Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again (16996 Views)

How Nigeria Can Win The World Cup By Atiku Abubakar / Behold!the Man Of Destiny, He Has Come To Make Anambra Great Again!!! / See EFCC Reply On Whether Nigeria Will Be Great Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
FuckTheMod:
MMM should pay us grin

LET FG ALLOCATE MONEY TO PAY US FROM THE EXCESS CRUDE OIL ACCOUNT. cheesy

IF THEY CAN CLEAR ALL THE OUTSTANDINGS (MINUS SO-CALLED GUIDERS BONUSES), WE PROMISE TO ALWAYS LISTEN TO THEIR ADVICE AND NEVER TO GET INVOLVED IN ANY PONZI SCHEME AGAIN cry

LONG LIVE NIGERIA cool

LOL...
thank God you learnt your lesson, but sorry it was in a hard way...
so lugubrious...
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by NNVanguard(m): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
snapscore:
At this point I am not even sure. The future of a country lies in the hands of it's youths.

How are our youths today?

We complain of corruption, injustice, nepotism but how many of us live lives that are free of all these (especially corruption)?

If we have a revolution, it's still the youths that would take over. So how are our youths?

If we want Nigeria to be great, it honestly begins with you and I.

Join the New Nigeria Vanguard in making a great Nigeria @nnvanguard on twitter

1 Like

Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by NNVanguard(m): 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
angeltolly:
REVOLUTION!!! We need a revolution

In the New Nigeria Vanguard, the revolution have started. Join @nnvanguard on twitter

1 Like

Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by cirmuell(m): 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
Zirah:
Exactly. I think we should also add chasing them from any part of the southwest their brains are scattered in. I'd be glad to personally do Lagos.

kikiki grin bro please no kill me with laughter.

Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by Baawaa(m): 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
omohayek:
"Again"? When was Nigeria ever "great"? You can't return to something that never was.
There was a time in this nation when Naira was stronger than US dollar, then two Naira was 1 pound that was when we were productive as a nation.So, Nigera was once a great nation

1 Like

Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by muyiwaojo1(m): 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
Kill any politician or public service individuals that embassles anything more than 10m naira
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by lexaydfg(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
Power supply
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by Ncsamuel(m): 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hopefully in the future IF i bcom president!.......first of all we need to improve NIGERIA economically,socially by getting evry body represented in a town hall meeting to seek for a conference so as to re write a new and better constitution. And also to allowing growth to begin from every house hold by allowing evry town and city to have their own democratically elected mayors and governing councils who would be patriotic to see their home city grow in all aspects with the support of the FED GOVT with evryone payin their taxes. And also by increasing productivity of evry working class Nigerian by revoking paying systems to be hourly. My dream is to see a Nigeria where literacy level would be 99%, some 50%workforce are into manufacturing....................... Lemme stop dreaming, in Nigerian dreams dont come true. Its only in Nigeria where see someone with the passion to be a surgoen ends up being an unemployed chemistry graduate! GOD will help us o
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by voicelez: 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
u just hit the nail
Toronto123:
Invest massively in education
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
Flood !
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by otosa(m): 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
By going on our separate ways, because the countries that don't even big as Nigeria in Africa are doing well. Can u imagine? No electricity, no good road , no infrastructure in short nothing working well in Nigeria. Before u know now they will start occupy the streets, roads, stadiums for their useless campaigns. Obasanjo ruled for good 8years and he couldn't make it possible for us to have stable electricity despite the billion of dollars been spent on it and now, he has got to blame the current govt. For what he failed to provide. And the only reason why I voted for this current administration were because of Security and Electricity but look at me now I gain nothing. No security! No Electricity. As they scam me God shall surely scam them Xten
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by darknetcom: 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
execute some criminals publicly...

and e voila...
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by AmuEwu: 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
UNIQUEISRAEL:

Please stop that, reason straight...
Have you tried that in your family circle?

Have I tried what? To reason straight, or the blue film?

Maybe you don't know how much money is in the industry
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by gloryfidedesign(m): 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nigeria will be great if only we seek the Face of "the male child who is to rule all nation with the Rod of Iron the one that was caught onto God and to His throne." Holy bible rev.12:5.
my fellow Nigeria nothing is wrong with our leaders it just that if the Lord don't build the builder build but in vain. we have been looking for help in all want we know and where we know but with no avail. Jacob got his salvation when he met with God and his name was change from Jacob to Isreal.
as a well patriotic Nigeria I wish my country well I will tell you and the entire world the the Living God is here on earth in flesh and blood. until we as a nation seek His blessing for our great country we will keep on wondering in the wilderness.
corruption is not a physical problem is a spiritual case even if you vote the best man to lead this nation with the spiritual case the leader cannot do anything meaningful.
when the disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ were trying to cross the trouble sea Christ was in the boat but He said nothing until they call on Him and He calm the storm.
you may be asking what are my saying. no more time for trying of lock.
we most recognised the one Who is in our midst. the one "Who came from Edom with dye garment from Bozra travelling in the greatness of His strenght I that speak in righteousness Mighty to SAVE."Holy bible ISAAH 63:1.
The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords
The Unified Universal Theocratic Cancil Chairman His Holiness Olumba Olumba Obu.
the only hope of this world. He is the only one Who can stop the storm we are facing in this country. let our leaders the President,the senate president, chief justice and others of this country go to The Holy Father and present Nigeria case to Him.
remember Christ was in the same boat with His decciples and there was still storm on their way until they ask Him for help.before God bless and Nation He start from the head and leader.
I have giving my own little but strong suggestion on how we can make not only Nigeria great but the whole black race and the entire world.
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by omohayek: 8:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
Baawaa:

There was a time in this nation when Naira was stronger than US dollar, then two Naira was 1 pound that was when we were productive as a nation.So, Nigera was once a great nation
If that's all it takes to make a nation "great", then we could just replace the current Naira with a "New Naira" at a rate of 1000 to 1! Of course, all prices would be slashed by the same factor of 1,000, so how exactly would you be any better off?

What matters in determining standard of living isn't the exchange rate of your currency to another one, but how much you can buy for what you earn in your currency. I would rather make N3,000,000 a year at N500:$1, than earn N200 a year at N1:$2.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by tuscani: 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
grin
FuckTheMod:
MMM should pay us grin

LET FG ALLOCATE MONEY TO PAY US FROM THE EXCESS CRUDE OIL ACCOUNT. cheesy

IF THEY CAN CLEAR ALL THE OUTSTANDINGS (MINUS SO-CALLED GUIDERS BONUSES), WE PROMISE TO ALWAYS LISTEN T grin grin ;DO THEIR ADVICE AND NEVER TO GET INVOLVED IN ANY PONZI SCHEME AGAIN cry

LONG LIVE NIGERIA cool
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
AmuEwu:

Have I tried what? To reason straight, or the blue film?
Maybe you don't know how much money is in the industry

lol, badt guy
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by Crownbird(m): 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nigeria can be Great, if we have honest leaders ...
Nigeria is blessed, but we don't know how to create wealth from the available resources.
Our leaders are good in embezzlement, to me even if you did and it is channelled into things that bring about growth and development
in any sector. Proper structure, design and plan are put in place, trust me Nigeria will protect you even if EFCC show.
Charity begins at home, every black leaders in different companies should change their approach towards development.
We all will die one day, so let us all join hand together and build a better environment for the coming generation.
Say, No to facilities, structures, plans that doesn't last. They should be able to stand for like 100years.
For example, roads built, structures like schools, hospitals etc don't last. It's all waste of public fund.
Lastly about religion, nobody holy pass ... but Nigeria sabi fear, which makes it easy for them to be brain washed by it.
Even the missionary that give us the Good News, we do the thing pass them, come turn am unpside down. The root of all evil is MONEY.
Jesus self talk am.
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by Princealex1(m): 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
metiette:
Freeze all accounts..Give everybody 20pounds each to start afresh. undecided

Dude you just cracked me up,nice one...lol
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by GreatEngineer(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nigeria should be restructure now or forget about being great.
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by Edijana2015(m): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
Everyone should buy a gun that's all.
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
Corrupt heads has got to roll, just like French Revolution. However, a change in mental disposition and attitude must also be considered. Is this possible Time will tell!
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by jinxet2000: 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
fIFirst, Nigeria is not America to be made great again.
Nigeria has to start working before it can be made great.
To solve problems in Nigeria must start with identifying the problems.
Forget about the crime, that is not the problem, forget tribalism, that is not the problem, the problem is that the key driver of development and life improvement is not shared well and when it is shared, it does not do what it was budgeted to do.
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by abnsugbe: 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
angeltolly:
REVOLUTION!!! We need a revolution

u have said it all...any further comment na Rubbish
people like Obasanajo and Co needs to die.
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by lordizak(m): 9:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
kenbee:
Return PDP to power!

are u normal?
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by DonPablo007(m): 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
ghostofsparta:
All government officials (from top to bottom) should be made to swear an oath in the contactivated presence of 32 of our Gods not the ineffective Bible nor Quran.
ghost of sparta
how are you doing its ghost of persia been ages
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by Handsomecole(m): 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
Seriously, I'm glad a topic like dis made front page. I hope such would always make FP every week.
Now to the topic.
Nigeria's major problem is leadership.

It's just dat we've been so unlucky for these good leaders to last. Using the likes of Nnamdi Azikiwe, MKO and Yar-Adua.

If we can have a leadership that will lead the country without or with very little (since humans are not perfect) "Political", "Religious" and "Tribal" sentiments this country will be a better place.

Such leadership quality will be from the Federal,State, Local and institutions. Whereby qualified people are given the opportunity to do the job.

There is also a need for a true national conference not the one that already rich political thieves will attend. One that the true people the masses from each geo-political zone will be represented to discuss our nationhood.

And lastly, a nation that wants to be great cannot thrive on corruption. And to fight corruption we need to go back to the roots, the homes, churches, schools.

I know that Nigeria will be Great again!
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by xelly: 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
For Nigeria to be great, Buhari should face ICC, herdsmen eradicated, Muslim terrorists wiped out, etc
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by 1miccza: 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2017
UNIQUEISRAEL:

Thanks Friend.
My pleasure bro
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by nice360: 10:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
First and foremost,we should all have the commitment that we truly want our country Nigeria to be great.
Our constitution needs to be reviewed with sincerity towards achieving our goal.(all fundamental laws must be followed to nearly perfection i.e legislature,judiciary & executive must be strictly guided by it , including u and me. Obstacles like corruption and others must not have it way in.)
progressive policies must be introduce to support the nice one that already exist.
The most important of all is the implementation of such policies with the strength and sacrifice for true federalism in all sector. Execution of policies without being biased.
who can make this happen? GOD. So let us all come closer to our creator. The greatest weapon and key to success is prayer. Let us pray for the rulers and the ruled and the country "Nigeria"in general daily. Never forget The Al mighty commandment " love ur neighbor as ur self & be ur brothers keeper"
""If u b HausA or BiafrA or OduduwA,let's come togedA to make our country NigeriA bettA. =A1... I believe we shall have distinction at the end. God bless the reader as he or she get ready to make it happen.
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by Elliot2(m): 11:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
there should be consciousness of our responsibilities as citizens,our reward system should be made right-where hard work is encouraged n laziness discouraged. in fact,our basic problems can be traced to our poor rewarding system-favouritism, tribalism n all that shits stem from our wrong rewarding system.
Re: Give Reasonable Suggestions On How Nigeria Can Be Great Again by iRepNaija1: 11:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
This list is not rank, just listing as I'm thinking:

1.) Good, wide roads that are properly maintained (with proper road signs).
2.) Extensive, functioning public transportation (buses, trains, trams, light rails, etc. Encourage people to use it to minimize driving)
3.) Constant electricity (so constant that when lights go out, we're surprised and it's brought back immediately)
4.) Clean water accessible to all
5.) Fantastic healthcare
6.) Good employee benefits for Nigerians (maternity/paternity leave, promotions, monetary compensation for overtime work, making sure Nigerians can be managers and be in executive positions in foreign/domestic firms, companies, and organizations, and etc. Too many of us doing lowly or mid-range work).
7.) Revitalization of the education system
8.) A massive job campaign to get young people hired and working
9.) Driving school with a driving test before you can receive your license (there are too many people driving like effing maniacs in Nigeria and it has lead to so many disabled people).

There are plenty more but these are the most vital components.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Buhari Has Ordered Prosecution Of Lawal, Oke / Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer / INEC Staff Welcome Newly-Reappointed Chairman, Yakubu Back To Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.