Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,618 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (404634 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / 2in1 Set Up ( W4/7 And Astra 2b ) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by dannielove(m): 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2010
so pofolo when exactly can i scan for this infinity channels,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by obijack: 11:07am On Mar 30, 2010
@pofolo and all,

This frequency for Infinity TV is not working. When is the right time to scan for it because I use daarbox and after inputting the freq. and scanning, nothing came out.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 11:21am On Mar 30, 2010
@ All,
in order to be able to Nail infinity,we just have to be patient as it seems that they are on test transmission for now.
yours trully has tried all his possible best to nail it.
i even used the 5:30 to 8:00 pm time frame, No show.

Patience is the watch word, wink keep on trying.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olabisi75(m): 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2010
In other word we all should wait until they fully starts transmitting of their programs.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sayso: 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2010
we ae watching them.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olabisi75(m): 6:47pm On Mar 30, 2010
sayso:

we ae watching them.

what frequency are you using to watch infinity
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by dannielove(m): 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2010
i still can't receive infinity channels  
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by pofolo(m): 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2010
@ all,

by 'we are watching dem' he means lets just keep our fingers crossed & wait for dem to start full transmission.
The tp 12543 h 20800 have been red 4 d past 4 days.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sayso: 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2010
hope they will sort this out very soon
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2010
sayso:

hope they will sort this out very soon

Amen to that,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olabisi75(m): 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2010
pofolo:

@ all,

by 'we are watching dem' he means lets just keep our fingers crossed & wait for dem to start full transmission.
The tp 12543 h 20800 have been red 4 d past 4 days.

Not that its been red for 4 days but all the time they say that their service is up but its been not up at all.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by zenus(m): 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2010
oga twin i suggest this topic to be change since other channels are coming in to this bird
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olabisi75(m): 3:52pm On Apr 04, 2010
zenus:

oga twin i suggest this topic to be change since other channels are coming in to this bird
which other channels are that?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by dannielove(m): 4:23pm On Apr 04, 2010
when do i check for infinity signal cry
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by borderline(m): 8:09pm On Apr 04, 2010
@all
a superdealer who has been in d game of satelite busines since 1990 told me yestdy dat multitv wont be 2 sell their new boxes in d nigerian market except in their native ghana.he further statd dat other mpeg4 boxes wil continue 2 open their channels.i found it extremely hard 2 believe all of these.i felt he was tryin 2 sell his market but i didnt argue with him. thats why i need to get the inputs of members on this.our ghanian friends, sathob,salamander,blackstars.,
our experiencd nigerian members, pito,george,olofofo.etc
over to you
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ftalover(m): 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2010
I currently use Multi TV digibox in Naija. I brought it in when I came from Accra. Am sure it can be gotten and it works in Naija, as thats what am using currently.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sathob(m): 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2010
@borderline
I don't know if multi-tv has legal rights to officially sell their boxes in Nigeria, picture what hi-tv has been doing in recent days. but no fears, you can still get their boxes if you want to. But, for multi -tv scrambling their signals or not, I don't think we should worry over them.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by borderline(m): 12:39am On Apr 05, 2010
@sathob
ar u saying multitv won't reprogram their broadcast so dat only their digiboxes would be able to open them? i mean,will 4669x continue 2 be able to open them? pls explain.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Blakstars(m): 1:47am On Apr 05, 2010
borderline:

@all
a superdealer who has been in d game of satelite busines since 1990 told me yestdy dat multitv wont be 2 sell their new boxes in d nigerian market except in their native ghana.he further statd dat other mpeg4 boxes wil continue 2 open their channels.i found it extremely hard 2 believe all of these.i felt he was tryin 2 sell his market but i didnt argue with him. thats why i need to get the inputs of members on this.our ghanian friends, sathob,salamander,blackstars.,
our experiencd nigerian members, pito,george,olofofo.etc
over to you
@ borderline

Yeah the Multi-tv cannot legally sell their boxes now in nigeria. They should be duely registered with those who oversee communications in Nigeria. e.g like in ghana its the National communications Authority(NCA). As soon as they are officially registered in 9ja and have all the necessary paperwork done then they can now begin to operate there. with the issue of other mpg4's opening their channels, yes so far as they have not been scrambled yet then most mpg4's will b able to view thier channels. Anyway thier new digiboxes have got card readers now, (just to chip in)
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by borderline(m): 2:28am On Apr 05, 2010
@blackstars
i avn't personally seen their newboxes but since you said they now av card readers,it means sooner or later,wen all d legal stufs must av been laid to rest,a card which wil serve as a lifetime access wil be introducd. i stand 2 be correctd
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Rextab(m): 9:26am On Apr 05, 2010
@all .how many chanels can one watch on astra 2b usin mpeg 2?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sathob(m): 9:31am On Apr 05, 2010
Ans = 3
GTV
LTM TV
CRTV
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Rextab(m): 11:31am On Apr 05, 2010
@ sathob. Thnx,hw can i track astra 2b from my referece points i have pas7 and sirius.1 more thing can it be tracked zambia.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sathob(m): 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2010
@Rextab
the footprint map does not cover Zambia, however, it is not impossible to receive the signals at all, you may need a much bigger dish. I am adding a picture of the footprint map with the eirp

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sathob(m): 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2010
also refer to this link for an idea of dish size you will need. all I can add is that, you may do this on experimental basis for your hobby.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-422448.0.html

I am dropping these infro for your guidance too, I do not know where exactly you live in Zambia, so, I am using the coordinates for your capital city thus, lat 160 S 26' and long. 300E 5'. Based on this info,you can get Astra 2B 28.2e  at azimuth 352.280 and at elevation of 71.560. note: the elevation provided here is for 180cm prime focus dish, the referenced point for azimuth is north in the clockwise direction. the lnb skew is 7.430
with reference to Sirius 4, the azimuth for Sirius 4 is 298.730 and it's elevation is 35.740 so Astra 2B will be further to the right side of sirius 4. this is so, because, if the azimuth for astra 2b was less than that of sirius 4, then that would be a movement in the anticlockwise direction and would have to be physically moved left.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Rextab(m): 6:32am On Apr 06, 2010
@ sathob.thnx a spam for the info.hw try getin a big dish i have a 60cm dish.hw use to track othr birds.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by pofolo(m): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
@ all,
tp 12543 h 20800 (infinity tv) is on. Enjoy.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olabisi75(m): 8:26pm On Apr 08, 2010
pofolo:

@ all,
tp 12543 h 20800 (infinity tv) is on. Enjoy.

what i discovered is that their signal level is very low but it still ok for CRTV/GTV
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by pofolo(m): 8:32pm On Apr 08, 2010
@ olabisi,
despite heavy wind here, my crtv is 86% & setanta is 54% on a 60cm dish.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by zenus(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2010
Infinity is on
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by zenus(m): 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2010
With advert and no audio
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by akatonero(m): 11:41pm On Apr 08, 2010
@sathob i got only Gtv and crtv wit my 4663x no other ltm tv.dou i got 12 stations 2da on infinity but Dey re all red now cos i believe Dey're test transmittin now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.