Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) (41394 Views)

MKO Abiola's Statue Unveiled By Lagos State Government (Photos) / Decayed Rice Rejected By Edo Government (Photos) / Crippled Man On A Wheelchair Protesting Against Buhari Led Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 8:33am On Jan 17, 2017
I replied u Base on ur comment that he overthrew once beautiful democracy. What is listed is an afterthought. Democracy in my opinion shouldn't be foisted on people...countries should be allowed to practice the kind of Government that will be suitable to their developmental pace. I asked u to to tell me democratic countries better than none democratic China, Qatar, UAE-DUBAI, Saudi Ghadaffi-libya etc..
oc2fish:

No need to hate Buhari just tell him to put things that will make nigeria stop sleeping in empty stomach

1. His friends use 270 million to cut grass
2. He Budget 400 million for kitchen utensils after buying same thing last year.
3. He Allocated dollars to wife so that she can sell and make profits.
4. Buhari Use money mean renovation of national hospitals for Aso Rock clinic only to travel abroad to treat ear infection.
5. He stop students studying abroad from using their debit atm.
6. PMB should Stop his kins men (Fulani herdsmen) from killing Nigerians.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 8:45am On Jan 17, 2017
First your lies has found u out. GMB was in office for just 20 months...I don't know how 31 December 1983 to 27 Aug 1985 translate to 22 months. The military junta of Buhari / idiagbon that sacked shagari govt was faced with revamping a comatose economy ran aground by mindless looting and pilfering...the same problem though to a lesser degree that truncated the first Republic under Balewa. Tru out his 20 months as Nigeria's ruler, he never borrowed money nor increased pump price. He refused to kowtow to IMF's demand to devalue the Naira, a stand IBB kicked against when he took IMF loan with its evil demands coupled with introduction of SAP that crashed the naira.
When projects were abandoned and some wearing the tag if white elephant projects, u want him to start another one. You don't want to be honest with urself regarding the truism inherent in the maxim that it difficult to rebuild than destroy. You want him to initiate project for its sake not to complete abandoned ones...just the way he busy completing abandoned federal projects scattered tru out d federation. Guy when next you wanna argue with a well-researched student if Nigeria political history n comparative politics, do ur findings seriously.
idupaul:

Are you aware in his 22 months rule General Buhari didn't initiate or complete a single capital project and yet , do you know months after he ousted he ousted Buhari the naira slumped by 70 percent and has not recovered till date ...The man Buhari is a living disaster in flesh
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by idupaul: 9:09am On Jan 17, 2017
cyrilamx:
First your lies has found u out. GMB was in office for just 20 months...I don't know how 31 December 1983 to 27 Aug 1985 translate to 22 months. The military junta of Buhari / idiagbon that sacked shagari govt was faced with revamping a comatose economy ran aground by mindless looting and pilfering...the same problem though to a lesser degree that truncated the first Republic under Balewa. Tru out his 20 months as Nigeria's ruler, he never borrowed money nor increased pump price. He refused to kowtow to IMF's demand to devalue the Naira, a stand IBB kicked against when he took IMF loan with its evil demands coupled with introduction of SAP that crashed the naira.
When projects were abandoned and some wearing the tag if white elephant projects, u want him to start another one. You don't want to be honest with urself regarding the truism inherent in the maxim that it difficult to rebuild than destroy. You want him to initiate project for its sake not to complete abandoned ones...just the way he busy completing abandoned federal projects scattered tru out d federation. Guy when next you wanna argue with a well-researched student if Nigeria political history n comparative politics, do ur findings seriously.

22 months or 20 months the fact remains he didn't achieve single thing and also doesn't change the fact that he is a rogue soldier who ousted his Principal for no clear reason other than clear contempt for the rule of law and the constitutions , negative hallmark which he still bears till date .. Quick fact : Nigeria Airways was a boisterous airline when Buhari took over from Shagari but in just some months under his bad leadership the airlines had to return many aircrafts to the suppliers and cut over 1000 jobs , today 18 months into his failed leadership Nigerians are no queuing for Gas , something they had never done it the past just like they had never heard of second hand cars but would spend the next 30 years buying them because of the poor leadership Buhari offered in 1984 ..I urge you to make use of your good education and open your mind before you allow a false myth destroy the future of generations of Nigerians ..

Bro let me end by saying Buhari is a very short sighted and visionless leader lacking the fabric of wisdom which is essential for great leadership

2 Likes

Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by Pavarottii(m): 9:18am On Jan 17, 2017
TANKDESTROYER:
Despite the hardships I see light at the end of the tunnel
The light could be an incoming train.

1 Like

Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by leo1234(m): 11:08am On Jan 17, 2017
APCmyheart:

What mistake?

Who are the economist and what solution have the proffer?

Oh...maybe they are waiting for them to be appointed before they can say what we can do, So far this Govt is trying and doing fine...

2008 recession was been able to tackled because OBJ left a fat reserve.

If you are a foreign investor who came into the country with $100000 and CBN exchanged it for you @ #305.
After doing business with your money and wants it changed back to dollars for repatriation and CBN says there is no dollar that you can source it from the parallel market @ #500. How will you feel
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by APCmyheart(m): 11:25am On Jan 17, 2017
leo1234:

If you are a foreign investor who came into the country with $100000 and CBN exchanged it for you @ #305.
After doing business with your money and wants it changed back to dollars for repatriation and CBN says there is no dollar that you can source it from the parallel market @ #500. How will you feel

Why will the investors want to upt out when dollars is at side, The message have been pass across no dollars from CBN and any one that need dollars should sort for it themselves..

This is a situation of am not selling and you cannot force me to sell.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by DonCortino: 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
obamabinladen:

Hahahahah........ laughing in spiritual powers.

Lol
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by ossuofia1: 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
We love PMB.

PMB till 2023.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by leo1234(m): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
APCmyheart:

Why will the investors want to upt out when dollars is at side, The message have been pass across no dollars from CBN and any one that need dollars should sort for it themselves..

This is a situation of am not selling and you cannot force me to sell.

You don't get it.
That policy alone make made a lot of businesses to park up last year and also scared away numerous potential investors. Maybe someone close you did not lose his job last year.

You might like this:

The House of Representatives yesterday rejected the Federal Government’s exchange rate of N305/dollar in this year’s budget, saying it would engender huge corruption, with the almost N500/dollar at the parallel market.

https://www.nairaland.com/3576777/reps-reject-n305-dollar-exchange

1 Like

Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by APCmyheart(m): 1:24pm On Jan 17, 2017
leo1234:

You don't get it.
That policy alone make made a lot of businesses to park up last year and also scared away numerous potential investors. Maybe someone close you did not lose his job last year.

You might like this:

The House of Representatives yesterday rejected the Federal Government’s exchange rate of N305/dollar in this year’s budget, saying it would engender huge corruption, with the almost N500/dollar at the parallel market.

https://www.nairaland.com/3576777/reps-reject-n305-dollar-exchange

LOL the same House of Reps that has never say anything about budget and exchange rates in the past, But since Buhari Govt did not favor them as it use to be they now open their eyes and voice hahaha...

They think it's gonna be a situation of you rub my back i run yours...
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by omoharry(f): 2:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
Protein0:

Ur proffered solutions look superficial and the reasons aren't far fetched. Firstly, you have an unrefined knowledge of the subject matter: Islam and radicalization. Ur diagnosis was wrong, hence ur prescriptions. Secondly, why don't you look beyond. Have u ever thought of what has been responsible for the unwavering peace enjoyed in Saudi Arabia till date? Which of ur solutions were implemented there?
To assist you, I hope you're aware of Obama's silence on Trump's allegation on d creation of ISIS and also H. Clinton's admittance of US'creation of ISIS and why? Hope you know the real cause of the crisis in Gaza strip? Coming home, hope u know d significance of the Borno empire in Nigeria's Islam history? Tell me a previous case of this kind of BH crisis the region is experiencing today? Are you saying Islam is new to the zone? Hope you know who orientalists are? Hope you know it was a reverend that first translate d interpretation of the meanings of the Quran into yoruba language?Why shud an engineer tell a surgeon how to perform a surgery?
What you should av advocated for is propagation of the real teachings of Islam and steering clear of non Muslims in the affairs of d religion. Not until ppl like u eschew defamation of Islam and come to terms with its preach of peace, then solutions will keep eluding us. I challenge you to post the verses of the Quran or ahadith that preach or encourage terrorism.
Saudi Arabia is peaceful because they banned/suppressed other religious activities except Islam in their country.Islam has zero tolerance when they are in a multi-religious country.. they see non Muslims as infidels as instructed by the Quaran..so don't come here and tell us that Islam is a peaceful religion using Saudi Arabia as an example.The problem with you Muslims is that you always want to hide your head in the sand when it comes to the violent aspect of your religion...islam is a religion of peace..how?.how can different people, from different countries around the world who belong to the same religion think and behave alike? violence against non Muslims around the world in recent times is a common occurrences associated with all Muslim extremist .This is because they see themselves as the real Muslim who are fighting the cause of thier God..How can every body think alike like this..calling to Allah before they carry out a deadly attack.Don't you think there is something fundamentally wrong somewhere with the Quaran which is the foundation upon which this religion is built on? The extremist are the true Muslims because they follow and act base on what their Quaran instruct them to do..
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by Protein0: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
omoharry:
Saudi Arabia is peaceful because they banned/suppressed other religious activities except Islam in their country.Islam has zero tolerance when they are in a multi-religious country.. they see non Muslims as infidels as instructed by the Quaran..so don't come here and tell us that Islam is a peaceful religion using Saudi Arabia as an example.The problem with you Muslims is that you always want to hide your head in the sand when it comes to the violent aspect of your religion...islam is a religion of peace..how?.how can different people, from different countries around the world who belong to the same religion think and behave alike? violence against non Muslims around the world in recent times is a common occurrences associated with all Muslim extremist .This is because they see themselves as the real Muslim who are fighting the cause of thier God..How can every body think alike like this..calling to Allah before they carry out a deadly attack.Don't you think there is something fundamentally wrong somewhere with the Quaran which is the foundation upon which this religion is built on? The extremist are the true Muslims because they follow and act base on what their Quaran instruct them to do..

Why being declarative of sth u r not sure of. Kindly take up the challenge, give us d references, in the QUR'AN (not Quaran) or ahadith where d activities of terrorists are preached. Pls do this to expose our sand - buried heads.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by omoharry(f): 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mouthgag:

You mumu
So you think your new testament is clean now?
I can still point out at least 20 cruel laws in your new testament.
By the way, what the hell do you mean when you said Christians corrected old testament will new testament?
When your Jesus said every word should be obeyed. AND THAT HE CAME TO FULFIL THE LAWS. Why didn't they just cut out the old testament completely?
Why are you people still using some of the old testament to preach?
For instance, your pastorpreneurs still use Malachi to preach about tithes...
HYPOCRITES!
In your mind now, you have sounded sensible abi with your copy and paste nonsense?

They should cancel Madrasah?
How about cancelling SUNDAY SCHOOLS? ODE
Some of your just reason with your anus.
Nonsense!
stop hiding your head in the sand attacking the op for saying the truth..use this energy to preach to your fellow brethren on how to live in harmony with people who do not share the same religion with them.use this energy to preach to your brothers in the north who share the same faith with you to stop killing innocent people in the name of islam..ok? it will help a long way..the op is right..like i said there something fundamentally wrong in the Quoran which is the foundation upon which your religion stands on that has breaded so many extremist and monsters to the world in recent times..and what are they all are fighting for? carryout the will of Allah.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by Mouthgag: 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
omoharry:
stop hiding your head in the sand attacking the op for saying the truth..use this energy to preach to your fellow brethren on how to live in harmony with people who do not share the same religion with them.use this energy to preach to your brothers in the north who share the same faith with you to stop killing innocent people in the name of islam..ok? it will help a long way..the op is right..like i said there something fundamentally wrong in the Quoran which is the foundation upon which your religion stands on that has breaded so many extremist and monsters to the world in recent times..and what are they all are fighting for? carryout the will of Allah.
Just shut up your nonsense mouth.
There is something wrong with the Quran? How?
I can point out 50 absurd things fundamentally wrong in your Bible (old and new testament)
Always use your brain before you jump into conclusions.

LET US START WITH
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 17 VERSE 2 TO 7
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by omoharry(f): 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
Protein0:

Why being declarative of sth u r not sure of. Kindly take up the challenge, give us d references, in the QUR'AN (not Quaran) or ahadith where d activities of terrorists are preached. Pls do this to expose our sand - buried heads.
Quran 48:29 – “Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful amongst themselves.”

Quran 9:5 – “And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.”

Qruan 9:73 – “O Prophet, fight against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination.”

Quran 47:35 – “So do not weaken and call for peace while you are superior; and Allah is with you and will never deprive you of [the reward of] your deeds.”

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/call_to_muslims.htm
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by omoharry(f): 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mouthgag:

Just shut up your nonsense mouth.
There is something wrong with the Quran? How?
I can point out 50 absurd things fundamentally wrong in your Bible (old and new testament)
Always use your brain before you jump into conclusions.

LET US START WITH
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 17 VERSE 2 TO 7
Oga the difference between me and you is that people in my religion do not go around blowing people up, killing and massacering non-believers in the name of Allah..hmmmmmmmm!! your head is still in the sand oga wink wink..just say it..Isis, Boko Haram and other islamic extremist are the real Muslims because they study live by the Qu ran why you and your fellow guys here are the moderate ones. So dont come here are tell us red is white when we can all see that red is red.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by Mouthgag: 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
omoharry:
Oga the difference between me and you is that people in my religion do not go around blowing people up, killing and massacering non-believers in the name of Allah..hmmmmmmmm!! your head is still in the sand oga wink wink..just say it..Isis, Boko Haram and other islamic extremist are the real Muslims because they study live by the Qu ran why you and your fellow guys here are the moderate ones. So dont come here are tell us red is white when we can all see that red is red.
Ignorant!
Hypocrite!

Christians in the past have lived by those cruel laws.
Crusaders killed millions
Adolf Hitler killed millions too including 6 million Jews.

Note; I'm not trying to justify the killings by those so-called Muslims terrorists groups. I just want you to use your brain that fantastics and terrorists are in every religion.
The population of the Muslims of the world is about 2 billion. The population of all those terrorist groups (bokoharam, isis, isbulla, alkhaida etc) put together is not up to 500,000. That is ratio 1:100000: so don't judge all Muslims.
Islam doesn't support killings; in fact, the second abominable sin after idolatry is killing of your fellow human being.

If you say the Holy Quran encourages killing, then what about the laws in your own Bible?
E.g, Deuteronomy 17: 2to 7 and EXODUS 22:20?

AND DON'T TELL ME OLD/NEW TESTAMENT BULLSHÎT
After all, Jesus said every word should be obeyed and that HE CAME TO FULLFIL ALL THE LAWS.
Moreso, you people still use old testament to preach e.g your pastorpreneurs still love to use Malachi to preach about tithes.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by Babacele: 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
richard870:
Ok. I want to believe you were aware of the happenings in the political realms of our dear nation under GEJ's watch. The Northerners dominated major 60-65 of our oil (downstream) major public offices and Burea de Change, GEJ (in spite of the sabotage and witch-hunting) kept the naira below #N200 against the greenback $, reduced N10 from the pump price and maintain our economic indices to an optimum level. I would like you to mention one achievement of this certificate-less nomad who usurped power by a well strategized rigging plan, got the mandate, got the attention he wanted , got the title he wanted yet still cant implement one successful monetary policy our once great nation.
sir can you tell me why GEJ's coordinating minister Okonjo Iweala told us in 2014 to prepare for a recession in future?
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by omoharry(f): 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mouthgag:

Ignorant!
Hypocrite!

Christians in the past have lived by those cruel laws.
Crusaders killed millions
Adolf Hitler killed millions too including 6 million Jews.

Note; I'm not trying to justify the killings by those so-called Muslims terrorists groups. I just want you to use your brain that fantastics and terrorists are in every religion.
The population of the Muslims of the world is about 2 billion. The population of all those terrorist groups (bokoharam, isis, isbulla, alkhaida etc) put together is not up to 500,000. That is ratio 1:100000: so don't judge all Muslims.
Islam doesn't support killings; in fact, the second abominable sin after idolatry is killing of your fellow human being.

If you say the Holy Quran encourages killing, then what about the laws in your own Bible?
E.g, Deuteronomy 17: 2to 7 and EXODUS 22:20?

AND DON'T TELL ME OLD/NEW TESTAMENT BULLSHÎT
After all, Jesus said every word should be obeyed and that HE CAME TO FULLFIL ALL THE LAWS.
Moreso, you people still use old testament to preach e.g your pastorpreneurs still love to use Malachi to preach about tithes.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by Mouthgag: 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
omoharry:
I do open external links on nairaland.
Just spew it here or forget it.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by Protein0: 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
omoharry:
Quran 48:29 – “Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful amongst themselves.”

Quran 9:5 – “And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.”

Qruan 9:73 – “O Prophet, fight against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination.”

Quran 47:35 – “So do not weaken and call for peace while you are superior; and Allah is with you and will never deprive you of [the reward of] your deeds.”

Let me first commend you for taking up the challenge. I was expecting d above verses nd made d challenge so dt those who wish to learn can. Firstly, do know dt Qur'an was revealed in Arabic and nothing will b regarded or treated as Qur'an other than that. Efforts were made at verse by verse translations of its interpretations to bring dem quite close to their meanings. Verses of the Qur'an are interpreted based on the event on wh they were revealed. U don't just pick a Qur'an and interpret. I'll treat one of the verses u brought and you'll c.

9:73. It was revealed after d expedition to Tabuk. U need to know what d disbelievers and hypocrites (those that behave as Muslims openly, but are not deep within dem) did b4, during and after ds expedition b4 u understand ds verse. In short, their activities had been harsh, brutal, inhumane to d Muslims, yet Muslims had Neva reciprocated d treat. They had chased Muhammad out of his town, plotted to kill him, ppl had been killed for accepting Islam, the properties of Muslims had been seized and many more without resistances whatsoever, Why? because Allah had keep asking dem to b patient. Now, a massive annihilating plot was being made by d non Muslims and hypocrites against d Muslims, the above verse was then revealed. Fights in Islam has protocols. None of the present or past terrorists' activities is in keeping with islamic concept of fight. I hope u c how long explaining d Qur'an is even after trying to b succinct. It's beyond going thru an English translated script.
Ask for explanations of Islamic things dt aren't clear to u, rather than absorbing their superficial meanings. There is no latent thing in Islam. The Muslims among d terrorists lack d understanding of some islamic concepts, (just like d interpretation of d Qur'an like ds) hence, their radicalization. Do know that prophet Muhammad lived with non Muslims peacefully.

On the last note, Qur'an 3:7

"It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding."
Peace
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by richard870(m): 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
Babacele:
sir can you tell me why GEJ's coordinating minister Okonjo Iweala told us in 2014 to prepare for a recession in future?
Because it was imminent. Hello! its not ''naija recession'' its a global phenomenon i.e GLOBAL RECESSION. Ours is just triple that cuz of the gross ineptitude of the Certificate-less Daura President! #Understand now?
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by Babacele: 10:22am On Jan 18, 2017
richard870:
Because it was imminent. Hello! its not ''naija recession'' its a global phenomenon i.e GLOBAL RECESSION. Ours is just triple that cuz of the gross ineptitude of the Certificate-less Daura President! #Understand now?
your twisting history and well documented circumstances makes me laugh. The truth is that at $70/ barrel Certificated GEJ started borrowing money to pay salaries and told us to prepare for an imminent economic disaster based on the reality catching up with his government . I'm damn sure if that clueless team had continued, it would have been $1 to N1000 or more despite that I disagree some PMB's economic models. For example GEJ lacked the balls to implement BVN but PMB is saving us billions of money through it. it is the bitter truth.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by richard870(m): 11:15am On Jan 18, 2017
Babacele:
your twisting history and well documented circumstances makes me laugh. The truth is that at $70/ barrel Certificated GEJ started borrowing money to pay salaries and told us to prepare for an imminent economic disaster based on the reality catching up with his government . I'm damn sure if that clueless team had continued, it would have been $1 to N1000 or more despite that I disagree some PMB's economic models. For example GEJ lacked the balls to implement BVN but PMB is saving us billions of money through it. it is the bitter truth.
You just cracked me up! I see you are trying hard to win this argument, unfortunately you havent made a VALID point other than make reference to OIL price. FYI This was what led to Okonjo Iweala's speech about NiGERIA heading towards recession https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Recession.

Kindly get your facts right and save my KEYBOARD!!!
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by omoharry(f): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2017
Protein0:

Let me first commend you for taking up the challenge. I was expecting d above verses nd made d challenge so dt those who wish to learn can. Firstly, do know dt Qur'an was revealed in Arabic and nothing will b regarded or treated as Qur'an other than that. Efforts were made at verse by verse translations of its interpretations to bring dem quite close to their meanings. Verses of the Qur'an are interpreted based on the event on wh they were revealed. U don't just pick a Qur'an and interpret. I'll treat one of the verses u brought and you'll c.

9:73. It was revealed after d expedition to Tabuk. U need to know what d disbelievers and hypocrites (those that behave as Muslims openly, but are not deep within dem) did b4, during and after ds expedition b4 u understand ds verse. In short, their activities had been harsh, brutal, inhumane to d Muslims, yet Muslims had Neva reciprocated d treat. They had chased Muhammad out of his town, plotted to kill him, ppl had been killed for accepting Islam, the properties of Muslims had been seized and many more without resistances whatsoever, Why? because Allah had keep asking dem to b patient. Now, a massive annihilating plot was being made by d non Muslims and hypocrites against d Muslims, the above verse was then revealed. Fights in Islam has protocols. None of the present or past terrorists' activities is in keeping with islamic concept of fight. I hope u c how long explaining d Qur'an is even after trying to b succinct. It's beyond going thru an English translated script.
Ask for explanations of Islamic things dt aren't clear to u, rather than absorbing their superficial meanings. There is no latent thing in Islam. The Muslims among d terrorists lack d understanding of some islamic concepts, (just like d interpretation of d Qur'an like ds) hence, their radicalization. Do know that prophet Muhammad lived with non Muslims peacefully.

On the last note, Qur'an 3:7

"It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding."
Peace
Thanks.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by drnoel: 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
Eastactivist:
And the book of Genesis was revealed to mankind.

This is where it begins... grin

Nyem nkwuocha

Finally it has started. Someone had to start it.
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by Eastactivist: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2017
drnoel:

Finally it has started. Someone had to start it.
What took them so long wink cheesy smiley
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by drnoel: 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
Eastactivist:

What took them so long wink cheesy smiley

Good question
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
talkportal:

aswear you must bend... how i wish i know where you dey i for turn blacksmith or humansmith for your matter cuz i for bend you

lol.. let's start with prof wole Soyinka first

abi I dey lie...
Re: United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) by Babacele: 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
richard870:
You just cracked me up! I see you are trying hard to win this argument, unfortunately you havent made a VALID point other than make reference to OIL price. FYI This was what led to Okonjo Iweala's speech about NiGERIA heading towards recession https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Recession.

Kindly get your facts right and save my KEYBOARD!!!
u guys find it difficult to appreciate truth. Did GEJ at $70/barrel borrowed money to pay salaries or not? Yes or No?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are You Interested In Moderating This Section? / Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode / Bayelsa Election: APC Cars Spotted In The Streets Of Bayelsa(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.