Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (45567 Views)

Cheapest Places To Live In Lagos For NYSC Corpers / Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? / Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 19, 2017
MhizValentina12:
op sorry to say but these your list is incomplete without jos
Do you know that it's only in Jos that you can get a big basket of tomatoes for #1000(i guess you have had of Tomato jos... lol
Do you know that it's only in jos that a very big sack of onions goes for #3000
Do you know that it's only in jos that a plate of food goes for even#200
Do you that it's only in jos that you can buy a bag filled with salad things even CUCUMBER with as low #1000
Do you know that a custard bucket filled with Irish is sold for at maximum #450
Do you know that in Jos a very nice n classic Self contain goes for 150k ...u can even get a very big shop in a plaza for that amount self

Seriously those who Schooled, served or have ever been to jos can attest to all I just said.... #JoStified...
Hello bro. Do they use taxi or keke in Jos? I want to establish my keke business but still contemplating on which town to choose
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Mcowubaba: 9:55am On Jan 19, 2017
Owerri is actually one of the most Expensive cities I have ever seen in Nigeria .
That place is freaking Expensive, with a very high population of Yahoo boys and runs girls

2 Likes

Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Kog45(m): 9:58am On Jan 19, 2017
olahero:
ILORIN nko? incomplete list.
Agteed ILORIN is the cheapest city in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Kog45(m): 10:08am On Jan 19, 2017
stinggy:

You probably need to travel more bro. Which do you even want to compare with ilorin? Stop this blind support just because it's your town.
Stop it bro!pls tell me how many states u ve travelled to for calling ILORIN a village?NO.Ilorin a damn cool city u enjoy your life because accomodation,transportation,schools are cheaper compare to any bigger city in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by ThinkSmarter: 10:11am On Jan 19, 2017
KANO Nko?
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by softiebae: 10:12am On Jan 19, 2017
Owerri aint cheap
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by lokoloko84(m): 10:12am On Jan 19, 2017
omokab:
You don't even have an idea of what you are writing. Everything you wrote is a complete trash. Ikom is not affordable for your information except you don't the meaning of affordable. Flat in ibadan is not up to 250k except in view areas. Presently, am leaving in a two bedroom flat around iyana church with big sitting room, two toilet and bath, water heater and bath top,well tiled and large kitchen for 120k. Owerri is totally wrong for you to mentioned because is expensive compare to enugu. Please go and do another research because I know most of this city you are talking about.
Bro,please how much is a self con in a cool place in Ibadan? Preferably in areas with a fair power supply
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Horo(m): 10:20am On Jan 19, 2017
I think plateau state should come first everything is so cheap from rent transportation food girls etc and you can get fresh farm products cheaply

1 Like

Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:24am On Jan 19, 2017
What sort of list is this?
And this unrealist got to FP!
The list is stupid without including places like Ilorin, Sokoto, Minna and many other Nothern state capitals in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Rebuke: 10:28am On Jan 19, 2017
danjaba:
So Kano is not among? In Kano Jigawa, u can still buy meat from 100 naira, food stuff is also cheap in kano.
Ilorin, Minna, Sokoto, Birnin-Kebbi, Osogbo, Ile-ife, Zaria, Kaduna, Aba

Remove Osogbo I beg. Dem no serious for dat place. A fwnd wanted a room self con, dem come they say na 80k witot agent fee and d rest.

Wetin dem get for dere sef?

1 Like

Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by eddyline(m): 10:43am On Jan 19, 2017
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by slimsoshady(m): 10:46am On Jan 19, 2017
Escalze:
owerri?

trash...
seconded
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by stinggy(m): 10:53am On Jan 19, 2017
Kog45:
Stop it bro!pls tell me how many states u ve travelled to for calling ILORIN a village?NO.Ilorin a damn cool city u enjoy your life because accomodation,transportation,schools are cheaper compare to any bigger city in Nigeria.
Who said our dear ilorin is a village?
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Librakid(f): 11:08am On Jan 19, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Owerri is not and can't be cheap. @ Op pls where is jos, makurdi and ilorin? U really need more research.
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Librakid(f): 11:09am On Jan 19, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Owerri is not and can't be cheap. @ Op pls where is jos, makurdi and ilorin? U really need more research.

#josified#

1 Like

Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Ipisi(m): 11:57am On Jan 19, 2017
Thistles:

Source:https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/5-cheapest-cities-to-live-in-nigeria/?utm_source=naraland&utm_campaign=nairaland18_01_2017&utm_medium=blog

Ikot Ekpene

Also known as Rafia city, Ikot Ekpene is located in Akwa Ibom, one of Nigeria’s oil-rich Niger delta States.Ikot Ekpene is an enchanting city reminiscent of beauty. Akwa Ibom is home to over 143,077 people as at the 2006 population census. It is also renowned for the good roads which intricately networks the Akwa Ibom state. Ikot Ekpene occupies an 116km.. square of land and it has a population density of 1233…
Hotel accommodation in this city is ridiculously cheap as one can lodge in a hotel for as low as 1000 NGN. The most expensive hotel here is 10,000 NGN. Hotels in Ikot Ekpene are; Anibeto Palace Hotels, Diamolen Luxury Hotels, Macaire Resorts, Tropical Guest House, Usel International Hotels, Executive Guest House, Samret Guest House (Extension), and U & I Guest House.
You can get a flat for rent for as low as 200,00 NGN here.There are also a few office spaces here. Ikot Ekpene is a commercial area, so there is no need to worry about doing business here.

A lot of typographical error, please check
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by tolajay: 12:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
But Ilorin is dry. So, doing business there isn't too fantastic. I'd prefer an Akure to Ilorin.

LordCenturion:
This is not complete without mentione (ilorin) kwara
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by tolajay: 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
Cheaper rent? N300k for a 3 beder in Lagos?

I hope it's not one of those lowland parts of the state.

FUSS:
if it'll cost #300,000 to get a 3 bedroom apartment in owerri, then your analysis is wrong.
i can get cheaper rent in lagos.
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Iambond(m): 12:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
Remove owerri biko
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by omokab: 12:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
lokoloko84:
Bro,please how much is a self con in a cool place in Ibadan? Preferably in areas with a fair power supply
it depends on the area. But you can plan for 60-70k in a better area.
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by rhosmherhy(f): 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
BENIN
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by AuroraB(f): 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
stinggy:

You probably need to travel more bro. Which do you even want to compare with ilorin? Stop this blind support just because it's your town.
Is Ilorin the capital of Peckham undecided

Are you lightskinned

grin
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Thistles: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
Ipisi:

A lot of typographical error, please check

Just an omission, and it has been corrected

Also known as Rafia city, Ikot Ekpene is located in Akwa Ibom, one of Nigeria’s oil-rich Niger delta States.Ikot Ekpene is an enchanting city reminiscent of beauty. Akwa Ibom is home to over 143,077 people as at the 2006 population census. It is also renowned for the good roads which intricately networks the Akwa Ibom state. Ikot Ekpene occupies an 116km square of land and it has a population density of 1233km2.
Hotel accommodation in this city is ridiculously cheap as one can lodge in a hotel for as low as 1000 NGN. The most expensive hotel here is 10,000 NGN. Hotels in Ikot Ekpene are; Anibeto Palace Hotels, Diamolen Luxury Hotels, Macaire Resorts, Tropical Guest House, Usel International Hotels, Executive Guest House, Samret Guest House (Extension), and U & I Guest House.
You can get a flat for rent for as low as 200,00 NGN here. There are also a few office spaces here. Ikot Ekpene is a commercial area, so there is no need to worry about doing business here.
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Thistles: 1:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
stinggy:
Owerri? Really?? Wonders shall not cease cheesy

Just replace Owerri with Benin, Abeokuta or Enugu

There are a few factors considered in writing this, so you may not be totally correct.
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by stinechykee: 1:50pm On Jan 19, 2017
Olusola10:
And this shit made a front page with no source.....

Nairaland has really lost it even the MOD are cnfuse and lost.

In my opinion, their should be Ilorin as number after Ibadan.
Owerri and Onitsha ke I lived there for one year. Abeg strike em out, cheapest ko sharpest ni.
Afonja keep on deceiving yourself because the last thing your coward tribe is travel inatead you Yoruba will remain in that una brown roof region
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by stinggy(m): 1:50pm On Jan 19, 2017
AuroraB:
Is Ilorin the capital of Peckham undecided

Are you lightskinned
grin
Ilorin your people wan skin me oo grin cheesy grin
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by stinechykee: 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
Olusola10:

Owerri and Onitsha ke I lived there for one year. Abeg strike em out, cheapest ko sharpest ni.
Afonja keep on deceiving yourself because the last thing your coward tribe is travel inatead you Yoruba will remain in that una brown roof region.Come to Onitsha and see how develop it is and it can even be compete with your Lagos all Afonjas claim as their state
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Thistles: 1:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
Oildichotomy:
OP was doing good until the mention of Owerri.

You see how a bad egg can spoil the rest.
No list!

You never can tell, considering other factors.
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Thistles: 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
Olusola10:

write your own
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Thistles: 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2017
Gee001:
I think Illorin (kwara state) should be in the list

Ilorin is quite affordable, but doing business in Ilorin may be dull. Those factors are important.
Re: 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by naijaGhandi: 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2017
Have read a lot of commments here.

Truth is, the northern part of nigeria is the cheapest place to live in, considering kano, kd, jos

The safest place to live in nigeria is the western part , considering osogbo, ibadan and ilorin.

Some places are both cheap and safe; osogbo, ilorin, makurdi, bekwarra in crossriver.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School / Eko Atlantic Growth Continues / Price Of Pop Ceiling Material In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.