Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down (40650 Views)

Photos Of Gambians Brutalised By Jammeh's Soldiers In His Final Days / Gambians React As ECOWAS Unveils Agreement Signed With Jammeh Which Favours Him / Gambians Jubilate As Yahya Jammeh Leaves Presidential Palace. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by thesicilian: 11:57am On Jan 16, 2017
ChukwuemekaVal:
Please, if you have one, he/has a job to do for Nigerians
Better not be Mr. Bubu you're thinking of o
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by joinnow: 11:57am On Jan 16, 2017
The guyman want to end like Gadaffi
Or Assad dey give am liver
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by bignero: 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:
Let us for once refuse to follow the general consensus. What if jameeh is right that the election is rigged? What is the way out? Why are the other leaders shutting him out without a fair hearing? The solution is not always war. What the ecowas leaders should do is to give everybody fair hearing...1) by helping the tiny nation with judges that can speedily hear their cases at the supreme court. 2) if need be, reorganize the election under strict reviews monitoring. The guy also deserved a fair hearing and there is a reason why electoral disputes are taken to court. What we are all saying is that he couldn't ever win. The electoral body is not infallible so the rule of law should be allowed to prevail not force

are you smarter than the various international bodies, head of states and vips whom are asking him to step down because evidently he lost?
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by julioralph(m): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
bettercreature:
Most of the generals will defect immediately ecowas troop enters Gambia.Most of them don't actually like Jammeh but they are worried about the outcome of the whole situation
It must be ecowas flight if you want it to avoid civil war because it's certain Jammeh has his own supporters as well so it must not be Borrow vs Jammeh
About the innocent citizens,they have no choice! some of them we pay with their lives and that is why the wise ones are leaving
the generals should have ousted jammeh, if indeed they dislike him dat much.
I do hope ecowas will use peaceful means sha, whats the use of inflicting war/hardship on d same gambian populace dat you want to 'help'
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Yujin(m): 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:
Let us for once refuse to follow the general consensus. What if jameeh is right that the election is rigged? What is the way out? Why are the other leaders shutting him out without a fair hearing? The solution is not always war. What the ecowas leaders should do is to give everybody fair hearing...1) by helping the tiny nation with judges that can speedily hear their cases at the supreme court. 2) if need be, reorganize the election under strict reviews monitoring. The guy also deserved a fair hearing and there is a reason why electoral disputes are taken to court. What we are all saying is that he couldn't ever win. The electoral body is not infallible so the rule of law should be allowed to prevail not force
You have a point. What if Jammeh was right? To get a clue to what is happening in The Gambia, you have to investigate who his opponent (Adama Barrow)is. Does he have any connection with Nigeria and to be specific- Buhari? All these are questions that help us understand what's happening. Why is Buhari eager to drag other countries to unseat him without hearing him out? Let's do the research and speak out based on concrete reasons. Thanks
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by scachy(m): 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
More reason to appreciate GEJ for his maturity and statesmanship.despite evidence of massive rigging and underage voting in the north, he humbly accepted defeat. Zombies keep off this thread please. Don't quote me.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by shukudi(m): 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
joliyp:
this could ve been us tanks to smart jonathan
it is too early in a new year to be foolish. There was nothing smart about what GEJ did. He was defeated and he handed over peacefully. It is ppl like u that dance on the streets when the government commission a new road, which is their constitutional responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by emi14: 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2017
XXLDICK:

Germany. But been in any country in the euro zone grants you access to several countries in the euro zone. Just like ECOWAS

I have been to 4 countries in Europe. I understand your view. Life is not easy in Europe as it use to be.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by XXLDICK(m): 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
emi14:

I have been to 4 countries in Europe. I understand your view. Life is not easy in Europe as it use to be.
I can't tell sha, nq only pictures I dey see grin grin grin

I know Europe's economy is declining especially Spain, Italy and most countries in Eastern Europe especially Greece. But men, far better than Nigeria and Gambia
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Gfish: 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
Mumu Jammeh, there will be no war cos his own Army will hand him over on thursday. Mark my words.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by nkemjacob2(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
one major about African leaders is greediness
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:

On this thread, you're the only one with a working brain. I sincerely wish this Gambian power tussle will quickly escalate into ww3 so that Nigeria too can get served for poking her filthy nose into an international issue , which by the way is none of her business - while her own house is on fire.

I will continue to stand by Jammeh for rejecting the fraudulent election results!
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by goodnews777: 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
Why Africans cannot use common sense is beyond imagination. A country is not your personal property. Leave and avoid war. I am sure he must be busy recruiting foreign terrorists again to destroy his country . When will Africa learn.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by goodnews777: 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
Soon he will start saying God will help him. Which God will help a wicked man who will allow his people to be killed.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by kingsman66(m): 2:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
using this media to inform my bro in Gambia not to come back because of fear of war, mind you after the war you might become their commissioner for war affairs.

don't thank me what are brothers for!!
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Appleyard(m): 3:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
juliusnobisugo:
Everytime I read stories about jammeh, I just thank God for giving us Goodluck Jonathan... I just hope buhari won't follow jammehs footsteps

And that is if Buhari would stay till 2019. The continuous frailty of Mr President is getting worse with each passing months. His looks is scaring the shite out of me. Na so Yar'adua take start....

God help Nigeria....
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:
What if the election was actually rigged? Mr Jammeh's best option is to approach the court which normally will take quite some time hence he has to hand over while pursuing his mandate. The supreme Court even shy away from the Case because they know the truth.
ThankGod for Gej if not Nigeria would still be in flames even as we speak.

Jammeh must go

1 Like

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by joliyp(f): 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
shukudi:
it is too early in a new year to be foolish. There was nothing smart about what GEJ did. He was defeated and he handed over peacefully. It is ppl like u that dance on the streets when the government commission a new road, which is their constitutional responsibility.
ds is africa wia somtin ordinary look extraordinary because dos in power wil nt mk it so
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Scholarforever: 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:
But this has put in 22 unbroken years. Which court granted him d right to stay that long? No justice will rule against him in Gambia. He should be given Samuel Doe treatment.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by ArabMopol(m): 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
FILEBE:

Seriously? Is this what you pray for Nigeria?
exactly
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by uvalued(m): 5:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
naija senators... una go collect and give this pip asylum since jammeh wan die for.gambia
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by nijanigga: 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2017
dragonking3:
Abeg make we hear word.. GEJ is a hero. QED
with your QED I hope say you get A1 for basic mathematics for o level,if not your counter proof is a null set.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ / Emmanuel Macron, Justin Trudeau, Boris Johnson Caught On Tape Gossiping Trump / Israel's Navy Ready To Attack Hezbollah From The Sea Like Never Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.