Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) (24378 Views)

Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Will This Biblical Quote On UN Wall Ever Come To Pass?(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by mrmrmister: 10:50am On Jan 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is a man made idea that started when rebels and ignorant buffoons wanted to have fun . I also discovered that the students in the Charvaka atheist school were bibulous idiots . Do you know the school's philosophical hedonistic precepts was "eat, drink, and be merry" ? Even the root charv means to eat .

No need to go further , no wonder atheists feel religion (belief in God in this case )restrains them from enjoying life to the fullest . There is no intellectual reason for atheism , its foundation prove it .

Its very embarrassing grin grin grin

This is what you're good at.
Incessant arguments

Prove your god, you can't.
Ordinary proof! undecided

1 Like

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by felixomor: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I've done my research and have crushed anyone who thinks otherwise cool . You can excoriate our belief that Christ is God but it does not affect anything .

You are an atheist because of a few bunch of rebels and hedonists ... laughable . The history of atheism is very embarrassing

Spot on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:57am On Jan 17, 2017
felixomor:

Spot on

Thanks bro smiley

2 Likes

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:00am On Jan 17, 2017
mrmrmister:

Incessant arguments

I just did undecided

Read preceeding posts and I dare you to attempt refuting them undecided

Beliefs of ancient atheists were horrendously stupid grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by felixomor: 11:01am On Jan 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Thanks bro smiley

Welcome bro.
We now know the reason behind their non belief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:16am On Jan 17, 2017
felixomor:

Welcome bro.
We now know the reason behind their non belief.

I think we should create a thread addressing the idiocy of the ancient atheists . Fusillades against the foundation of atheism will certainly expose the foolishness of today's atheists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 17, 2017
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by felixomor: 11:24am On Jan 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I think we should create a thread addressing the idiocy of ancient atheists . Fusillades against the foundation of atheism will certainly expose the foolishness of today's atheists.

Exactly.
Noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by benzics(m): 11:27am On Jan 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol , same applies to God cool
How is God a truth? Just tell me how God is a truth, note, no silly "if.. Then.. Means..", just don't assume anything, tell me how God is a truth.

Banana leaves are green, this is true because I can show you a green banana leaf.. God exists, this is not true because you can't show me God! And you knew about this your god because you were told!

1 Like

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by hopefulLandlord: 11:28am On Jan 17, 2017
You gotta love the psychological games being played by our apologists on this thread

1. say something banal and empty with next to no substance OR present something speculative as "fact"

2 your fellow apologists quickly like and share the post hereby making it look like its true

3 chat amongst yourselves and like each other's posts

4 repeat 1-3

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by randomperson: 11:32am On Jan 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
You gotta love the psychological games being played by our apologists on this thread

1. say something banal and empty with next to no substance OR present something speculative as "fact"

2 your fellow apologists quickly like and share the post hereby making it look like its true

4 repeat 1-3

It's called desperation cheesy

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by benzics(m): 11:34am On Jan 17, 2017
CuteFella:
Dumbest thread ever.
I am still regretting the data I wasted on that video. Thought I was even gonna see something interesting and awe-inspiring after all the hyping.
Massive disappointment it was.
If it was man that created those gods, the next question is who created man? The big bang? Who caused the big bang? Going further, who caused the cause that caused the big bang? Huh?
Let me help you out, who created man? WE SIMPLY DON'T KNOW, and we are not even sure if man was "created".. Just because we don't know how we came about do not mean that we were created!!

If you think we are too complex to have existed on our own, but you don't think the" creator " was created, then you have a problem with reasoning..

If you are going to tell us we were created, using your premise for our creation which is " we are too complex not to be created ", then that leads to infinite regress, and you can't tell us our creator wasn't created because you are destroying your own premise for our creation..

And if you resolve to, "god is eternal, god always was", then you must tell us how you knew god was eternal and that he always was, who told you this? God himself? I doubt so..

"God of the gaps" are meant for idiots, so because we don't know something then we fill the void with "god"??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by hopefulLandlord: 11:34am On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

It's called desperation cheesy

lol, I don't even bother with whatever discussion they're having when I see them doing that

I just go to other threads
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by mrmrmister: 11:40am On Jan 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I just did undecided

Read preceeding posts and I dare you to attempt refuting them undecided

Beliefs of ancient atheists were horrendously stupid grin grin

You mean this?
KingEbukasBlog:

Its because plaetton is always frustrated that his rigmarole don't work on Deepsight . So instead focusing on the argument , he resorts to personal attacks and dismissing DeepSight's arguments because he can't refute them . He then runs away and stops replying . You , hahn , have mastered the art wink

Look at how William Craig destroyed Christopher Hitchens in the evolution argument . Evolution actually proves God's existence not atheism grin

Its a 3 minute video which would inject the right dose of sense into you smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9h-hmlMz5c

If evolution did occur it was a miracle and therefore evidence for the existence of god

Wow!
So because something unexplainable (yet) happened, I'm just supposed to assume it was god.
Is that your evidence?
Something happens and instead of searching for answers, I should just lay back and assume it was god?

Humans have very limited knowledge about the universe, but while some people are digging for answers, we will just sit back and laugh at them because we're intellectually lazy, hence our conclusion for the existence of god

That's my own perspective of religion, till I get hard reasonable evidence.

Heal the sick, raise the dead, call fire from heaven like elijah did or shut up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by benzics(m): 11:42am On Jan 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I think we should create a thread addressing the idiocy of the ancient atheists . Fusillades against the foundation of atheism will certainly expose the foolishness of today's atheists.
Lol, so uptil date you don't know what atheism is? For your info, atheism has no known history, I keep seeing you saying "Diagoras was the first atheist", I just don't think you know what atheism is..

Atheism is as old as man, before religion, everyone were atheists! If you don't know this, I think you should learn..

Foundation of atheism sounds to me like "foundation of lesbianism", before the word "lesbian" was invented, there were already lesbians, some animals even practice it, so going by your logic, lesbianism started the day the word was invented?

1 Like

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by akintom(m): 11:44am On Jan 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

4 repeat 1-3

It's pettiness. Haven't you noticed that none of them can engage in honest and intelligent debate?

Once they found out that you're far above their petty sense, they result to ridiculous vomit, absurd claims and personal attacks.

They delight in derailing thread. This they do to prevent grand exposure of their beliefs, for what its really is - delusion.
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:44am On Jan 17, 2017
mrmrmister:

You mean this?

If evolution did occur it was a miracle and therefore evidence for the existence of god

Wow!
So because something unexplainable (yet) happened, I'm just supposed to assume it was god.
Is that your evidence?
Something happens and instead of searching for answers, I should just lay back and assume it was god?

Humans have very limited knowledge about the universe, but while some people are digging for answers, we will just sit back and laugh at them because we're intellectually lazy, hence our conclusion for the existence of god

That's my own perspective of religion, till I get hard reasonable evidence.

Heal the sick, raise the dead, call fire from heaven like elijah did or shut up.

Here is the full statement :

Nor is this a retreat caused by modern science. Saint Augustine in the A.D. 300’s, in his commentary on Genesis, pointed out that the days don't need to be taken literally nor need the creation be a few thousand years ago. Indeed, he suggested that God made the world with certain special potencies that would gradually unfold over time and develop. This interpretation came 1,500 years before Darwin so that it is not a forced retreat in the face of modern science.

So any doubts that I would have about the theory of biological evolution would be not biblical but rather scientific; namely, what it imagines is fantastically improbable. Barrow and Tipler, two physicists, in their book The Anthropic Cosmological Principle list ten steps in the course of human evolution each of which is so improbable that before it would occur the sun would have ceased to be a main sequence star and incinerated the earth. And they calculate the probability of the evolution of the human genome to be somewhere between four to the negative 180th power to the 110,000th power and four to the negative 360th power to the 110,000th power. So if evolution did occur on this planet, it was literally a miracle and therefore evidence for the existence of God. So, I don't think this is an argument for atheism. Quite the contrary, it really provides good grounds for thinking that God superintended the process of biological development.

So the Christian can be open to the evidence to follow it where it leads. By contrast, as Alvin Plantinga has said, for the naturalist, evolution is the only game in town. No matter how fantastic the odds, no matter how improbable, it's got to be true because there is no intelligent creator and designer. So in one sense you have got to feel a little sorry for the atheist. He can't really follow the evidence where it leads. His presuppositions determine the outcome. By contrast, if there is a Fine-tuner and Creator of the universe, then already in the initial conditions of the Big Bang you have an elaborately designed universe that permits the evolution and existence of intelligent life, and I think evolution simply layers on more improbability.

If you don't understand what the emboldened text means , shut and stop embarrassing yourself undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by mrmrmister: 11:48am On Jan 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Nor is this a retreat caused by modern science. Saint Augustine in the A.D. 300’s, in his commentary on Genesis, pointed out that the days don't need to be taken literally nor need the creation be a few thousand years ago. Indeed, he suggested that God made the world with certain special potencies that would gradually unfold over time and develop. This interpretation came 1,500 years before Darwin so that it is not a forced retreat in the face of modern science.

So any doubts that I would have about the theory of biological evolution would be not biblical but rather scientific; namely, what it imagines is fantastically improbable. Barrow and Tipler, two physicists, in their book The Anthropic Cosmological Principle list ten steps in the course of human evolution each of which is so improbable that before it would occur the sun would have ceased to be a main sequence star and incinerated the earth. And they calculate the probability of the evolution of the human genome to be somewhere between four to the negative 180th power to the 110,000th power and four to the negative 360th power to the 110,000th power. So if evolution did occur on this planet, it was literally a miracle and therefore evidence for the existence of God. So, I don't think this is an argument for atheism. Quite the contrary, it really provides good grounds for thinking that God superintended the process of biological development.

So the Christian can be open to the evidence to follow it where it leads. By contrast, as Alvin Plantinga has said, for the naturalist, evolution is the only game in town. No matter how fantastic the odds, no matter how improbable, it's got to be true because there is no intelligent creator and designer. So in one sense you have got to feel a little sorry for the atheist. He can't really follow the evidence where it leads. His presuppositions determine the outcome. By contrast, if there is a Fine-tuner and Creator of the universe, then already in the initial conditions of the Big Bang you have an elaborately designed universe that permits the evolution and existence of intelligent life, and I think evolution simply layers on more improbability.

If you don't understand what the emboldened text means , shut and stop embarrassing yourself undecided

If the emboldened text is all the evidence you've got, shut up!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by akintom(m): 11:48am On Jan 17, 2017
benzics:

Let me help you out, who created man? WE SIMPLY DON'T KNOW, and we are not even sure if man was "created".. Just because we don't know how we came about do not mean that we were created!!

If you think we are too complex to have existed on our own, but you don't think the" creator " was created, then you have a problem with reasoning..

If you are going to tell us we were created, using your premise for our creation which is " we are too complex not to be created ", then that leads to infinite regress, and you can't tell us our creator wasn't created because you are destroying your own premise for our creation..

And if you resolve to, "god is eternal, god always was", then you must tell us how you knew god was eternal and that he always was, who told you this? God himself? I doubt so..

"God of the gaps" are meant for idiots, so because we don't know something then we fill the void with "god"??

The beauty of this simple fact is that, it's helping skeptic folks, who are victims of religious beliefs, to connect with reason.

And for the chronic apologists, it keeps assaulting their convictions with doubt. They are daily discovering that what they had held sacred, is mere childish cravings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by hopefulLandlord: 11:49am On Jan 17, 2017
akintom:

It's pettiness. Haven't you noticed that none of them can engage in honest and intelligent debate?

Once they found out that you're far above their petty sense, they result to ridiculous vomit, absurd claims and personal attacks.

They delight in derailing thread. This they do to prevent grand exposure of their beliefs, for what its really is - delusion.

most times I just laugh at it all

TBH there was a time any of their comments being liked and shared usually have good substance and are even appealing to both atheists and theists

then came a time it started shifting from liking and sharing a good comment to "liking and sharing any comment from my fellow theists", a blatant case of herd mentality

I just pity their followers who would get notifications about "Posts shared with you" all the time and see how empty most of those shares are

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by benzics(m): 11:49am On Jan 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

for thinking that God superintended the process of biological development.
Yeah right, for "thinking".. keep thinking, but one thing you should know is that your thoughts are just thoughts, not facts!
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:50am On Jan 17, 2017
benzics:

Lol, so uptil date you don't know what atheism is? For your info, atheism has no known history, I keep seeing you saying "Diagoras was the first atheist", I just don't think you know what atheism is..

Atheism is as old as man, before religion, everyone were atheists! If you don't know this, I think you should learn..

Foundation of atheism sounds to me like "foundation of lesbianism", before the word "lesbian" was invented, there were already lesbians, some animals even practice it, so going by your logic, lesbianism started the day the word was invented?

Dalaman is actually the most reasonable atheist on this forum even though he keeps reiterating refuted arguments . I need to discuss that topic with him , you are not reasonable enough to understand my arguments . Its either your response is a strawman or it is totally off topic (extraneous ). Please refrain from the strawman and posting red herrings and understand the argument next time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by hopefulLandlord: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2017
mrmrmister:

Incessant arguments

reminds me of this gem

joseph1013:
YOU REALLY CAN FIND GOD

Christians and Muslims often implore me to seek God. If I do, they assure me I will find him. But I already know they are right.

When the ancient Greeks sought God they found Zeus and Aphrodite, the ancient Iranians found Ahura Mazda, Hindus today find Vishnu, Brahma plus a host of other gods and Christians find Jesus and Yahweh. Humans have found many thousands of gods over millennia.

Finding gods is not the problem--humans are very proficient at it. The gods do not even have to exist yet humans can still find them. The problem for humans is not finding gods, it is demonstrating that their gods are real.

That is something that has never been accomplished.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by hopefulLandlord: 11:56am On Jan 17, 2017
benzics:

or it was invented when the first lesbians were caught having sex tongue

stealing didn't exist until the first thief was caught
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:56am On Jan 17, 2017
mrmrmister:

You guys don't understand what 'evidence' means : a thing or set of things helpful in forming a conclusion or judgment or the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

The stated figures are facts or information indicate that or serve as evidence that the belief in God ( an intelligent designer) as the being who orchestrated evolution is valid or true .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by mrmrmister: 11:57am On Jan 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

reminds me of this gem

Lmfao grin

Honestly, I'm disappointed in kingebukasblog.
He was one of the christians I used to respect on this forum.

Giving that kind of bullshit as evidence?
I'm sad!
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by felixomor: 11:58am On Jan 17, 2017
mrmrmister:

Just say u dont know how to read.

Since u cant deduce meaning from that text.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 17, 2017
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by mrmrmister: 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You guys don't understand what 'evidence' means : a thing or set of things helpful in forming a conclusion or judgment or the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

The stated figures are facts or information that indicate or serve as evidence that the belief in God ( an intelligent designer) as the being who orchestrated evolution is valid or true .

I'll go for set of things.
So let's say I agreed with that, because truly I can't explain why the sun didn't incinerate the earth before the completion of the process.

What are the other things in the set?
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by mrmrmister: 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2017
felixomor:

Just say u dont know how to read.

Since u cant deduce meaning from that text.

You kindly shut the fuck_ up
You're by far, one of the most unintelligent christians on this forum.
I'd rather watch telemundo than argue with you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by Richirich713: 12:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin so u telling me there's a chance?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by felixomor: 12:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
mrmrmister:

You kindly shut the fuck_ up
You're by far, one of the most unintelligent christians on this forum.
I'd rather watch telemundo than argue with you.

Oya go n watch now.
U miss road?

This is religion section...
Scalar quantity, no direction

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Prophet Rufus Phala Gives Dettol, Bleach To Members To Drink During Service / Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.