Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

"Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad (41368 Views)

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by eplanning: 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
WhiteNoise:
The church is suppose to be the salt of the earth but is not leading the change in Nigeria but compounding the problem. Big churches that don't offer space for the homeless to sleep at night. Schools that the lower class can't afford. The missionaries of old were the real deal.

What if they build homes for the homeless instead of opening their gates at night to theive, robbers and terrorists.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
omokab:
you mean the noise level? That's should be a good thing because it will affect the churches most. How many mosques are you seeing making noise above the accepted level? You clearly don't know the world permitable noise level. Please you can as well tell us how churches make noise early in the morning and at night for vigil. evening time is not countable. Noise from crusade is also there. The highest disturbed religion in term of noise is Christianity.
How many mosques are you seeing making noise above the accepted level? they wake up everyone, everywhere on earth where they are are allowed to operate....That's how bad it is...
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
Chikelue2000:
Please this Man should desist from saying what he does not know. D church is not d mosque, Christianity is not Islam. infact dis two religion don't serve or worship d same God as some people think

Dis expensive schools dis Churches build, is it just for business? Muslims and other people also benefit from it. To me d church shld be commended for helping d government bridge vision of education for all.
Don mind them, when other religious groups are busy producing terrorists left, right and center..
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
geopreneur:
I support him because the main aim of churches nowadays is to make profit.
Yes, the main aim of some religion is to suppress Christianity, take their land, rape their wives, steal their children and enforce their politics to dominate others!!!
So, let's all be vigilant...

1 Like

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Esdb3: 9:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
Abrupt:
If you're going to run churches as a private organisation, you might as well pay your tax. Besides, where's the harm in paying tax? 'Big Churches' should see it as helping the country financially. Christians are the good Samaritans.

The tax paid by Nigerians as citizens are being looted so which help are you providing the government exactly? More funds to loot?!! The revenue Nigeria is generating is being wasted who is to say this won't be extra cash for them. Nigeria is a failed place and your leaders are fools
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Teekzel(m): 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
Mbediogu:

In serious matters that involve the word of God, Christians prefer to hear from the SON than from a mere messenger who in the end may miscommunicate. Mohammed's miscommunication is likely responsible for 80 percent of the world's wars and problems.
which son U mean God give birth to a son
Brodally go an make research of all the prophet and the reason why God has sent them. Jesus is a prophet just lyk all other prophet we Muslim we believe in the oness of Allah,his holybooks,his prophet,his angels,belive in destiny,and the jugdement day. This is the six attribute of faith which you! Reject
And there several places in the bible where Jesus called him self a servent of God.just as all other prophet
May God forgive you
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Esdb3: 9:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
RooRuudRonSaha:
These uninformed christians wont stop to amaze me. The cleric said churches and mosques yet you guys are not satisfied. Islam will make you commit suicide. Churches are now business centres whether you like it or not. Abi muslims dey collect tithes for their God like christians act like marketers for God.
how the Bleep is that your business?! They didn't form that up. It's a biblical thing. I don't see the FG making a law to curb the terrorist tendencies of islamites. One religion has killed millions of Nigerians and One who has done nothing is being taxed.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by toye440: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
With d way things r going in this country i sense a CRUSADE.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Lekison(m): 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
Teekzel:

which son U mean God give birth to a son
Brodally go an make research of all the prophet and the reason why God has sent them. Jesus is a prophet just lyk all other prophet we Muslim we believe in the oness of Allah,his holybooks,his prophet,his angels,belive in destiny,and the jugdement day. This is the six attribute of faith which you! Reject
And there several places in the bible where Jesus called him self a servent of God.just as all other prophet
May God forgive you
we don't serve the same God.... Jesus is the son of God.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Lekison(m): 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
Teekzel:

The Qur'an says who ever kills is like he has killed all mankind
bokoharam get their inspiration from 1samuel15:3 go and check
and yet they are Muslims.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Teekzel(m): 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
[quote author=Lekison post=52839516] we don't serve the same God.... Jesus is the son of God.[/quo
God his mighty than to have a son, so be careful about what you say he his a prophet
Just tell me how is he the son of God who is his mother
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Teekzel(m): 10:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
Lekison:
and yet they are Muslims.
how can you say so k if U say they Muslim what will you called all these naija delta? Or will you tell me because me and you where thesame shoes mean we have thesame thoughts and behaviour
You have no inch of knowledge about your religion and don't let me start with you giving you proof from your bible.you are just following it if you know you have a sincere heart and truthful not being like just following what i met plz make reseach on your religion and see the truth
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Lekison(m): 10:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
[quote author=Teekzel post=52839746][/quote]take it or leave it... Jesus is the son of God.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Teekzel(m): 10:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
Lekison:
take it or leave it... Jesus is the son of God.
what will call you yourself if you believe in God. Son of God right? Or what else
And go and read Mathew 23:8-9 how will you explain this?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by DozieInc(m): 11:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
eyeview:
A Muslim calling for tax on churches. I don't blame him. I blame Christians who lead the way in critisizing their faith publicly,calling for tax on their own faith,attacking their pastors publicly etc.
And when you do that, the Muslims will join us to critisize our faith and it's leaders while shielding theirs jealously.
you are wise
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Teekzel(m): 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
DozieInc:
you are wise
Wise in?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by DozieInc(m): 11:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
Teekzel:

Wise in?
he is wise
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by DozieInc(m): 11:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
limamintruth:

The thing is most Islamic schools( particularly the ones here in the north) are being financed by the government using tax-payers money (inclusive of christian taxpayers).

That is why they have the audacity to challenge mission schools for the high sch. fees charged. Heck, the local Islamiyya opp. my apartment in Kaduna is being funded by the State government; whereas no mission school from the same govt. receives 1kobo from the same govt.

Well , there are a lot of truths we Christians(particularly those down south) are terribly ignorant, of and same ignorance is costing us alot.
@Teezel
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Teekzel(m): 11:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
DozieInc:
he is wise
Why is he wise?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Cityguy: 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
toluwalopsy:
Wait o! Why are all these fanatics kicking against churches nowadays. Can't they mind their business. They have so many unsettled issues in their own circle yet they keep poke nosing into other circles. In fact! I don't even know what to type again sef.
That's what they do best, stoking trouble left right and centre. You never see them address myriads of problems affecting them as a people but would readily volunteer unsolicited trash whenever it concerns 'people of the book'. Someone has said it sha o- we Christians fetched ant infested firewood and now, lizards are paying us visits. Sultan I know, who is this one? Iranu abasha. Ti eyin awo ba le'wo, se enu adiye laa ti gbo?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by babaobakonami(m): 11:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
Muslims and Christians serves same God. You dont have to talk to a Man of God like dat...
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Teekzel(m): 11:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
DozieInc:

@Teezel
vividly tax is meant for development you know most part of north are regarded has less developed state that is why government fund them but tell me how many of the churches in your area pay tax or don't you know that different state pay tax for their own development. how many big churchs are there in north that government will collect from. Tax will always be tax
And you have no evidence of what you are saying may be (christian stuff inclusive)
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Cityguy: 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
Lekison:
take it or leave it... Jesus is the son of God.
Abegiii... this is 2017. You don't have to explain your faith to anyone again. Enough of time wasted on people. If they are meant to believe who you believe in, it wouldn't take you eternity to do that. Pls, spare yourself the pain and time wasting.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Teekzel(m): 11:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
Cityguy:

Abegiii... this is 2017. You don't have to explain your faith to anyone again. Enough of time wasted on people. If they are meant to believe who you believe in, it wouldn't take you eternity to do that. Pls, spare yourself the pain and time wasting.
Know that the life of this world is only a frolic and mummery, an ornamentation, boasting and bragging among yourselves, and lust for multiplying wealth and children. It is like rain so pleasing to the cultivator for his vegetation which sprouts and swells, and then begins to wither, and you see it turn to yellow and reduced to chaff. There is severe punishment in the Hereafter, but also forgiveness from God, and acceptance. As for the life of this world, it is no more than merchandise of vanity.Qur'an 57:20
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Cityguy: 11:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
babaobakonami:
Muslims and Christians serves same God. You dont have to talk to a Man of God like dat...
I wish that is true but events happening around doesn't support that position. Echoing Dino Melaye 'Why would you kill me if we serve same God?'. Answers are needed to this germane question friend.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Cityguy: 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
Teekzel:

Know that the life of this world is only a frolic and mummery, an ornamentation, boasting and bragging among yourselves, and lust for multiplying wealth and children. It is like rain so pleasing to the cultivator for his vegetation which sprouts and swells, and then begins to wither, and you see it turn to yellow and reduced to chaff. There is severe punishment in the Hereafter, but also forgiveness from God, and acceptance. As for the life of this world, it is no more than merchandise of vanity.Qur'an 57:20
Yes sir, all that known and that is why I told him not to waste his time arguing with you on the fundamentals of his faith. Besides, we all can't be of the same faith and you are fond of saying 'To you your religion and to me mine' (paraphrase maybe). So, why must we fitment trouble attacking other people's faith? Why must we do for God what He suppose to do for man? He can do all things, that's my belief.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Teekzel(m): 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
Cityguy:

I wish that is true but events happening around doesn't support that position. Echoing Dino Melaye 'Why would you kill me if we serve same God?'. Answers are needed to this germane question friend.
at first what is the reason for him to be killed?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Cityguy: 11:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
Teekzel:

at first what is the reason for him to be killed?
Thank you sir. I really don't want to go that lane of going forth and back. I appreciate you for your time.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Teekzel(m): 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
Cityguy:

Yes sir, all that known and that is why I told him not to waste his time arguing with you on the fundamentals of his faith. Besides, we all can't be of the same faith and you are fond of saying 'To you your religion and to me mine' (paraphrase maybe). So, why must we fitment trouble attacking other people's faith? Why must we do for God what He suppose to do for man? He can do all things, that's my belief.
Yes
God increases or decreases the fortunes of whosoever He will, and they rejoice in the life of this world. Yet the life of this world is nothing but a merchandise as compared to the life of the next.Qur'an 13:26
The unbelievers say: "How is it that no miracle was sent down to him by his Lord?" Say; "God leads whosoever He wills astray, and guides whoever turns to Him in repentance.Qur'an 13:27
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by chiraqDemon(m): 12:00am On Jan 16, 2017
Truth sha
Churches that run business should pay tax
Pastors that earn salaries from churches should pay tax
As long as u get paid for the work u should pay tax and as long as ur church is run as an organisation then u should pay tax as other organisations do
But unfortunately ppl think this is more about the muslims vs christian fight

Seriously i dont give a fvxk about churches they just suck the finances out of ppl that fall for it
Eg i saw some body that had no money trying to borrow money to put offering in church and i just asked why would u borrow to give God if u dont have in the first place.
Even borrowed 10k to sow seed and after 2 months the seed did not germinate and then the person he borrowed from put him in a cell for a week
He got out 2 weeks ago and he is borrowing money again to put offering
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 6:25am On Jan 16, 2017
Esdb3:
how the Bleep is that your business?! They didn't form that up. It's a biblical thing. I don't see the FG making a law to curb the terrorist tendencies of islamites. One religion has killed millions of Nigerians and One who has done nothing is being taxed.
ur religion has killed billions through proxy wars, gambling, drugs, prostitution, rituals,tithes etc.

1 Like

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Ramlay(m): 7:32am On Jan 16, 2017
What' wrong with Nigerian?please read the content of the post before commenting, all this bloggers are envy to see u guys living harmoniously.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bodmas Kemepadei Dumps Christianity For Egbesu Worship (Photo) / Pastor Elis Apologizes For Groping Ariana Grande's Boobs At Aretha's Funeral / Stephanie Otobo: "I Was Not Paid To Confess, I Will Name My Sponsors In Court"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.