Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? (20913 Views)

Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) / Sky Bank Frozen Withdrawal Like MMM / Ponzi Schemes Like Mmm Make Use Of Dark Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by moscobabs(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
because they are lazy and greeting and they loose focus plus insight

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Moreoffaith(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
IF SAY BEFORE DEM FOR DON CUT YOUR HEAD WITH THIS KIND THREAD WEY U OPEN..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by tammie24: 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
Everybody wan make front page sha

The hustle is real

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by lordizak(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
Truth is, seeing is believing.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by peter0071(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
this is where you are wrong. you and your friends can come together and do a business project together... for example Agricultural investment....
kilokeys:

Inasmuch as i am not a proponent for MMM... i can categorically classify you as myopic and very ignorant.

are stocks and real estates promising 30 percent ROI in a month?

talk better thing Mr
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Estimable(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:
I still find it difficult to understand, why many of Nigerians, even some friends and family can be so greedy.
Your uncle you went to last month to invest in your business and said he doesnt have such money is the same one you heard invested paid 4 million to MMM.

Why cant we be as realistic as possible, and stop running after all these quick money schemes.
The man that paid 4million to MMM could have gone into Real Estates or even buy stocks.

Just dont understand. Is this wickedness or greediness.

Ure entitled to ur opinion, Pakia one side

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by rejoice4eva(m): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
We are very selfish and naturally wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by win3k: 4:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:
I still find it difficult to understand, why many of Nigerians, even some friends and family can be so greedy.
Your uncle you went to last month to invest in your business and said he doesnt have such money is the same one you heard invested paid 4 million to MMM.
Why cant we be as realistic as possible, and stop running after all these quick money schemes.
The man that paid 4million to MMM could have gone into Real Estates or even buy stocks.

It means you are not a smart person, otherwise you should understand Nigerian follow follow mentality.

Nigerians all go to church or mosque. Almost nothing in the middle
Nigerians like buying the same cars because someone passed rumour around that a particular car is the best
Nigerians eat almost the same foods despite the thousands of variety all over the world
Nigerians educate themselves with a small list of degrees like sociology, mass comm and biochemistry
Almost all Nigerians believe in juju, flying witches and charms!
Nigerians constantly allow mediocre and illiterates into leadership positions based on silly things like tribe and religion

So if mmm or drink cow piss and get rich scheme comes along they will simply follow and ask questions later!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by shakes101(m): 4:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
men..... mmm is dieing gradually ooooh
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Aburi001: 4:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
kilokeys:

Inasmuch as i am not a proponent for MMM... i can categorically classify you as myopic and very ignorant.

talk better thing Mr
Greed and laziness make Nigerians to embrace MMM, NNN, Ultimate cycle etc..... Period!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:

The same people lost their monies in stock market.

Aha! I remember has the fg paid those who lost their monies in the following banks:
1 Abacus Merchant Bank Ltd Jan. 16, 1998
2 ABC Merchant Bank Ltd Jan. 16, 1998
3 African Express Bank Ltd Jan. 16, 2006
4 Allied Bank of Nigeria Plc Jan. 16, 1998
5 Allstates Trust Bank Plc Jan. 16, 1998
6 Alpha Merchant Bank Plc Sept. 08, 1994
7 Amicable Bank of Nigeria Plc. Jan. 16, 1998
8 Assurance Bank of Nigeria Plc Jan. 16, 2006
9 Century Merchant Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
10 City Express Bank Plc Jan. 16, 2006
11 Commerce Bank Plc Jan. 16, 1998
12 Commercial Trust Bank Ltd Jan. 16, 1998
13 Continental Merchant Bank Plc Jan. 16, 1998
14 Coop. & Commerce Bank Plc Jan. 16, 1998
15 Credite Bank Nig. Ltd Jan. 16, 1998
16 Crown Merchant Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
17 Financial Merchant Bank Ltd. Jan. 21, 1994
18 Great Merchant Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
19 Group Merchant Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
20 Gulf Bank Ltd Jan. 16, 2006
21 Hallmark Bank Plc Jan. 16, 2006
22 Highland Bank of Nig Plc Jan. 16, 1998
23 ICON Ltd. (Merchant Bankers) Jan. 16, 1998
24 Ivory Merchant Bank Ltd. Dec. 22, 2000
25 Kapital Merchant Bank Ltd. Jan. 21, 1994
26 Lead Bank Plc Jan. 16, 2006
27 Lobi Bank of Nig. Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
28 Mercantile Bank of Nig. Plc. Jan. 16, 1998
29 Merchant Bank of Africa Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
30 Metropolitan Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 2006
31 Nigeria Merchant Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
32 North-South Bank Nig. Plc. Jan. 16, 1998
33 Pan African Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
34 Pinacle Commercial Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
35 Premier Commercial Bank Ltd Dec. 22, 2000
36 Prime Merchant Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
37 Progress Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
38 Republic Bank Ltd June 29, 1995
39 Rims Merchant Bank Ltd. Dec. 22, 2000
40 Royal Merchant Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
41 Trade Bank Plc Jan. 16, 2006
42 United Commercial Bank Ltd. Sept. 8, 1994
43 Victory Merchant Bank Ltd. Jan. 16, 1998
44 Eagle Bank Plc. Jan. 16, 2006
45 Liberty Bank Plc. Jan. 16, 2006

The above list of closed financial institutions does not contain the names of these banks whose licences were revoked by the Central Bank of Nigeria but the Federal High Court is yet to issue winding up orders and appoint the Corporation as Liquidator for the banks. Due to court actions instituted by some of the closed banks’ shareholders challenging the revocation of their banks’ licences, the Corporation was unable to conclude the closing exercise and initiate the payment of deposits to depositors of the banks.

To view the record of Court Proceedings for such closed banks, go to Litigation under Legal Matters/Regulations

A1. Savannah Bank of Nigeria Plc, licence revoked Feb. 16, 2002, click sbn-court-proceedings
A2. Peak Merchant Bank Limited, licence revoked Feb. 28, 2003,click pmb-court-proceedings
B1. Eagle Bank Plc, licence revoked Jan. 16, 2006, (NDIC appointed Provisional Liquidator) click eb-court-proceedings
B2. Fortune Bank Plc, licence revoked Jan. 16, 2006, (NDIC appointed Provisional Liquidator) click fb-court-proceedings
B3. Liberty Bank Plc, licence revoked Jan. 16, 2006, click lb-court-proceedings
B4. Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria Plc, licence revoked Jan. 16, 2006, click sgbn-court-proceedings
B5. Triumph Bank Plc, licence revoked Jan. 16, 2006, click tb-court-proceedings

http://ndic.gov.ng/closed-financial-institutions/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by dman4mdmoon(m): 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2017
Greed! Get-rich-quick syndrome!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by fyneboi79(m): 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2017
kilokeys:

talk better thing Mr
The more reason why only foolish people will fall for such scheme. 30% ROI within that short period is outrageous.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
kenonze:
while you are busy with your doubts

I have made N200,000 just today bw 8:45am to 12:45pm

Via Joyful Donor after PH of same amount.

Life is risk
Infact it is risky not to take risks

na waoooo see ya life.. what level of deception.. I made N30 million just now from MMM otu! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by gafoo4u: 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
It's greed and I think they have learnt their lesson. No free money anywhere in the world.
my mavro is growing, my mavro is coming back, my mavro is better than Nigerian govt. Then go and provide help now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by louqas: 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:

Greed is the only reason. Now that MMM has crashed the flock to other ponzi schemes with vengeance

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by uchwar1: 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
kilokeys:

talk better thing Mr
oh my Geography! God pls provide job for our youths

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
Aburi001:
Greed and laziness make Nigerians to embrace MMM, NNN, Ultimate cycle etc..... Period!!!

You that is very hardworking and not greedy how much have you made in life?

You think that wealth comes solely from hardwork? If it is so, barrow pushers, okada riders, keke operators, etc would have become millionaires.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by vRendoh(m): 4:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
grin grin
Esuatic generation of quick quick results...brainless..wasted education/ certificates....very shameful cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by sekem: 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
I think it's simply because so many of them are fools.

MMM says invest spare cash only.

If so many of these fools heed that advice, I'm sure the music would have been different today.

But look at them now.

They are gnashing their teeth now in pains and regret.

But yet they will never learn.

The worst thing that can happen to somebody is to be foolish, ignorant and poor all at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by OBAGADAFFI: 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:

It is due mental laziness and Bandwagon effect.

Lots of investor got up-to 50% ROI On the floor of NSE As at December.

Most of these Ponzi scheme investors dont care about how the it works, all they want is money.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by femi4: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
kenonze:

Life is risk
joyful donor?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by thunderbabs: 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
Coz as Nigerians, we don't like sitting down on a Looooongggg thing. grin

Hp that answered ur question.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by brojoshua: 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
The blank truth is that (almost) all Nigerians themselves, almost all of us are crooks and wickedly corrupt, all will worn over and enticed by master crooks and scammers. Liars will listen to and obey greater liars rather than the few who tell them truth. Even Nigerians will troop after their false pastors rather than the few true ministers of Christ, and as Nigerians will demonstrating in support of those who looted all their common wealth and threw them into abject poverty.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by wildchild1: 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
Because we like quick money grin

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
femi4:
joyful donor?

Yeah.
50% return within 24hrs or less
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by brojoshua: 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
The blank truth is that (almost) all Nigerians themselves, almost all of us are crooks and wickedly corrupt, all will be worn over and enticed by master crooks and scammers. Liars will listen to and obey greater liars rather than the few who tell them truth. Even as Nigerians will troop after their false pastors who deceived them rather than the few true ministers of Christ, and as Nigerians will be demonstrating in support of those who looted all their common wealth and threw them into abject poverty. So you see that our situation in Nigeria is a sorry state

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by jashar(f): 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
Most Nigerians suffer form a disease called,'Get Rich Quick Syndrome'

Majority of Nigerians are mentally lazy in the right direction.

To do bad things, they are sharp, but use that same brain to come up with something legal and enterprising, Mbanu.... instead they prefer things like,

'DEAR CUSTOMER, TO BVN VALIDATION IN COMPLIANCE WITH CBN BANK DIRECTIVE, YOUR ATM CARD HAS BEEN DE;ACTIVATED FOR RE;ACTIVATION CALL 09067736287'

The dundi couldn't even write well sef undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by nextstep(m): 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
kilokeys:

talk better thing Mr

Why call him myopic?

It's established world-wide that real investments return 4%-12% over time. Anything more than that is speculation, which is never sustainable. Whether it's real estate, stocks, MMM or other business venture: if you hear 30% returns... pause. It might be 30% today, but when it reaches your turn, it will be -100%.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Mujtahida: 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
tammie24:
Everybody wan make front page sha

The hustle is real
They are greedy for front page and likes, things that cannot put food on the table yet it's easy for them to label MMM participants who tried to meet real needs as greedy. This is not a vote for MMM but the hypocrisy of many here is really appaling.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Bjergtrolde: 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
kenonze:

Life is risk

Do you sell Dangote cement or cars seized by customs?
How post reads like one of those spam messages offering one of the above
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Kazrem(m): 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:

You have answered it. Quick money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oxford Group Of Companies Investment / 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early / How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.