Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,423 members, 7,861,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b - Satellite TV Technology (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (405741 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / 2in1 Set Up ( W4/7 And Astra 2b ) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by magaddai(m): 10:23am On Aug 18, 2010
infinity has added 3 new channel last night. ALHERI, DICE & AL JAZEERA. Blind scan 2 enjoy it while it last. FTA 4 life
@Segunod
Yes ooooooo! Enjoy as it lasts. How soon are they going to be encryoted?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by maddollar(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2010
Those channels show's "comming up".is it everywhere.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Segunod(m): 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2010
mad dollar:

Those channels show's "comming up".is it everywhere.
Yes, u know they are stil test running. I guess all d channels they intend 2 have in their package must be operational b4 encryption. So just enjoy it while it last. FTA 4 life.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by maddollar(m): 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2010
hi gurus, i have got an info that infinity will only telecast up to 45 channels on astra2B.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Segunod(m): 1:52am On Aug 19, 2010
Superscreen has been added 2 infinity channels. Enjoy it while is last. FTA 4 LIFE
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by alancruise(m): 2:33am On Aug 19, 2010
Yes o! Superscreen is on it. Guess there is still more to come.
@all, i upgraded my 69x 2nite with 109p, just very happy dat i could get rid of d mytv logo. D firmware is authentic,genuine. U can as well try it but at your own peril. Goodluck.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 10:01am On Aug 19, 2010
@ALL

on my 69x no audio from switch and also with my 4900hd still no auido (infinity tv)

is the same problem from everyone??
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by williams85(m): 12:32pm On Aug 19, 2010
twinskenny:

@ALL

on my 69x no audio from switch and also with my 4900hd still no auido (infinity tv)

is the same problem from everyone??

no prob with mine
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2010
@william really?

am talking of SWITCH the musical channels?

which decoder are you using?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by williams85(m): 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
twinskenny:

@william really?

am talking of SWITCH the musical channels?

which decoder are you using?

i'm usin daarsat reciever.
it does blind scan on its own.
and no audio and video problem
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by emsky: 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2010
twinskenny:

you mean you have infinity decoder? can u tell us if we can use it for fta or not??

thanks
yes it can use it for any fta and easy to use.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2010
emsky:

yes it can use it for any fta and easy to use.

Thanks Emsky. . .
Can you please tell us if it also HD?. . . wink
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by emsky: 6:47pm On Aug 19, 2010
freshp:

Thanks Emsky. . .
Can you please tell us if it also HD?. . . wink
yes is HD decoder,am using one.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Ameboperoo(m): 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ all. I blindscanned Astra2b yesterday and was suprised to get some canal channels, about 50 of them or so but all encrypted with viacess. I used 60cm dish. Could they be those on badr 5? The signal strength is 65%.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by 2legit2qt(m): 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2010
@emsky

Where & How MUCH did u get d INFINITY DECODER?

@williams85
Where & How MUCH did u get d daarsat reciever?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2010
williams85:

i'm usin daarsat reciever.
it does blind scan on its own.
and no audio and video problem
could u be more clearer? I use daarbox as well,but doesnt see to blind scan
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 10:26am On Aug 20, 2010
toba:

could u be more clearer? I use daarbox as well,but doesnt see to blind scan

not sure if daar decoder do blindscan

@all please is anyone having audio issues with "switch on infinity tv"? pls
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by zenus(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2010
Same here no Audio on 69x
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Lov4sat(m): 11:41am On Aug 20, 2010
same with 69x here
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spacevice(m): 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ameboperoo:

@ all. I blindscanned Astra2b yesterday and was suprised to get some canal channels, about 50 of them or so but all encrypted with viacess. I used 60cm dish. Could they be those on badr 5? The signal strength is 65%.

Yes.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2010
even on my srt 4900hd no Audio, strange that some people can pick audio with ther daar box.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by emsky: 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2010
2legit2qt:

@emsky

Where & How MUCH did u get d INFINITY DECODER?

@williams85
Where & How MUCH did u get d daarsat reciever?
Infinity complete system goes for 18k,where is your location?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by mjay(m): 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
emsky:

Infinity complete system goes for 18k,where is your location?

Will they sell their card alone? since I have the XX69 why will I need their decoder again? If their package is good and reasonable, one might just buy their card(hope its gonna be available) cos they are beginning to make sense with their collections .( never say never) Fingers crossed sha, will their card be available?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2010
Theres no audio on switch music. If any says he/she gets audio, thats a lie
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by williams85(m): 11:47pm On Aug 20, 2010
toba:

@mjay, i'm old enough to give fake info to the house.
@twinskenny, i bought the daar box fairly used when i'm serving in borno state.
my switch channel has very clear audio!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by salamander(m): 6:35am On Aug 21, 2010
toba:

I think your comment is a bit hash. Why cant you just ask others to confirm?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by alancruise(m): 8:44am On Aug 21, 2010
@salamander,i posted a question to u yesternite on the Official thread of FTA.pls kindly attend to it. Thanks
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by emsky: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2010
mjay:

Will they sell their card alone? since I have the XX69 why will I need their decoder again? If their package is good and reasonable, one might just buy their card(hope its gonna be available) cos they are beginning to make sense with their collections .( never say never) Fingers crossed sha, will their card be available?
their channels are going to be in MPEG4 and most of it in HD,so you*ll need HD decoder,better still go for infinity decoder.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by microgint: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2010
Some of the Infinity Channels are broadcast on DVB-S2, MPEG4, so i believe their decoder should be MPEG4 and possibly HD
My opinion is the few presently being broadcast in DVB-S is for promotional purposes, soon all will be in DVB-S2
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spacevice(m): 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2010
toba:

@all
When u check from your audio menu via ur remote control, u will find out that the Infinity Switch channel's audio language is in AAC format. 69x can't decode this format. I also understand 4900/10 can decode it only with an appropriate upgrade. It's the same reason why sometime back we couldn't get audio for Top TV's test transmission on Sirius 4.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by williams85(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2010
spacevice:

@all
When u check from your audio menu via your remote control, u will find out that the Infinity Switch channel's audio language is in AAC format. 69x can't decode this format. I also understand 4900/10 can decode it only with an appropriate upgrade. It's the same reason why sometime back we couldn't get audio for Top TV's test transmission on Sirius 4.
u're very right, cos when i check d audio on daar box it has digital attached to it. its not like thAt in other channels
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2010
salamander:

I think your comment is a bit hash. Why cant you just ask others to confirm?
sho, u re asking me the above? Go ahead and ask others yourself.
Couple of pple have made same complaint about switch's audio&till now its a generalized challenge&not relative. Same was also said about kilonsele sometime last wk when the audio ceased&now restored.It was also not relative but general, as attested to by posters. I really doubted william based on the above anticidents.Moreover i also use a daarbox just like he does as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (83) (Reply)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.