Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures (305531 Views)

Nigerian Military In Action At Buhari's Inauguration (photos) / Nigerian MOPOL Fighting Alongside The Military In North East(picture) / Boko Haram Set To Engage Military In Gwoza, Asks Women, Children To Leave Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 3:09am On Dec 05, 2009
EUROCOPTER AS 550 FENNEC, TWELVE coming to the Nigerian Navy Air Arm. The NN will also get FOUR patrol craft and THIRTY gunboats.

AGUSTA A109 POWER- TWELVE MORE COMING TO THE NIGERIAN AIR FORCE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
VANGUARD
Written by Kingsley Omonobi, Abuja
Thursday, 23 April 2009

OSHOGBO—President Umaru Musa Yar’adua said yesterday that the challenges and variables that characterize today’s world, necessitate periodic evaluation of the ways organizations and institutions conduct business for the optimal attainment of set goals and objectives.
Speaking at the opening of the 3-day Nigerian Air Force annual conference in ‘Ada’ Osun state with the theme, Rebuilding the Nigeria Air Force for operational Efficiency, the President challenged all NAF officers and men to keep up the tradition of always being in the forefront of military professionalism.

Yar’Adua, who was represented by Minister of State for Defence, Chief Demola Seriki, noted that the imperative for such regular structural and institutional re-appraisal is further necessitated by the reality of heightened global insecurity as a result of the global economic downturn and ever present threat of international terrorism.

According to him, “in the circumstance, you have an obligation to constantly think out of the box if you are to effectively reposition the Nigerian Air Force for optimal efficiency in fulfilling its assigned roles," noting that it is his belief that deliberations at the conference would culminate in a "definitive roadmap that will enable the service re-invent and transform itself to meaningfully contribute to realization of our national development as captured in vision 20-2020”.

The President further noted that the Nigerian Air Force is a service that has been a constant source of pride to all Nigerians in view of the tradition of professional excellence that has been the hallmark of all their operations.

Earlier in his remarks, the Chief of air staff, Air Marshal Oluseyi Petirin, disclosed that since inception 45 years ago, the NAF has had its ups and down pointing out that the service came close to complete collapse during the 1990’s as part of the collateral damage of the military’s adventure into politics. Subsequently, he lamented that most of NAF platforms were grounded, training of pilots and other personnel suffered huge setbacks and many of their maintenance facilities became dilapidated.

The Air Chief noted that these adverse consequence led to the downgrading of the Airforce capacity for rapid intervention in the defence of the nation by air and in support of other security initiatives of government.

While noting however that the return to democracy in 1999 opened a new vista for them to commence the re-building of the service, Air Marshal Petirin said that given the ever changing geo-strategic environment within which they operate, it is not out of place for them to periodically appraise their service in other to match their capability and readiness with the prevailing threats and contingencies required to meet the ground strategy of national security.

According to him, “It is in realization of this need and in consonance with the desire of government to transform the armed forces into a more responsive fighting force that we have chosen to use the 45 anniversary to rub minds and chart the way forward”.

Disclosing that N10billion was released to fund the ongoing rehabilitation work on the various aircraft fleet, the Air Chief said an additional special grant of $185million was also approved for the acquisition of 2 x ATR 42 Maritime Patrol Aircraft and a Squadron of Agusta 109 light Utility/Attack helicopters to enhance their capability in the maritime environment.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 3:13am On Dec 05, 2009
DARFUR THEATHRE

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Beaf: 3:16am On Dec 05, 2009
paddy_lo:

keep riding my di*ck and posting on my thread,i see u love attention. . .if the south africans have the planes good for them,we in nigeria have to do what is best for us
the bottom line is,those planes u post cannot be used offensively against the russian or chinese fighters in their airspace
i assume they are for south african defensive needs,and our planes are for ours
u are like the dude with a little di*ck that likes to drive a big car or hummer for show

i have to ask u,with all the american firepower
how come they pulled out of somalia,vietnam,didnt win in korea,cant win in afghanistan
while they are at it,they cant invade or take any chinese or russian territory
so what good did the f-15 or f-16 do them then?

nigerias buy is a defensive buy,it suits us well if u are unhappy,like i said pony up $200million dollars and buy an f-16 for the military
hopefully the u.s congress wont block it like they did to pakistan in 1986
and by the way the f-16 first flight was in 1978 i guess the f-16 is not modern too, cause u are being disingenious if u claim the f7n1 is a 1962 plane

and for all u hatas coming on here to ride my di*ck,or seek attention,why not go start a thread and bow down to the u.s,israeli or south african army
stop derailing this thread, bunch of losers

[size=21pt]. . .You keep imagining males riding your tiny di.ck. Listen, homo [/b]will get you in jail in Nigeria!
If you don't know something, the correct thing to do is shut up and learn.
Comparing a 1962 plane with an F16 is the work of a fool.
[/size]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

[b]The Chengdu J-7 is a Chinese single-seater fighter aircraft based on the Soviet Mig-21. The Chengdu J-7 first flew in 1966 and entered service in 1967
http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/cgi-bin/res.pl?keyword=Chengdu+J-7&offset=0

In the 1950s and early 1960s, the Soviet Union shared most of its conventional weapons technology with the People's Republic of China. One of these was the limited cooperation between the two countries in the early stage development of the famous MiG-21 short-range interceptor-fighter aircraft. Powered by a single engine and designed on a simple airframe, these fighters were inexpensive but fast, suiting the strategy of forming large groups of 'people's fighters' to overcome the technological advantages of Western aircraft. However, the Sino-Soviet split ended Chinese early participation in the developmental program of the MiG-21 abruptly, and from July 28 to September 1, 1960, the Soviet Union withdrew its advisers from China, resulting in the project being forced to stop in China.
A J-7I seen from above. Note the Delta wing and distinctive PLAAF markings.

However, Nikita Khrushchev suddenly wrote to Mao Zedong in February, 1962 to inform Mao that the Soviet Union was ready to transfer MiG-21 technology to China and asked the Chinese to send their representatives to the Soviet Union as soon as possible to discuss the details. The Chinese viewed this as a Soviet gesture to make peace, and were obviously suspicious, but they were extremely quick to take up on the Soviet offer for the aircraft deal. A delegation headed by Colonel General Liu Yalou (刘亚楼), the commander-in-chief of the PLAAF and a Soviet military academy graduate was dispatched to Moscow immediately and the Chinese delegation was even allowed to have three days to visit the production facility of the MiG-21, which was previously off limit to foreigners. The authorization was personally given by Nikita Khrushchev himself, and on March 30, [size=14pt]1962[/size],

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-7_Skybolt

[size=27pt]You're just a daft, ignorant and wretched fool seeking relevance by posting bullshit.[/size]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 3:19am On Dec 05, 2009
NIGERIA'S AMPHIBIOUS ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIERS/INFANTRY FIGHTING VEHICLES
THE ULTRAMODERN BTR-3 APC (47 UNITS)

BTR-70 APC (18 UNITS)

MT-LB IFV/APC (67 UNITS)
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Onlytruth(m): 3:22am On Dec 05, 2009
I feel insulted anytime I see Nigerian troops brandishing AK 47s Does anyone realize how old that weapon is?
Even Biafra designed her own rifle from scratch.
South African military carry a South African rifle designed and deployed to service in 1982 called R-4 see pic.

And I also notice that the waist line of Nigerian soldiers have not reduced one bit! Someone rightly classified Nigerian military as a scare crow.

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 3:34am On Dec 05, 2009
@
BEAF

Listen i compare u to a dickrider cause thats what u are,old man i dont want to talk to u,stop spamming this thread,
the first time i came back to nairaland u started some ridiculous arguement with me about GDP,
u seem to want to follow me around threads and not the other way around,i could care less about what u post
where am at thats the way a bit*ch acts thats why i call u one
its friday night go get laid or something,and yes get off my di*ck,its my space my thread u are the one that keeps coming back

if u want to compare a first generation mig built in 1962 to a 10th or 12th generation chinese fighter built in 2006,well its a free world
i really dont care,

just try to forget about me for a minute,there are a million nairalanders,go play your attention seeking games with them instead

sigh,i wonder what happened to all the real gees i left behind in lagos,grown ass men are now trolling online for fun. . .sad
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 3:42am On Dec 05, 2009
Nigerian Artillery
M46 130mm TOWED ARTILLERY

PANHARD M11 VBL (NA OWN A TOTAL OF 72 UNITS)

STEYR 4K-7FA ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER (NA OWN A TOTAL OF 300 UNITS)
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 3:49am On Dec 05, 2009
Major refit coming for military - Mustafa
Monday, June 01, 2009

Minister of Defence, Dr Shettima Mustafa Monday announced the commencement of a major refit of the Nigerian military, saying that in the next 50 days, the three services – Army, Navy and the Air Force would receive new platforms, kits and equipment.

The Minister also said the restructuring in the Ministry of Defence has taken off, restating that “the restructuring is designed to enable the Armed Forces operate as a modern military, which was the reason behind the elimination of all bureaucratic bottlenecks, to be able to achieve their targets on time.”

On April 12, 2009, the Navy commissioned two 38-metre Mantra Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs) - NNS ZARIA and NNS BURUTU and two new Augusta helicopters procured from Alenia, Italy.The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is already preparing to receive into its inventory 12 Chinese multi-role combat F-7NI and three FT-7NI trainer aircraft.

The F-7NIs are a replacement for the Soviet era built MiG (Mikoyan-Gurevich)-21s procured into the inventory of the Nigerian Air Force in the 80s.

Dr Mustafa said during the commissioning of the first Nigerian Navy Post Service Housing Estate in Karshi, Nasarawa State that the major refit would be the first the services have witnessed in the last 15 years.

According to Dr Mustafa, “the year 2009 is the year of the Armed Forces. Be a little patient. Fifty days from now, new platforms, kitting and equipment to improve the capability of the Armed Forces will come into the inventory. And the new platform we are expecting for the Armed Forces has never been received in the last 15 years. A lot is being done. The defence is a quiet sector. They don’t talk about themselves. But it is a good thing we have to talk about.”

Represented by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence, Alhaji Bukar Goni Aji, the Minister noted that the morale of the military is not such to be tinkered with, “this package (of platform and equipment) is going to be such that have not been seen in the last 15 years in this country.”

He thanked the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Paul Dike and the three service Chiefs for their stewardship in piloting the military. The Minister added that “they are selfless individuals. They have put their services above themselves.”

Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ishaya Ibrahim, who initiated the housing project eight months ago, said the importance of welfare in an organization particularly in the military led the Nigerian Navy to optimize its operational efficiency through functional welfare.

Vice Admiral Ibrahim stated that currently, many Navy personnel have had a sense of insecurity if they are due for retirement as they don’t have retirement homes,

He noted that “depriving from the recognition of the negative impact of this serious problem on moral, it became imperative to critically address the critical need of houses for our personnel upon retirement hence this initiative.”

The Naval Chief said the scheme would be extended to other parts of the country beginning with Port Harcourt and Calabar,

Governor of Nasarawa State, Alhaji Aliyu Akwe Doma, represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Timothy Anyinde, while commissioning the estate said allocation of 100-hectare parcel of land for the scheme was in line with the resolve of the State government to encourage government agencies and private sector to provide mass housing for the teeming populace of the State and Abuja.

Managing Director of the Nigerian Navy Post Service Housing Scheme, Commodore Itunu Hotonu noted that the estate, which consists of two, three and four bedrooms prototypes, “is fully enhanced with the provision for a nine-hole golf course, primary and secondary schools.”

The estate, which would have commercial area, business suites and places of worship, would be available to naval personnel, civil servants and civilians.

Altogether, 700 families will be provided houses under the scheme in Abuja.

The commissioning of the estate is part of activities scheduled for this year’s celebration of the Navy anniversary, which holds June 1 of every year.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Nobody: 4:54am On Dec 05, 2009
Hmmm, Good to see Nigeria have some great equipment just in case. . . lipsrsealed wink
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by manny4life(m): 4:57am On Dec 05, 2009
HQ:

Hmmm, Good to see Nigeria have some [b]great [/b]equipment just in case. . . lipsrsealed wink

Did you just use the word "great"? You really must be kidding ain't you. Yeah for the sake of it, yes they have the equipment but I will tell you man it's not that great compared to its competition.

Is Air force One a B737? I know that's a Boeing airplane but I could be wrong.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by texazzpete(m): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2009
paddy_lo:

sigh, the f7-N1 is superior than the migs,the migs is an older technology,its easy google it and see,they are pretty much the same planes anyway,since the chinese built their version off the migs,but this version is more advanced with avionics and maneuverability,
now if u read my post,i never said sukhov(SU),the sukhov are russias newest fighters so they should be more powerful than both the migs and the f7n1

With every post you expose your phenomenal ignorance. MiG is a family of aircraft, not just one model. So when you say 'the migs is an older technology' i wonder if you have any idea how daft you sound? How can you seriously compare the F-7 which is a MiG-21 clone with the advanced MiG-29 and 31 used by the Russians and most of the east bloc countries? Are you aware that the MiG 21 was actually created in the sixties? All the chinese have done with the base model is to improve the weapons system and the avionics to bring it in line with modern standards. However these upgrades do nothing to change the fact that the F 7 is a second generation fighter easily outmatched by any modern 4th generation fighter.

Question for you; if the F-7 is so great, why have the Chinese bothered to develop 2 generations of air interceptors after it?

paddy_lo:

well the f-16 has never come into combat with one of these so lets keep the conjecture to a minimum,however,if u are defending your airspace like the chinese,these planes can do the job,otherwise they wont form the backbone of chinese air defense against both the u.s and russia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Operation Peace for Galilee (1982)

The following year, during Operation Peace for Galilee (Lebanon War) Israeli F-16s [/b]engaged Syrian aircraft in one of the largest air battles involving jet aircraft, which began on 9 June and continued for two more days. [b]At the end of the conflict, the Israeli Air Force credited their F-16s with 44 air-to-air kills, mostly of MiG-21s and MiG-23s, while suffering no air-to-air losses of their own.

paddy_lo:

u do know the u.s is moving away from f-16s,and unto f-22 and joint strike fighter raptor

The F-22 and the 'raptor' refer to the same plane, dumbass. And the replacement for the F-16 is the F-35 Lightning II, not the raptor.

paddy_lo:

the f-16 is not a new plane,it was first introduced in the 1980s

lol. The F-7 is based heavily on a plane introduced 50 years ago. I'm sure you must see the irony in your statement.

paddy_lo:

.lol,but relax,all it has undergone over the years is upgrades to its computers and so on
its in the same generation as the migs,and they have not really come into direct combat,so u cant say which is superior

The F-16 is NOT in the same generation with the MiG-21. I've warned you against using the generic word 'migs', as the MiG family incorporates first to 4th generation planes. The Mig-17 is not the same as the MiG-31. Stop illustrating your ignorance. The MiG contemporary for the F-16 is the MiG-29, which is a vastly superior plane to the MiG-21 and by extension the F-7 we've purchased.

The upgrades from 2nd to fifth generation planes is not merely 'an upgrade to its computers'. In fact, that assertion ranks as one of the dumbest you've made today.

paddy_lo:

finally if u dont like my thread,why do u keeep getting pulled back to post on here?
am sure u know i dont post on all the threads on nairaland,esp the ones i claim i dont like. . .

So what part of 'Public discussion forum' do you not understand?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by texazzpete(m): 8:37am On Dec 05, 2009
paddy_lo:

if u want to compare a first generation mig built in 1962 to a 10th or 12th generation chinese fighter built in 2006,well its a free world
i really dont care,

lol, the F-7 was not built in 2006. You're doing a good job of showing the world how ignorant you are.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Beaf: 11:31am On Dec 05, 2009
[Quote author=paddy_lo]
i really dont care,
[/quote]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Damn!
Its funny how some people stubbornly blab on when they don't know what they are talking about. There is nothing like a "10th or 12th generation" jet. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed The F22 Raptor is the most advanced fighter plane in service today and it is classed as 5th generation. Both China and Russia are actively engaged in developing their own 5th generation jets.

[size=14pt]Nigeria deserves better than the old crappy relics we are getting.[/size]

. . .Anyway, here's a 5th generation Chinese plane (still in development), the J-12. Feast your eyes. . .

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Roforofo(m): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2009
Excellent pictures. We need a strong military especially in our dangerous continent and sub-region. I hope one day our Government will make EDUCATION, HEALTH, ENERGY and INTERNAL SECURITY the priorities they ought to be. When they do this, then like the military personnel proudly displaying in the pictures, other Nigerian citizens will start to give a damn about our country rather than the "all man for himself, God for us all" attitude that is endemic in Nigerian society.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Carlosein(m): 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2009
i think you guys should just lay off the poster.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2009
Carlosein:

i think you guys should just lay off the poster.
i agree.
why cant we just see what our military looks like without all the bull being directed at the poster? what is he doing wrong?
when someone just wants to show us pics, they will start complaining.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by mantote: 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2009
this post makes me proud.proudly nigerian
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Carlosein(m): 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

i agree.
why cant we just see what our military looks like without all the bull being directed at the poster? what is he doing wrong?

na wa o!

mantote:

this post makes me proud.proudly nigerian

i'm sure you mean without the distractions.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2009
Nigerian to head Darfur UN mission

Mr Gambari, seen here with Aung San Suu Kyi, is a senior UN envoy
Nigerian diplomat Ibrahim Gambari is to become the head of the
UN-African Union peacekeeping force in the conflict-hit Darfur region, the UN has announced
Mr Gambari is a former Nigerian foreign minister who is currently serving as UN special envoy to Burma.
He will take up his post on 1 January 2010, a spokeswoman for UN chief Ban Ki-moon said.
Mr Gambari replaces Congolese diplomat Rodolphe Adada, who stepped down earlier this year.
Levels of violence have fallen in the region in recent months.
Violence flared in Darfur in 2003 when black African rebel groups took up arms against the Sudanese government in Khartoum, complaining of discrimination and neglect.
Pro-government Arab militias then started a campaign of violence, targeting the black African population.
The UN says some 300,000 people have been killed in the six-year conflict. Khartoum says about 10,000 have died.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2009
i agree.
@amaka

thats nairaland for u. . .its only on here that i see grown men get jealous and,
catch feelings like 3yr olds in kindergatten
i made my picture thread as a thread to honor our military,and also give any current news relating to our boys in action all over the world
all these ppl coming here to raise one issue or the other didnt see it fit to start their own thread and go die of envy and jealousy there
they dont like the nigerian military,but they must post on a thread about it
they dont like me,but they must reply to anything i post
its all good i will keep the pictures and news coming. . . .
besides half these cats that have such big mouth online will turn to jelly
and pee in their pants if u hand them a gun and push them into battle with a nigerian soldier
and of course,the rest of them would do the same if they saw me in real life with my boys in lagos
so i join no issues with no-one anymore on here,hope u cats respect yourselves and move on

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2009
THE NIGERIAN NAVY OPERATE BRITISH-MADE WATERCRAFT P-2000 COASTAL PATROL CRAFT. THEY LOOK LIKE THIS,

The NN own TWO UNITS of LERICI-CLASS MCMVs - NNS Ohue and NNS Barama. Made from highly-resistant GRP, they were built by Intermarine of Italy. Intermarine also built 14 coastal patrol craft for the Nigerian Navy

INTERMARINE COASTAL PATROL CRAFT(FOURTEEN UNITS)

US SWIFTSHIPS 65-ft PATROL COASTAL PATROL CRAFT(FOUR UNITS)

NIGERIAN NAVAL DOCKYARD, LAGOS- a Nigerian Navy warship is undergoing refit.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2009
Early in May 2008, "The Guardian" newspapers carried a report in the wake of a 3-nation foreign visit by the outgone CNS, Vice Admiral Adekeye who went on inspection of platforms being constructed for the Navy. EXCERPTS,

Adekeye: Putting The Navy On Sail Again

In a matter of days, the Nigerian Navy would take delivery of new ships, patrol boats, helicopters and other weapon systems. And this has ignited optimism among the personnel. MADU ONUORAH writes on the impact of the procurement and the effects it is having on the Navy.

ANY visitor listening to Nigerian Navy personnel discuss the scheduled arrival of new ships, patrol boats, helicopters and other weapon systems in the next few weeks, would easily notice merry feeling they have about it. This is because this is the first time in decades that such array of platforms is being received at once by the Nigerian Navy.

The enthusiasm was heightened penultimate recently when the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ganiyu Adekeye led some Naval top brass on a 10-day trip to Singapore, Malaysia and Australia for final inspection of the platforms before they are shipped.

The platforms include

38-metre Fast Patrol Boats

17-metre MANTA MKII ASD vessels from Malaysia and Australia.

Another batch of 25-metre Fast Patrol Craft SHALDAG-MK II from Israel

and additional Agusta helicopters.

The first batch of Agusta helicopters will arrive in Nigeria before June this year, from Italy . It is also expecting various arms and ammunitions from the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON), Ukraine and Singapore" END OF QUOTE.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2009
THE SHALDAG MK.II
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2009
NNS ARADU,NIGERIAS FLAGSHIP SHINES AT THE TRAFALGAR 2OO CELEBRATIONS IN THE UK

The classical fleet review in Portsmouth has focussed the eyes of the world this year at the Britain and the bicentenary of The Battle of Trafalgar.

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard does play a significant role in the celebrations as keepers of Nelson's flagship HMS Victory, and the home of the Royal Naval Museum where the most significant collection of permanent exhibitions in the UK devoted to the Battle of Trafalgar and Lord Nelson can be found.

Portsmouth is also home to Mary Rose, HMS Warrior 1860, Action Stations - the Royal Navy interactive showcase, boat tours of Portsmouth Harbour plus a selection of shops, cafes, restaurants and an art gallery, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard is the day out for all the family and with a full calendar of events for would be tourists.
NNS ARADU

Many things are known about the country Nigeria, but few good things are rarely ever recorded like this one
The Nigerian Navy with its Flag Ship shown above which belongs to the MEKO 360 class,
a multi pourpose frigate with capabilities for the Anti-Air Warfare, Anti-Surface and Anti-Submarine warfare effectively participated in this years event of Trafalga 200. The Ship also pocesses capability for Naval Fire Support, and Electronic Warfare. Aditionally, she carries a ship -borne helicopter, for Anti-Submarine Warfare role, Serch and Rescue (SAR), and enhanced surveillance/detection.

The Women were Also Present onboard

What was also very unique at this years ceremony in Portsmouth was that unlike most other participating ships,, Nigerian women were given a chance and the opportunity to actively participate in the event. Later in the day, visitors from all over the world rated the Nigerian Ship, the most entertaining ship in the Fleet.

There were music, there was food, Including the Nigerian traditional foods, which attracted a lot of attention. Thanks to the women.

African navies that participated and their ship
Algeria - El Kirch (353)
Nigeria - NNS Aradu (F89)
Morocco - RMN Mohammed V (611)
South Africa - SAS Drakensburg (A301)

OF all navies participating in the event only the Nigerians had an all black,all african crew,  . .something to be proud of.

In total 167 naval, merchant and tall ships took part in the battle re-enactment, with the tall ship Grand Turk taking centre stage as Nelson's flagship Victory.

nigerian crew

The day drew many Royals to the Solent, including Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.

A spectacular mock Battle of Trafalgar was held between a blue and a red team, rather than Britain versus France.

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Horus(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2009
Nigeria need to develop also his own short and long-range missile (Made in Nigeria).
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2009
MandingoII:

Beaf

A di.ckrider is a STAN.

A Stan is a Fan.

A Fan is a FANATIC.

When paddylo called you a di.ckrider he called you a FANATIC.

It's American HIP-HOP lingo. It's a diss.

STAN - Fan - di.ckrider = samething

Old folks like you don't know sh.it about that. grin

OMG!!! you again.
why are you always involving yourself in Nigerian affairs?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by MandingoII(m): 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2009

BWAHHHHHAAAA
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by MandingoII(m): 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2009
OMG!!! you again.
why are you always involving yourself in Nigerian affairs?

Because I have a di.ckrider like you following me around. cool
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:13pm On Dec 05, 2009
MandingoII:

Because I have a di.ckrider like you following me around. cool
actually, NO.
ive been on this thread since the first or second page.
so im subscribed to this topic.
so dont get too full of yourself, im not following you around.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Beaf: 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2009
[size=14pt]@MandingoII

Were you actually born mentally impaired or is your abysmal stupidity all pretence?[/size]

It's American HIP-HOP lingo.  It's a diss.

Keep your American ghetto lingo to your wretched self. Only lowlife scum are proud of such slangs.
You must be a fool; [size=14pt]I am Nigerian, proud of it[/size] and will never be American (even at gunpoint).

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply)

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / 2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.