Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,028 members, 7,828,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b - Satellite TV Technology (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (404860 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / 2in1 Set Up ( W4/7 And Astra 2b ) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by dsleezy: 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2011
@lexxyb
your comment shows how highly inept you are at reading between the lines.if you don't know,paytv is a very serious business,so serious that the provider could be sued for poor services.(probably not here in nigeria).what we are saying here is that you MUST first of all show your subscribers how serious ,the content you want them to pay for,is.for the past 1year or so,infinity has failed in that regard. Tell you what? Most people would gladly migrate from D*** if another provider comes up with something equal or better than what those extortionists currently offer.trendtv,daarsat,hitv &now infinity have failed those who can't afford the luxury of large space for big dishes&still want to watch quality entertainment for reasonable fees. Nobody is saying they shouldn't encrypt,but they should do so ONLY when they have the balls to remain in the game. Thats all we are saying.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by thuggle(m): 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2011
infinity is back and even this time skynews is opened
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 8:58pm On Jun 18, 2011
@thuggle
Thanks for the headsup.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lexxybb: 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2011
dsleezy:

@lexxyb
your comment shows how highly inept you are at reading between the lines.if you don't know,paytv is a very serious business,so serious that the provider could be sued for poor services.(probably not here in nigeria).what we are saying here is that you MUST first of all show your subscribers how serious ,the content you want them to pay for,is.for the past 1year or so,infinity has failed in that regard. Tell you what? Most people would gladly migrate from D*** if another provider comes up with something equal or better than what those extortionists currently offer.trendtv,daarsat,hitv &now infinity have failed those who can't afford the luxury of large space for big dishes&still want to watch quality entertainment for reasonable fees. Nobody is saying they shouldn't encrypt,but they should do so ONLY when they have the balls to remain in the game. Thats all we are saying.
we africans especially nigerians dont appreciate wat we av, infinity tv has just startd and u are shoutin abt poor quality of service, PHCN despite their very poor service u stil pay, same goes for mtn, airtel and etisalat. Look at glo dat is a nigerian company wit time see wat they av become. But for usin d word "inept", u are a big FOOL
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by curiousman66: 12:37am On Jun 19, 2011
@Lexxyb
You see this is the reason why africans cannot develop because they are always content with whatever they get whether its bad or little ok, they never go for the best.How can u say infinity has tried, try for where?, even multi tv is not asking for any thumbs up from his audience yet we could see that they're trying very hard to make a difference, 1.they are have tried to give us three news channel to keep their customers current, 2. they have a 24hrs sports channel for the lovers of sports, on top of it they have a non-stop movie channel show casing foreign movies, this is just few i can name, this is to show that they cut across of every angle of the tv lovers.

Now, do we see something like that on inifity? the only good thing i like on inifity is the good quality picture on Switch channel. Do we have sports for those who love sports on infinity?what about action movie apart from those boring Bollywood, Is this that you want to tell us they have tried? for showing us a repeated programs since the time of test transmission.sometimes i even wonder whether they are still on test transmission or not, It is not that we cannot pay, We can pay but we have to pay for a quality service, we have to pay for what is worth for, Even my grand father black &white old 14 inches tv set is clearer than superscreen on a whole cable tv!!!

We criticize for them to sit up and do the right thing so that they don't collapse from the market!!!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Sensicut(m): 12:57am On Jun 19, 2011
True talk.compair to multitv that have.joy sport.joy tv for action movie.cine afrik 4 hom video.three news channel and still free to air.the samething i told hitv on facebook when they leaf all football right to dstv and i advise them and they answer me back say they would fine solution b4 season started at the end of the day they still remove hi soccer put hip tv.we need to advise them not to pack up because their our product and not to give foreigner chance
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ultrasat(m): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2011
Pls stop fighting! Infinity is back for those who care to watch it.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ugotuf(m): 10:25am On Jun 19, 2011
PEOPLE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DESTRUCTIVE AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. WE ARE ONLY ADVISING INFINITY TO GET THEIR ACTS RIGHT BEFORE THEY GO $SCRAMBLED$ LEST THEY CLOSE BEFORE THEY HAVE EVEN STARTED.WE HAVE ALL TESTED AND KNOW THE BEST,WE MAKE COMPARISONS BECAUSE WE ARE HUMANS WITH TASTE AND STYLE,HENCE OUR CONSTANT DESIRE FOR THE CHOICEST AND BEST OF EVERYTHING IN LIFE.AN ADAGE IN MY TONGUE POSITS THAT "THE FEARFUL HEARTED SHOULD NOT COME TO THE WARRIORS' DANCE"(because they wield and brandish sharp two edged swords tactfully as they dance.)WE ALL LOVE INFINITY AND WE WANT TO BE PROUD OF OUR OWN TRULY INDIGENOUS PROVIDERS WITH STANDARD PROGRAMING AND CONTENTS THAT ARE OF EXPORT QUALITY.SO GUYS SHEATH YOUR SWORDS.

ONE MORE PIECE OF ADVICE;
INFINITY SHOULD CONDUCT A SURVEY AND POLL TO FEEL THE PULSE OF VIEWERS AND MARKETERS ALIKE,FOR THEY ARE THE FULCRUM ON WHICH THEIR ENTIRE EXISTENCE AND SUSTENANCE IS GOING TO REVOLVE.
THANK YOU.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by dsleezy: 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2011
@lexxyb
i'm not going down with you on the dirty lane of name calling but again i would tell you what i know.most tv viewers have areas of interest-either latest news, solid movies,exciting sitcoms/reality shows,sport,or current music videos.the beauty of good dth/paytvs is that you can actually watch all of these stuffs 24hrs with a small antenna if you can pay the subscription & thats the 'only' REASON i still pay for the family package of d*** to go with my 3m motorised fta setup.but if a provider can't exhibit its seriousness during a 1year trial transmission&still wants to encrypt,then you can't expect people to just keep mute simply because they had been on 'forced fta'for sometime.i'm not that petty if thats what is your P. I have been in the tv industry for too long to have such a low mindset. Its time to break away from the shackles of rubbish services,free or not.
@all
thanks for your understanding on this.one peace
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ugotuf(m): 5:26am On Jun 20, 2011
dsleezy:

@lexxyb
i'm not going down with you on the dirty lane of name calling but again i would tell you what i know.most tv viewers have areas of interest-either latest news, solid movies,exciting sitcoms/reality shows,sport,or current music videos.the beauty of good dth/paytvs is that you can actually watch all of these stuffs 24hrs with a small antenna if you can pay the subscription & thats the 'only' REASON i still pay for the family package of d*** to go with my 3m motorised fta setup.but if a provider can't exhibit its seriousness during a 1year trial transmission&still wants to encrypt,then you can't expect people to just keep mute simply because they had been on 'forced fta'for sometime.i'm not that petty if thats what is your P. I have been in the tv industry for too long to have such a low mindset. Its time to break away from the shackles of rubbish services,free or not.
@all
thanks for your understanding on this.one peace
YOU ARE RIGHT,THAT IS WHAT WE WANT FELLOW NAIRALANDERS TO UNDERSTAND.NO ONE IS WITCH-HUNTING INFINITY.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by osagiemma: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2011
Pls how do i make sm channels have audio sound in my multi tv am using 4669XII thx
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by linksman(m): 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2011
@ dsleezy,
I feel you my broda on this infiniti tv issue. It amazes me how on earth would somebody bring out money to pay for a satellite transponder only for them to broadcast very substandard programming content that would not get any good rating even if they were free for life.
To add insult to injury, the picture quality of their channels is a shame and disgrace to modern digital broadcasters of our time.
makes me wonder if they are a none commercial, non-profit organization?
Imagine most viewers including myself who have dishes locked onto Astra 2B simply delete all infiniti channels after doing a blindscan and leave the rest channels(multitv channels). Yes, they are that bad compared to what we are enjoying from multitv.
Believe me when I tell you that it hurts me real bad to see a Nigerian outfit coming out with such baaaaad packaging. Makes me want to hide my head when I see what broadcasters from other African countries are transmitting even if it is a single channel.
MY ADVISE TO INFINITI TV:
1. Get right digital equipment that would guaranty very good sharp and crisp picture quality

2. Combine all their channels into one single multi variety channel that has everything from news, sports, movies, documentaries, cartoons, sit-coms, dramas, live events broadcast, talkshows, religious programmes, musicals etc.

Believe me, I want infiniti tv to succeed. They really have to do a "round about" turn in their approach to setting up a viable, attractive, appealing and ultimately profitable broadcast outfit, be it digital or analogue.
Peace all. grin
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by dsleezy: 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2011
@ugotuf
@linksman
you all speak the mind of the progressives &i'm sure those infinity guys are following this thread&must have taken one or two things from all that has been said.we want their success&thats why we are doing all these.thanks everyone
@osas
if you're using original 69xii,you shouldn't be having any audio issue on multitv/infinity because its factory-aac audio codec embedded.just change the audio track from left to right&see if the sound comes out otherwise you may have to upgrade with the aac firmware -although @your own risk.read previous posts for the way to go on that.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by thuggle(m): 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
@all, i tried re-positionin my multi dish, hitted 90%. I then went back to scan and i got a new ch on inf calld Magic. U can all check it out. Kudos
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sunny78(m): 12:20am On Jun 22, 2011
ok pls can u show us the tp
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by oxteen: 12:46am On Jun 22, 2011
yeah da frequency nd symbol rate?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ugotuf(m): 2:26am On Jun 22, 2011
sunny78:

ok pls can u show us the tp
oxteen:

yeah da frequency nd symbol rate?
GUYS YOU DON'T NEED ANY FR/SR.JUST RESCAN YOUR 12543/20800/H AND YOU WILL HAVE MAGIC STARING YOU IN THE FACES.LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER MUSICAL CHANNEL .ENJOY WHILE IT LASTS.FTA 4 LYF
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sunny78(m): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
almost al channels xcept superscreen on d infinity, gon scrambld
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2011
sunny78:

almost al channels xcept superscreen on d infinity, gon scrambld
nnnHmm the story of my life,they would soon come back. . . i think they are working on our comments written here grin grin grin
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by thuggle(m): 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2011
freshp:

nnnHmm the story of my life,they would soon come back. . . i think they are working on our comments written here grin grin grin

yea, hope dats wat dey doin lol
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by otokx(m): 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2011
only switch showing
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by thuggle(m): 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2011
otokx:

only switch showing

i got switch and magic showing
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by gadotor(m): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2011
yes their scamble now.thank you
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Lov4sat(m): 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2011
if they like should scramble my decoder join sef i no send ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lovala(m): 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2011
na wetin wit music channels every wia? make dem kool down o! give us some foreign action or series channels, jo!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by otokx(m): 8:16pm On Jun 22, 2011
Im having signal 90 and quality 51 for multitv but cracking sound no video, rain is falling sha. Parameters are 12552/19531 /h
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by otokx(m): 12:08am On Jun 24, 2011
new station called channels showing.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Lov4sat(m): 11:52am On Jun 24, 2011
I beg save us the scanning time by posting the tp and sr here thanks grin grin
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ayibatonye(m): 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2011
Lov4sat:

I beg save us the scanning time by posting the tp and sr here thanks grin grin
the tp is 12543 h 20800
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by versace400(m): 12:35am On Jun 25, 2011
@all, I was in Lagos today, Alaba to be precise. To my surprise, i met some policemen in a satellite shop and guess what they were closing down the shop. They arrested a guy that have already bought an avatar dongle and alongside the owner of the shop. According to some guys there, they said the police came there based on the information they collected from unnamed source. Pls all the members of the house( both new and old), i am very sure that there is no doubt when it comes to sattellite forum in africa, ours here is the best. Nairaland is the leading forum anytime anyday. Others are just coming here to dish out our information and take it to their sites to make it great,. So since we are being seeing as the leader, what we are just clamouring for is some decency in our posts and our comments. Let us set the example as regards our position in the satellite world. I can understand that the issue of dongle discussion cant be neglected but i believe there are better ways we can go about it that will make us to remain more decent among others. Phone calls and emails can provide more assistance in a lot of ways. I think we going to the extent of creating a thread named " Fta receiver 2011, How to unlock Dstv channels" are all unhealthy to this forum. I will just implore all the members of the house to let us all remain united, let us all always remain as one and be united. Let our reasoning always look the same cos together we can build the forum. Gurs alone cant do it without the contribution from all of us9 the followers) .I will also implore all the gurus to make available their contacts their and do more in the way they respond to the need of members. Members will surely be frustrated if their needs are nt met or they feel some are witholding some useful information. Pls let us all do it together. Lets remain more united and a happy family.

@ all member, pls i want you to join me to say a deepest sorry to Ultrasat in the way i joined issue with him concerning the dongle matter. I never meant to insult his parent or even him. I am nt that kind of person. Pls just dont be annoyed i beg. I did all i have done just in the interest of all of us. I dont want us all to loose the opportunity we all have. Pls let it go and to my surprise, we are both from the same town which i didnt even know until i check your face book. Once again am so sorry. Pls let us all keep the spirit flying. Let there be love.

One love all the great members of the house.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ugotuf(m): 3:08am On Jun 25, 2011

@ all member, pls i want you to join me to say a deepest sorry to Ultrasat in the way i joined issue with him concerning the dongle matter. I never meant to insult his parent or even him. I am nt that kind of person. Pls just dont be annoyed i beg. I did all i have done just in the interest of all of us. I dont want us all to loose the opportunity we all have. Pls let it go and to my surprise, we are both from the same town which i didnt even know until i check your face book. Once again am so sorry. Pls let us all keep the spirit flying. Let there be love.

One love all the great members of the house.

WAOH!!, VERSACE,YOU ARE THE MAN.I REALLY SALUTE YOUR HUMILITY.IT TAKES A MAN TO FIGHT RELENTLESSLY BUT IT TAKES A SUPERNATURAL MAN TO RETREAT,SURRENDER AND APOLOGIZE EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT AT FAULT,JUST FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE.FORGET ABOUT YOU COMING FROM THE SAME PLACE WITH ULTRASAT,IT IS IMMATERIAL.THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU DID THE RIGHT THING;"MAKING PEACE WITH YOUR BROTHER".WE ARE ALL BROTHERS HERE YOU KNOW,AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO A TIME ON THIS FORUM WHEN WE WILL START RELATING WITH ONE ANOTHER BEYOND THIS VIRTUAL PLATFORM TO REALLY BE OF HELP TO OUR SELVES IN REAL TIME AND SPACE.
ULTRASAT,YOU HAVE HEARD YOUR BROTHER,I KNOW THAT YOU WILL MEET VARSACE VERY SOON AND LET YOUR LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING ON NAIRALAND BE ONE OF THE THINGS YOU LAUGH OVER WITH HIM WHEN YOU MEET.WE WANT TO SEE YOUR TOWEL ON THE CANVASS AND YOUR WHITE FLAG TOO.GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by adebolaOdu(m): 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2011
Blind scanning your strong decoder every now and then or upon a new dish installation is actually a waste of precious time when you can actually go to
menu---installation---manual scan---look for 28.2E Astra 2A2B2D---input a new TP(ie add a new TP by pressing the GREEN sleep button on your strong 4669X II decoder)

Input frequency 12.550 and Symbol rate 19.530 Polarization V (MULTI TV)
Input frequency 12.544 and symbol rate 20.798 Polarization H (INFINITY TV) .

Change the network search to ON for each of the TPs and press the Ok button. You will get the fta Infinity Magic when u scan 12.544.
I believe for now there may not be any new fta TP on Astra 2A2B. So save your time my people, 4get blind scanning for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (83) (Reply)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.