Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures (305599 Views)

Nigerian Military In Action At Buhari's Inauguration (photos) / Nigerian MOPOL Fighting Alongside The Military In North East(picture) / Boko Haram Set To Engage Military In Gwoza, Asks Women, Children To Leave Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by texazzpete(m): 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2009
Horus:

Before you post this type of information you should find out if under the Nigerian Military Commissions Act, the government can decide to bring a charge of treason against you. Make sure that it is not "unlawful" to post this type of military secret information. It is very unpatriotic to inform a potential enemy even involuntarily.

This information is freely available on Wikipedia and Jane's Defence Weekly, stop being so goddamn alarmist.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Horus(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
texazzpete:

This information is freely available on Wikipedia and Jane's Defence Weekly, stop being so goddamn alarmist.

And?, it is still unpatriotic !!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by texazzpete(m): 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2009
And it's more patriotic to cheer on a decaying millitary?
I cringe every time i see anyone post photos of our decaying 1960 era MIG-21 fleet and starts trumpeting about our 'beautiful jets'.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Mariory(m): 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2009
texazzpete:

Wikipedia is inaccurrate and contains mostly obsolete information in regards to our Military inventory. Also Jane's Defense Weekly (for up to date military information) is not free.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Horus(m): 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2009
texazzpete:

And it's more patriotic to cheer on a decaying millitary?
I cringe every time i see anyone post photos of our decaying 1960 era MIG-21 fleet and starts trumpeting about our 'beautiful jets'.

It is still Unpatriotic. A Patriotic will all time encourage his country to find solutions to have a better army instead of just complaining about the symptoms of a decaying millitary only. The Patriotic is optimistic and will go to the root of the problem and do something about it  but the Unpatriotic is pessimistic and will just sit and cry and say that there is no solution. You are Unpatriotic.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by texazzpete(m): 10:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
Mariory:

Wikipedia is inaccurrate and contains mostly obsolete information in regards to our Military inventory. Also Jane's Defense Weekly (for up to date military information) is not free.

Wikipedia is practically as accurate as any encyclopaedia out there, random vandalism cases notwithstanding.
Jane's Publications are not free, i agree, but are you seriously telling me that any tinpot government or group out there cannot plunk down the loose change for a subscription?

Besides. Nigeria's arms deals are in the public domain, not hidden or classified in any way. And we do not make any decent weaponry ourselves.
For example, Nigeria's deal to buy Chinese F-7 jets (merely rebadged MiG-2i clones from china) is on Wikipedia and is widely known.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by 4Play(m): 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2009
Mariory:

Wikipedia is more reliable than this thread which is a collection of images of flying coffins and other equipment spuriously attributed to be images of the Nigerian military.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by texazzpete(m): 10:34pm On Dec 02, 2009
Horus:

It is still Unpatriotic. A Patriotic will all time encourage his country to find solutions to have a better army instead of just complaining about the symptoms of a decaying millitary only. The Patriotic is optimistic and will go to the root of the problem and do something about it  but the Unpatriotic is pessimistic and will just sit and cry and say that there is no solution. You are Unpatriotic.

lol. As if anything i say can change the minds of those people who should be bringing about change in the Nigerian armed forces materiel. However, starry eyed optimists like yourself can help to perpetuate the stagnation in the millitary by hyping our decayed hardware - exactly the message the people in charge want you to spread.

It does not bother you that homeless palestinians have been able to design, build and launch Qassam I and II missiles at Israel while the Nigerian Army is still struggling with the production of mortars, not to talk of missile technology. Homeless palestinians are easily doing what a whole country cannot do, even with a well funded space agency. Patriotism, eh?

Your Naval flagship (NNS Aradu) is a mere frigate, and a 29 year old version at that, with a history of maintenance issues. Happy?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Horus(m): 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2009
texazzpete:

lol. As if anything i say can change the minds of those people who should be bringing about change in the Nigerian armed forces materiel. However, starry eyed optimists like yourself can help to perpetuate the stagnation in the millitary by hyping our decayed hardware - exactly the message the people in charge want you to spread.

It does not bother you that homeless palestinians have been able to design, build and launch Qassam I and II missiles at Israel while the Nigerian Army is still struggling with the production of mortars, not to talk of missile technology. Homeless palestinians are easily doing what a whole country cannot do, even with a well funded space agency. Patriotism, eh?

Your Naval flagship (NNS Aradu) is a mere frigate, and a 29 year old version at that, with a history of maintenance issues. Happy?

You are still Unpatriotic !!. Just stay with the negative mind set that you are in, Nigeria Dont need you.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by naliakar: 11:25pm On Dec 02, 2009
4 Play:

Wikipedia is more reliable than this thread which is a collection of images of flying coffins and other equipment spuriously attributed to be images of the Nigerian military.

My thoughts exactly. You would think that Nigerian military went to scurry the dump site of WWII debris for residual military hardware.Have they had a look at say Angolan Military just for starters before being shocked and awed by South Africa's.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Eziachi: 12:00am On Dec 03, 2009
Looking at the posted pictures, you have to questioned how enlightened is the poster? Obviously he/she meant well with the burning zeal of patriotism but not knowing how he is making Nigeria a laughing stock if he thinks that those military hardwares in the picture is something to be proud of in the year 2009.

Who on earth for instance still uses MIG aircrafts? They are so out of date that, I don't even think the Somali pirates will touch it if given to them for free. Most EUROPEAN fishermen will eject what you have posted as a war ship of African big brother.
When you really think about the Nigeria military, what readily comes to your minds? Those things in the picture or:
* Bunch of semi illiterates with Ak47
*Night Coup plotters
*Treasury looters & Rogues
* Diamond stealing ECOMOG Soldiers
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by naliakar: 12:18am On Dec 03, 2009
Eziachi:

Looking at the posted pictures, you have to questioned how enlightened is the poster? Obviously he/she meant well with the burning zeal of patriotism but not knowing how he is making Nigeria a laughing stock if he thinks that those military hardwares in the picture is something to be proud of in the year 2009.

Who on earth for instance still uses MIG aircrafts? They are so out of date that, I don't even think the Somali pirates will touch it if given to them for free. Most EUROPEAN fishermen will eject what you have posted as a war ship of African big brother.
When you really think about the Nigeria military, what readily comes to your minds? Those things in the picture or:
* Bunch of semi illiterates with Ak47
*Night Coup plotters
*Treasury looters & Rogues
* Diamond stealing ECOMOG Soldiers

You have made my day. This is the most insightful entry on this thread so far. Laughingly of-course.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 03, 2009
TO THE PATRIOTS AND REBELS, UR 2 CENTS WONT COUNT FOR ANYTHING cry
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Liedetect: 1:10am On Dec 03, 2009
Here come the African shame again; people whose attitude informs anyone with half a brain that Africa is doomed. This is because, instead of rooting for fellow Africans to progress, they are full of bitterness and jealousy. Please people, stop calling them unpatriotic they are not Nigerians; they are cowards hiding behind their keyboard. They don’t even have the guts to state which country they come from and yet they have the temerity to boast.  Dem small, small people from Crapistan and South Rubbishca with big boast.

@Horus

Just because someone post on a Nigerian board or calls himself warriboy and puts his place of origin as Lagos does not means he is Nigerian.

on  a separate note, also few people  seem to know that it has been the policy of far right organisations since the 80's to link up worldwide and wage internet based war. This typically takes the form of propaganda, sowing misinformation, and hacking, spreading racial and ethnic hatred on forums in addition to their usual tutoring of any whites interested, on how to wage or survive urban warfare, how to make simple explosives or to poison water supplies etc.

Come back on me and argue as much as you want I don’t care. I just like Nigerians to be more aware when on the internet and don’t let yourselves be manipulated easily.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Eziachi: 2:03am On Dec 03, 2009
Liedetect:

Here come the African shame again; people whose attitude informs anyone with half a brain that Africa is doomed. This is because, instead of rooting for fellow Africans to progress, they are full of bitterness and jealousy. Please people, stop calling them unpatriotic they are not Nigerians; they are cowards hiding behind their keyboard. They don’t even have the guts to state which country they come from and yet they have the temerity to boast. Dem small, small people from Crapistan and South Rubbishca with big boast.

@Horus

Just because someone post on a Nigerian board or calls himself warriboy and puts his place of origin as Lagos does not means he is Nigerian.

on a separate note, also few people seem to know that it has been the policy of far right organisations since the 80's to link up worldwide and wage internet based war. This typically takes the form of propaganda, sowing misinformation, and hacking, spreading racial and ethnic hatred on forums in addition to their usual tutoring of any whites interested, on how to wage or survive urban warfare, how to make simple explosives or to poison water supplies etc.

Come back on me and argue as much as you want I don’t care. I just like Nigerians to be more aware when on the internet and don’t let yourselves be manipulated easily.

I think you will make a very good leader of the conspiracy theorist organisation of the world. Keep it up.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Horus(m): 9:52am On Dec 03, 2009
Liedetect:

Here come the African shame again; people whose attitude informs anyone with half a brain that Africa is doomed. This is because, instead of rooting for fellow Africans to progress, they are full of bitterness and jealousy. Please people, stop calling them unpatriotic they are not Nigerians; they are cowards hiding behind their keyboard. They don’t even have the guts to state which country they come from and yet they have the temerity to boast.  Dem small, small people from Crapistan and South Rubbishca with big boast.

@Horus

on  a separate note, also few people  seem to know that it has been the policy of far right organisations since the 80's to link up worldwide and wage internet based war. This typically takes the form of propaganda, sowing misinformation, and hacking, spreading racial and ethnic hatred on forums in addition to their usual tutoring of any whites interested, on how to wage or survive urban warfare, how to make simple explosives or to poison water supplies etc.

I agree 100% with your post and we have to be very careful around the internet, many people have alternative agendas. TV companies and people in the media study Nigerian web sites to see what they can get away with within mainstream media. Many Caucasians are on Nigerian web sites in disguise just to try and control the wave of information reaching our people and are online trying to deter your understanding. There are many agendas behind what you read. Know that it is actually an understanding of positive and negative that will truly tell you what is in the best interests for Nigerians. A righteous Nigerian may disagree with aspects of the message but they would not openly try and deter others from receiving it.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Liedetect: 10:36am On Dec 03, 2009

Horus:

A righteous Nigerian may disagree with aspects of the message but they would not openly try and deter others from receiving it.

@ Horus
Thanks, this is a tidy way of encapsulating the dilemma

Eziachi :

I think you will make a very good leader of the conspiracy theorist organisation of the world. Keep it up.

Hardly a conspiracy theory to point out the obvious truth that one should not trust the identity, people one cannot see ascribe to themselves.  Moreover, the agenda of Racist organisations in relation to the internet is hardly a public secrete. Indeed, in the early days of the internet there were two major schools of thought. The first concerned the impact  that far right organisations would have on a medium of free information such as the internet represented and the second was the impact that the internet might have on “dictatorships” such as china. This was in terms of empowering dissidents against the grip on political power and information exerted by oppressive regimes.

If memory serves me, there was a BBC Panorama investigation a few years back covering this very issue of the internet and the growing links between far right organisations across America, Europe and so on.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Eziachi: 10:48am On Dec 03, 2009
Hardly a conspiracy theory to point out the obvious truth that one should not trust the identity, people one cannot see ascribe to themselves. Moreover, the agenda of Racist organisations in relation to the internet is hardly a public secrete. Indeed in the early days of the internet there were two major schools of thought. The first concerned the impact that far right organisations would have on a medium of free information which the internet represented and the second was the impact that the internet might have on “dictatorships” such as china. This was in terms of empowering dissidents against the grip on political power and information of oppressive regimes.

If memory serves me, there was a BBC Panorama investigation a few years back covering this very issue of the internet and the growing links between far right organisations across America, Europe and so on.

[quote][/quote]

What in God's name are going on about from racist to the BBC? If ever anyone is intereted in your baselss conspiracy thoery against, Nigeria, I think you are out of your mind as Nigeria don't need anyone to destroy it, they do it perfectly by themselves. Look at your president trusting his health into the hand of foreign doctors for almost two weeks now, a third world nation like Saudi Arabia for that matter.

Why would any sane person post a 1960s model MIG military plane on the internet as achievement of your military and you are here yanning out some conspiracy theory. Patriotism doesn't mean foolishness my friend.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Liedetect: 11:00am On Dec 03, 2009

Eziachi :

Why would any sane person post a 1960s model MIG military plane on the internet as achievement of your military and you are here yanning out some conspiracy theory. Patriotism doesn't mean foolishness my friend.

When it comes to foolishness you may want to reconsider your hang-ups about 'MIG pictures'. Arms manufactures are out there and are  keen to sell all but the most vital equipments to forign governments ,subject to certain sanctions imposed upon them by their own government and which, in any case, can be gotten around in the black market . The key is training and expertise and not so much the hardware you have (or even Publicly Show ). Nigeria can always buy equipments as and when she requires them.

Anyway, enough of falling for the diversionary tactics more pictures please----
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by imensah59: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2009
where were they when the nigerian's national oil tanker was hijacked on lagos's coast only to be saved by the Ghanaian navy when the hijacked ship got into Ghanaina waters? Whats the use of the Navy airforce and army when they cannot protect and defend. As the Ghanaian Defense minister said. Quality, not Qauntity
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Liedetect: 11:10am On Dec 03, 2009

imensah59

where were they when the nigerian's national oil tanker was  hijacked on lagos's coast only to be saved by the Ghanaian navy when the hijacked ship got into Ghanaina waters? Whats the use of the Navy airforce and army when they cannot protect and defend. As the Ghanaian Defense minister said. Quality, not Qauntity

Thank you

You see, people don’t know that we have Ghana to protect us so we don’t even need to waste money on buying unnecessary equipment at this stage---- wink wink
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2009
imensah59:

where were they when the nigerian's national oil tanker was hijacked on lagos's coast only to be saved by the Ghanaian navy when the hijacked ship got into Ghanaina waters? Whats the use of the Navy airforce and army when they cannot protect and defend. As the Ghanaian Defense minister said. Quality, not Qauntity

pls help me ask them, where was ur magnificent war canoe, nns aradu? sycophancy of the highest, mediocre nation.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by sandee575(f): 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2009
If some enemy carpet- bombs Nigeria, we wont even know their identity talk less of retaliatiating.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by texazzpete(m): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2009
Liedetect:

When it comes to foolishness you may want to reconsider your hang-ups about 'MIG pictures'. Arms manufactures are out there and are  keen to sell all but the most vital equipments to forign governments ,subject to certain sanctions imposed upon them by their own government and which, in any case, can be gotten around in the black market . The key is training and expertise and not so much the hardware you have (or even Publicly Show ). Nigeria can always buy equipments as and when she requires them.

I agree 100%!! After all, we've seen that Nigerian can always generate electricity when the Population requires it.

/sarcasm

The same people identifying the gaps we have are the ones you misguided asslickers are calling unpatriotic. Incredible!

Liedetect:

The key is training and expertise and not so much the hardware you have (or even Publicly Show ).

No matter how much you train in your rickets MIG-21s, they'll still get smoked easily by any modern fighter. Abi rigorous training go make NNS Aradu change from being a mere frigate and make it a compelling foe for any modern sub or destroyer abi?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Eziachi: 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2009
Liedetect:

Anyway, enough of falling for the diversionary tactics more pictures please----

I don't know whether to laugh at your or cry for you. With your sense of reasoning, who needs? I don't want to say it.
You are posting most outdated military weapons on the internet as pride of Nigeria military and when it's pointed out to you, you making noise about patriotism?

So you will happily go to a shop today and buy your child a computer based on outdated window system? Say windows '95 for example and is even 14 years old, compared to MIG planes that are more than 35 years out of date in the weaponry world.

That is exactly what the Nigeria military are doing, parading weapons not even use during the Vietnam war. I feel sorry for any idiot that will fly in those flying coffins for any battle. No wonder they couldn't handle the militant in the Delta, because those boys must have had a better weapon than them. No wonder their masters in Abuja resorted to amnesty in the end.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Pharoh: 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2009
Liedetect:

Thank you

You see, people don’t know that we have Ghana to protect us so we don’t even need to waste money on buying unnecessary equipment at this stage---- wink wink

Did you miss the ship and its Nigerian crew that was captured by Somali pirates recently this year? What did the Nigerian navy? nothing.

sandee575:

If some enemy carpet- bombs Nigeria, we wont even know their identity talk less of retaliatiating.

You are even going too far self grin, militants sailed all the way from niger-delta to bomb atlas cove under the watchful eyes of that useless navy.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Liedetect: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2009

Eziachi :

I don't know whether to laugh at your or cry for you. With your sense of reasoning, who needs? I don't want to say it.

I know what you mean. You're like a sort of ignorant arrogant native laughing uproariously at the ridiculous man who tells him about the consept of aeroplanes.

Eziachi :

You are posting most outdated military weapons on the internet as pride of Nigeria military and when it's pointed out to you, you making noise about patriotism?

So you will happily go to a shop today and buy your child a computer based on outdated window system? Say windows '95 for example and is even 14 years old, compared to MIG planes that are more than 35 years out of date in the weaponry world.

That is exactly what the Nigeria military are doing, parading weapons not even use during the Vietnam war. I feel sorry for any idiot that will fly in those flying coffins for any battle. No wonder they couldn't handle the militant in the Delta, because those boys must have had a better weapon than them. No wonder their masters in Abuja resorted to amnesty in the end.

Actually, the weapons posted if anything are too sophisticated for the purpose for which they were bought, which is warfare in the African theatre. The corruption that exists in arms procurement is another argument. In fact, I don’t believe I’m stretching credibility to any great extent by suggesting that most black African armies would struggle against a European first world war force. In most black African wars, Nigeria need only employ well-trained men, logistics, rifles and sam-pipes.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Liedetect: 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2009

texazzpete (m):

I agree 100%!! After all, we've seen that Nigerian can always generate electricity when the Population requires it.

/sarcasm

Poor sarcasm, desperately unconvincing rejoinder

texazzpete (m):

The same people identifying the gaps we have are the ones you misguided asslickers are calling unpatriotic. Incredible!

Unpatriotic, yes, because the criticisms are not for the betterment of Nigeria its a big fat lie to suggest that it is.

From experience, most of us now know that even if Nigeria had been able to purchase the most up-to-date American made weapons, the criticism would be, 'why did Nigeria spend money that could have been better spent on social programs on over the top weapons total pointless in the context of Africa'.

texazzpete (m):

MIG-21s, they'll still get smoked easily by any modern fighter. Abi rigorous training go make NNS Aradu change from being a mere frigate and make it a compelling foe for any modern sub or destroyer abi?

Flight training, actual or virtual, exists all over Europe and America.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Horus(m): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
@ Horus
Thanks, this is a tidy way of encapsulating the dilemma

Ok
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo2: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2009
FRISKING A SOMALI IN 1993

m1-24v helicopter gunship

DELIVERED in Q3, 2009
TWO BRAND NEW ATR-42MP SURVEYOR RADAR PLANES

JTF soldier mans his gun on a Malaysian-built gunboat in the creeks of the Niger Delta.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Liedetect: 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2009
FRISKING A SOMALI IN 1993 grin

Good one padd_ylo, but mise the pictures so that there will be enough to post next time some unpatriotic buffoon comes to post fart!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo2: 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2009
now for all u hatas HAAAAAAAAAAA, u guys CAN just step OFF,

this thread aint about u,it aint about your stupid comlaints or your never ending bitching
becomerich it aint about your stupid maps,or a place to come display your poor english speaking skills

the dumb ones that dont know if they are aligned with nigeria or the queen of england,to which i say,eff the queen
am a Nigerian for life,so fk u,fk the queen and fk the U.K while u are at it
and stay there too,dont ever come back home,to u it aint about your bitchass too

to the dumb bitch that keeps abusing our troops,i say eat a di*ck bitch,yea you know yourself
u idiots wanna get retarded,i'll get retarded on your dumbasses
Ill get ignorant on u,u dont like nigerians,then get off a nigerian website,u dont like nigerian troops,then get off a thread about nigerian troops
fckers. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / 2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.