Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

"I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React (42728 Views)

“I Get Paid To Have Sex,” Funmi Iyanda Tells Man Hunting For A Sugar Mummy / Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat / Funmi Iyanda Blasted Over Tboss Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by habsydiamond(m): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
She's just a reverend sister wey no dey attend catholic church.
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by tomdon(m): 6:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ask4Info:
NOW LET EDUCATE YOU ALL THAT WANT TO INSULT HER AND ALSO REALITY ABOUT MARRIAGE.

* Marriage isn't for everyone. Yes! you read right. Not everyone is meant to marry. So many people want to be FREE, So many people have low level of tolerance, so many people are damn scared and impatient to be tied down by a partner or child. Not everyone want to be responsible for someone else. So many people prefer to be as FREE as birds in the sky.

* Not everyone who desires marriage will have the opportunity to get married. Don't get confused i will explain what i mean. There are approximately 7.4billion people now on Earth. In the real sense of people between age 1- age 40, we now have a ratio of 7 women to 1 man. Meaning for every single guy of that age range there are 7 women to a guy. Now aside Islam that ssupports polygamy, the almost other 4,300 religions on Earth are against it. Also polygamy is going extinct from most Africa traditions. The question now is, if a man marries one lady, who will marry the remaining 6?

* The Economy today all over the world Favours the females. As an HR Consultant, for every guy that gets a job, we allocate same job to 3 or more females (onces the job of work is not gender sensitive). You all know why? Quote me if you want to know the reason and i will tell you. Look at all the Telecoms company, Banks, Insurance, and other top companies you will see females dorminate them. Men only handle technical and heavy duty workload. Now when a woman gets and retains a job over 5years or more, and a guy can barely have or even retain a job for 2years, who financially now becomes more ready for marriage?

The society has painted a wrong notion into the minds of many that once you aren't married either being a man or a woman you are a failure. Whereas most married couples today are more miserable than single folks and regret every day they made that decision to get married.

Nonsense report filled with lies
How did you arrive at ratio 7:1 when population of Nigeria is unknown let alone the ratio
And is it good attribute to be intolerant and all those messed up characters you listed?
Surely someone gave birth to you, it's good to do same and not proudly claim you want the world to end with you. All those eggs God deposited inside her will just waste. Haba
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Michaelroyals(m): 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
She no won get married but she d bleep right?
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by kingsilly(m): 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
fola001:

Your statement shows you are senseless,read ur bible very well even Jesus didn't support marriage ,read thru Romans Paul said those who marry will face many troubles, but ur pastors won't tell u gullible ones....if marriage is holy and sweet ad u pple claim,why over 90% of married women sleeps outside thier husband

The way you guys throw statistics dey fear person, 90% kwa, whew
I duff cap for you, you other brother say women to men ratio na 7:1, no source, no backing

Ride on

3 Likes

Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
siobh:

i disagree with you on this, only lazy men have something against successful women. i it when ladies know their game and do not look for favoritism to excel and they actually excel.
I am scared of Marriage too though.
Well lazy could be a reason, but it's essentially linked to being insecure. And a man who is not lazy and possibly quite successful himself can also be insecure and still resent the fact that a woman is as/more successful as/than him. That's why the word feminism alone is triggering enough to send most of them into cardiac arrest lol

1 Like

Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by diva90: 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
But she's been married before, hasn't she been?
The truth is that some women are not wired to be submissive to a man. Not every woman can tolerate, understand and stay with a man.

2 Likes

Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by ikorodureporta: 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
Cucumbite #Busted!
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
9ja4show:

Successful in what Talk show People want to imitate Oprah, Nigerian women that think like this is either a man can't stand their trashy atititude and small pride.
Lmao to most Nigerian men, 'trashy attitude' and/or 'small pride' tends to mean she's probably just confident, has her own money so they can't boss her around, isn't a pushover etc

1 Like

Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by dsocioemmy(m): 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
Una go just dey carry person matter for head like firewood.. Madam its your life. Live it! Love it! its yours...

1 Like

Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by chairmanchairmam: 6:48pm On Jan 18, 2017
[/color][color=#006600]Kobicove Bloody hypocrites!
Why is it so hard for Nigerians to mind their own fuck1ng business?
It's her life and her choice...deal with it! undecided[/quote] she was the one that made it public affair
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Artorius(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ask4Info:

* The Economy today all over the world Favours the females. As an HR Consultant, for every guy that gets a job, we allocate same job to 3 or more females (onces the job of work is not gender sensitive). You all know why? Quote me if you want to know the reason and i will tell you. Look at all the Telecoms company, Banks, Insurance, and other top companies you will see females dorminate them. Men only handle technical and heavy duty workload. Now when a woman gets and retains a job over 5years or more, and a guy can barely have or even retain a job for 2years, who financially now becomes more ready for marriage?
Wow. I've observed stuff like this in the EU. You've given a very plausible hypothesis. Nice!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Emassive(m): 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hey.... not been married allow room for silly engagement and irresponsibility and a marriage that's not genuinely constituted in love suffers the same fate. It's all about commitment and giving all in a marriage which must be carried by the 2persons. So don't be misguided that married people are miserable.
Ask4Info:
NOW LET ME EDUCATE YOU ALL THAT WANT TO INSULT HER AND ALSO REALITY ABOUT MARRIAGE.

* Marriage isn't for everyone. Yes! you read right. Not everyone is meant to marry. So many people want to be FREE, So many people have low level of tolerance, so many people are damn scared and impatient to be tied down by a partner or child. Not everyone want to be responsible for someone else. So many people prefer to be as FREE as birds in the sky.

* Not everyone who desires marriage will have the opportunity to get married. Don't get confused i will explain what i mean. There are approximately 7.4billion people now on Earth. In the real sense of people between age 1- age 40, we now have a ratio of 7 women to 1 man. Meaning for every single guy of that age range there are 7 women to a guy. Now aside Islam that ssupports polygamy, the almost other 4,300 religions on Earth are against it. Also polygamy is going extinct from most Africa traditions. The question now is, if a man marries one lady, who will marry the remaining 6?

The society has painted a wrong notion into the minds of many that once you aren't married either being a man or a woman you are a failure. Whereas most married couples today are more miserable than single folks and regret every day they made that decision to get married.

Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by opribo(m): 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2017
She can say that if she is not living in this country or maybe she has children of her own minus that she will be branded a witch. Who's children will she be sending on errand when her legs are weak and she can no longer hustle for her pay. Which landlord or community will accommodate an old lonely woman.

BTW, she should not be saying such in public so that she doesnt inculcate a demonic notion in our young girls who might be looking up to her.
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
majamajic:
Now that she reach menopause ,
no mind her, wey she go say she no c husband marry
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by amber222(f): 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
she don born for segun odegbami.baby's name is Morenikeji.d girl should be in her late 10s or early 20s by now
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by bbk01: 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
Don't mind her she is using toy sex to enjoying herself. Else this thing will ruste
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by 9ja4show: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
1bkaye:
Lmao to most Nigerian men, 'trashy attitude' and/or 'small pride' tends to mean she's probably just confident, has her own money so they can't boss her around, isn't a pushover etc

Stay on your own na

1 Like

Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Proffdada: 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2017
She's a lez in the closet, she's just afraid to say it
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Kondomatic(m): 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
1bkaye:
most Nigerian men can't stand it when a woman is more successful than them
A very baseless assertion there.

Now lemme educate your a little.

Men want from their woman what they can't get from their friends and business associates. Things like warmth, affection, nurturing, thoughtfulnes etc. Men want women that will support and encourage them not challenge them.

Don't listen to the people that say that men feel intimidated by successful women, it's false.

Women who think that the reason they're still single is because their wealth intimidate men are simply looking for any available excuse to give.

The real reason is that many successful women don't know the difference between what makes one successful in his or her career and what makes a successful marriage.

Men love successful women but problem arises when the qualities that make a woman such a big success cross over into the relationship.

In a woman’s career, she may rise to the top by being very opinionated, aggressive and decisive. But when these same qualities cross too far into the relationship, we don’t like it.

We appreciate an accomplished, successful woman but we don’t want to have to come home to a stressful, competitive environment after spending all day in a similar type of work environment.

5 Likes

Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
Kondomatic:

Men want from their woman what they can't get from their friends and business associates. Things like warmth, affection, nurturing, thoughtfulnes etc. Men want women that will support and encourage them not challenge them.

Don't listen to the people that say that men feel intimidated by successful women, it's false.

Women who think that the reason they're still single is because their wealth intimidate men are simply looking for any available excuse to give.

The real reason is that many successful women don't know the difference between what makes one successful in his or her career and what makes a successful marriage.

Men love successful women but problem arises when the qualities that make a woman such a big success cross over into the relationship.

In a woman’s career, she may rise to the top by being very opinionated, aggressive and decisive. But when these same qualities cross too far into the relationship, we don’t like it.

We appreciate an accomplished, successful woman but we don’t want to have to come home to a stressful, competitive environment after spending all day in a similar type of work environment.

I somewhat agree with you.

I respect him but I some times forget to turn off being the work 'boss' when I am with him.

I am learning to do that though.

1 Like

Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Marthaodion(f): 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
Who dey follow all this people for social media self? Well that's her business. As far as she is not sleeping around.
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by osasbenny: 7:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
It's stupidity to think that it's not necessary to get married after your parents have birth to you. If you were not given birth to, probably you would have came into being as an ant. Who cares? Again you are saying that God who gave us the order to go and multiple didn't know what he was doing. All these nonsense you posted are as a result of the fact that you have some useless money to play around with. Funmi Iyanda, na u get fried brains and not those who choose to obey nature and act as Africans. If you dont have anything good to say, shut the fnck.
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by uvie66: 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
Na who she be sef, whether you marry or not weytin Concern us and dollar to naira exchange rate at the end of the day to to never finish for Allen, Na cash and carry.
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Ezionye(f): 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
opribo:
She can say that if she is not living in this country or maybe she has children of her own minus that she will be branded a witch. Who's children will she be sending on errand when her legs are weak and she can no longer hustle for her pay. Which landlord or community will accommodate an old lonely woman.

BTW, she should not be saying such in public so that she doesnt inculcate a demonic notion in our young girls who might be looking up to her.

Is d essence of marriage to have children u can send on errands when old? What of childless marriages? Bsides she can alwayd adopt kids. There are many of them out there. Any landlord will accommodate an old lonely woman who pays her rent.

If she doesn't want marriage, her life. Every1 must not get married.
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by samsam2019: 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
She's right you know.

I got married and regretted it. I still regret it till this very moment
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ezionye:

Is d essence of marriage to have children u can send on errands when old? What of childless marriages? Bsides she can alwayd adopt kids. There are many of them out there. Any landlord will accommodate an old lonely woman who pays her rent.

If she doesn't want marriage, her life. Every1 must not get married.

Actually some men can't cope with the fact that a woman isn't answerable to another man. Her choice her business not like her choice will make alcohol appear in front of me.
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Ezionye(f): 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
Kondomatic:

Wow

U made a lot of sense up there.

Tho I dnt think that assertion is entirely baseless. Many men generally prefer to be more successful than their partners. That's d way our society has been made to think.
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by enemmo(f): 8:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
ammyluv2002:
All these fans sef...its her life not theirs!

Don't mind them. Oversabi people everywhere.
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by enemmo(f): 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
pcguru1:
it's why i avoid twitters talks like this, someone that you're older than would be insulting you anyhow, the day i will catch one in person eh

Twitter and rude oversabi people,
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Missmossy(f): 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
Who cares its her headache undecided
Re: "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React by Duru009(m): 8:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
U might gave u on marriage but u will never give up on sexx toyss and ur dirty lezz lifestyle.... .

Who doesn't know.......

Next pls?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lala Dapo Convokes Today In OAU / Ronke Oshodi-Oke Celebrates Her Daughter Jumoke’s 16th Birthday (photos) / Comedian Sabinus Gifts 3 Cars To His Team Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.