Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,011 members, 7,956,749 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign (14250 Views)

Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo / We Are Solidly Behind Buhari, No Room For Any Other Party In South West - Tinubu / I Don’t Think Atiku Can Defeat Buhari. No, He Can’t – Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by Ofunaofu: 5:26am On Nov 11, 2022

•Says politicians won’t be allowed to intimidate voters with money

President Muhammadu Buhari has said there was no going back on the planned redesign of the N1,000, N500, and N200 bank notes.

He spoke against the backdrop of public criticisms that have trailed the announcement on October 26 by the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, that the apex bank would redesign the Naira.

In an interview with the NTA after meeting his Royal Majesty, King Charles III in Buckingham Palace, on Wednesday, Buhari said his government would not jettison the plan. He also said politicians would not be allowed to intimidate voters with money in the 2023 general elections.

“No going back. My aim is to make sure that Nigerians believe that we respect them as an administration. So, Nigerians should vote for whoever they like from whichever political party. Nobody will be allowed to mobilise resources and thugs to intimidate people in any constituency. That is what I want to go down in Nigerian history for as a leader.”

The president said he met with King Charles III to foster Nigeria’s bilateral relationship with the United Kingdom.

He said King Charles III asked him whether he has a house in the UK or not.

“He (King Charles III) asked me whether I have a house here (in the UK), I said no, I live in Nigeria alone, the only house I have are those I have before I got into government and I am not very much interested in having houses all over the place. I feel much freer when I have nothing,” the President said.

Buhari said Nigeria had a large market and that it was only wise for the business relationship between the two countries to be nurtured.

“Firstly, we are to meet with the King in Kigali, but unfortunately, the meeting was postponed. He is interested very much in Nigeria, maybe because of Nigeria’s relationship with Britain for long, our economic strength, I think we are still of great attachment to them,” he said.

Buhari said the British monarch spoke very well of Nigeria and wanted the relationship to continue.

The President is on medical vacation in the Uk and is expected back in time
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/no-going-back-on-naira-redesign-buhari/

13 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by ademasta(m): 5:28am On Nov 11, 2022
Of course it's an international practice to deter currency vulnerability.

Most world Central Banks redesign every 5 to 8 years.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by Acidosis(m): 5:40am On Nov 11, 2022
Says politicians won’t be allowed to intimidate voters with money

Well, I like this part.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by Stephen0mozzy: 5:45am On Nov 11, 2022
Hehe... Y'all think Bros was joking when he was saying CHANGE?

Epa has been steady dishing out changes...latest being changing the naira design.

Remember, the new naira note has an "anti-election bribery chip embedded in it"

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by Googledotcom: 6:21am On Nov 11, 2022
Buhari do and go I'm tired already.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by PrinceOfLagos: 6:23am On Nov 11, 2022
What will. Tinubu now do with all the money in his bullion vans parked in his house and some buried in his house ?

So the money go waste like that ..

37 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 11, 2022
Well spoken

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by 1gbdata: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2022
2023 elections will offer Nigerians the opportunity to redesign their country like the new Notes.

We need to change those leaders that have created problems for Nigerians.

Deep down in our hearts, we all know the right man who is ready to help us take back our country.

#OBI

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by coconutbag: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2022
Bubu seems to be getting this one right for the first time.

20 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
What will. Tinubu now do with all the money in his bullion vans parked in his house and some buried in his house ?

Its in dollars, slowpoke!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by veekid(m): 7:51am On Nov 11, 2022
Ogun kee you
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by khadeejari: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u9JYIgkmSA

It usually strange for coaches to not know the names of their players.

Cameroon coach Rigobert Song left many confused during the announcement of his own team.

People are even asking if the players were imposed on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHr1UjYoprQ
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by temitope27(m): 7:51am On Nov 11, 2022
Very good

CLEAR THE WAY, JAGABAN IS COMING

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by Elostar: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2022
Let me quickly break this my Piggy bank wet I don't dey save 1000 daily since January, go put am for bank b4 I go hear say the don't change am oohhh

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by Jestin: 7:52am On Nov 11, 2022
The naira should be redesigned and strict penalty for those spraying it. Our naira look like tissue paper self

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by olatade(m): 7:52am On Nov 11, 2022
The fear of New Naira Notes is the beginning of wisdom.the CBN deserves commendation for coming up with this wonderful policy.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by Tboymessiah(m): 7:52am On Nov 11, 2022
NasoLifeBe!!!
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by abjonline(m): 7:52am On Nov 11, 2022
Tinubu and Atiku now in trouble

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by jubrilELsudan: 7:52am On Nov 11, 2022
WHAT YOU ALL DON'T REALIZE IS THAT BUHARI IS DOING EVERYTHING IN HIS POWER TO MAKE SURE THAT TINUBU DOES NOT ENTER ASO ROCK

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by hapsattaddawus: 7:53am On Nov 11, 2022
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by PandoraObi: 7:53am On Nov 11, 2022
bjg
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by temitope27(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2022
veekid:
Ogun kee you
grin

12 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by dam2000(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2022
Mr you have no direction B4 shot up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by Racoon(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2022
Same senseless policy during his failed reign as HOS(1983-1985). Same senseless policy during his evil regime in 2015-2023.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by bigdammyj: 7:55am On Nov 11, 2022
Noted.
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by Kurumaru: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2022
I concur with baba on this..

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign by tabaralph: 7:58am On Nov 11, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

The person that done this to you will not die well…zombie

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits Makinde, Commiserates With Victims Of Ibadan Explosion / David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action / Marketers Ration Petrol, Lock Gates Against Motorists In Lagos, Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.