Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas (53903 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Vacuum A Vehicle's AC System Before Refill? / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off / Watch:Reason Why You Shouldn't Buy A Lamborghini Murcielago If You're A Big Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by callmemikel(m): 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
mosbus:

So sorry.
You know am a public servant.

Good day Oga Mosbus.
Pls my Camry 07 refrigerant keep finishing after 3 to 4 months. I ve filled it like 3 times since September last year when I got the car.

I then went to a garage today in order to find out leakage. After the technicians checked they couldn't find any leakage. So they said they would vacuum and refill with green oil which would show where the leakage is coming from eventually.

The vacuum test reads 6. And they ve filled it up now. I just want to know what the vacuum test result means. Because I expected them to find out the leak location today. I really hope this refill won't last just 3 months again.

No odour from the dashboard while the AC works.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
callmemikel:

Good day Oga Mosbus.
Pls my Camry 07 refrigerant keep finishing after 3 to 4 months. I ve filled it like 3 times since September last year when I got the car.

I then went to a garage today in order to find out leakage. After the technicians checked they couldn't find any leakage. So they said they would vacuum and refill with green oil which would show where the leakage is coming from eventually.

The vacuum test reads 6. And they ve filled it up now. I just want to know what the vacuum test result means. Because I expected them to find out the leak location today. I really hope this refill won't last just 3 months again.

No odour from the dashboard while the AC works.
What kind of leakage test did they do for you.
Was it pressure leakage test or vacuum leakage test.
You will need to do pressure check on the evaporator and condenser.before concluding if it's from the compressor oil seal.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Blacklaurel: 5:26am On Aug 17, 2023
Good morning Oga mosbus, My compressor started making noise about 3 weeks ago and the noise gets louder by the day although the a/c still chills very well. An A/c technician said the compressor is faulty and needs to be changed. However, he said he will put a manual compressor as the automatic compressors are usually faulty, I don't believe this but 2 other technicians said the same thing. What is your advice sir and how can you help? Car is 09 corolla, location is Ife.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by dicksonadams(m): 7:05am On Aug 17, 2023
hi boss mobus, please how can one make one compressor and other ac system last, and does switching to manual compressor gurrantee longevity without negative adverse on the car
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
Blacklaurel:
Good morning Oga mosbus, My compressor started making noise about 3 weeks ago and the noise gets louder by the day although the a/c still chills very well. An A/c technician said the compressor is faulty and needs to be changed. However, he said he will put a manual compressor as the automatic compressors are usually faulty, I don't believe this but 2 other technicians said the same thing. What is your advice sir and how can you help? Car is 09 corolla, location is Ife.
The problem is the compressor due to age.
I will advice you still maintain the automatic system.
Just buy a brand new compressor.pls don't convert to manual you won't be happy with your engine performance.

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by dicksonadams(m): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2023
dicksonadams:
hi boss mobus, please how can one make one compressor and other ac system last, and does switching to manual compressor gurrantee longevity without negative adverse on the car

boss mobus
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Blacklaurel: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2023
mosbus:

The problem is the compressor due to age.
I will advice you still maintain the automatic system.
Just buy a brand new compressor.pls don't convert to manual you won't be happy with your engine performance.

Oga mosbus, How can I contact you? I need to speak with you
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
Blacklaurel:

Oga mosbus, How can I contact you? I need to speak with you
08026941215 or 08037586148
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by amstamon: 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2023
Boss I Greet you. Can I install a big daddy compressor on my camry 2009? What's the effect and alternative?
No much fundz for a total overhaul of parts and new automatic compressor.
Pls I really need your input.
A diehard fan
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2023
amstamon:
Boss I Greet you. Can I install a big daddy compressor on my camry 2009? What's the effect and alternative?
No much fundz for a total overhaul of parts and new automatic compressor.
Pls I really need your input.
A diehard fan
It will work but gradually it will wear your engine.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by amstamon: 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2023
mosbus:

It will work but gradually it will wear your engine.
pls What's the best alternative apart from automatic? Or is Peugeot compressor better than big daddy?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
amstamon:
pls What's the best alternative apart from automatic? Or is Peugeot compressor better than big daddy?

Peugeot compressor is the worst. Due to the high capacity of the compressor.
Big daddy compressor is much better.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Kanshi1(m): 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
mosbus:
Use ND 8 or pag 46 for the lubricant oil and for the gas quantity is between 500-600gram max.seems the technical doesn't have vacuum machine let him fill the gas without starting the car,.

Oga Mosbus, pls explain what you meant by filling the gas without starting the car.

Also please i will like to know the exact compressor oil for camry 2010/2011 to buy for a new Denso compressor.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2023
Kanshi1:

Oga Mosbus, pls explain what you meant by filling the gas without starting the car.

Also please i will like to know the exact compressor oil for camry 2010/2011 to buy for a new Denso compressor.

You have called my phone already.
Hope my explanation was well understood.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by obidevine(m): 9:56pm On Jan 20
Remember that preventive measures and adherence to manufacturer guidelines can significantly reduce the risk of "black death" in a car AC system. If you suspect an issue, consult Moses Mosbus on 08037586148 for diagnosis and appropriate solutions.

I'm not doing this to gain anything I'm just promoting a technician that knows his onions.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by dare01: 10:30pm On Mar 02
obidevine:
Remember that preventive measures and adherence to manufacturer guidelines can significantly reduce the risk of "black death" in a car AC system. If you suspect an issue, consult Moses Mosbus on 08037586148 for diagnosis and appropriate solutions.

I'm not doing this to gain anything I'm just promoting a technician that knows his onions.

Undisputed

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:35pm On Mar 09
Mosbus cool is still available in naija.
Always available to solve your air conditioning issues.
If you aren't in lagos fill free to contact me for help.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen A Range Rover Pickup Before? Dope Or Not? / Collections Of Luxury Cars In Dubai Police Force Fleet / #167million Phantom, Rolls-Royce Unveils World's Most Quiet&Advanced Car(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.