Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,389 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man (1463 Views)

Man In Tears As He Found Out He's Not Father Of Baby He Raised For 10 Months / My Husband Allows Another Man To Make Love To Me,”.... Wife / Lady Thought She's Dreaming After She Welcomed 1st Baby After 18yrs Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man by kaimagist: 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2017
One father's joy was another father's heartbreak, after Charles Manigo learned that the girl he raised and believed to be his own daughter for 18 years was really another man's child.

"I named her -- a name I had for a year. Alexis Kelli," Manigo said. "She was the love of my life."

But what Manigo didn't know was that his former girlfriend, Gloria Williams, had allegedly snatched the girl from a maternity ward, and lied when she told him she'd given birth to the baby when he was away. The girl he called Alexis was really Kamiyah Mobley.
Woman Abducted 18 Years Ago as a Newborn Found Living in Another State

Mobley's biological father, Craig Aiken, was overjoyed that she'd finally been found, and said that all those years he and her biological mother would celebrate their daughter's birthday every year and imagine "how it would be if she were here" and "what we would do if she came came back," he said Friday, after officials announced that the girl was now returned to her birth parents.

"I love her," Aiken said. "I'm glad to see her. I love her."

Mobley grew up in Walterboro, South Carolina, thinking that Williams was her biological mother, Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams said Friday. He said that she now appears to be a normal 18-year-old woman in good health.

Gloria Williams, 51, is in jail, charged with kidnapping for allegedly taking the newborn from a Jacksonville, Florida, hospital on July 10, 1998.

Manigo and Williams raised her from the time she was a newborn, sharing custody after they split up in 2003, and celebrating milestones together, like her prom, he said.

"The person she called dad for 18 years isn't her dad," Manigo said.

Williams was charged with kidnapping at a bond hearing on Friday in South Carolina. Bail was denied and another bond hearing will be held once she is extradited to Jacksonville, Florida, according to the sheriff's office.

"One of the hardest things she said on Friday was, 'Dad I love you,' even though she knows what's going on," Manigo said.

"I talk to her every day," he said. "The attention is overwhelming to her. She's still processing everything. It's a shock to me, it's a bigger shock to her."

Manigo said that even though he may not be Kamiyah's biological father, he will always be there for her.

"She's still my child," he said. "I understand what's going on, but she's still my child."
http://www.kaimagist.com/2017/01/the-girl-he-raised-and-believed-to-be.html

1 Like

Re: After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man by Fedayeen02: 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
These hoes ain't loyal
Re: After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man by Mouthgag: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
grin shocked
Re: After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man by Solowande(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
The woman is evil and wicked. She deserve to be in prison 4 life

1 Like

Re: After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man by olasaad(f): 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thank god he knows, millions of men out there don't know they have been nurturing another man child. some will even died without knowing that, that child they adore so much is another man issue.
Re: After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 17, 2017
She stole a baby to keep her man abi? She's very wicked
Re: After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man by thorpido(m): 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
It's wickedness to give a man's child to another man.
A lot of men are unknowingly raising another man's child.

Maybe because I have strong genes,I can't understand how people will look at a child for many years and not 'figure' this child may not be theirs.
Re: After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
thorpido:
It's wickedness to give a man's child to another man.
A lot of men are unknowingly raising another man's child.

Maybe because I have strong genes,I can't understand how people will look at a child for many years and not 'figure' this child may not be theirs.

okay. maybe you look like your dad.

Everyone doesnt.
Re: After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man by thorpido(m): 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
Joavid:

okay. maybe you look like your dad.

Everyone doesnt.
Yea,I know the mother's genes may be dominant but the child must pick some things from you as the father that you can tell.
I know someone who doesn't look like his father but walks like him.
Re: After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
thorpido:
Yea,I know the mother's genes may be dominant but the child must pick some things from you as the father that you can tell.
I know someone who doesn't look like his father but walks like him.

and don't you think it's a habit he adopted from his father?

Every child with a healthy relationship with their parents learns to do things like them. It's something they learn without knowing they learnt it.

I use to walk like my dad till I got teased in secondary school that I walk like a man, I had to adjust.
and I think the reason why I walked like my dad is because he is my only parent.

My point is, you can't judge the Paternity of a child with things like that.
It's not plausible.
Re: After 18yrs The Daughter He Raised Biologically Belongs To Another Man by thorpido(m): 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
Joavid:

and don't you think it's a habit he adopted from his father?

Every child with a healthy relationship with their parents learns to do things like them. It's something they learn without knowing they learnt it.

I use to walk like my dad till I got teased in secondary school that I walk like a man, I had to adjust.
and I think the reason why I walked like my dad is because he is my only parent.

My point is, you can't judge the Paternity of a child with things like that.
It's not plausible.
This child in question never lived with his dad.The mother got pregnant and relocated so he didn't learn it.Every mallam with him kettle sha.
That woman that will bring a child and say I'm the dad will try.

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) / DELILAH >>> Season 1-3 Available On Irokotv / Please, Is Bonapet A Good Medicine For A Teething Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.