Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds (7770 Views)

Is Listening To Secular Music or Watching Movie Bad For A Christian? / One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by jonbellion(m): 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

They are not necessarily true Christians? Can't u make valid arguments without resorting to no true Scotsman fallacy??
he obviously cannot
I wonder why he wanted to cry

1 Like

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

This is so simple... What's the number of people needed in a study to make it valid. U have still not given me an answer... Is it that hard?

There's no specific number, different studies required different portions. U cited one study so far featuring only +1200 kids. That can't be considered a fact or proven. I'm sure even atheists here reject this study since they usually demand proof.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

This is so simple... What's the number of people needed in a study to make it valid. U have still not given me an answer... Is it that hard?

Where n is sample size
P is prevalence

But obviously, i know u cant interpret that because its not your field,
Obviously.
Thats why u have prolonged this discussion unnecessarily.

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 8:01am On Jan 21, 2017
Richirich713:

There's no specific number, different studies required different portions. U cited one study so far featuring only +1200 kids. That can't be considered a fact or proven. I'm sure even atheists here reject this study since they usually demand proof.
The Pew research center, one of the most respected, especially when it comes to religion has this to say.
Because of how the margin of sampling error is calculated, decreases in the margin of error get smaller as the sample grows. This is why so many polls have samples of around 1,000 or so.
Seven reputable universities all over the world conducted this survey, if u want to object to the number of people, u have to show that the margin of error is large. U haven't shown that, you're just making assertions without proof
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 8:30am On Jan 21, 2017
randomperson:

The Pew research center, one of the most respected, especially when it comes to religion has this to say.
Because of how the margin of sampling error is calculated, decreases in the margin of error get smaller as the sample grows. This is why so many polls have samples of around 1,000 or so.
Seven reputable universities all over the world conducted this survey, if u want to object to the number of people, u have to show that the margin of error is large. U haven't shown that, you're just making assertions without proof

That's not proof? Don't give me quotes from them supporting their own studies.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 8:47am On Jan 21, 2017
Richirich713:

That's not proof? Don't give me quotes from them supporting their own studies.
It's not a quote by the people who made this study... It was from PEW RESEARCH CENTER. Can't you read?
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 8:49am On Jan 21, 2017
felixomor:

Where n is sample size
P is prevalence

But obviously, i know u cant interpret that because its not your field,
Obviously.
Thats why u have prolonged this discussion unnecessarily.

This isn't hard u know... Gimme the appropriate number for a sample size of children between 5&12
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 9:03am On Jan 21, 2017
randomperson:

It's not a quote by the people who made this study... It was from PEW RESEARCH CENTER. Can't you read?

grin in that case, their statement can just be ignored as it was not even referring to that one study u cited.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 9:23am On Jan 21, 2017
This study is nonsensical :

How the hell is the dictator game a great measure of altruism?

...Study...:

"Children were shown a set of 30 stickers and told to choose their 10 favorite. They were then told “these stickers are yours to keep.” Children were instructed that the experimenter did not have the time to play this game with all of the children in the school, so not everyone would be able to receive stickers. Children were finally shown a set of envelopes and informed that they could give some of their stickers to another child who would not be able to play this
game by putting them in one envelope and they could put the stickers they wanted to keep in the other envelope. Experimenters turned around during the child’s choice and children were instructed to inform the experimenter when they were finished. Altruism was calculated as the number of
stickers shared out of 10."

Why was this study published in a biology journal instead of a psychology/sociology journal? Was this even peer-reviewed?

There's several flaws in this study, as I suspected :

www.patheos.com/blogs/accordingtomatthew/2015/11/no-atheist-kids-are-not-more-altruistic-than-religious-kids/

www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/11/physicist-slams-pseudoscience-showing-atheist-kids-altruistic-believers/

•wmbriggs.com/post/17238/
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by MrMontella(m): 11:07am On Jan 21, 2017
Image123:

They are not necessarily true christians. Humans tend to draw closer to God or some god when in problem. Some look for some kind of forgiveness, penance, hope etc It's same thing in accidents and in areas of deep poverty.
i also how the atheists can also be true atheists grin
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2017
felixomor:

Since u have a good eye for rubbish,
I am surprised u didnt spot the one i was replying.

Ur rubbish detector is selective. cool
Excellent point !
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin grin

I swear, that guy seems to be on drugs
How did you guess ooo !
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Lolzz. You and this felixomor guy ehn!

@op, the article is perfectly right. Religious children tend to see themselves overly right and look down - sometimes go as far as harming - on those who don't share same belief as them.

Thank goodness the world is gradually coming to cognizance to the truth that was cemented by religious lies at the back end of our minds.
You know that your comments are utter rubbish. It is a new year. Compliments of the season !
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2017
Lennycool:

No be small.
He always seems to also advertise TB Joshua whenever possible.
Hell who knows, it might actually be TB Joshua himself on nairaland
grin grin
Any church or person that does so much to practically help suffering people is worth mentioning.
Compliments of the season !
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
benzics:

That sciencewatch is worse o, maybe the guy has some kind of brain tumor, oh religion is actually the tumor.. When ever I see his name, I just scroll past his post..
I simply love it when you exercise your new found freedom.

Just scroll past !

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
randomperson:

Seriously, there are some weird people in this section... MrPresident, sciencewatch, felixomor...
Seriously ooo !
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Any church or person that does so much to practically help suffering people is worth mentioning.
So SCOAN and TB Joshua are the only church/person you know that helps suffering people.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by jonbellion(m): 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2017
ScienceWatch:
I simply love it when you exercise your new found freedom.

Just scroll past !

Mr man you have come again
At least why you're here I can give you your test result

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2017
Lennycool:

So SCOAN and TB Joshua are the only church/person you know that helps suffering people.
Compliments of the Season ! I wont deal with that question here, it deserves a front page thread.

If you dont mind, I will add that even atheists help suffering people, but to greater confusion and an easy way to satisfy greed, lust, hatred etc.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2017
jonbellion:
Mr man you have come again
At least why you're here I can give you your test result
Lol ! Go ahead Jonny.

Write it well so Nairaland can enjoy too.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by blueAgent(m): 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2017
Image123:

We know the reality of life. Atheists like Mao, Stalin, Mussolini and Hitler were given power, we know how nice they were. Atheists on this forum have said that human life and ant is the same to them. My friend, go and drink bobo or something.

Lol.....I Concur Bro.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
Richirich713:
This study is nonsensical :

How the hell is the dictator game a great measure of altruism?

Why was this study published in a biology journal instead of a psychology/sociology journal? Was this even peer-reviewed?

There's several flaws in this study, as I suspected :

www.patheos.com/blogs/accordingtomatthew/2015/11/no-atheist-kids-are-not-more-altruistic-than-religious-kids/

www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/11/physicist-slams-pseudoscience-showing-atheist-kids-altruistic-believers/

•wmbriggs.com/post/17238/

At last after decades of searching, u found something grin
Anyways, the dictator game isn't the only parameter used. It was just one of the many parameters. The children were also shown film of children pushing each other to gauge their responses.
Also, in the first link u posted, the guy was criticizing the researchers because they were neuroscientists conducting a sociology or psychology research. But the guy himself was a physicist. So, on what basis was he criticizing the methodology employed.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by TheNazarene: 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
The research isn't detailed enough to take in whole, so it is IMO twisted, we are only seeing the results, no process of how the children were selected or what were the detailed responses of the children after watching the video...many, many loopholes I will say.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

Are you related to the retar.... called sciencewatch? You guys post the same crappy links about atheism
I notice that FLEXIMOR actually found facts on a medical study that I did not want to mention till 2018.

It is terrifying to consider what new discoveries brain scientists have come up with.

To put it simply :
When the brains of atheists and believers in God are studied live, the brain of the atheist is dying.

Sorry JACKBIZZLE I cant say it more simple than that. Maybe you can help ?

1 Like

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 1:47pm On Jan 21, 2017
Richirich713:

Who can be so brilliant that they can demand proof of something they claim do not even exist ? Only an atheist ooo !
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by jimmyjenseng(m): 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2017
ScienceWatch:
You know that your comments are utter rubbish. It is a new year. Compliments of the season !

Let's have an intellectual discuss when you're fully grown up. Until then, just stay away from my mention because you ain't worth my time. Thank you.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
MrMontella:

i also how the atheists can also be true atheists grin
The Past cannot be changed ! Atheists live in the past. Atheists work very hard to change the past.

Thanks to the most advanced medical studies of live brains, they have actually seen what happens to atheists brains when they always think about what happened in the past.

The physical brain is damaged and many symptoms of insanity sets in. Anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, bitterness and anger etc. Based on these studies we can concluded that those that pray and do the things commanded by their religions are safe.

The mark of a true Atheist is his determination to tackle the past. That is, he is determined to tackle something that cannot be changed.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Let's have an intellectual discuss when you're fully grown up. Until then, just stay away from my mention because you ain't worth my time. Thank you.
No need to be so sensitive, oooo !

It is a new year and you haven't noticed ! Once again, Compliments of the season !
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 2:33pm On Jan 21, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Lolzz. You and this felixomor guy ehn!

@op, the article is perfectly right. Religious children tend to see themselves overly right and look down - sometimes go as far as harming - on those who don't share same belief as them.

Thank goodness the world is gradually coming to cognizance to the truth that was cemented by religious lies at the back end of our minds.
It is worth mentioning here that JIMMYJENSENG is working on his biased opinion about religious children. Mmmmm

What is a sad disgrace is that JIMMYJENSENG refuse to examine frightening modern medical findings on what happens to the physical brains of atheist children. As a result of these findings, he would be able to stop millions of people from falling into the same painful trap.

Come on Jimmy, you told me you are an intellectual, and that you can debate with me. No problem! But as an intellectual you have the status to make a meaningful change.

1 Like

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

Yess ooo.

By the way, where was the study done? USA?
You are right JACKBIZZLE, when you say, "some people paste the same old links on atheism."

Especially when there are loads of results on the latest medical studies of the tragic consequences of Atheism.

The latest equipment view the actual brain changes as you think. Check it out !
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2017
randomperson:

At last after decades of searching, u found something grin

grin I knew there was something fishy about this study.

randomperson:

Anyways, the dictator game isn't the only parameter used. It was just one of the many parameters. The children were also shown film of children pushing each other to gauge their responses.

True, but it's one of flaws of their study.

randomperson:

Also, in the first link u posted, the guy was criticizing the researchers because they were neuroscientists conducting a sociology or psychology research. But the guy himself was a physicist. So, on what basis was he criticizing the methodology employed.

The guy in my 1st link was a social scientist and an atheist BTW. He found 3 major flaws in the study, the physicist pretty much agree with him on the many flaws found within the study.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by ScienceWatch: 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
Lennycool:

No be small.
He always seems to also advertise TB Joshua whenever possible.
Hell who knows, it might actually be TB Joshua himself on nairaland
grin grin
Compliments of the season ![/b] I have met with people that have a deep love of God. This is highly commendable seeing that God is showing Himself to the whole world with indisputable evidence to the millions of sincere truth seekers.

The evidence of a a creator God is easy to examine. God made sure of that, to frustrate the status conscious Atheists with their love of confusing language.

In their drive for acceptance and status in society, atheists have done exactly what car enthusiasts do. They pump their language then imagine they impress, without asking themselves who they are impressing. The answer would shock them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion / Prophet Alfa Babatunde Finally Confessed / We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.