Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Tunde Kelani's 'Abeni' 1 & 2 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tunde Kelani's 'Abeni' 1 & 2 (7272 Views)

Trailer For Tunde Kelani’s Dazzling Mirage. A Brilliant Teaser Trailer. / Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? / Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Kelani's 'Abeni' 1 & 2 by angelz(f): 8:02pm On Jan 13, 2007
You need to see this movie. I am not trying to say its too fantastic, but much capital may have been expended to put it out. Though the story line is the same, the plot is ok.

The embarrasing aspect of it is when one of the characters took a convertable home with his friend to see his fada. The cotonou public seem worse compared to Nigeria. Just watch it.

It's subtitled in English; your opinion will be respected.
Re: Tunde Kelani's 'Abeni' 1 & 2 by layi(m): 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2007
Remember Laku's dad lived in the slum. Its only normal to have people gather when a white mercedes convertible rides in. the storyline ain't special though but i like the shooting. Big ups to Kelani.
Re: Tunde Kelani's 'Abeni' 1 & 2 by angelz(f): 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2007
@layi. Did u say laku's fada lives in d slum? I dnt tink so. Watch it carefully, i tink d hous blongs 2 him.
Re: Tunde Kelani's 'Abeni' 1 & 2 by TerraCotta(m): 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2007
You're both right--the storyline is the same boy-meets-girl stuff, but Tunde Kelani sets up interesting scenes and the Nigerian/Beninois crossover angle makes the film unique for a Nollywood production. I was really disappointed by the sloppy scripting and reliance on coincidences--I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't watched it, but the plot is lacking in sophistication in many ways.

I think Akanni/Laha/Amzat Abdel Hakim is some kind of singer (I hope, anyway), which might be why there's so much crappy singing in the movie. Definitely better than your average Naija film, but it still lags behind the best movies from other places.
Re: Tunde Kelani's 'Abeni' 1 & 2 by ibikunle20: 10:58pm On Jan 25, 2007
Abeni has received critical acclaim at film festivals around the world. This means something about it must be very good. I think the cinematography is excellent, the acting is decent and the cross-cultural angle makes it classy. It's not the best that TK has done but he has shown once again that he can produce magic with a little budget
Re: Tunde Kelani's 'Abeni' 1 & 2 by layi(m): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2007
angelz:

@layi. Did u say laku's fada lives in d slum? I dnt think so. Watch it carefully, i think d hous blongs 2 him.

A slum is not a building. people own houses in slums.
Re: Tunde Kelani's 'Abeni' 1 & 2 by Orikinla(m): 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
When Tunde Kelani Made Nigeria Proud At TIFF 10 Years Ago - TV/Movies - Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/3356399/when-tunde-kelani-made-nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search / Where Can I Download Free Blue-ray Movies? / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.