Jul 31, 2010
@kinmen,pls try those tp on ur 1mtr dish,and feed d house if it is recievable in ur area.thanks
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Ejike3: 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2010
@alancruise
I want you to confirm reception from Ibadan and Lagos. I am in Abj.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Segunod(m): 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2010
@ all, wat happen 2 CRTV on astra 2b? Mine has not been showing since yesterday. Anyone having d same prob? Wat might be d cause
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2010
@ejike, check lyngsat.com ,d actual tps are 12265 H 27500(Badr 4) ,12322 V 27500 & 12303 H 27500 (Badr 6).They belong to canal as it's indicated le bouquet de canal.
If it's possible to nail sirius(4.8'E) & eutel w3A(7'E) on d same offset dish using a single lnbf why not astra 2b(28.5'E) & badr (26'E).

@alancruise,i am receiving it with a 90cm dish.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spacevice(m): 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2010
@curiousman66
CRTV, to the best of my knowledge, has no other channels anywhere. When i spoke with one of their customer service reps, i found out that their decoder is Mpeg4 with a card slot. (didn't ask abt the brand). But it doesn't come with a smart card. I asked her 2 tell me the kind of channels they hv, and 2 my suprise, she mentioned channels we're already receiving, i.e. CNN, France24, a list of multi tv channels plus My Tv africa channels, etc. I guess she didn't understand my questions and i didn't want her to suspect me. I'm just wondering how they can do that.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2010
My crtv has lost voice since two days now
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Blakstars(m): 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2010
spacevice:

@curiousman66
CRTV, to the best of my knowledge, has no other channels anywhere. When i spoke with one of their customer service reps, i found out that their decoder is Mpeg4 with a card slot. (didn't ask abt the brand). But it doesn't come with a smart card. I asked her 2 tell me the kind of channels they hv, and 2 my suprise, she mentioned channels we're already receiving, i.e. CNN, France24, a list of multi tv channels plus My Tv africa channels, etc. I guess she didn't understand my questions and i didn't want her to suspect me. I'm just wondering how they can do that.
@ Spacevice

Greetings Boss! wink The least said about CRTV the better, all they do is promise, promise, promise and yet no end product?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sammu(m): 3:36am On Aug 01, 2010
@all
with a dish of size 75cm astra2b and badr came with single lnb. The signal strength for both is around 70%
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 7:46am On Aug 01, 2010
@sammu
Did u retrack both? I don't seem to understand
Cos with my 80cm dish nd signal strength of 87% on multitv, I can't still nail dat bird,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 01, 2010
@twinskenny, u have to trade some of d signal on astra 2b to receive badr as well as astra on d same offset dish. Sammu got a signal strength of 70% on both birds.yes u need to adjust 'ur set up.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by isote(m): 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2010
@all I have a problem with Infinity / Multi Tv stations and I am not sure if it is peculiar. Most channels don't give video, only audio and after a while, it gives the message no video/audio. The only stations that are working perfectly on that bouquet are inf extra, vive, springbud, click. I used a motorised dish and hooked on to almost all birds that have the footprints over west africa , I do not experience this with other channels. looking forward to guidance and clarifications.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2010
Maybe u are not using the right decoder, if its not mpeg4 then u can't get most channels
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spacevice(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2010
@ Blakstar
You're right. They're just confused. Welcome back to the forum
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2010
isote:

@all I have a problem with Infinity / Multi Tv stations and I am not sure if it is peculiar. Most channels don't give video, only audio and after a while, it gives the message no video/audio. The only stations that are working perfectly on that bouquet are inf extra, vive, springbud, click. I used a motorised dish and hooked on to almost all birds that have the footprints over west africa , I do not experience this with other channels. looking forward to guidance and clarifications.

@isote, to add to twinskenny's comment. U are using mpeg 2 decoder,u need mpeg4(e.g srt 4669) or HD decoder(e.g daarsat decoder) to get d desired result on d bird.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2010
isote:

@isote, to add to twinskenny's comment. U are using mpeg 2 decoder,u need mpeg4(e.g srt 4669) or HD decoder(e.g daarsat decoder) to get d desired result on d bird.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by isote(m): 5:22am On Aug 02, 2010
twinskenny:

Maybe u are not using the right decoder, if its not mpeg4 then u can't get most channels
kinmen2004:

This is why I am confused, cos my decoder is srt 4669x. I do not know what I am missing.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Segunod(m): 8:28am On Aug 02, 2010
@ all, my switch on infinity tv only has video but no audio. Pls help me out.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 9:22am On Aug 02, 2010
Segunod:

same with mine, i called their customer care they said its a technical problem or something,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by williams85(m): 9:30am On Aug 02, 2010
They are getting ready to encrypt their station(infinity)
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2010
lol they keep calling me that they ave a dealer in Ikeja, imagine, so they want to encrypt those few scrappy stations>>

I laugh in hausa language, grin grin grin grin
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Segunod(m): 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2010
Anyone wit tp 4 viasat 1 in Ghana? I know it's on Nss7 but i don't know d tp. I'm sorry if i'm diverting d thread
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by obijack: 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2010
@Twinskenny,

O'boy how u dey? I have been around but very busy with some personal projects.

The BADR of a satelite what's on it and how far is it from ASTRA2B.

thanks.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2010
Bros I dey ooo, nothing much oo just the infinity wahala, nd I av not been able to nail badr6 cos two is useless cos I learnt is only 2 channels dats open on it, the rest are encrypted.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2010
Segunod:

Anyone wit tp 4 viasat 1 in Ghana? I know it's on Nss7 but i don't know d tp. I'm sorry if i'm diverting d thread

d tp is 3743 L 2285
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2010
Segunod:

d tp is 3743 L 2285
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spacevice(m): 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
isote:

This is why I am confused, cos my decoder is srt 4669x. I do not know what I am missing.

@ isote
When the "no video/audio" appears, press 6969 twice on your remote. Happened to me when i 1st bought mine. Try let's see.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by emsky: 5:36pm On Aug 03, 2010
[/quote][quote author=Segunod link=topic=357272.msg6494130#msg6494130 date=1280734083]

switch has audio when you use infinity decoder,their decoder is mpeg4 and HD.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sayso: 5:41pm On Aug 03, 2010
emsky:

switch has audio when you use infinity decoder,their decoder is mpeg4 and HD.
but why si an MPEG 4 /HD Decorder having t he same output.Video and no audio?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by magaddai(m): 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2010
from Segunod on 2/8/10 at 08:28:03 AM

If u're using Strong decoder, follow this steps who knows u may get something out of it.
1. Press d AUDIO button
2. In the Audio Mode, change b/w "Stereo>Right>Left"
NB: Note restricted to Inf switch, but any channel with video but no audio.
Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (83) (Reply)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.