Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics (60687 Views)

Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan / West African Forces Arrest Gambian Army General / Yahya Jammeh: Gambian Journalist Appeals To NBA, Nigerian Judges (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics by anigbajumo(m): 9:45am On Jan 19, 2017
uzolexis:

No you are getting it wrong. Jammeh conceded defeat at first, then the winner of the election went about saying that as soon as he is sworn in he would prosecute Jammeh and send him to ICC. That was what prompted Jammeh to rescind his decision, not any inconsistency in the elections, there might be a few loopholes in the elections here and there but which election in Africa is entirely smooth? Majority of Gambians want Jammeh out and that's the fact, they celebrated on the streets of their country when he lost and conceded defeat at 1st before the opposition (who won the elections) started blabbing about prosecuting him. I blame the opposition, they should have been quiet until they were sworn in, he is just doing this cause he is afraid of being prosecuted.

You are wrong.Jammeh needs to respect the rule of law b4 any action.why fear of prosecution if he doesn't have anything hidden?? He is only fear of his bad deeds if that is the cause. He is no bigger than GEJ,kuffor nd co.He is signing his death warrant if he can't learn from gbagbo...

1 Like

Re: Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics by EugeneGee4(m): 11:10am On Jan 19, 2017
Annibiteye:
The President once accepted defeat only for him to rescind his spirit of statesmanship, what a decision! A little humility on the part of president Jammeh could have averted all these political impasse the Gambian govt seems to be nurturing. Big problems most times results from minor and very trivial causes. May the Gambia overcomes its problems soon!

The president accepted defeat but the ego of the incoming president and his words caused all this....you have not been sworn in as president and you have started preparing to probe a tyrant, if you are the president, will you allow it to materialise, so to me Barrow is the cause of this problem.
Re: Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics by EugeneGee4(m): 11:20am On Jan 19, 2017
FuckTheMod:

My take is that, it doesn't matter if he says one thing now and say another later. Between the two periods, a lot would have happened.
How would you feel if someone show you a video of your lovely wife having sex with another man and you later now found out with prove that the video was fake? Of course, your first reaction would be very emotional.
It would have taken A LOT
For Jammeh to have called his opponent to concede defeat and congratulate him at first.
Something actually wrong later, perhaps the election malpractice. It would be cowardice for him to just give up like that. I'd do the same if I were in his shoes. He can't just give up his 22 years for someone who would come in through crooky method.

Jammeh conceded defeat willingly but the stupid Barrow started blabbing about how he will probe him and send him to ICC , when they have not even handed over power, he was doing that to the excitement of the Masses who voted him, now he has landed everyone in deep shit that is about to plunge the country into civil unrest.

1 Like

Re: Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics by ezewinted1(m): 11:57am On Jan 19, 2017
goslowgoslow:

Mugabe na muslum? Olodo.
it's like you brain is watery. Does Mugabe lost his election? Arindin.
Re: Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics by uzolexis(f): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
anigbajumo:

You are wrong.Jammeh needs to respect the rule of law b4 any action.why fear of prosecution if he doesn't have anything hidden?? He is only fear of his bad deeds if that is the cause. He is no bigger than GEJ,kuffor nd co.He is signing his death warrant if he can't learn from gbagbo...

Don't get me wrong. I'm not supporting Jammeh on this, I'm just stating the reason why he rescinded on his earlier decision to concede.
Re: Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics by sniperr007(m): 1:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
BoJigga:

Screw you Nicaragua boy! I will defend my Gambian motherland with my last dying breath. Can't wait until those Senegalese frog bleeps start crossing the border so I can open up on 'em!
That's the spirit. No foreign force shud determine your future. You guys from Gambia shud decide ur future.
Re: Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics by ceaser: 5:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
FuckTheMod:

If you reason well, you'd relate my example with the situation.
BTW, what names are you talking about?
On the issue, there is no need to wait before rejecting the results. Delay is dangerous.

I think a less insulting but more apt phrase could have read "If you examine it critically". Don't you think so?

Re: Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics by ceaser: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2017
Martins301:

Keep dreaming that Buhari will lose in 2019. You wailing lot couldn't defeat him in 2015. You won't in 2019 as well.

And how are you so sure of that? GEJists had firmer belief in 2015 about Jonathan but the majority of Nigerians prevailed. At it stands now, the public opinion amd popularity of GMB has waned significantly. If a better candidate comes from any party come 2019, you can be sure GMB do not stand a chance.
Re: Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
ceaser:

And how are you so sure of that? GEJists had firmer belief in 2015 about Jonathan but the majority of Nigerians prevailed. At it stands now, the public opinion amd popularity of GMB has waned significantly. If a better candidate comes from any party come 2019, you can be sure GMB do not stand a chance.

No candidate produced by PDP can defeat Buhari
If the crooks in PDP and APC collabo and form a new party, they will still lose
A neutral candidate from a new party would have been the best choice but there are too many fools in Nigeria who know just APC and PDP
Given the two evils, people will choose the lesser evil which is APC and Buhari

Please don't mention kowa apga and all the other ethnic inclined parties. They don't stand a chance
Re: Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics by Cityguy: 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
Who go blame them? Nobody wants to be numbered among victims of coordinate errors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! / The Phone Ugandan President Museveni Uses Will Shock You (photos) / Donald Trump Admits That Joe Biden Won The American Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.