Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures (305571 Views)

Nigerian Military In Action At Buhari's Inauguration (photos) / Nigerian MOPOL Fighting Alongside The Military In North East(picture) / Boko Haram Set To Engage Military In Gwoza, Asks Women, Children To Leave Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddyboi: 11:51pm On Nov 27, 2009
More on NNS Aradu, Nigerian frigate

[img]http://img3.imageshost.ru/imgs/7ad2a696face2dc29f44a3cfa5a35974/907e316da9914ac4394722f6f4527eb6.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img3.imageshost.ru/imgs/d8e7a19222991384575f76af8de3258a/c2b86c41a0378450f50dbd40365b4c34.jpg[/img]
A DAY ONBOARD NNS ARADU

This is an inside view of this magnificient ship. It was a delight to see that Nigerians could actually pull this together and participate with other commitee of advanced Nations.

Somebody later remarked that "This is the only Naval ship participating in the TRAFALGA 200, with the entire crew being totally black Africans".

That was absolutely correct. The size and most importantly the combat capability of ARADU must have made this guy to express this remark.

Personaly, I took it as a complement, , but, I know that it was due to ignorance on the part of lots of people about OUR great country.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 28, 2009
paddy something, i don,t think you are aware that the rwandan taking over from the gentleman officer gen agwai graduated from the nda in kaduna and that when gen patrick was a cadet, gen agwai was already a colonel in the army, that it was the failure of the nigerian authorities to put their act together caused a much more junior officer from rwanda to become CO to much more senior officers from nigeria even with the vast majority of soldiers being from nigeria, my friend there is nothing to celebrate in the nigerian military, they have been failing from 1966 till date, so all this military hardware pics you have been pasting, some of whom generals in the nigerian army have not seen before will not hold water, common militants they could not defeat, na only to flog civillian dem sabi.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by transformR: 1:15am On Nov 28, 2009
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by naijaway(m): 1:44am On Nov 28, 2009
Nice one paddy lo. Impressive eventhough there's still a long way to go in terms of technological dependency. but we will get there. Nigeria should stand on the good side of humanity and prepare to defend it. May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by igboboy1(m): 5:14am On Nov 28, 2009
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by SeanT21(f): 5:48am On Nov 28, 2009
I thank these soldiers for helping us in Liberia but they raped and looted like no other. Some even wondered if they were there to help or add to the suffering.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by citizenY(m): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2009
@Paddy lo Big ups grin grin grin grin grin grin ;

More Blessing D cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

At Detractors --- ntohhh!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by mccloud224(m): 10:57am On Nov 30, 2009
@Topic

All these pictures are impressive.I guess this means we can actually manage to withstand attack from third world countries like Togo.This means we can actually repel them if they attack us with cutlasses and spears.After 50 years of independence and decades with trillions of dollars in revenue coming in. . .all we can boast of is World War 1 artillery.We are just beginning to carry AK-47's when Kalashnikovs have been revised and upgraded several times over. Israel can threaten us from far away and we will succumb.Even Dubai can threaten us and we will shut up coz our missiles no fit pass boundary.

Rubbish!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by mccloud224(m): 11:02am On Nov 30, 2009
Till date, i am yet to see just one soldier i can respect.All they know how to do is flog innocent civilians and threaten people with whips. . .Also shooting and stabbing of motorists is not rare.Same goes for the Navy,Airforce and even the police.

What a country!

Rubbish.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by atessy03(m): 11:12am On Nov 30, 2009
mccloud224:

Till date, i am yet to see just one soldier i can respect.All they know how to do is flog innocent civilians and threaten people with whips. . .Also shooting and stabbing of motorists is not rare.Same goes for the Navy,Airforce and even the police.

What a country!

Rubbish.
Hatters like u angry, keep'on hating till u rot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by mccloud224(m): 11:13am On Nov 30, 2009
Hatters like u , keep'on hating till u rot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recognize barracks pikin when you see them.

Rubbish!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Riot5000: 11:16am On Nov 30, 2009
WOW, THESE ARE ALL THOSE MIGS NIGERIA USED TO DROP BOMBS at UMUAHIA, ABA and ONITCHA  Markets where women, children, and NO SOLDIERS were buying food to eat?
Way to go Nigeria.
Bravo.
Now, we can't wait to purge and replace those Ragtag Vagabond illiterates you recruited and promoted to officers and have them maraud eastern villages, raping pre-teen girls, doing street Byonet C-section and fetal extractions, and killing anything in that did not run fast enough.
BRAVO!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by mccloud224(m): 11:16am On Nov 30, 2009
@tessy 03

Do you even know what the word "hating" means? Ehhn?

Una go just dey use terms are freely as una like.What is there to hate on?The military?Now, why on earth would i hate on something i have totally no relation with?

All these dense and daft people on NL sef.I just tire.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Nezan(m): 11:28am On Nov 30, 2009
Nigerian military we hail!

@OP, I believe thats what you want to hear?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by mccloud224(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2009
Nigerian military we hail!

@OP, I believe thats what you want to hear?

lol

Nigeria the great unconscious giant of Africa. . .lol

When we should be talking of state of the art submarines,jet fighters,nuclear war heads and so on, we are here boasting of dane guns (ka ka kpu),AK-47's and archaic warships from world war 1.Let nobody talk about Nigeria "doing their best".Nigeria has the best of everything.To be frank, Nigeria is the most blessed country in the world (do your findings).We haven't even tapped into a tenth of our potential yet and even with what we've earned, we deserve so much better than what we see around us.Nigerians have been so battered psychologically that they accept bread crumbs with happiness.We deserve better. . .not all this archaic trash cans.

Rubbish.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by chiozor: 11:42am On Nov 30, 2009
i think this is an intelligent way the Militant wants to know the power of our military grin
now they know ;Dmilitant Nlanders grin grin grin
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by alleno: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2009
Never have i been at one moment more proud of my country. It might be small, archaic, old school etc but it does show that we cannot be neglected and that the government asides from all their issues still have a protection of the Nigerian People at heart.

Thanks poster
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Riot5000: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2009
Never have i been at one moment more proud of my country. It might be small, archaic, old school etc but it does show that we cannot be neglected and that the government asides from all their issues still have a protection of the Nigerian People at heart.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED NORMALITY.
Chose between constipation and bloody diarrhea.
Nigerian leadership represents both.
ALL THE MONEY, RESOURCES, MANPOWER, RAW TALENT, but NOTHING to show for it?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by donchelsea: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2009
Interesting pictures.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by mystikal(m): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
Proud of 'em!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by agbalaya: 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2009
Tips of the iceberg
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Czarskit(m): 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2009
Outdated weapons. . . tongue
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Smi1(m): 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2009
I'm really impressed, but what about Atomic bomb ?? I think nigeria Goverment should pour in more money to get that, Osiiii tcheww
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by edniroya01(m): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2009
Na wa ooo for our 9ja military oooo
Militants self dem no fit face them because of the kin weapon them get some neva see am before self or maybe in films sha
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by kabukabu(m): 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2009
The US should have set up AFRICOM in Nigeria.we have the biggest army,and we could benefit from their equipment and training,why are our soldiers using AK47s??Haven't they learned from Iraq twice,the M16 is a much more superior assault rifle.Those air force fighters look old,dump the Migs get some f-15s.Stop buying cheap articles from the Chinese and Russians
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by kabukabu(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
Instead of Atomic bomb spend money on Nigerian police,Naija police dey run away from criminals while western police run to criminals.Buy them all radios like US police,more pickups,Armored personnel carriers and assault rifles no more world war 1 shoot and 5 min reload awka made guns,look at mexican police they are even more well armed than US police because their criminals some even have rocket launchers.Naija police need upgrade and Fire dept too,no working trucks,most houses burn down,why is that?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by manny4life(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2009
Nice development so far but this seems to be somewhat outdated equipments though but someone correct me if am wrong, when he mentioned MIG's fighter jet, is it not the same outdated out of service retired firghter jets from Russia? You mentioned UAV? I have always read and thought this equipments used aerial satelliete systems for operations, maunvering and so on? Last time I checked, Nigeria doesn't have any military communication satallite in orbit let alone an aerial one. The battle ships looks good, but you never explained its full combat capabilities, you know one can buy a boat and just install guns on them. What I mean to say is that is the NNS Aradu, does it have an Anti missile defense system and so on?

I never new Nigeria had almost hundred of million or even billions of dollars to negotiate contracts for fighter jet and warships? Y'all know how much an F-15, let alone an F-22 fighter jet cost not to talk of the stealth F-35 fighter jet the U.S. is taking on order soon.

Well this is a stepping stone for Nigeria at least there is hope for future that it would get better.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by init4dmoni(m): 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2009
alleno:

Thanks poster

DIDO!!! u took the words out of my mouth
i pity all the idiots who think Nigeria is ready for nuclear bombs
some people can be dumber than shiit at times
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Outstrip(f): 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2009
Nigerian soldiers are stars as far as many Liberians and Sierra Leonans are concerned. They love Abacha because he sent soldiers to fight for their freedom. Many of them lived because Nigerian soldiers came and restored some order to their lives.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Pius33(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2009
Well, i can tel u guys dat d Nig Millitry hs realy improve over time, xpecialy on areas of defenc & in dere mode of operatn generaly.
D aspect which realy disturb me, is d "monthly tak home"!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Carlosein(m): 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2009
Pius33:

Well, i can tel u guys dat d Nig Millitry hs realy improve over time, xpecialy on areas of defenc & in dere mode of operatn generaly.
D aspect which realy disturb me, is d "monthly tak home"!

Please type so others can read and understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / 2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.