Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives (733 Views)

Woman divorces her husband because he was too good to her(Photo) / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag / Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by AloyEmeka6: 7:13pm On Nov 27, 2009

Woman divorces man with 10 wives

A civil servant, Ayobami Olayiwola, Wednesday got an Ibadan Grade C Customary Court to dissolve her marriage of 17years to Ropo Olayiwola on the grounds that he has 10 wives. Ayobami told the court that when she met Olayiwola, she was searching for a job and that he promised to get one for her, provided she would marry him.

“After four years, he got me a job and we got married, even though he had earlier told me he already had a wife at home. When I moved in with him, different women started coming with their children and when I asked him, he said the children were his, but the mothers were not his wives” Ayobami said.

She told the court that he was fifteen years older than her and that she was the ninth wife out of a total of 10 wives. Ayobami also told the court that when it came to cooking and cleaning, Olayiwola insisted that it was her duty and not that of his first wife.

“When I complained to him that the burden was getting too much for me to bear alone, he came to file for a divorce, but our family members settled it. When the first wife began to give me problems, I left the house with my only child Afeez, 16 and came back after spending six years outside,” she said.

Ayobami, however, said she left again in May this year when she found out she was unable to conceive and because he was not taking care of her. Olayiwola was however, not present in court, despite being served court summons thrice.

The Customary Court President, Mr Olayinka Owoade judged that the marriage be dissolved. He added that Afeez should continue to live with his mother, while Olayiwola continues to play his fatherly roles to him. (NAN)

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=10989&z=12
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by Fhemmmy: 7:36pm On Nov 27, 2009
Na today?
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by AloyEmeka6: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2009
She married him knowing full well that he was married to at least one wife, why is she complaining?
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by MrCrackles(m): 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

She married him knowing full well that he was married to at least one wife, why is she complaining?
i wonder. . .
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by Fhemmmy: 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Maybe sharing the man with One wife is all she cld handle
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by cantell(m): 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2009
@All,
Story. She don get another man.
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by Fhemmmy: 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2009
cantell:

@All,

I guess the new man helped her to start a biz, since the first one helped her to get a job.
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by AloyEmeka6: 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2009
cantell:

@All,

Will you keep the old husband if it were you?. He is of no use anymore after all she has her job now and the man cannot impregnate her again. What is she doing with another child anyway? Replicating poverty everyday seems to be our norm in Nigeria.
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by tanimz(f): 10:18pm On Nov 27, 2009
10 wives? Nawa ohh!! Something dey happen for Nigeria lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by Fhemmmy: 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2009
tanimz:

he would marry more, if he is given the opportunity
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by AloyEmeka6: 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

he would marry more, if he is given the opportunity

Won't the wife divorcing him be replaced as soon as possible?. Just give him N10K and see him marry another woman tomorrow. Women complain of abuse from men in Nigeria yet they put themselves in the situation most of the time. How can a sane human being agree to marry a man who already have 9 wives?
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by ebonyz: 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

See me see trouble o grin
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 28, 2009
For 17 wives she didnt know? shocked
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 28, 2009
tanimz:

abeg abeg, innocenti oshi.
Thatz how most of you Naija men do. Unprotected sex, children littered all around, then forced to marry the victim woman.
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by AloyEmeka6: 1:36am On Nov 28, 2009
FL Gators:

abeg abeg, innocenti oshi.
Thatz how most of you Naija men do. Unprotected sex, children littered all around, then forced to marry the victim woman.
Why is a woman in a polygamous marriage a victim?
Re: Woman Divorces Man With 10 Wives by Fhemmmy: 2:27am On Nov 28, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Won't the wife divorcing him be replaced as soon as possible?. Just give him N10K and see him marry another woman tomorrow. Women complain of abuse from men in Nigeria yet they put themselves in the situation most of the time. How can a sane human being agree to marry a man who already have 9 wives?

That is very true. . . .

(1) (Reply)

Have You Watch This Film / Free Your Debt / What Will You Do If:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.