Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,367 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down (40648 Views)

Photos Of Gambians Brutalised By Jammeh's Soldiers In His Final Days / Gambians React As ECOWAS Unveils Agreement Signed With Jammeh Which Favours Him / Gambians Jubilate As Yahya Jammeh Leaves Presidential Palace. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Rick9(m): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2017
Africa leaders and stupidity.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by TinaAnita(f): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2017
Nigerians can never do this, we would rather stay put, hang in and wait for death to come...
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Goahead(m): 9:21am On Jan 16, 2017
XXLDICK:
If na me, I go use the opportunity go seek asylum for Europe. cool
You too can exploit this opportunity as a Nigerian
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by nickxtra(m): 9:21am On Jan 16, 2017
ebosie11:
Below are photos of Gambia citizens leaving the country in their hundreds over imminent war, following Jammeh's refusal to step down when his tenure ends.Amb Uyero Erarawewho Jnr shared the photos yesterday and wrote.....

'My heart is heavy for the Citizens of Gambia at the moment with pictures sent to me today. Citizens are running for their life. Am calling on my brother who is also the Minister of Information Hon. Seedy S.K Njie, to join hands with President Yayeh Jammeh in bring Peace to the Republic. It is not too late we still have some days to make everything right'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/gambia-citizens-leaving-their-country-n.html?m=1
Refugee crises imminent in West Africa.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by neonly: 9:21am On Jan 16, 2017
XXLDICK:

Guy u dey smart die
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Royalfurnitures: 9:22am On Jan 16, 2017
African leaders and their mentality, Jammeh should just leave for God's sake and save the people this trauma

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Onogiede(m): 9:22am On Jan 16, 2017
Who the gods want to kill it first make mouth,..it will n't take 3days for our galant soldiers to take him out of seat
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by 1shortblackboy: 9:22am On Jan 16, 2017
Yettt some people would like to down play what jonathan did as if its d norm in Africa when we we all know its among d very few exceptions

5 Likes

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by revivalistdee(m): 9:22am On Jan 16, 2017
XXLDICK:

you and this your extra~extra large prick. no dey take am talk nonsense
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by softMarket(m): 9:23am On Jan 16, 2017
Sorry
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by TeleboiZ005(m): 9:23am On Jan 16, 2017
Waiting 4 2019 like kilode grin grin
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Bimpe29: 9:24am On Jan 16, 2017
A stich in time saves nine. Is better for them to leave before Jammeh's selfishness cause them their lives.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by ffrreeee(f): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2017
War everywhere you go, just like mtn. May God help us
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by bettercreature(m): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2017
julioralph:
I don't support Jammeh, but it will be foolish of ecowas to use force
The best option is to use force otherwise other african leaders wont be stepping down when they lose election

2 Likes

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by abnsugbe: 9:26am On Jan 16, 2017
juliusnobisugo:
Everytime I read stories about jammeh, I just thank God for giving us Goodluck Jonathan... I just hope buhari won't follow jammehs footsteps

people are blaming Jammeh forgetting he is a muslim doing allahs will

6 Likes

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Burgerlomo: 9:26am On Jan 16, 2017
This is not good at all
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by emi14: 9:28am On Jan 16, 2017
XXLDICK:

What is in Europe. Which country in Europe.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Eazybay(m): 9:28am On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:
Let us for once refuse to follow the general consensus. What if jameeh is right that the election is rigged? What is the way out? Why are the other leaders shutting him out without a fair hearing? The solution is not always war. What the ecowas leaders should do is to give everybody fair hearing...1) by helping the tiny nation with judges that can speedily hear their cases at the supreme court. 2) if need be, reorganize the election under strict reviews monitoring. The guy also deserved a fair hearing and there is a reason why electoral disputes are taken to court. What we are all saying is that he couldn't ever win. The electoral body is not infallible so the rule of law should be allowed to prevail not force

General consensus (African) simply states: As a President with all d resources at ur beck and call, u can't in fact u can NEVER be outrigged.

1 Like

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by FILEBE(m): 9:28am On Jan 16, 2017
juliusnobisugo:
Everytime I read stories about jammeh, I just thank God for giving us Goodluck Jonathan... I just hope buhari won't follow jammehs footsteps

I always cringe when I hear this about Jonathan conceding easily. It doesn't make sense that we applaud someone for what is normal. Is he not suppose to step down? as in... I just don't get it.

I understand that if he hadn't, we might not be enjoying the peace we have now but who exactly is to blame for the trend? It is us. We, the masses who idolize them? we allow them use us as "machineries" we become sentimentally devoted to them. If we could just sit and reason for once, we might get this right in the country. It is 99 against the 1%. Unity breaks all barriers. Unity is all we need to survive as a nation.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by KingsJohnson(m): 9:29am On Jan 16, 2017
thesicilian:
Don't they have snipers to take out this Jammeh guy?

How many persons have you taken down in your own country Nigeria??

2 Likes

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by XXLDICK(m): 9:30am On Jan 16, 2017
emi14:

What is in Europe. Which country in Europe.
Germany. But been in any country in the euro zone grants you access to several countries in the euro zone. Just like ECOWAS
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by lekkie073(m): 9:31am On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:
Let us for once refuse to follow the general consensus. What if jameeh is right that the election is rigged? What is the way out? Why are the other leaders shutting him out without a fair hearing? The solution is not always war. What the ecowas leaders should do is to give everybody fair hearing...1) by helping the tiny nation with judges that can speedily hear their cases at the supreme court. 2) if need be, reorganize the election under strict reviews monitoring. The guy also deserved a fair hearing and there is a reason why electoral disputes are taken to court. What we are all saying is that he couldn't ever win. The electoral body is not infallible so the rule of law should be allowed to prevail not force
its not about him being right about the election being rigged..... The problem is after ruling a country for 20yrs u Still want to perpetuate urself in power at all cost.....

Dats just toooooooooooo bahd
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by ArabMopol(m): 9:31am On Jan 16, 2017
this AFONJA ppl are power drunk... meanwhile I volunteer to accommodate 5 beautiful Gambia ladies, I will give them asylum in my palace
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Longcucumber(m): 9:31am On Jan 16, 2017
juliusnobisugo:
nigeria resemble gambia for your eyes.me and you know that no idiot will try that shi!t in this country.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 16, 2017
Neroanna:
embarassed
take heart, but we're suffering more than they're doing currently embarassed
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by julioralph(m): 9:32am On Jan 16, 2017
bettercreature:
The best option is to use force otherwise other african leaders wont be stepping down when they lose election
I am more concerned about the innocent citizens. see how they are all fleeing the country..

even if ecowas decides to use force, there will always be soldiers loyal to Jammeh to the end. 2ndly his despotic friends abroad will certainly give him more arms to fight. you know what that means...

we don't need this in W/Africa again.

1 Like

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by sweetmusictv: 9:32am On Jan 16, 2017
FILEBE:

I always cringe when I hear this about Jonathan conceding easily. It doesn't make sense that we applaud someone for what is normal. Is he not suppose to step down? as in... I just don't get it.

I understand that if he hadn't, we might not be enjoying the peace we have now but who exactly is to blame for the trend? It is us. We, the masses who idolize them? we allow them use us as "machineries" we become sentimentally devoted to them. If we could just sit and reason for once, we might get this right in the country. It is 99 against the 1%. Unity breaks all barriers. Unity is all we need to survive as a nation.

And.... what are you trying to insinuate?

Bottom line: No one can satisfy human beings
To Goodluck Respect!

1 Like

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by XXLDICK(m): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2017
Goahead:
You too can exploit this opportunity as a Nigerian
How everyone knows Boko Haram is only a regional threat, not national.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by skunkboy: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2017
WAR is everywhere and follow me i get you smiles to the bank soon .
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by emi14: 9:34am On Jan 16, 2017
voicelez:
where is Africa as a continent heading to

The same road Nigeria as a country is traveling
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by XXLDICK(m): 9:34am On Jan 16, 2017
revivalistdee:

you and this your extra~extra large prick. no dey take am talk nonsense
How doesn't it make sense
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by EmekaBlue(m): 9:34am On Jan 16, 2017
so his army to help him fight r national army ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ / Emmanuel Macron, Justin Trudeau, Boris Johnson Caught On Tape Gossiping Trump / Israel's Navy Ready To Attack Hezbollah From The Sea Like Never Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.