Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,910 members, 7,828,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b - Satellite TV Technology (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (404850 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / 2in1 Set Up ( W4/7 And Astra 2b ) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by thuggle(m): 11:12am On Jun 07, 2011
some get tv3 and more. More thn 31 chnls. I need confirmation 2 dat. Cuz i head its kinda code on multi tv.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by aroseyi(m): 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
thuggle:

some get tv3 and more. More thn 31 chnls. I need confirmation 2 dat. Cuz i head its kinda code on multi tv.
@thuggle , whch type of decoder are u using cos me d't gt it on my 4669x thks.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by thuggle(m): 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2011
i use 4669z ba heard 4rm ppl wu r usin multi tv digibox
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by aroseyi(m): 5:33am On Jun 09, 2011
4sure if any1 s usg muitltv box he we surely gt more chanl thks
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by curiousman66: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2011
aro seyi:

4sure if any1 s usg muitltv box he we surely gt more chanl thks

i don't think if you are using multi tv box you will certainly get more channels apart from their channels, i think its only some channels of infinitive, apart from that you will be restricted to only multi tv channels, About the TV3 thing, for now i'm not sure if you're on astra 2b you will get that channel, before they used to have a contract with multi tv but its over a year now multi tv stop showing that channel,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Stevolat: 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
thuggle:

pls any1 wif a concise explanation on dis issue shuld post sumtin 2 make dis tin clear me ooohh.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Stevolat: 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2011
pls any1 wif a concise explanation on dis issue shuld post sumtin 2 make dis tin clear me ooohh.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sharaff6(m): 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2011
I try to nail joysport & infinitv @ ogun state,but no signal. Plz wat may be the cause of the problem. I need help
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by jamolan(m): 7:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
Please can any one help me out. i have just tracked multitv and infinity tv on my 4669x box but no sound on some infinity tv channels. i need ur help, thanks
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Adewunmis(m): 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2011
:Dto get sound u need to upgrade ur receiver with new software.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by jamolan(m): 8:34am On Jun 13, 2011
Adewunmis:

:Dto get sound u need to upgrade your receiver with new software.

Please where can i download the new software, thank you
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lovala(m): 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
@Lovala,
long time bro. . . how the other side of FTA treating you. . .i hope fine and i hope that you no longer have problems with your Home theatre. .
the IGNORE button it is from now on.
@Freshp:
Hey, wuzzup ma broda?
I just changed house and city and am still to mount the dishes and complete my test of the D: I'll fill you in once that is done. The result of my test before I left my house was negative even after following through with all instructions. But, consultations revealed that I was supposed to have skewed the lnb on W3a to vertical instead of leaving it on horizontal for the stb to start clicking and enjoyment to come raining into my palour. But, before I get going with that how come it works with the lnb placed vertically (6 O'Clock) since one picks W3a well only when the lnb is at about 9 or 3 O' clock?
Abeg respond to my box o before oga twins t come kick us out. Take care.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by thuggle(m): 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2011
pls i want 2 know if dongle will work on my srt 4669z? Abeg, make u people no vex. If e no be right say make i talk for here, then abeg this be ma mail and number. thuggle@mcom.com +233240763466 thanks much
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by jamolan(m): 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2011
Please does anyone know how much 4900 box cost in the market, and if u are in abuja please where can one get it
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spaceman(m): 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2011
jamolan:

Please does anyone know how much 4900 box cost in the market, and if u are in abuja please where can one get it
[/quote
bros can you define your geo location in abuja? you can give me a call on 08054589716 for talk.
thank you
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2011
lovala:

@Freshp:
Hey, wuzzup ma broda?
I just changed house and city and am still to mount the dishes and complete my test of the D: I'll fill you in once that is done. The result of my test before I left my house was negative even after following through with all instructions. But, consultations revealed that I was supposed to have skewed the lnb on W3a to vertical instead of leaving it on horizontal for the stb to start clicking and enjoyment to come raining into my palour. But, before I get going with that how come it works with the lnb placed vertically (6 O'Clock) since one picks W3a well only when the lnb is at about 9 or 3 O' clock?
Abeg respond to my box o before oga twins t come kick us out. Take care.

@lovala,
You are using two stb's and if my electronics is correct there has to be a phase shift somewhere along the line. . .could be reason for the odd scew parameters. . . my own opinion any. there has to be better explanation.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by thuggle(m): 10:39am On Jun 15, 2011
almost al channels xcept superscreen on d infinity, gon scrambld. Need confirmation on dat
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Yinka4dad(m): 11:39am On Jun 15, 2011
It ws scrmble b4 bt its bck
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by versace400(m): 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2011
infinity is back
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by akatonero(m): 9:40am On Jun 16, 2011
Infinity all Scrambled only AMC free for now.Thank u.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by thuggle(m): 9:49am On Jun 16, 2011
aka tonero:

Infinity all Scrambled only AMC free for now.Thank u.

yea. Confirmed bt ma amc is gone. I think i need to rescan. Thnx 4 de info
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by GeorgeD1(m): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2011
all,
don't get too worried. we all know that infinity is at it again.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ugotuf(m): 1:03am On Jun 17, 2011
George_D:

all,
don't get too worried. we all know that infinity is at it again.
OOOH! NOOO!NOT AGAIN!,I AM HAVING A FEELING OF NOSTALGIA HERE!.FELAS YOU ALL REMEMBER DFTV?,FSTV?,TREND TV?,DAARSAT?,ET AL? AND THERE GOES ANOTHER ONE! ,MUST THEY ALWAYS MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE?WELL,LET'S GIVE INF. THE CHANCE TO REINVENT THE CIRCLE WE ALL HAVE KNOWN IS ROUND!TIME SHALL TELL.THEY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A CUE FROM MULTI TV.WHAT A PITY! cry cry cry cry
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by dsleezy: 8:18am On Jun 17, 2011
@all
i was @ infinity's omole's office just before they scrambled to find out about their card &their package.&to my shock,one of their representatives told me their is currently a scarcity of the card&that the distribution of the card to all its major dealer within lagos&environs is underway.so the question really is- why roll tapes of advert claiming the card is in circulation when almost all their dealers within ikeja axis can't boast of enough stock of decoder+car? Why toy with signal encrypting when all your package is full of repitition,poor picture quality &lack of solid content? why is this company' activities so often shrewded in secrecy? No concrete address,no real affiliation with the NBC? too many questions unanswered. That's what this infinity drana is all about. This isn't a personal attack on them,but as a tv broadcast expert myself,i just can't understand what they are up to.
on a lighter note,i'm happy to be here even if i had done so because of INFINITY TV.
cheers!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 8:34am On Jun 17, 2011
@dsleezy
welcome bro,you expertise will be much appreciated.
As per infinity only time will tell.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by curiousman66: 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2011
@all,
I'm beginning to have a feeling that infinity just enjoy of just scrambling for apparent no reason or maybe they just want to show that they too have the shoulder to go on scramble, Apart from that i don't still get it why they will even think of scrambling when they've not finished what they are supposed to as a paytv, For me I still see them as test transmission cuz certain things they do, as a normal cable tv they cannot be pardon for that. i remember i watched one particular program of theirs on click toons channel, and can u imagine that the cd or whatever it is that they were playing it kept stopping in the middle and then the next day that say program will be shown again and it will stop at the same place, and this happened for 1 week, so i asked myself, is this that they want ppl to buy their so called decoder and then pay for monthly?or are they not monitoring that because they think its kids channel so no need for any alarm?

well, if they really want to rub shoulders with the other cable tv, then they need to sit up cuz cable tv isn't like ordinary analogue tv,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ugotuf(m): 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
dsleezy:

@all
i was @ infinity's omole's office just before they scrambled to find out about their card &their package.&to my shock,one of their representatives told me their is currently a scarcity of the card&that the distribution of the card to all its major dealer within lagos&environs is underway.so the question really is- why roll tapes of advert claiming the card is in circulation when almost all their dealers within ikeja axis can't boast of enough stock of decoder+car? Why toy with signal encrypting when all your package is full of repitition,poor picture quality &lack of solid content? why is this company' activities so often shrewded in secrecy? No concrete address,no real affiliation with the NBC? too many questions unanswered. That's what this infinity drana is all about. This isn't a personal attack on them,but as a tv broadcast expert myself,i just can't understand what they are up to.
on a lighter note,i'm happy to be here even if i had done so because of INFINITY TV.
cheers!
DSLEEZY,YOU ARE WELCOME HERE.CALL IT WHAT YOU LIKE,THE TRUTH IS THAT INFINITY ARE YET TO FIND THEIR FOOTING,THEY DONT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO GO PAY PER VIEW.THE QUALITY AND CONTENT OF THEIR PROGRAMS AND THE ARRAY OF CHANNELS THEY HAVE ARE NOT ENOUGH TO GIVE THEM THE AUDACITY TO VENTURE INTO PPV.IT'S NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK ON THEM AS YOU SAID BUT I THINK THEY SHOULD QUICKLY RE-STRATEGISE BEFORE THEY CLOSE SHOP ERST THEY HAVE STARTED!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by thuggle(m): 2:04am On Jun 18, 2011
@all, dis wat i found 4rm infinity's website :

"
As part of their resolve to deliver
world class satellite television
services at affordable price to
Nigerians, Infinity TV will from
April 10, 2011 encrypt their
satellite signals. What this means
is that the honeymoon is over
for free subscribers who had
over the past months enjoyed
free uninterrupted viewership."
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by aroseyi(m): 10:07am On Jun 18, 2011
nothn 4 dem i can only usd thre decoder 2 open som cband channel
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Saipro(m): 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2011
Been following this thread for months. Not bad, if I can say so myself. Why would anyone want to pay for Infinity pay per view? We should be glad their channels are scrambled. No need to make excuses for watching mostly repeated-to-the-death programmes. Not to mention the really poor quality of some channels.

Anyway, if it's any consolation to the company, they actually aired a number of good shows. Initially. If they hit us with some good strategy - like DsTV does by broadcasting FTA every now & then, we may truly be tempted to get their boy. Until then . . . .
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lexxybb: 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ALL CRITICS
WHY ARE U ALL COMPLAINING ABT INFINITY TV'S DECISION TO SCRAMBLE THEIR CHANNELS, IN THE HISTORY OF PAY TV IN NIGERIA, HOW MANY COMPANY HAVE LEFT THEIR SIGNALS FREE OF CHARGE WITHOUT ENCRYPTION FOR UP TO A YEAR? I THINK THESE INFINITY PPLE AV TRIED, IF U WANT TO PAY THEN PAY AND IF U KNOW U CANNOT PAY, THEN STOP COMPLAINING AND STICK TO THE REMAINING FREE CHANNELS ON THE BIRD
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ lexxybb

It's rather sad that we just cant appreciate what we've got untill it's Gone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (83) (Reply)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.