Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? (4422 Views)

We Confessed To Each Other, Should I Be Worried? / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady / My Grandmom Was Disowned For Marrying This Nigerian Man;English Man Reveals.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Foxie: 10:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
Married Men & Women, Please come in and advice me, I don't want to make mistakes. I've been dating him for 3 years now, though we have marriage in sight (looking at this year), though he doesn't seem ready...

There are some things I see in him that disturbs me and gives me great concerns:

1. He isn't as spiritual as I thought he was. I met him in the church and from stories he had shared with me, I felt great that I had met a man who has a connection with God, But I can't see any trace of that. He's just playing church.

2. His best friend isn't so responsible (he's a chronic womaniser, he physically abuses his gf, he smokes and as well drinks...) and I fear he's been influenced by this said best friend.

3. When I point out the things he's doing wrongly, he picks an offence and ignores me.
Take for instance, I complain how he does 'follow follow' with this his bestfriend. His friend controls him to hang out late into the night, take alcohol when he's decided he won't anymore. I don't know if I'm overreacting.

4. He doesn't read, even if he graduated with a good result. If you hand him any book that would grow him and increase his knowledge, he dumps the book. He isn't interested in reading any material or book to develop himself.

5. He doesn't plan: I get really frustrated at this, he rather wait for situations/things to come up before he acts or prepare, when such situations could have been well prepared for before time.

6. He's not sensitive to my needs ( or so I think). I'm always on the look out for him, making sure he's best at whatever he does, I'm always there for him, I add more value to his life than he does to me. Little romantic gestures here and there he doesn't do. And I get tired of showing a man how to make me feel loved and put smiles on my face, whereas he doesn't show me how to love him and make him happy...

Besides all of these, he's very patient with me, he has never lost his temper even at my worst, he never lets me go for the several times I wanted out of the relationship when we have issues, he loves his family, he's humble, respectful and disciplined.

Should I be going on with getting married with a man with the above attributes?

Please chip in your advice, I'd really appreciate. Thank you.

N.B: We're not se****** active, he agreed to wait for me...

2 Likes

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by AntiWailer: 11:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
Since you are not sexually active and have nothing to lose, just move on before it is too late.

He is not responsible. He is just hiding under the fact that everybody will believe his bad friend influenced him.

6 Likes

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by delishpot: 11:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
If he isn't what you want in a husband, then don't marry him plain and simple. I understand women feel pressured to marry anyone that wants to marry them for fear of losing out if they reject the proposal and then no one else comes to seek their hand in marriage. Don't fall for the trap. Don't Marty him hoping that he would change. Marry him only if YOU CAN CHANGE to fit his personality. If you can't change, then it isn't worth the sweat.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
Personally, I think the only problem (that brings about others) here is his best friend. Since listens to him and maybe act like him sometimes. Get someone from his family to talk to him...his dad or his mom..
or someone he show much respect to. I pray things work out just fine
Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Ten12(m): 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
You are just a control freak who wants to bend her man to suit her taste....blank truth..dear the problem might be you not him....solution: make his friend your friend also join de gang....and hey your buying books for him to read when he is facing life issues trying to figure out how to pay your bride price...

21 Likes

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by greatnaija01: 11:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
TRUE LOVE IS NOT BLIND but LUST is BLIND and will always get you LOST

everything you see in this man that you itemized is just a tip of the ICEBERG after marriage you will see SUPERSTORY and it will be all your fault. IT IS CLEAR YOU ALSO AINT VERY SPIRITUAL ELSE THE VOICE OF GOD WONT BE SILENT ON YOUR CASE.
God can not watch you enter disaster and God will not lead you to nairaland before HE commands you to have SENSE.. Chai biko if a man's best friend is a womanizer then so is the man but you may be too slow to discern it.. Sister sister.... NA MARRIAGE GO TEAR YOUR EYE O.

Even if you do not have a spiritual authority over your life who can see into your life and correct you... UNLESS your church pastor is a blind rat..if you tell him these things he CAN NOT ask you to go ahead,.

About anger... madam biko i advise you on this... ANGER THAT IS EASILY EXPRESSED IS NOT DEEP but the one that "ignores" YOU is waiting till you are trapped to finish you.... your marriage wahala is doing NYSC.

ABOUT books... LOLS... did you not know the BIBLE says STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED? or are you so old that you will settle for anything in trouser and with a manhood? I pity you sha... because it looks like you are loving this man with your heart OPEN but your BRAIN CLOSED. Readers are leaders... The man is to be a leader to the woman and children.

If he is not PRAYERFUL then get ready to carry your kids to all manner of prayer meetings and programs forever cos he would not bother to start in marriage what he didnt start as a single

LOLS... you made me laugh by saying he is patient... even the devil is patient with you my sister... I KNOW YOU DO NOT READ. cos if you do.. YOU WOULD HAVE DUMPED that devil's plan in male clothing long ago... EVEN YOU ARE NOT A WIFE MATERIAL... cos you are able to be confused about a clear WRONG CHOICE.

DID GOD SPEAK TO YOU? ARE YOU NOT AWARE MARRIAGE IS A SPIRITUAL THING? DID YOU SEEK COUNSEL FROM YOUR PASTOR OR A VERY GENUINE SPIRITUAL PERSON? Do you pray and hear God's directions? cos this is a simple matter of BY THEIR FRUIT YE SHALL KNOW THEM.

If you can not correct him then how are you his HELP-MEET. my sister, print out all i have written and understand it. JESUS IS COMING SOON.... MARRY WHO WILL HELP YOU MAKE HEAVEN rather than WHO WILL DAMAGE YOU SO WELL THAT HEAVEN WILL NOT KNOW YOU EVEN EXISTED.

Foxie:
Married Men & Women, Please come in and advice me, I don't want to make mistakes. I've been dating him for 3 years now, though we have marriage in sight (looking at this year), though he doesn't seem ready...

There are some things I see in him that disturbs me and gives me great concerns:

1. He isn't as spiritual as I thought he was. I met him in the church and from stories he had shared with me, I felt great that I had met a man who has a connection with God, But I can't see any trace of that. He's just playing church.

2. His best friend isn't so responsible (he's a chronic womaniser, he physically abuses his gf, he smokes and as well drinks...) and I fear he's been influenced by this said best friend.

3. When I point out the things he's doing wrongly, he picks an offence and ignores me.
Take for instance, I complain how he does 'follow follow' with this his bestfriend. His friend controls him to hang out late into the night, take alcohol when he's decided he won't anymore. I don't know if I'm overreacting.

4. He doesn't read, even if he graduated with a good result. If you hand him any book that would grow him and increase his knowledge, he dumps the book. He isn't interested in reading any material or book to develop himself.

5. He doesn't plan: I get really frustrated at this, he rather wait for situations/things to come up before he acts or prepare, when such situations could have been well prepared for before time.

6. He's not sensitive to my needs ( or so I think). I'm always on the look out for him, making sure he's best at whatever he does, I'm always there for him, I add more value to his life than he does to me. Little romantic gestures here and there he doesn't do. And I get tired of showing a man how to make me feel loved and put smiles on my face, whereas he doesn't show me how to love him and make him happy...

Besides all of these, he's very patient with me, he has never lost his temper even at my worst, he never lets me go for the several times I wanted out of the relationship when we have issues, he loves his family, he's humble, respectful and disciplined.

Should I be going on with getting married with a man with the above attributes?

Please chip in your advice, I'd really appreciate. Thank you.

N.B: We're not se****** active, he agreed to wait for me...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by MizMyColi(f): 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
You have a certain mental picture of the kind of man you desire, the young man you are dating does not tick all the boxes.

You also sound like you want marriage to happen this year, but you're not sure it will because he does not seem ready.

If I have learned anything in the last four years, it is that - people should be free to live as they want to without me feeling this burden to change them or get them to conform to standards I have set and I am better for it.

As it stands now, your mind is not really at peace with him and you are not enjoying your relationship with him...you should enjoy your relationship, you deserve to....at least most of the time. If that's not happening for you, you might wanna keep things light between you two.

If you keep investing your emotions while expecting such to be reciprocated and it's not forthcoming, you will get frustrated...over and over.

Decide what you want. It's probable that you are destined to be good friends, not marriage partners.

I think you should withdraw yourself bit by bit, by getting used to doing other things that make you happy.

Never allow your happiness to be dependent on a person. If you do not feel good, you cannot make him feel good. If you can't do that, how then are you supposed to make his life better?

Isn't relationships basically about adding value to each other's lives?

Think again and decide wisely.

Greetings.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by delishpot: 11:27pm On Jan 19, 2017
Ten12:
You are just a control freak who wants to bend her man to suit her taste....blank truth..dear the problem might be you not him....solution: make his friend your friend also join de gang....and hey your buying books for him to read when he is facing life issues trying to figure out how to pay your bride price...

And for how long would she join the gang? How old are you? You think marriage is boyfriend and girlfriend? No matter how long you date, marriage is an entirely different issue. So, if your woman has a friend that takes her out and makes her do certain things you do not fancy, your solution would be to follow them out? To join the gang? For how long? When kids start coming, would she carry the kids and join the gang? Na so una go push people go front, when yawa gas Na still una go ask her weda she no see all these signs before she agree to marry him? Na still una go say she was blinded by money, she rushed into it because she thought he would change bla bla bla.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
What I can deduce from your narration.
1) He isn't 'spiritual'.
2)His best friend is a chronic womaniser, physically abusive, smokes and drinks.
3)He is aware of (2).
3b)You're also aware of (2).
3c)He is aware that you're aware of (2).
4)His best friend influences him,
4b)So, he also keeps late nights and resumed drinking. Are you waiting for when he'll teach him how to beat you?
5)He doesn't plan. You wouldn't know the advantage of a financially proactive and frugal spouse till you're in.
6)He isn't enthusiastic about reading.
7)He isn't sensitive to your needs.
8 )He is incorrigible.

He has his good sides (i.e) he is patient, disciplined,family-oriented, humble, respectful and calm. I don't agree he's disciplined, disciplined people are cautious of their circle_knowing how easily friends can make/mar you.

His good sides in comparison to his bad is an improper fraction...aru!!!

Nne, this your guy isn't even good to be a sperm donor, let alone husband.

Summary: Women marry men hoping they'll change_but they don't
-Men marry women hoping they won't change_ but they do.

Better do the moonwalk outta his life...you're standing on landmines. grin
Bye.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
Twisted story.

They just confuse you over and over

2 Likes

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by toksbisola: 12:29am On Jan 20, 2017
@Op; to love some one is a beautiful thing. When one is in a relationship that they think would lead to marriage, there are certain factors you need to consider before taking the “I DO” step. The factors are; Love, Compatibility, Respect and Friendship.

During courtship is a time to decide whether you can tolerate your partners' attitude or not. If you know that you can’t endure a particular attitude during courtship, then address it there and then as it has a tendency to probably get worse when you marry.

Now let me give you some quotes below to ponder over; here we go;

When a relationship becomes one you are enduring; it’s time to walk away

When a relationship becomes a violet one; it’s time to walk away

When a relationship becomes a selfish one;it’s time to walk away

When a relationship makes you unhappy; it’s time to walk away

When you become afraid of your partner in a relationship; it’s time to walk away

When in a relationship and the apologies comes from only one side; it’s time to walk away

When you walk on egg-shells in a relationship; it’s time to walk away

Note my words above and be sure to be married to someone who you see as one you can spend the rest of your life with in happiness, love and unity. We are not perfect but we can still make adjustments in our attitude towards our fellow human.

It would be in your best interest to TO AVOID PROLONGING THIS MATTER ANY LONGER. You are a woman whose biological clock is ticking and if you honestly would not be able to look beyond the “PROBLEM AREAS” you’ve mentioned above; PLEASE FREE HIM AND FREE YOURSELF. Don’t have a selfish attitude (No offence hope none taken) where you want to have your cake and eat it by keeping him and STILL HAVING THESE NAGGING DOUBTS/ISSUES THAT YOU CAN’T OVERLOOK.

On a final note,

1) Never marry anyone out of pity simply because you have been with them for a long time and you don’t want them or you to lose out.

2) Marry for true love so that when the challenges start occurring in the marital bond (and best believe challenges would arise) the love both of you have built up would be able to withstand the ups and downs that would occur; take note that MARRIAGE IS NOT A BED OF ROSES.

I rest my case

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by DestinyCHILD1: 12:33am On Jan 20, 2017
PaperLace:
What I could deduce from your narration.
1) He isn't 'spiritual'.
2)His best friend is a chronic womaniser, physically abusive, smokes and drinks.
3)He is aware of (2).
3b)You're also aware of (2).
3c)He is aware that you're aware of (2).
4)His best friend influences him so,
4b)He also keeps late nights.
5)He doesn't plan. You wouldn't know the advantage of a financially proactive and frugal spouse till you're in.
6)He isn't enthusiastic about reading.
7)He isn't sensitive to your needs.
8 )He is incorrigible.

He has his good sides (i.e) he is patient and calm.
'but his good sides in comparison to his bad is an improper fraction...aru!!!

Nne, this your guy isn't even good to be a sperm donor, let alone husband.

Summary: Women marry men hoping they'll change_but they don't
-Men marry women hoping they won't change_ but they do.

Better do the moonwalk outta his life...you're standing on landmines. grin
Bye.

OP, pay attention to this advice... don't push yourself into a mess all in the name of marriage. Be sure of what you sign up for.
Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 20, 2017
That's way too much flaws for just one person.
Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 20, 2017
DestinyCHILD1:

OP, pay attention to this advice... don't push yourself into a mess all in the name of marriage. Be sure of what you sign up for.
She better do the Usain Bolt outta his life.
The fact that she has even stayed in such company for 3yrs says a lot about her and her principles. Well, it's never too late.

If she doesn't do the needed now, the next time she'll be creating a complain thread as a Mrs, I trust Nairalanders...they'll first ask her if she didn't notice the signs (of course she did).

Then they'll tell her to manage, pray for him, talk to him when he's in a good mood ,wear red pant and bra, f.uck him till he forgets his state of origin and be very submissive

If symptoms persist after 2wks, repeat the dosage above. grin
Remember, divorce isn't an option. angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by romme2u: 3:09am On Jan 20, 2017
PaperLace:

She better do the Usain Bolt outta his life.
The fact that she has even stayed in such company for 3yrs says a lot about her and her principles. Well, it's never too late.

If she doesn't do the needed now, the next time she'll be creating a complain thread as a Mrs, I trust Nairalanders...they'll first ask her if she didn't notice the signs (of course she did).

Then they'll tell her to manage, pray for him, talk to him when he's in a good mood ,wear red pant and bra, f.uck him till he forgets his state of origin and be very submissive

If symptoms persist after 2wks, repeat the dosage above. grin
Remember, divorce isn't an option. angry

grin grin grin wash, rinse, repeat
Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by HEIR: 5:26am On Jan 20, 2017
Personally the only real issue I see here is his spirituality. Does he fear God? Because that's the only reason he won't hurt, cheat, abuse or leave you, especially during trying times. The reality is he's just like everyone of us. If you truly love him, make him a better person. Peace

4 Likes

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by zed7: 6:05am On Jan 20, 2017
What you've outlined are not serious issues abeg. Yea, i may advice u not to marry him because u guys are not COMPATIBLE.

But then, some couples marry each other even when totally different, yet they complement each other. As for his flaws, not being 'spiritual' (spirituality is a personal matter, 90% of people running to churches and mosques are hypocrites, knowing God is a different thing entirely ), drinking liquor occasionally (most likely a social drinker), not planning (a bit exaggerated, no adult won't have plans for his life. I want to believe he went to school and has a job, anyway, most women help men become better managers and planners), he doesn't read (not everyone likes to read, they are a thousand ways of gaining knowledge. Reading doesn't put food on the table, even though reading is actually a good thing to do).

I would say run if he is violent, womanizes, has no ambition or depends on u for his upkeep, has no regards for other people, doesn't care for u and maltreats and disrespect u. We all have bad friends, but we know where to draw the line with them. Again, a lot of friendships start drifting apart when marriage happens. A woman who knows her man will know how to separate him from a friend she doesn't like.

My dear leave him alone if u wish, but this man could be worse. You could be the one to actually put structure in his life. But then, marriage is a personal choice.

4 Likes

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by shanicemel(f): 7:25am On Jan 20, 2017
greatnaija01:

everything you see in this man that you itemized is just a tip of the ICEBERG after marriage you will see SUPERSTORY and it will be all your fault. IT IS CLEAR YOU ALSO AINT VERY SPIRITUAL ELSE THE VOICE OF GOD WONT BE SILENT ON YOUR CASE.
God can not watch you enter disaster and God will not lead you to nairaland before HE commands you to have SENSE.. Chai biko if a man's best friend is a womanizer then so is the man but you may be too slow to discern it.. Sister sister.... NA MARRIAGE GO TEAR YOUR EYE O.

Even if you do not have a spiritual authority over your life who can see into your life and correct you... UNLESS your church pastor is a blind rat..if you tell him these things he CAN NOT ask you to go ahead,.

About anger... madam biko i advise you on this... ANGER THAT IS EASILY EXPRESSED IS NOT DEEP but the one that "ignores" YOU is waiting till you are trapped to finish you.... your marriage wahala is doing NYSC.

ABOUT books... LOLS... did you not know the BIBLE says STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED? or are you so old that you will settle for anything in trouser and with a manhood? I pity you sha... because it looks like you are loving this man with your heart OPEN but your BRAIN CLOSED. Readers are leaders... The man is to be a leader to the woman and children.

If he is not PRAYERFUL then get ready to carry your kids to all manner of prayer meetings and programs forever cos he would not bother to start in marriage what he didnt start as a single

LOLS... you made me laugh by saying he is patient... even the devil is patient with you my sister... I KNOW YOU DO NOT READ. cos if you do.. YOU WOULD HAVE DUMPED that devil's plan in male clothing long ago... EVEN YOU ARE NOT A WIFE MATERIAL... cos you are able to be confused about a clear WRONG CHOICE.

DID GOD SPEAK TO YOU? ARE YOU NOT AWARE MARRIAGE IS A SPIRITUAL THING? DID YOU SEEK COUNSEL FROM YOUR PASTOR OR A VERY GENUINE SPIRITUAL PERSON? Do you pray and hear God's directions? cos this is a simple matter of BY THEIR FRUIT YE SHALL KNOW THEM.

If you can not correct him then how are you his HELP-MEET. my sister, print out all i have written and understand it. JESUS IS COMING SOON.... MARRY WHO WILL HELP YOU MAKE HEAVEN rather than WHO WILL DAMAGE YOU SO WELL THAT HEAVEN WILL NOT KNOW YOU EVEN EXISTED.

Wao! You said it all, you said it all without caring whose ox is goad. Infact if she doesn't read your post and follow your counsel then she is ready to suffer
Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by pocohantas(f): 9:26am On Jan 20, 2017
This your guy though.
How can someone say this isn't an issue?

3 Likes

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by jashar(f): 10:11am On Jan 20, 2017
Nne, you're complaining about all these now when you never enter house. When you come enter, how e go be?

Sweerie, no one is perfect, but you have to know the level of imperfections you're willing to put up with.

smiley

5 Likes

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by thorpido(m): 10:45am On Jan 20, 2017
You want a man that is spiritual but in your 3 years with him,you KNOW he's just playing church.
I don't think disciplined is a word to describe him.You say he does 'follow follow'.Disciplined people are not 'follow follow' people.
You say he's humble but you say he picks offense and ignores you when you try to correct or show him his wrongs?Humility and malice/offense don't go together.
You say he's not sensitive to your needs?In marriage,being sensitive to each other's needs is a big deal or else it will get frustrating.

I know you want marriage this year but you should accept this only IF wanting marriage this year is the most important thing for you.

5 Likes

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Acidosis(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2017
I think you've just described a student.

If my guess is right, then you shouldn't be talking about marriage.

While I was schooling, I don't drink, smoke or womanize. However, I had friends around who engage in such acts. In fact, sometimes they come to beg to use the room with their girls. I basically lived a care-free life but I wasn't influenced.

Today, I've grown a bit to become more responsible. While I still do not smoke/drink, I don't entertain or keep such friends any longer. Whoever wants to drink, smoke or use my house for prostitution currently would need to first kill me.
But for as long as I am alive, that will not happen.

In essence, I think your man needs to grow up. Saying that he won't be influenced will only take God's grace. If he is a student as I've predicted, there is just little you can do, but then, why would you be contemplating marriage?

There are two options;

1. move on/away from the relationship
2. Continue to watch him whether he'll 'grow up'. If he does, then good luck, if he fails, then still move on.
Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2017
O.P,pls just leave the guy and stop wasting your time.
Ahan,you should know that nobody is perfect,at least sit him down and explain things to him,not blaming him and making him look like he's got nothing else to offer..The thing is you don't love him,but you don't know what you want.What's there if you tell you partner what you like and what you don't like.You are not perfect as well,we don't know the kinda things you do in secret.
If you can't talk to your partner,just leave him.
Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Foxie: 12:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
Acidosis:
I think you've just described a student.

If my guess is right, then you shouldn't be talking about marriage.

While I was schooling, I don't drink, smoke or womanize. However, I had friends around who engage in such acts. In fact, sometimes they come to beg to use the room with their girls. I basically lived a care-free life but I wasn't influenced.

Today, I've grown a bit to become more responsible. While I still do not smoke/drink, I don't entertain or keep such friends any longer. Whoever wants to drink, smoke or use my house for prostitution currently would need to first kill me.
But for as long as I am alive, that will not happen.

In essence, I think your man needs to grow up. Saying that he won't be influenced will only take God's grace. If he is a student as I've predicted, there is just little you can do, but then, why would you be contemplating marriage?

There are two options;

1. move on/away from the relationship
2. Continue to watch him whether he'll 'grow up'. If he does, then good luck, if he fails, then still move on.
He isn't a student. He has a job.
Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Foxie: 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
suzan404:
O.P,pls just leave the guy and stop wasting your time.
Ahan,you should know that nobody is perfect,at least sit him down and explain things to him,not blaming him and making him look like he's got nothing else to offer..The thing is you don't love him,but you don't know what you want.What's there if you tell you partner what you like and what you don't like.You are not perfect as well,we don't know the kinda things you do in secret.
If you can't talk to your partner,just leave him.
I've talked and I'm still talking, of course I know no one is perfect. My talking seems like insult or letting down to him and it makes me wonder if I'll ever be free to communicate these flaws to him again. I feel like it's a crime asking for an adjustment to gain balance...
Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
Foxie:
I've talked and I'm still talking, of course I know no one is perfect. My talking seems like insult or letting down to him and it makes me wonder if I'll ever be free to communicate these flaws to him again. I feel like it's a crime asking for an adjustment to gain balance...
Then let him go,if he's not ready to change and listen to you....You can't risk it,you know?
Just let him and stop wasting your time dear.smiley

1 Like

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Libertybae: 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
greatnaija01:

Na wa ooooo. How can you be preaching Jesus and be so judgemental. If you want to advice her, do so without all these insults abeg. Greatnaija01

2 Likes

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by angelTI(f): 1:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
If you marry him, I think you are out of pity. It also seems you don't have a connection with him. He is patient with you now because you guys are not married; things will change once you become his wife.

Nobody can make a decision for you my dear but think twice before you dabble into anything!
Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by greatnaija01: 2:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
TRUTH IS BITTER, NOTHING JUDGMENTAL. FOR WE CAN NOT PET SIN OR IGNORANCE

Libertybae:

Na wa ooooo. How can you be preaching Jesus and be so judgemental. If you want to advice her, do so without all these insults abeg. Greatnaija01

1 Like

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Foxie: 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
greatnaija01:
TRUTH IS BITTER, NOTHING JUDGMENTAL. FOR WE CAN NOT PET SIN OR IGNORANCE

What's sin there?
Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
Huge mistake. This a no brainer.

Those things bother you now, it will only magnify when you live under one roof as husband and wife.

Leave now!!!!

1 Like

Re: Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2017

Plz end the relationship, and move on with your lives. There are many women out there who will accept his flaws and help him grow

I hope you are good enough to marry the angel you are lookong for

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enroling Under 2 Yrs Child To School,bad? / If As A Girl Ur Above 30 Not Yet Married Blame Urself / My Aunt And Her Ashawo Husband In The Club!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.