Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House (54872 Views)

Burial Photos Of Chuks Okebata, U.S Army Veteran Killed By Gunmen In Imo State / Obituary Poster Of Chuks Okebata, Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed In Imo / Burial Poster Of Chuks Okebata, U.S Army Veteran Kidnapped And Killed In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by kenoz(m): 12:03pm On Jan 16, 2017
May his soul RIP

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by KillJoy62(m): 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
wit dis kind of news tell me why won't dis heartless criminals don't deserve J.J, later u all cock suckers wld come out nd start saying no to jungle justice. u guys is not everywer dat human rights can function, a criminal has no right as far as I am concerned, nd i pray i get my hands on anyone of dem, be it little baby criminal or any he wld be barbecued nd spiced for hell.
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by MrCEO69(m): 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
ZUBY77:
This is why I am very angry with the soft laws against kidnappers.
Lagos state said they will only kill kidnappers if the victim dies.
Why wait until the victims dies?
Kill any convicted kidnapper instantly, they are animals.

in Anambra state, every thing ur family own is taking, if u build a house they will demolish it and u will still be kill. Ur family will be like an outcast in that community.
Now u can't hear of kidnap in Anambra state. The chief of staff (GUO boss) was once kidnap so he knows what he pass thru in their hands.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by MrCEO69(m): 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2017
This is why u need not to hv problem with any body. He might hv had issue with sm1 b4 leaving Nigeria, who know. They didn't ask for ransom, they just killed him. So this isnt kidnap but to tk out.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by 9jatatafo(m): 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2017
pathetic and sad. the heart of man!!!
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by eyinjuege: 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
Bad belle seems to be on the increase.
Why are people so evil like this? They want to inherit his house or its just plain jealousy?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by GMBuhari: 12:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
DEWKID:

when you get to accept a simple mistake life would be easy for you MR Perfection

There's correction and there's insulting, if you read his comment you would know he meant to insult me, I don't process trash, I return it to sender, the fact that no achievement or age verification is required on NL doesn't mean a boy whose balls probably hasn't even dropped into its sacks should insult me. I won't take that from anybody
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by Gome23: 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
Y is the heart of men so wicked.............

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by DEWKID(m): 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
GMBuhari:

There's correction and there's insulting, if you read his comment you would know he meant to insult me, I don't process trash, I return it to sender, the fact that no achievement or age verification is required on NL doesn't mean a boy whose balls probably hasn't even dropped into its sacks should insult me. I won't take that from anybody

Now i get your point Sir smiley
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by ephi123(f): 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
And this is how this thread became an online English class lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by claremont(m): 1:25pm On Jan 16, 2017
hardbody:

Reasoning out the law, the idea is to persuade the kidnappers to not kill their victims. There is wisdom in that law. If a kidnapper will invariably die when caught, he should have no qualms killing the victim who may identify him later in life even during a parade, so it's thought best to not have that sword of damocles over their head if they will at least spare their victims. Good law if you ask me.

On the other hand, there is a law that prescribes the death penalty for armed robbery, that law still hasn't curbed armed robbery. I don't support the death penalty, but there has to be uniformity in the laws against violent crimes. Kidnapping for ransom is a violent crime which warrants the same sentence as armed robbery.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by hardbody: 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
claremont:

On the other hand, there is a law that prescribes the death penalty for armed robbery, that law still hasn't curbed armed robbery. I don't support the death penalty, but there has to be uniformity in the laws against violent crimes. Kidnapping for ransom is a violent crime which warrants the same sentence as armed robbery.

There is a lot of sense in your post, I never really juxtaposed both laws, although it will seem that because I had grown to know that armed robbery is punishable upon conviction by a death sentence, at least here in Nigeria, I have taken it for granted.

I still believe that both crimes cannot be put in the same pigeon-hole.
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by Fixdon3000: 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
May God have His Way.
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by PStacks(m): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
deji15:
Nigerian U.S Army veteran kidnapped and killed after he came back home to complete his house in Imo State

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/01/heartbreaking-photos-of-nigerian-us.html

These photos are just heartbreaking, looking at his kids and the house he just completed. If only he had stayed back in the U.S!

He came back to Nigeria after he finished building his mansion in the village, only to be abducted and shot on the 12th of January. Read the story according to his sister, Lilian Ndiukwu below...

"What a wicked world.... who has done this to My BIG BRO? A USA veteran who just came back this Xmas after building his beautiful house(mansion)in the village not knowing that the enemies has an evil plan against him.
They abducted and shot him dead yesterday night. I Can't believe this, can someone wake me up from this nightmare? Who did this to u Bro?

I could remember the last time we spoke on phone that whn u come bk, we will visit the LESS PRIVILEGE nd nt knowing dt this will be the last call we made. Can't stop crying for you BRO CHUKS . An iroko has fallen. Those that killed you will never know peace and their generation will never go unpunished. GOD WILL AVENGE FOR YOU R.I. P(LA NA UDO)

just see this biafran video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeI5qLr9Ru0

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by chijayjay: 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
It is very unfortunate this took place in my hometown where he hails from, but the story sorrounding his death is too expensive.

He hasn't spent over a month (hadn't stepped on too many toes) in the southeast that could warrant someone to abduct and kill him.

His abduction and killing happened after he actually went to bid farewell (At the Airport) to his american colleaguez whom came with him to his village.

RIP, Big Bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by chijayjay: 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2017
matrix199:
So sad

This was the same way a matron of a community in Imo state, who came back to Nigeria with her late husband from the U.K to develop the community by building an international school and a catholic church in the community, was kidnapped by some wicked youth on her way to church. The elders went round the community demanding for her release else a curse would be placed on the perpetrators. They eventually released her, but not without injecting her with a substance that made her lose her mind. Right now, the woman is a vegetable. She can't talk, can't do anything on her own.

The wickedness of man has no limit or halt. We should take caution, and mind where and how we display wealth.

THIS SORT OF INJECTING ISN'T POSSIBLE BY SOME ORDINARY COMMUNITY YOUTHS WITHOUT COLLABORATION WITH HIGHLY PLACED INDIVIDUALS OR TECHNOLOGY.

May She heal quickly, IJN. Amen.
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:
Buhari is really a bad luck Who voted this man?
ipob,no be una dey kidnap una sef? Enemies of progress

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
rip to you man whatever part is hidden will remain open in d sight of God the circumstances surrounding ur death is open to God alone
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by Brushless: 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
syndrum:
Naija.. the land of the glory Beefers...
E fit be because e no greet one old woman well ooo Or e take hn car splash water on an unfortunate being mistakenly...

who knows?
If it is that, they will kill him spiritually, but in this instance they shot him dead. Possibly an hired assassination or he was confronted by some robbers and with his size, he may attempt to disarm them leading to his being shot dead. RIP to him. He looks too good to die.
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by EAZY2422(m): 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2017
GMBuhari:

Just so you know, I went through your posts Mr Voltron

Apparently you can't construct your own sentence and your spellings are horrible, and don't tell me you were shortening your words, this is not Instagram

Write a full sentence with correct spellings then I'll know you deserve attention
hahahahahaha......i hear u james bond....tank goodness me u sure knw d reason i shorten ma sentences...but guess wat?i hav notin to proof to a stiff headed dude like u. so,bounce.nd jst for d records pls try to adhere to corrections it'll do u a whole lot of gud if nt nw,for d future.sturborn boy.
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by EAZY2422(m): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
wizard007:

At least its typographical, ITK. Read your post and see how many of them you have in it. Even the post you quoted is quite readable and presentebale than yours. Dude grab yourself and stop feeling like Eisten
now,here comes d chief judge. Afta all ur defence hw has it changed ur bank account?dude i can't claim to be einstien cos am clearly nt. am me nd hav my own mind.i neva attempted to degrade or disrespect d dude. i jst gave him a simple advice datz all.but since u want make it more serious than it was intended,u can go fvck urselves u both.it clearly shows u are gay partners p***y
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by wizard007(m): 12:18am On Jan 17, 2017
EAZY2422:
now,here comes d chief judge. Afta all ur defence hw has it changed ur bank account?dude i can't claim to be einstien cos am clearly nt. am me nd hav my own mind.i neva attempted to degrade or disrespect d dude. i jst gave him a simple advice datz all.but since u want make it more serious than it was intended,u can go fvck urselves u both.it clearly shows u are gay partners p***y

Dem suppose dey screen people wey go dey use social media, if not you this small rat sef dey word for my presence

You were preaching against what you exude and you call that advice, who needs advice between you both.

I no ready for you tonight, but ive marked your face boy

Modified.

I no even check your profile before, shey I talk am say you be smallie, see your shoe like canoe you dey ask me whether my bank account change for telling you the truth. Anu o fia
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by Hormorthorshor(m): 7:30am On Jan 17, 2017
Orikinla1:
I have reported to the appropriate authorities in the US.
If I knew of the kidnap, we would have done our best to rescue him. An American soldier is an American soldier, whether serving or veteran.

My suspicion is someone who knew him in their village planned this.

Number 1 Rule of Survival: TRUST NO HUMAN.
Including yourself.
In Nigeria, dogs are more faithful and loyal than Nigerians.

With due respect sir. You might have always encountered the bad eggs. But I can assure you that there are decent, trustworthy and responsible Nigerians. More than you could imagine. Please investigate this.
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by InvertedHammer: 11:19am On Jan 17, 2017
/
The wife planned the assassination.

I saw some videos of how they lived like a cat and a dog even to the point of fighting in front of their children.

The wife seized their house in US and kicked him out.

He went and built the one in Nigeria. She decided to assassinate him.

Stop going to Nigeria to marry, folks will not listen.
\\

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by logica(m): 11:25am On Jan 17, 2017
InvertedHammer:
/
The wife planned the assassination.

I saw some videos of how they lived like a cat and a dog even to the point of fighting in front of their children.

The wife seized their house in US and kicked him out.

He went and built the one in Nigeria. She decided to assassinate him.

Stop going to Nigeria to marry, folks will not listen.
\\
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by Omen100(m): 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
logica:
shocked shocked shocked

He/She may not be far from the truth.

you guys just need to see the desperation been displayed by the wife and she is also the biggest beneficiary of the man's death.

If he was allowed to settle down in Nigeria, he would have married another wife which is a threat to the wife in the US.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by EAZY2422(m): 8:39am On Jan 18, 2017
wizard007:

Dem suppose dey screen people wey go dey use social media, if not you this small rat sef dey word for my presence

You were preaching against what you exude and you call that advice, who needs advice between you both.

I no ready for you tonight, but ive marked your face boy

Modified.

I no even check your profile before, shey I talk am say you be smallie, see your shoe like canoe you dey ask me whether my bank account change for telling you the truth. Anu o fia
lwkm ooo....if dey do screen piple who use social media,ur nt far frm d first 3.nd for sure am a smally ooo....if u tink am ur mate den u tink again cvnt..if u had stayed on ur lane i wuldn't hav lashed u u knw..but dude jst bounce.if u confident enuf show yaself nah.d**khead.go fvck urself already
Re: Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed After He Came Back Home To Complete His House by lovat(m): 7:23am On Jan 19, 2017
ojdollars:

His Wife should as a matter of urgency be questioned if she is Nigerian. He may probably be divorced from her or they still married and she killed her for the life insurance policy. Because killing him in Nigeria would shift the suspicion, contact the U.S embassy, find a way to trace everyone who called him and text him before.

Women do a lot of bad stuff for money and a new man in the U.S. I am in the same community as him so I know a lot
Good morning, i saw your message. I ll send you my number so that we can converse through whatsapp if you don't mind. My email has an ish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests and Jails Solomon Martin King for Romance Scam (photo) / Lady Flogged By Her Brothers For Cheating On Her Husband / Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.