Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,382 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook (7197 Views)

Woman Talks About Killing Her Adulterous Husband On Social Media / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag / Wife Sets Husband On Fire For Molesting Her 7 Year Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by AloyEmeka5: 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook[/size]
Date: Oct 26th, 2010.

A Nigerian, Mrs. Ijeoma Nwabolo, has divorced her husband, Engr. Okezie Godwin Nwabolo, through the Facebook, a popular social networking site.
The husband, a publisher and telecommunications engineer, therefore, approached a Lagos High Court to seek dissolution of his 14-year marriage with Ijeoma.
Nwabolo told the court that a family friend called his attention to the popular social networking site where his wife had gone to change her marital name, Nwabolo, to her maiden name, Onyeka. She also changed her marital status to single.

This prompted him to approach the probate family division of the court to dissolve his marriage to Ijeoma, because all avenues to reconcile with her were rebuffed by her and her family.
The 46-year old engineer informed the court that the marriage which was solemnised on 3 August, 1996 at St. Agnes Catholic Church, Maryland, Lagos, has broken down irreconcilably and his wife could not be traced.

Led in evidence by his counsel, T. O. Taiwo, he told the court that his wife deserted their matrimonial home without any notice or quarrel.
Nwabolo said on 7 August, 2006, he travelled to Abuja for an important meeting with the Belgian Ambassador to Nigeria. When he got to Abuja, all attempts to speak with his wife on phone proved abortive.
“When I arrived in Abuja, I called my wife but all her lines were switched off. Later, I had a call from my driver informing me that my house was empty and my wife was nowhere to be found. I immediately went to the airport and boarded the next available flight to Lagos for verification.
“On getting home, I discovered that she has left our Lagos, residence with all my property and our marriage certificate. I tried all my best possible to locate her but to no avail.

“When I called her uncle, he was not forthcoming. So I got the church that solemnised us involved but she rebuffed all attempts for reconciliation,” he said.
He added that the tribunal of the Catholic Church which includes the Archbishop of Lagos and other bishops sat and advised him that the marriage had become null and void because all efforts for reconciliation were defeated by his wife and her family.
The presiding Judge, Justice Olubunmi Oyewole, subsequently adjourned the matter for further hearing.
—Jamiu Yisa

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/10/26/nigerian-woman-divorces-husband-on-facebook/
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by AloyEmeka5: 12:36am On Oct 27, 2010
Way to go grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Tontolover(f): 1:00am On Oct 27, 2010
Yessss, let him know that's what's up! grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Osama10(m): 2:21am On Oct 27, 2010
I can see we are advancing in the wrong direction.
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Okijajuju1(m): 2:31am On Oct 27, 2010
Wick'd!! Country don dabaru!!

The husband should contact me for revenge Juju!! angry
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by AloyEmeka5: 2:43am On Oct 27, 2010
Okija_juju:

Wick'd!! Country don dabaru!!

The husband should contact me for revenge Juju!!  angry

Revenge for what?. The juju may also dump him on facebook. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by ifyalways(f): 9:56am On Oct 27, 2010
This story does not add up,lots of missing parts.
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Phate07(m): 10:06am On Oct 27, 2010

Facebook is definitely overstepping its boundaries. My gf can not dare to ditch me on Fb.
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Odunnu: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2010
Is FB aware that you are in any relationship with this your Gf?
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Phate07(m): 11:50am On Oct 27, 2010

^^ ^ My Gf dares not try that kind of stunt on Fb. If there are misunderstandings, then we trash it out in real life. Its a physical something, truss me. wink
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by AloyEmeka5: 2:52pm On Oct 27, 2010
Phate07:

^^ ^ [b]My Gf dares not try that kind of stunt on Fb
. If there are misunderstandings, then we trash it out in real life. Its a physical something, truss me. wink
[/b]

And what will you do if she tries it?
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Phate07(m): 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2010

^^Lets just say i play with matured babes, and they know to behave better. If they tried it though, it would be WWIV, truss me. wink
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2010
---
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by OAM4J: 7:14pm On Oct 27, 2010
^^ those things happen o. only in naija.

I remember a woman who disappeared from her matrimonial home just like that too and she refused to honour all invitations for reconciliation

only to find out months later that she ran away with another man after she discovered that she was pregnant for her boyfriend cos she had no child with her husband.

I thought the husband was sterile until he remarried and had 2 kids with his new wife.
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2010
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by OAM4J: 7:28pm On Oct 27, 2010
chaircover:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

wetin?

CC, I checked your websites today, might check the place out on my next visit home. But on one of the sections, I saw something called pink ladies v lipsrsealed, was wondering if you or your staff give demo. lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by AloyEmeka5: 8:20pm On Oct 27, 2010
OAM4J:

^^ those things happen o. only in naija.

I remember a woman who disappeared from her matrimonial home just like that too and she refused to honour all invitations for reconciliation

only to find out months later that she ran away with another man after she discovered that she was pregnant for her boyfriend cos she had no child with her husband.

I thought the husband was sterile until he remarried and had 2 kids with his new wife.

OMG. Why was she running then?. Shouldn't she have blackmailed the man into accepting the baby using his impotency or sterility?
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Coolabbie: 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2010
Osama10:

I can see we are advancing in the wrong direction.
na lie! We are going digital
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 28, 2010
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Osama10(m): 8:04am On Oct 28, 2010
Coolabbie:

na lie! We are going digital

You mean am lying? grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Coolabbie: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2010
@osama10 exactly we hv bin hearing of people 4rm oda climes divorcing by sms & wat not. Since we want 2 b among d developed countries,we cant afford 2 b left bhind. Again i say digital is d way 2 go
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2010
I am even getting sick of Facebook now undecided all kinds of hideous stuff happend on that social network.
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by dominique(f): 10:58am On Oct 28, 2010
There're some loopholes in that story. How can a wife just pack up and leave without notice. There's definitely something the man is not telling.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by MOBO444(f): 11:27am On Oct 28, 2010
Now there goes a Nigeria black woman again.
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by miqos02(m): 11:29am On Oct 28, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

[size=14pt]Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook[/size]
    Date: Oct 26th, 2010.

“When I called her uncle, he was not forthcoming. So I got the church that solemnised us involved but she rebuffed all attempts for reconciliation,” he said.
He added that the tribunal of the Catholic Church which includes the Archbishop of Lagos and other bishops sat and advised him that the marriage had become null and void because all efforts for reconciliation were defeated by his wife and her family.
The presiding Judge, Justice Olubunmi Oyewole, subsequently adjourned the matter for further hearing.
—Jamiu Yisa

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/10/26/nigerian-woman-divorces-husband-on-facebook/
church dey support divorce ? this is new to me ,
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by nkilirox(f): 11:31am On Oct 28, 2010
Something in this story is very fishy. What did he do to make her leave? Has anyone seen his wife since? I suspect him, Igbo men sabi beat their wives well well, maybe she ran away for fear of her life or something even more sinister happened
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by otokx(m): 11:31am On Oct 28, 2010
bollocks
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Wislet(f): 11:35am On Oct 28, 2010
cool mobo my brother no allow me bring out my koboko o! wink
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Ajengogo(m): 11:37am On Oct 28, 2010
This kind of story is the trademark of PM News. Believe it at your own peril.  I am out of here.
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Ranoscky(m): 11:39am On Oct 28, 2010
Na dem sabi.
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by bkbabe97y(m): 11:40am On Oct 28, 2010
I THOUGHT IBOS DO NOT DIVORCE?!!? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Woman Divorces Husband On Facebook by Rekeb: 11:44am On Oct 28, 2010
grin grin grin grin It reminds me of this country song "My wife ran away with my best friend I still miss HIM a lot"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Baby Girl Is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To / Help My Neighbor, Her Husband Beats Her Mercilessly And Threatens To Kill Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.