Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

N458bn Lagos-ibadan New Rail Project To Begin Feb - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N458bn Lagos-ibadan New Rail Project To Begin Feb (14203 Views)

Buhari Completes 12 Stations Of The Abuja Light Rail Project (Pictures) / Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri / The N458bn Lagos-ibadan New Rail Project To Commence By February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N458bn Lagos-ibadan New Rail Project To Begin Feb by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 16, 2017
HtwoOw:
Two reasons

First Because APC (Maybe not Buhari ) will win the coming elections

If they don't do it , then who will ?

Further information , it's a Nigeria/Chinese deal, already funded with help from Chinese goverment, to be executed by Chinese contractors not Nigerian contractors , The project will be completed as stipulated in the contract

Don't be an enemy of progress

Good point, but you are only being a politician.

Railway contracts have always been awarded to non Nigerian companies since time.

Whatever party wins, am only concerned about how fast and well it affects the grassroots.. this same rail project has always been in our budgets since God know when. Would we not see better and faster results when better and wider roads cuts across everywhere while we await the rail project we have always been promised off?

Lets not put the cart before the horse..
When we are satisfied to a reasonble level with our roads we can embark on rail projects

Lagos - ibadan is a wonderful project going on.
I travelled to the east for a project, was amazed the at the good road from ore to ebonyi. Does it not serve better in the short run than a 10year rail project which might not eventually come.

Am only reasoning in line with Nigerian dirty politics
Re: N458bn Lagos-ibadan New Rail Project To Begin Feb by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 16, 2017
BabaEleko:

I pity the head accommodating this kind of brain.

Okay... a good way to start a monday from a brilliant mind.. kudos to your parents
Re: N458bn Lagos-ibadan New Rail Project To Begin Feb by dapsonlou(m): 10:21am On Jan 16, 2017
Adminisher:
Let me tell you the potentials of this project.
People will live in Ibadan and be working in Lagos.
They will close from the office at 4pm and get home at 6. The railway will create a corridor of logistic hubs and factories along its route.

Only China can do this thing.

Lots of people don't understand the benefits of a rail line. I use to live in Rhode island and Work in Boston Massachusetts, I was at work by 9am and home by 7pm, by road I would make it home by 930 because of traffic. I Just hope they finish it. They can even transport containers to Ibadan , saving us from Container truck traveling at 5 kilometer per hour.
Re: N458bn Lagos-ibadan New Rail Project To Begin Feb by UgojiC(m): 10:44am On Jan 16, 2017
sarrki:
Good news
Even otuoke is not left out
Wailers can claim that it's Jonathan projects
They have no small shame.
God bless Muhammadu Buhari
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Re: N458bn Lagos-ibadan New Rail Project To Begin Feb by dantori(m): 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
Esseite:

Good point, but you are only being a politician.

Railway contracts have always been awarded to non Nigerian companies since time.

Whatever party wins, am only concerned about how fast and well it affects the grassroots.. this same rail project has always been in our budgets since God know when. Would we not see better and faster results when better and wider roads cuts across everywhere while we await the rail project we have always been promised off?

Lets not put the cart before the horse..
When we are satisfied to a reasonble level with our roads we can embark on rail projects

Lagos - ibadan is a wonderful project going on.
I travelled to the east for a project, was amazed the at the good road from ore to ebonyi. Does it not serve better in the short run than a 10year rail project which might not eventually come.

Am only reasoning in line with Nigerian dirty politics

so as wise and future seeing as you are you didn't read the part where they said paucity of funds has caused it not to progress over time and another part where they said the FG has made its own funds available.

To God I hate pessimists.
Re: N458bn Lagos-ibadan New Rail Project To Begin Feb by BabaEleko(m): 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
Esseite:

Okay... a good way to start a monday from a brilliant mind.. kudos to your parents

And shoutout to yours too, they did their best.
Re: N458bn Lagos-ibadan New Rail Project To Begin Feb by deomelo: 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2017
Esseite:
With just approximately 2yrs to go.... including 1year political campaigns?.....

I foresee Abandoned project eventually.

Why dont you start with projects that wont last that long, expand and build better and standard roads.

Their are lots of projects that would get to the masses faster as time is no longer on your side.
Coupled with the situation of the economy, short term impactful projects are needed more.

I just feel we have only ear-marked campaign funds, just like the monorail that never took off..

You failed to tell us the kinds of projects that gets to the masses faster.

1. $11 billion project is a massive projects that connects many states and communities in Nigeria and apart from the fact that this is the largest infrastructure project in Nigeria and the whole of West Africa, it's set to create thousands of jobs all over many states and communities in Nigeria from construction jobs to food vendors and related sub jobs down the live. So, you mean the jobs created by this project won't feed and house thousands of Nigerian families?

2. Connecting the southern Nigeria or half of Nigeria via fast rail system with stops in economically important ports and commerce centers means increased economic growth and commercial activities in many states and communities which at the end of the day translates to improved taxes/IGR needed for infrastructural development including in your own state.

The enormous positive effect of this single project is limitless and it's even the best thing ever in Southern Nigeria.

$12 billion project in your backyard is money in your pocket and something to be very proud of...
Re: N458bn Lagos-ibadan New Rail Project To Begin Feb by ikwubaba: 5:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
deomelo:

You failed to tell us the kinds of projects that gets to the masses faster.

1. $11 billion project is a massive projects that connects many states and communities in Nigeria and apart from the fact that this is the largest infrastructure project in Nigeria and the whole of West Africa, it's set to create thousands of jobs all over many states and communities in Nigeria from construction jobs to food vendors and related sub jobs down the live. So, you mean the jobs created by this project won't feed and house thousands of Nigerian families?

2. Connecting the southern Nigeria or half of Nigeria via fast rail system with stops in economically important ports and commerce centers means increased economic growth and commercial activities in many states and communities which at the end of the day translates to improved taxes/IGR needed for infrastructural development including in your own state.

The enormous positive effect of this single project is limitless and it's even the best thing ever in Southern Nigeria.

$12 billion project in your backyard is money in your pocket and something to be very proud of...

Una get time dey answer these people?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dignitaries At Ndigbo Summit On Restructuring In Awka (Photos) / Malami To Pursue 2023 Presidential Ambition With Firm Control Of EFCC Fund - SR / Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.