Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas (53966 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Vacuum A Vehicle's AC System Before Refill? / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off / Watch:Reason Why You Shouldn't Buy A Lamborghini Murcielago If You're A Big Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Ambient Temperature Sensor (Switch)

Common signs include a faulty AC auto mode, inconsistent cooling, and incorrect outdoor temperature readings.

Modern vehicles are equipped with sophisticated heating and air conditioning systems that are highly efficient in achieving and maintaining comfortable cabin temperatures for the passengers. They are able to do this by using a series of sensors that work together to activate and regulate the AC system. One of the primary sensors that plays a key role in the operation of the AC system is the ambient temperature sensor, also commonly known as the ambient temperature sensor switch.

Vehicles in hot or cold extremes will require significantly more effort from the HVAC system to both cool and heat the cabin of the vehicle. For this reason, it is important for the system to be aware of the temperature of the environment that the vehicle is in. It is the job of the ambient temperature sensor to measure the external temperature of the vehicle as a reference point for the computer to make calculations. The computer will continuously monitor the signal from the ambient temperature sensor and make automatic adjustments as needed to maintain cabin temperature. When the ambient temperature sensor fails, there will usually be a few symptoms that may alert the driver that a problem with the sensor has occurred and it should be inspected or replaced if needed.

1. The AC auto mode will not work

Most modern vehicles have an auto AC setting that will allow the vehicle to automatically set and regulate the temperature. The AC system will simply read the ambient and cabin temperature sensors data and continuously cycle the AC system on and off as required to keep the cabin cool. When the ambient temperature sensor fails, the system does not have a reference point from which to base it’s automatic calculations and the setting will not work.

2. Inconsistent cooling

Another symptom of a bad or failing ambient temperature sensor is inconsistent cooling. As the ambient temperature sensor plays a direct role in the automated function of the AC system, when it is having a problem this may interfere with the system’s ability to cool the vehicle. If the ambient temperature sensor fails or is sending out an inconsistent signal, then the AC system may have trouble maintaining cool and comfortable cabin temperatures.

3. Incorrect reading on temperature gauge

Another more obvious symptom of a bad or failing sensor is an incorrect reading on the vehicle’s temperature gauge. Most vehicles will have some sort of display somewhere on the interior of the vehicle that indicates the outside temperature of the vehicle, usually read by the ambient temperature sensor. If the reading on the gauge or indicator is off by more than a few degrees, then the sensor should be replaced, as the incorrect reading may interfere with proper AC system functions.

The ambient temperature sensor plays an important role in the overall operation of the AC system. For this reason, if you suspect that your ambient temperature sensor has failed, or is having a problem.
Contact MOSBUS COOL to help inspect the AC system and replace the sensor if necessary.

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
New tools in town used for car air conditioner

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
New latest sophisticated tools for car air conditioning just arrived @ mosbus cool.
Come and give your car air conditioning the best ever treatment.
We also run electrical scanning for car air conditioning.

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
Happy Sunday friends.
Pls fill free to contact mosbus cool if you have any issue with your car air conditioning.
Consultation is free,am ready to give you the best of the best advice concerning your car air conditioning.
Call or WhatsApp on 08026941215.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by tsiriman(m): 7:48am On Dec 20, 2017
Please who knows any technician or workshop with vacuuming machine in Kaduna. Went round Oriapata couldn't get a single person that had it, so I had to refill my wife's car without vacuuming.

Many of the technicians argued that its not necessary. One said if I vacuum thats the end of my compressor.
People need knowledge.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 11:58am On Dec 20, 2017
tsiriman:
Please who knows any technician or workshop with vacuuming machine in Kaduna. Went round Oriapata couldn't get a single person that had it, so I had to refill my wife's car without vacuuming.

Many of the technicians argued that its not necessary. One said if I vacuum thats the end of my compressor.
People need knowledge.
pls don't mind them,they don't know there job.
I will advice if non of them have a vacuum pump,before they refill your car with gas tell them to force the gas in first without starting the car after some while the gas will stop moving by then they can start the car and put on the air conditioning to complete the filling.but they need to be careful so that they don't overfilll the system.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
Here is a list of late model vehicles sold in North America in 2014 and 2015 that have R1234yf refrigerant in their air conditioning systems:

BMW i3 Electric

Cadillac XTS (2013 and 2014)

Chevrolet Malibu

Chevrolet Spark EV (2014)

Chevrolet Trax

Chrysler 300 (2014)

Dodge Challenger (2014)

Honda Fit EV (2013 and 2014)

Hyundai Santa Fe & i30

Ford Transit

Infinity Q50

Jeep Cherokee (2014)

Kia Sorento, Optima & Cadenza

Mazda CX-5

Mitsubishi Mirage

Range Rover and Range Rover Sport (2014)

Subaru BRZ, Forrester & Impreza
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
Happy new year,may GOD bless you all for your patronage.

Just got a new OBD ii tools for scanning air conditioning,most recent car air conditioning controls are connected to the ECU of the car.

Bonanza Bonanza........ come and scan your air conditioning system it absolutely free........
From January 8th----- February 5th mostly for people that uses hybrid cars.

Fill free to call for any enquiry.
Call:08026941215 or 08037586148.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by kayphyzee(m): 3:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
Oga mosbus, kudos for the great work on this platform. Please I need your kind advice.

When I bought my car (Camry 2000) in 2016, the AC wasn't cooling well so I was advised to refill it (which I did). It worked well until about October, 2017 when I noticed it was no longer cooling as before. So I approached my AC man again to complain and he refilled the AC system again. We used R134 refrigerant both times.

After the second filing, it worked for about one week and suddenly stopped cooling (the AC light would start blinking after about 5 seconds). I suspected there was a major leak somewhere. I never bothered about it (because I got no referral to another competent AC technician) until about three weeks ago. I was directed to another AC technician within my area. I explained to the guy and he did the following to determine where the leak is:

(i) removed the compressor, filled it with one oil and refixed. He explained that he would be able to trace the leak from where the oil spills out;
(ii) filled the system with a R134 refrigerant.

2 minutes into running the vehicle, we noticed that the AC began cooling but after a short while, it began blowing normal air. We observed a noise from the compressor area and the guy poured water on the compressor. It was so hot that he advised that I immediately switch off the AC. He concluded that the compressor is faulty and I'd need to change both the compressor and drier.

Please advise. Thanks.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Shagati(m): 8:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
kayphyzee:

(i) removed the compressor, filled it with one oil and refixed. He explained that he would be able to trace the leak from where the oil spills out;

Hmmm.
Spoil button suspected pressed
Kingreign?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by kingreign(m): 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
Shagati:

Hmmm.
Spoil button suspected pressed
Kingreign?

At least kazeem still get hope to chop small grin
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2018
kayphyzee:
Oga mosbus, kudos for the great work on this platform. Please I need your kind advice.

When I bought my car (Camry 2000) in 2016, the AC wasn't cooling well so I was advised to refill it (which I did). It worked well until about October, 2017 when I noticed it was no longer cooling as before. So I approached my AC man again to complain and he refilled the AC system again. We used R134 refrigerant both times.

After the second filing, it worked for about one week and suddenly stopped cooling (the AC light would start blinking after about 5 seconds). I suspected there was a major leak somewhere. I never bothered about it (because I got no referral to another competent AC technician) until about three weeks ago. I was directed to another AC technician within my area. I explained to the guy and he did the following to determine where the leak is:

2 minutes into running the vehicle, we noticed that the AC began cooling but after a short while, it began blowing normal air. We observed a noise from the compressor area and the guy poured water on the compressor. It was so hot that he advised that I immediately switch off the AC. He concluded that the compressor is faulty and I'd need to change both the compressor and drier.

Please advise. Thanks.
You said the AC switch light blinks that means your compressor torque sensor is bad but that can still be modify without changing the sensor but mean while the system has leakage but to make things easy and faster all they need to do is to run a pressure test but they can't do that because they aren't equipped,but right now your compressor is faulty which you have to replace and also make sure they check for blockage and you still have leakage in the system that might be your evaporator.make sure they use the right gas and oil for you.if not they can damage your compressor again.
You can call me for any further enquiry.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Omeizy: 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2018
Sup bro I really commend your good work so far,please is there soft or hard cabinet filter for Toyota yaris 2008 model
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 5:30pm On Jan 19, 2018
Omeizy:
Sup bro I really commend your good work so far,please is there soft or hard cabinet filter for Toyota yaris 2008 model
yes.....
There are two types: dust (paper type)and dust and odor(charcoal type). The dust type cabin air filters can trap particles as small as 0.3 microns, which include things like pollen, bacteria, mold spores, even exhaust soot and smoke. Most dust filters will stop 100 percent of all particles that are 3 microns or larger in size, and 95 to 99 percent of particles 1 to 3 microns in size. The combination dust and odor filters have a layer of activated charcoal or baking soda to absorb odors and air pollutants. Some of these filters may even be lightly scented to enhance the driving experience.

The recommended replacement interval is typically every 15,000 to 30,000 miles for dust-type filters, or once a year for combination dust and odor cabin air filters.but because of naija environment i always advice me client to clean there cabin filter every 3 month depend on the area you live.

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:24am On Jan 20, 2018
Running pressure test on Toyota Camry 2008 Evaporator without bring down the dashboard.

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by bdon123(m): 1:11am On Jan 23, 2018
oga mosbus my problem is that am afraid of my Lexus RX 330 AC compressor failing.My current AC compressor is d 2nd one i have bought.The first one failed after a year of operation.Please note i didnt change condenser as the AC guy said it was still flowing and not bad ,so he flushed with some chemicals and said its ok.Note i had to recharge once within the one year of its operation.Now to my 2nd compressor,i changed it and changed condenser and xpansion v/v ...and d new AC guy i used this time confirmed it was a sienna compressor that the previous guy fixed ,so the whole system was thouroughly flushed with chemicals then finally with compressor oil before charging with gas.Currently my AC works fine but am scared of it failing as i spent alot of money already on AC system ...am going paranoid n scared that it might fail again.
NB:after the first compressor failure,it was opened up and no oil was found inside hence the reason for it seizing.........i will like to know if am over paranoid
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2018
bdon123:
oga mosbus my problem is that am afraid of my Lexus RX 330 AC compressor failing.My current AC compressor is d 2nd one i have bought.The first one failed after a year of operation.Please note i didnt change condenser as the AC guy said it was still flowing and not bad ,so he flushed with some chemicals and said its ok.Note i had to recharge once within the one year of its operation.Now to my 2nd compressor,i changed it and changed condenser and xpansion v/v ...and d new AC guy i used this time confirmed it was a sienna compressor that the previous guy fixed ,so the whole system was thouroughly flushed with chemicals then finally with compressor oil before charging with gas.Currently my AC works fine but am scared of it failing as i spent alot of money already on AC system ...am going paranoid n scared that it might fail again.
NB:after the first compressor failure,it was opened up and no oil was found inside hence the reason for it seizing.........i will like to know if am over paranoid
you have no issue seems you have replaced those parts has mentioned above.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 3:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
Running air conditioning leakage test with my OBD 2 scanner on Toyota Corolla 2009.
It always accurate and fast.

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 11:58am On Feb 14, 2018
Running gas test with my automotive refrigerant identifier machine.want to be sure the gas is pure and 100% not missed with R12 and R22, because that is the reason so many AC compressor get burnt.

1 Share

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by texasbullet(m): 8:20am On Feb 21, 2018
Am coming soon

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by texasbullet(m): 8:53am On Feb 21, 2018
Coming soon

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2018
This warm weather has everyone sweating, but you don't have to be hot when cruising around town, stop in and let us cool you off. We will beat any of our competitors, with honest, and dependable AC service.
Call mosbus cool for any enquiry.

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by dapotemi: 12:45am On Mar 23, 2018
My Ac was recharged and it was very chilling but after two weeks it's started blowing normal air. I asked my Ac to check and he said it's low on gas and he has to refill again. Yes, it worked for another two to three weeks and I am back to square one. I notice it's a gradual process as it will be very chill at first, maybe for one week, then jus normal chilling the second week and by d third week, wat I get is just normal air. I suspect a serious leak. When can I come for a leak test.
04 Camry. Obviously my AC guy is incompetent and am done with him
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:40am On Mar 23, 2018
dapotemi:
My Ac was recharged and it was very chilling but after two weeks it's started blowing normal air. I asked my Ac to check and he said it's low on gas and he has to refill again. Yes, it worked for another two to three weeks and I am back to square one. I notice it's a gradual process as it will be very chill at first, maybe for one week, then jus normal chilling the second week and by d third week, wat I get is just normal air. I suspect a serious leak. When can I come for a leak test.
04 Camry. Obviously my AC guy is incompetent and am done with him
you can come next week Monday.
Thanks
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by dapotemi: 10:08am On Mar 23, 2018
[danciuthor=mosbus post=66082892]you can come next week Monday.
Thanks[/quote]

*dancing azonto..Thank you bros. Pls allow me to choose another day. Work schedule won't allow me to come on Monday. I will call you on phone. Thank you
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
dapotemi:
[danciuthor=mosbus post=66082892]you can come next week Monday.
Thanks

*dancing azonto..Thank you bros. Pls allow me to choose another day. Work schedule won't allow me to come on Monday. I will call you on phone. Thank you
you welcome.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by samir101ng(m): 11:40am On Mar 29, 2018
Any update on a reliable AC technician with a vacuum pump in Abuja ?! Because I am seriously considering purchasing one and charging people for the usage. It seems there is a growing demand for it and all those AC technicians in GUDU, Abuja don't even know about vacuuming an AC system.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Kjnwancaro: 12:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
I never got a chance to say thank you for your service five months ago so here. Thank you mosbus. man even followed me to my house and gave me the grace to pay the next day.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 7:18am On Mar 30, 2018
samir101ng:
Any update on a reliable AC technician with a vacuum pump in Abuja ?! Because I am seriously considering purchasing one and charging people for the usage. It seems there is a growing demand for it and all those AC technicians in GUDU, Abuja don't even know about vacuuming an AC system.
i don't have any reliable technician in Abuja.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Jazzlite: 8:05am On Mar 30, 2018
mosbus:
i don't have any reliable technician in Abuja.
I need you to fix my car AC
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jazzlite:

I need you to fix my car AC
hmmmm,pls let talk on WhatsApp here is my number 08026941215

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen A Range Rover Pickup Before? Dope Or Not? / Collections Of Luxury Cars In Dubai Police Force Fleet / #167million Phantom, Rolls-Royce Unveils World's Most Quiet&Advanced Car(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.