Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread - Jobs/Vacancies (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread (382517 Views)

2017 KPMG Nigeria Recruitment For Graduates / 2017 Kpmg Undergraduate And Graduate Internship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by NigelCundy: 7:09am On Sep 07, 2018
AmarachiEsther:
Does it take so long to get AC performance outcome??, one week already sad
Hi, I sent you a mail. Please respond
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
Ramirovasquez:

mine almost took 2 weeks, so chill

Hi what’s up. Sent u a pm please
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 11, 2018
Please guys I need tips on how an audit assessment center is being conducted and how to ace it.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Robynwelo1(f): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2018
Chukwumapromise:
Please guys I need tips on how an audit assessment center is being conducted and how to ace it.

I mailed this to someone the other day, so I'm just going to paste it here.

In AC, there are three stages

Stage 1: Personal Presentation; 

Choose one topic out of five, you would be given 7 to 8 minutes to prepare. Presentation is just one minute.

Make sure you stick to time, it will be terrible if you are asked to stop. Lol

For me, I chose 'should PMB run for a second term in office? Why?'

Stage 2: Group Task/Presentation;

Your team, usually made up of 5 to 8 persons, would together solve a puzzle or task. The HR will be in the same room with your team watching. The task is usually 20 minutes. Then in a minute someone from your team will present the results/findings.

Do NOT exceed the time limit, even if your team could not come up with the complete result, present what you have.

Stage 3: Panel/HR interview

You will be interviewed by the same three HRs. Confidence is KEY. Don't lie about anything.

This Panel interview could last up to 30 minutes. 

The most important question is; How does your course relate with audit? That is the most important. You must be able to relate your course one way or the other with the role of audit.
(tip: No knowledge in any course whatsoever is useless to audit. They need a broad range of perspective, that is why every discipline was permitted to apply for the role of audit.

If you are asked why audit?

Make them understand it's because you understand or realized it's importance.
Audit is important in all facet of life. It basically means evaluation. If you want to do better in what ever you plan to do, you need audit to find out your loopholes, outliers or even your best practices.)

Also,

You must be able to know what audit is all about. Also know what Kpmg is all about, the head of audit, and National senior partner.

Lastly, they will ask you a lot of questions based on situations. Think about your life, all the things you have done in life before you go for this AC. If you've never been in such situation, just say it. But it's best to give a situation no matter how small or impactful it was.

Tell us a time you....

Example:

Motivated a team member

Lead a team and achieved great result

When you brought in a better approach to a situation

A time you resolved a conflict/misconception.

A time you lost money you invested.

I was asked all those plus-

Tell us about your final year project in school.

Tell us about yourself

Tell us about your family.

Also study your CV, you should be able to defend your skills. Although I wasn't asked anything from my CV, I heard some persons were.

A tag number will be given to each of your team members. You will go in turns. You will not be able to interact with each other after the panel interview.

When you meet for the first time, make sure you are all friendly with each other, know all your names, where you are from, gist plenty and share things together. It will help a lot.

In my team of Eight people, Seven passed the AC.

In some teams, out of, lets say five to seven only two will pass, or even zero, possibly.

You just should be able to work together, ease tension and make friends.

Our success message came in the next morning.

Good luck and remember, BE CONFIDENT!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Robynwelo1(f): 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
Good day!
Has anyone been called for PI yet?
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Kingzd: 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
Robynwelo1:
Good day!
Has anyone been called for PI yet?
None yet, i think they are still busy with the new recruits. Moreover, if it is until next year sept. for another batch, then they may be relax for now.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Robynwelo1(f): 12:52am On Sep 12, 2018
Kingzd:
None yet, i think they are still busy with the new recruits. Moreover, if it is until next year sept. for another batch, then they may be relax for now.

Nah. I heard they accept new intakes all year round for audit, not necessarily by September. You will be made to attend the training still the next September if you are accepted before then.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Kingzd: 7:17am On Sep 12, 2018
Robynwelo1:

Nah. I heard they accept new intakes all year round for audit, not necessarily by September. You will be made to attend the training still the next September if you are accepted before then.
Are u really sure about this? Well, it will b fine.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 13, 2018
Hello,
Please I applied for KPMG 2018/2019 graduate trainee and got a mail on the 30th of August containing my reference number that I will be contacted if my credentials meets the job requirement , when should I expect to hear from them....
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Robynwelo1(f): 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
stephenobioha:
Hello,
Please I applied for KPMG 2018/2019 graduate trainee and got a mail on the 30th of August containing my reference number that I will be contacted if my credentials meets the job requirement , when should I expect to hear from them....

Usually in a month or two. But keep in mind you may not be contacted at all if you are not shortlisted.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2018
Is it usual or normal not being able to log into my kpmg portal because some days after receiving my reference number via mail I tried to login to my portal but it kept on saying temporarily unable to log in...is it usual
Robynwelo1:

Usually in a month or two. But keep in mind you may not be contacted at all if you are not shortlisted.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Robynwelo1(f): 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2018
stephenobioha:
Is it usual or normal not being able to log into my kpmg portal because some days after receiving my reference number via mail I tried to login to my portal but it kept on saying temporarily unable to log in...is it usual

Once you been given a reference number it means your submission is through and under review, so you can't do anything about it. You don't need to anyway. Just wait for their next email.

1 Like

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 15, 2018
OK , thanks for the fast response
Robynwelo1:

Once you been given a reference number it means your submission is through and under review, so you can't do anything about it. You don't need to anyway. Just wait for their next email.

1 Like

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Tomiwaa(m): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2018
How Long do I have to wait for the assessment Center Invitation. I did my documentation since the middle of August and since then. I have not heard anything. Is there anyone in the same shoes?
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by tobbyoladejo: 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2018
Tomiwaa:
How Long do I have to wait for the assessment Center Invitation. I did my documentation since the middle of August and since then. I have not heard anything. Is there anyone in the same shoes?
It depends on the department you chose. Which one did you pick?
And when did you write the test?
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Tomiwaa(m): 10:56am On Sep 18, 2018
tobbyoladejo:

It depends on the department you chose. Which one did you pick?
And when did you write the test?
I picked Audit.
Wrote the test first week in August
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by tobbyoladejo: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2018
Tomiwaa:

I picked Audit.
Wrote the test first week in August
Well, I know that the guys who wrote the test last week of August and chose MC have been invited for Assessment Centre. You should probably call one of the HR numbers on the invitation mail. They'll definitely attend to you
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Babnxst93: 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
Hi everyone did any second class lower apply for the Kpmg graduate trainee and got called
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Babnxst93: 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2018
I have sent it twice no response

Rank50:
If u are shortlisted for the Aptitude test to be held this September.. Just email tookiewilliams50@yahoo.com ..i have the Kpmg past questions a girl sent to me that i used to ace the test.. I ll gladly send to you

1 Like

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Babnxst93: 11:07pm On Sep 22, 2018
No response I have sent it twice

Rank50:
If u are shortlisted for the Aptitude test to be held this September.. Just email tookiewilliams50@yahoo.com ..i have the Kpmg past questions a girl sent to me that i used to ace the test.. I ll gladly send to you

2 Likes

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Beige21: 11:30am On Sep 25, 2018
[quote author=Tomiwaa post=71281516]How Long do I have to wait for the assessment Center Invitation. I did my documentation since the middle of August and since then. I have not heard anything. Is there anyone in the same shoes?[/quot
I'm in same shoes .Please let me know when they get back to you.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by TOSINIFE(m): 12:43am On Sep 26, 2018
I have been following KPMG since around 2016
The 2015 thread was very informative and resourceful,and many still refer to it today.Since then there's been a steady decline in information and experience sharing.
It's beyond past questions or study packs.f those guys didn't share their varied experiences and vital information back then, we would not have something to fall back on.
This WhatsApp groups rush is killing the kpmg thread on NL gradually.
I was in school them in my 300L when I went through the 2015 thread and it stimulated my interest in joining the firm.
I continued my norm of taking online aptitude test and worked on my current affairs. Little wonder when KPMG came around toy campus for recruitment test I was among the few(5out of around 100) that passed.I am currently serving and I have been asked to send my certificate in order to proceed to the next stage.
Thank God for the heroes of 2015/2016.
Let's share information and EXPERIENCE!
Let's keep the thread alive.

12 Likes

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by AmarachiEsther: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2018
Congratulations
TOSINIFE:
The 2015 thread was very informative and resourceful,and many still refer to it today.Since then there's been a steady decline in information and experience sharing.
It's beyond past questions or study packs.f those guys didn't share their varied experiences and vital information back then, we would not have something to fall back on.
I was in school them in my 300L when I went through the 2015 thread and it stimulated my interest in joining the firm.
I continued my norm of taking online aptitude test and worked on my current affairs. Little wonder when KPMG came around toy campus for recruitment test I was among the few(5out of around 100) that passed.I am currently serving and I have been asked to send my certificate in order to proceed to the next stage.

1 Like

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Gerrard59(m): 11:28am On Sep 26, 2018
TOSINIFE:

Congratulations on your recruitment process.

For the bold, well, it has been very bad; from Wema, EY, Seplat, Deloitte, Nestoil, EKEDC and many more. Information gets hoarded and folks decline to share their experiences thereby making future applicants to be starved of invaluable information.

Too bad.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by TOSINIFE(m): 10:26pm On Sep 27, 2018
AmarachiEsther:
Congratulations
Thanks ma
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by TOSINIFE(m): 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
Gerrard59:

For the bold, well, it has been very bad; from Wema, EY, Seplat, Deloitte, Nestoil, EKEDC and many more. Information gets hoarded and folks decline to share their experiences thereby making future applicants to be starved of invaluable information.

Too bad.

I can't forget this moniker in a hurry.
Well done boss!
So saddening!
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by TOSINIFE(m): 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2018
I hope few will still follow the noble path of selflessness like you and others did back then.
Gerrard59:

Too bad.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 05, 2018
TOSINIFE:

Good day sir, I'm a serving Corp member in nasarawa state and I got their invitation for aptitude which is slated for 3rd November, 2018.
Based on my location, I would love to know the number of stages in the recruitment process and what the aptitude test is all about?
Is it worth it cause of the distance?
#I applied for Graduate trainee role.
Thanks in anticipation for your cordial response...

2 Likes

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2018
Robynwelo1:

I mailed this to someone the other day, so I'm just going to paste it here.

In AC, there are three stages

Stage 1: Personal Presentation; 

Choose one topic out of five, you would be given 7 to 8 minutes to prepare. Presentation is just one minute.

Make sure you stick to time, it will be terrible if you are asked to stop. Lol

For me, I chose 'should PMB run for a second term in office? Why?'

Stage 2: Group Task/Presentation;

Your team, usually made up of 5 to 8 persons, would together solve a puzzle or task. The HR will be in the same room with your team watching. The task is usually 20 minutes. Then in a minute someone from your team will present the results/findings.

Do NOT exceed the time limit, even if your team could not come up with the complete result, present what you have.

Stage 3: Panel/HR interview

You will be interviewed by the same three HRs. Confidence is KEY. Don't lie about anything.

This Panel interview could last up to 30 minutes. 

The most important question is; How does your course relate with audit? That is the most important. You must be able to relate your course one way or the other with the role of audit.
(tip: No knowledge in any course whatsoever is useless to audit. They need a broad range of perspective, that is why every discipline was permitted to apply for the role of audit.

If you are asked why audit?

Make them understand it's because you understand or realized it's importance.
Audit is important in all facet of life. It basically means evaluation. If you want to do better in what ever you plan to do, you need audit to find out your loopholes, outliers or even your best practices.)

Also,

You must be able to know what audit is all about. Also know what Kpmg is all about, the head of audit, and National senior partner.

Lastly, they will ask you a lot of questions based on situations. Think about your life, all the things you have done in life before you go for this AC. If you've never been in such situation, just say it. But it's best to give a situation no matter how small or impactful it was.

Tell us a time you....

Example:

Motivated a team member

Lead a team and achieved great result

When you brought in a better approach to a situation

A time you resolved a conflict/misconception.

A time you lost money you invested.

I was asked all those plus-

Tell us about your final year project in school.

Tell us about yourself

Tell us about your family.

Also study your CV, you should be able to defend your skills. Although I wasn't asked anything from my CV, I heard some persons were.

A tag number will be given to each of your team members. You will go in turns. You will not be able to interact with each other after the panel interview.

When you meet for the first time, make sure you are all friendly with each other, know all your names, where you are from, gist plenty and share things together. It will help a lot.

In my team of Eight people, Seven passed the AC.

In some teams, out of, lets say five to seven only two will pass, or even zero, possibly.

You just should be able to work together, ease tension and make friends.

Our success message came in the next morning.

Good luck and remember, BE CONFIDENT!

Good day dear, please what are the stages of recruitment for graduate trainee role. I'm a serving corper in nasarawa state. Wants to evaluate the possibility and cost of going to Lagos for the aptitude test? Was invited for a test that is slated for November 3rd.

1 Like

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Robynwelo1(f): 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2018
Saimeritus:

Good day dear, please what are the stages of recruitment for graduate trainee role. I'm a serving corper in nasarawa state. Wants to evaluate the possibility and cost of going to Lagos for the aptitude test? Was invited for a test that is slated for November 3rd.

There are Four Stages:
-Aptitude Test
-Business Awareness Test(Online only)
-Assessment Centre
-Partner Interview

I would advice you go for the aptitude test. it takes about a month or more before you are called for the third stage, if you pass the first and second. The second stage is online test so you can do it from anywhere.

It's worth it if you ask me. The recruitment process usually takes a very long time, so it's best you start now.

Just go through this thread and study hard.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2018
Robynwelo1:

There are Four Stages:
-Aptitude Test
-Business Awareness Test(Online only)
-Assessment Centre
-Partner Interview

I would advice you go for the aptitude test. it takes about a month or more before you are called for the third stage, if you pass the first and second. The second stage is online test so you can do it from anywhere.

It's worth it if you ask me. The recruitment process usually takes a very long time, so it's best you start now.

Just go through this thread and study hard.
Thank you very much.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by EmmanuelCena(m): 11:41pm On Oct 05, 2018
Tiwa101:
I've sent the study pack to the people that mentioned me. Pls try and read the logical reasoning part in the pqzone verbla pack i sent you guys.. it will help.

Hello.
Could you please send the study pack, if you still have them.
I would be most grateful

Isolaoluwaseun4real@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (155) (Reply)

Federal Fire Service 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here / Nigerian Breweries Sales Executive Recruitment 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.